Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Extremely Stupid Sound Level Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done some searching and cannot find the answer to my question.

Basically, I want to use the masked track in the room I spend most time in during the day. 

I use a sound level where I can hear the trickling or ocean tracks from afar clearly. I then switch to US at the exact same sound level. Frequensee is picking up that the ~20 khz range is working correctly as well. 

With this configuration the sub should be working correctly at US (masked), correct?
I have been doing this for a year.. But I never posted any question. If there is anyone stupid then it's me.. Not you.
(09-10-2020, 03:39 AM)Inconceivablezen Wrote: [ -> ]I've done some searching and cannot find the answer to my question.

Basically, I want to use the masked track in the room I spend most time in during the day. 

I use a sound level where I can hear the trickling or ocean tracks from afar clearly. I then switch to US at the exact same sound level. Frequensee is picking up that the ~20 khz range is working correctly as well. 

With this configuration the sub should be working correctly at US (masked), correct?

if you want to use masked (ocean or trickling) and if you can clearly hear the lowest sound in ocean surf from all areas in the room than you can use that volume to listen all tracks. (ultrasonic(US), ocean, trickling doesn't matter).

(09-10-2020, 03:39 AM)Inconceivablezen Wrote: [ -> ]With this configuration the sub should be working correctly at US (masked), correct?

it should be work fine with US(Ultrasonic) or masked(ocean or trickling) as I know.

btw not a stupid question, sometimes this question makes me mad Big Grin , i want to be sure it is working fine and recheck it.
The only issue you might have is that it may be a bit too loud. If it doesn't cause nausea, headaches or excessive tinnitus, it should be fine. If it does, lower the volume a bit.
I just measure via frequensee from the source volume, usually around -35~ -40 db is the point i calibrate it.

i hope that's the right amount lol
(09-12-2020, 01:49 AM)Rusty Wrote: [ -> ]I just measure via frequensee from the source volume, usually around -35~ -40 db is the point i calibrate it.

That is not going to be too high.  If it works for you, go for it.
(09-14-2020, 10:00 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2020, 01:49 AM)Rusty Wrote: [ -> ]I just measure via frequensee from the source volume, usually around -35~ -40 db is the point i calibrate it.

Shannon can I ask if my speaker frequency response range is 50Hz-22kHz +/-1.5dB is this okay to listen to Ultrasonic on? Or does my lower end need to be 20hz?
Sorry in advance I know you probably get this question a million times. 

Warm regards,

Ali
Hi, Shannon confirmed in some convo I cannot find right now that the lower end is not a problem.
(09-20-2020, 09:23 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]

Shannon can I ask if my speaker frequency response range is 50Hz-22kHz +/-1.5dB is this okay to listen to Ultrasonic on? Or does my lower end need to be 20hz?

Warm regards,

Ali

The standard for "CD quality audio" is 20 Hz to 20 kHz.  20 Hz is bass so low that it's relatively close to the lowest sounds human ears can register.

20 kHz is necessary for ultrasonics, because we use the audio range from 13 kHz to 20 kHz for ultrasonics.  But for masked audio, the range is going to need only to cover normal speech, which is usually well covered by 1 to 4 kHz.  So 50 Hz low end is fine.
(09-21-2020, 04:04 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2020, 09:23 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]

Warm regards,

Ali

The standard for "CD quality audio" is 20 Hz to 20 kHz.  20 Hz is bass so low that it's relatively close to the lowest sounds human ears can register.

20 kHz is necessary for ultrasonics, because we use the audio range from 13 kHz to 20 kHz for ultrasonics.  But for masked audio, the range is going to need only to cover normal speech, which is usually well covered by 1 to 4 kHz.  So 50 Hz low end is fine.

Thanks Shannon appreciate this clarification and your response to my other questions on AM6. 

Cheers, 

Ali