Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Another speaker question/issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shannon or anyone else whom might be able to help! 

Hope you are well. I'm sure you get asked this question one million times so apologies in advance. 

I'm slightly confused on the whole advice regarding 'volume' upon which the Sub should be played at. I read on one of the threads that you ideally want the peak volume to reach -30db, however on my MacBook Pro even if I play the Sub at maximum volume it doesn't reach -30db! 
And furthermore I noted you said you play a lot of your subs on your iPhone. When I test the volume range on the iPhone again it definitely doesn't reach -30db, so I'm just a little confused here. 

Should I be purchasing a larger stereo speaker so that I can achieve that volume?

Secondly I'm assuming that if you use your iPhone then it must have a speaker frequency range of 20hz - 20Khz? Is this correct? Would I be correct in assuming that internal speakers in my 2019 MacBook Pro would also have this frequency range seeing as it is also an apple product? Ive tried really hard to google and find out if the MacBook Pro does, but I can't seem to find this information anywhere. 

Lastly when I've played the Ultrasonic track on my iPhone X at any volume, whether it be 13/15 or 6/15 I hear nothing. If I play it at maximum 15/15 I hear a very slight ringing but its pretty mild. 
However....When I moved to playing the Ultrasonic on my MacBook Pro even at a middle volume I would hear a pretty substantial constant ringing. But here's the weird thing....I hear it for like 10-15 minutes and then it just disappears for like 5 minutes....and then it comes back again for 10-15 minutes lol. 
I'm just really confused as to why I can really hear it with my MacBook Pro at say 10/16 volume but with my iPhone nothing at all?

Anyways I thought perhaps the MacBook Pro may have better speakers than the iPhone and for now the ringing doesn't bother me so I've done my second day of double loops on my MacBook Pro. I do wonder however if the ringing does become irritating should I move to my iPhone or simply move to the Masked Sub?

Hope I haven't confused you all with all my nonsense hahahahah

Cheers, 
Ali
Hi,

(08-11-2020, 05:37 AM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]I'm slightly confused on the whole advice regarding 'volume' upon which the Sub should be played at. I read on one of the threads that you ideally want the peak volume to reach -30db, however on my MacBook Pro even if I play the Sub at maximum volume it doesn't reach -30db! 
And furthermore I noted you said you play a lot of your subs on your iPhone. When I test the volume range on the iPhone again it definitely doesn't reach -30db, so I'm just a little confused here. 

Should I be purchasing a larger stereo speaker so that I can achieve that volume?
No, there clearly is a misunderstanding about the db. Both your phone and your Mac are undoubtedly able to play the track correctly (but you can test it, see below.)

Quote:Secondly I'm assuming that if you use your iPhone then it must have a speaker frequency range of 20hz - 20Khz? Is this correct? Would I be correct in assuming that internal speakers in my 2019 MacBook Pro would also have this frequency range seeing as it is also an apple product?
Both the iPhone and the MacBook Pro must play ultrasonic perfectly. But if you want to be absolutely sure, download the free speaker test audio from this website and follow the instructions. 

The laptop is the preferred option because you get better speakers and stereo sound. 

Quote:Lastly when I've played the Ultrasonic track on my iPhone X at any volume, whether it be 13/15 or 6/15 I hear nothing. If I play it at maximum 15/15 I hear a very slight ringing but its pretty mild. 
However....When I moved to playing the Ultrasonic on my MacBook Pro even at a middle volume I would hear a pretty substantial constant ringing. But here's the weird thing....I hear it for like 10-15 minutes and then it just disappears for like 5 minutes....and then it comes back again for 10-15 minutes lol. 
I'm just really confused as to why I can really hear it with my MacBook Pro at say 10/16 volume but with my iPhone nothing at all?
You must be young if you can hear ultrasound so well  Smile 
The Mac must have much better and bigger speakers than the iPhone, that might explain why you hear it better. As for the silence, that’s the primary ASRB- there is silence built into the track, i.e. after so many minutes of suggestions there are so many minutes of silence to allow your subconscious to process and store the information.

Quote:Anyways I thought perhaps the MacBook Pro may have better speakers than the iPhone and for now the ringing doesn't bother me so I've done my second day of double loops on my MacBook Pro. I do wonder however if the ringing does become irritating should I move to my iPhone or simply move to the Masked Sub?
Don’t move to the phone for this reason, the laptop is undoubtedly better. If you have trouble with ultrasound, either lower the volume or switch to masked. If you lower the volume, make sure it’s not too low, follow the instructions to calibrate the volume (i.e. set the volume by playing the masked or hybrid track first, it must be loud enough that you can hear the audible part clearly but no so loud that it bothers you.) Masked is less powerful than ultrasonic, sometimes less powerful is useful and necessary but when you start, ultrasonic is the recommended format. Ultrasonic is also much easier to use in every day life: you can listen while watching TV or hearing others sounds and you don’t have to explain to other people what that water sound is  Wink .

I hope this helps!

