Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Shannon’s Tarot Book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is the book ‘Master of Life with Tarot’ available as e-book somewhere?
No. I chose not to release it as an ebook because I want people to value it. ebooks tend to be undervalued. It's bad enough that I had to charge $24.95 for what is worth about $2,500 if I was to do a seminar or course-by-mail on this stuff. That, and ebooks are much more easily pirated. My stuff gets pirated enough.
(08-26-2020, 05:58 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]No.  I chose not to release it as an ebook because I want people to value it.  ebooks tend to be undervalued.  It's bad enough that I had to charge $24.95 for what is worth about $2,500 if I was to do a seminar or course-by-mail on this stuff.  That, and ebooks are much more easily pirated.  My stuff gets pirated enough.

Ya, I understand, in part  Tongue

Living outside the U.S. in country where most of the incoming mail is lost or stolen poses a unique challenge. I have purchased ebooks only for the last 15 years or so.  

Are all e-books easy to pirate? I thought there was still some DRM around. Then again, I never tried. 

But, where there is a will there is a way, I just spent three times the amount you mentioned to get it via DHL, without regrets. Chances I’ll get it through that channel are high. 

I am very much looking forward to having it in my hands, I love tarot, I am sure your perspective will greatly enrich my practice. 

You are absolutely right about the price of an online workshop, these days half a dozen one-hour videos and some forum material cost 300 to 600 dollars on average. Those prices went up with Covid.
This book is definitely on my radar. Was gifted an AE Waite deck by a friend - who when I was running USLM3 gave me a quick 3 card reading and determined my 'luck' was very very bright - so much so that he also purchased USLM3 within a couple of days Smile

This will be the perfect ticket. So I'm intuiting - that 'The Models' involve this...

As such I'm keen to run my own models in time.

Love Love Love
(08-27-2020, 04:49 AM)Omni3 Wrote: [ -> ]This book is definitely on my radar. Was gifted an AE Waite deck by a friend - who when I was running USLM3 gave me a quick 3 card reading and determined my 'luck' was very very bright - so much so that he also purchased USLM3 within a couple of days Smile

This will be the perfect ticket. So I'm intuiting - that 'The Models' involve this...

Love Love Love

I wrote the book based on research I was doing into predictive systems as a whole, which the sum total results of were later developed into the software that eventually became the models.  Tarot cards by themselves are not capable of doing what the models do, even if you had a high accuracy rate.  They're not complex enough to give the same information.  In fact none of the predictive systems I studied, with the exception of one that was based in science, had enough complexity.  The models were developed primarily from what I found was a common thread in all useful intuitive predictive systems, plus what I found worked from scientific predictive systems, plus a healthy dose of secret sauce.

So you could say the Tarot was a step towards the models, but the models would be the whole staircase by comparison.
(08-26-2020, 06:17 PM)fab10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2020, 05:58 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]No.  I chose not to release it as an ebook because I want people to value it.  ebooks tend to be undervalued.  It's bad enough that I had to charge $24.95 for what is worth about $2,500 if I was to do a seminar or course-by-mail on this stuff.  That, and ebooks are much more easily pirated.  My stuff gets pirated enough.

Ya, I understand, in part  Tongue

Living outside the U.S. in country where most of the incoming mail is lost or stolen poses a unique challenge. I have purchased ebooks only for the last 15 years or so.  

Are all e-books easy to pirate? I thought there was still some DRM around. Then again, I never tried. 

But, where there is a will there is a way,

Indeed.  And once the DRM is broken, the piracy happens just the same.

Quote:I just spent three times the amount you mentioned to get it via DHL, without regrets. Chances I’ll get it through that channel are high. 

I appreciate the vote of confidence.  You did get the 4th Edition, correct?  That is the latest one.  I haven't published the 5th Edition yet.  Still at least a year away on that one.

Quote:I am very much looking forward to having it in my hands, I love tarot, I am sure your perspective will greatly enrich my practice. 

I will be surprised if you don't find at least some very interesting things in that book that you don't already know.  So far the only people I have encountered who know everything in that book are me and those who have read it.  

Quote:You are absolutely right about the price of an online workshop, these days half a dozen one-hour videos and some forum material cost 300 to 600 dollars on average. Those prices went up with Covid.

Maybe I need to create a video course and sell that.
(08-27-2020, 05:46 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]You did get the 4th Edition, correct?

Yes

Quote:Maybe I need to create a video course and sell that.

You should but I doubt you’ll have the time  Lol
(08-27-2020, 05:42 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2020, 04:49 AM)Omni3 Wrote: [ -> ]This book is definitely on my radar. Was gifted an AE Waite deck by a friend - who when I was running USLM3 gave me a quick 3 card reading and determined my 'luck' was very very bright - so much so that he also purchased USLM3 within a couple of days Smile

Love Love Love

I wrote the book based on research I was doing into predictive systems as a whole, which the sum total results of were later developed into the software that eventually became the models.  Tarot cards by themselves are not capable of doing what the models do, even if you had a high accuracy rate.  They're not complex enough to give the same information.  In fact none of the predictive systems I studied, with the exception of one that was based in science, had enough complexity.  The models were developed primarily from what I found was a common thread in all useful intuitive predictive systems, plus what I found worked from scientific predictive systems, plus a healthy dose of secret sauce.

So you could say the Tarot was a step towards the models, but the models would be the whole staircase by comparison.

Thanks for the clarification. It spurs me on more to get the book.... and build my own staircase...

Of course WHEN you make the video course you'll have another income stream...whatever it takes to keep the lights on I say Smile

Much Love

Loving OF by the way. Quietly getting on with it.
Is the book currently available on Amazon? I can't find it
@Shannon

Please someone send a link
Edit: Never mind I found it
For reference, in case someone else looks for it

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Life-Tarot...1483903311
Anyone who has purchased the book, it would be great if you could leave an honest review on the Amazon store page for me.
(02-08-2021, 11:08 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone who has purchased the book, it would be great if you could leave an honest review on the Amazon store page for me.

Sure, I will after I get it and read it. It's set for delivery on 20th February.

I'm not sure what to expect, is there some astrology info as well?

Also do I need to by some Tarot deck or how is it
(02-08-2021, 08:24 PM)samba99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2021, 11:08 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone who has purchased the book, it would be great if you could leave an honest review on the Amazon store page for me.

Sure, I will after I get it and read it. It's set for delivery on 20th February.

There is passing reference to astrology in it.  You will need a standard Rider-Waite tarot deck for the book.  You can get one on Amazon for around $15, sometimes less.
(02-11-2021, 03:46 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2021, 08:24 PM)samba99 Wrote: [ -> ]

There is passing reference to astrology in it.  You will need a standard Rider-Waite tarot deck for the book.  You can get one on Amazon for around $15, sometimes less.

I bought your tarot book as well, waiting for it to arrive.

is there any books you would recommend for astrology, something more on the deep end.
Pages: 1 2