Cheers
(08-11-2020, 11:05 AM)fab10 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

(08-11-2020, 05:37 AM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]I'm slightly confused on the whole advice regarding 'volume' upon which the Sub should be played at. I read on one of the threads that you ideally want the peak volume to reach -30db, however on my MacBook Pro even if I play the Sub at maximum volume it doesn't reach -30db! 

No, there clearly is a misunderstanding about the db. Both your phone and your Mac are undoubtedly able to play the track correctly (but you can test it, see below.)

Quote:Secondly I'm assuming that if you use your iPhone then it must have a speaker frequency range of 20hz - 20Khz? Is this correct? Would I be correct in assuming that internal speakers in my 2019 MacBook Pro would also have this frequency range seeing as it is also an apple product?
Both the iPhone and the MacBook Pro must play ultrasonic perfectly. But if you want to be absolutely sure, download the free speaker test audio from this website and follow the instructions. 

The laptop is the preferred option because you get better speakers and stereo sound. 

Quote:Lastly when I've played the Ultrasonic track on my iPhone X at any volume, whether it be 13/15 or 6/15 I hear nothing. If I play it at maximum 15/15 I hear a very slight ringing but its pretty mild. 
The Mac must have much better and bigger speakers than the iPhone, that might explain why you hear it better. As for the silence, that’s the primary ASRB- there is silence built into the track, i.e. after so many minutes of suggestions there are so many minutes of silence to allow your subconscious to process and store the information.

Quote:Anyways I thought perhaps the MacBook Pro may have better speakers than the iPhone and for now the ringing doesn't bother me so I've done my second day of double loops on my MacBook Pro. I do wonder however if the ringing does become irritating should I move to my iPhone or simply move to the Masked Sub?
Don’t move to the phone for this reason, the laptop is undoubtedly better. If you have trouble with ultrasound, either lower the volume or switch to masked. If you lower the volume, make sure it’s not too low, follow the instructions to calibrate the volume (i.e. set the volume by playing the masked or hybrid track first, it must be loud enough that you can hear the audible part clearly but no so loud that it bothers you.) Masked is less powerful than ultrasonic, sometimes less powerful is useful and necessary but when you start, ultrasonic is the recommended format. Ultrasonic is also much easier to use in every day life: you can listen while watching TV or hearing others sounds and you don’t have to explain to other people what that water sound is  Wink .

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Thanks so much for all the information Fab definitely very helpful. 

Could you clarify a couple of things for me please?

When you said ''Both the iPhone and the MacBook Pro must play ultrasonic perfectly''...are you suggesting that they both do play the track perfectly or are you suggesting that I somehow need to test both of them to see if they actually play the track perfectly?
If it is the later could you please give me a way of being able to test, perhaps via that audio test website recommendation? I think you forgot to write it haha. 

ps. im 34 lol so not sure if that counts as young! I sure as hell feel young though! hahahaha

Cheers mate!,

Ali
(08-11-2020, 07:03 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope this helps!

Cheers

When you said ''Both the iPhone and the MacBook Pro must play ultrasonic perfectly''...are you suggesting that they both do play the track perfectly or are you suggesting that I somehow need to test both of them to see if they actually play the track perfectly?
If it is the later could you please give me a way of being able to test, perhaps via that audio test website recommendation? I think you forgot to write it haha. 

ps. im 34 lol so not sure if that counts as young! I sure as hell feel young though! hahahaha

Cheers mate!,

Ali

Sure! I am actually positive that they both do, but it would be interesting that you run the test with your superhuman hearing  Tongue

Use the Mac when you can because the speakers are better and stereo sound is more effective. If you need to move around though, strategically placing the iPhone in an open pocket or holding it in your hand is an excellent option. Nobody but you will hear the ultrasound lol, unless they are teen agers or early 20s.

When I wrote ‘this site’ I meant ‘this very site’, Indigo Mind Labs. Here’s the link:
http://www.subliminal-shop.com/product/speaker-test/

I believe that hearing ultrasound so well at age 34 is not common at all, you now know that you have a superpower  Lol
(08-11-2020, 07:14 PM)fab10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2020, 07:03 PM)Ali Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Cheers mate!,

Ali

Sure! I am actually positive that they both do, but it would be interesting that you run the test with your superhuman hearing  Tongue

Use the Mac when you can because the speakers are better and stereo sound is more effective. If you need to move around though, strategically placing the iPhone in an open pocket or holding it in your hand is an excellent option. Nobody but you will hear the ultrasound lol, unless they are teen agers or early 20s.

When I wrote ‘this site’ I meant ‘this very site’, Indigo Mind Labs. Here’s the link:
http://www.subliminal-shop.com/product/speaker-test/

I believe that hearing ultrasound so well at age 34 is not common at all, you now know that you have a superpower  Lol

Hahahahah amazing mate! Thanks again for the awesome advice and clarification! I will definitely look to test both of them out and see what works. 

ps im glad that ive got a superpower!   Yeye

cheers,
Ali