Subliminal Talk

Full Version: OED - Giving it a Try Finally...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
Trying out the OED. I'm 64 yo and in good health. Not taking any pharmaceuticals besides what my TRT doctor prescribes for hormone management. I had a couple major hormonal crashes nearly 20 years ago now while experimenting with veganism. The main culprit was the soy, which apparently can destroy your male hormone production as well as mess with your thyroid (I had both problems).

As I deduce from the instructions you try to listen to this one as much as you can throughout the day while avoiding exposing others.

Am I right?

How long before I should see results?

Thanks!
(07-30-2020, 03:04 PM)rono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,
Trying out the OED. I'm 64 yo and in good health. Not taking any pharmaceuticals besides what my TRT doctor prescribes for hormone management. I had a couple major hormonal crashes nearly 20 years ago now while experimenting with veganism. The main culprit was the soy, which apparently can destroy your male hormone production as well as mess with your thyroid (I had both problems).

As I deduce from the instructions you try to listen to this one as much as you can throughout the day while avoiding exposing others.

Am I right?

Thanks!

Didn't I just answer you in the Appetite Suppressant thread, telling you how to do that and make it work?  You can't do both.  

If you decide to switch to this one, or I am mistaken and you're not using something else at once, then...

It's 5G.  You can use it up to about 21 hours a day, and I suggest a minimum of 8-12.  It's best to avoid exposing women, if possible.  As for how long it takes to work, that depends on how much you use it, what format you use, the volume you use, your age and specifically what your specific challenges in this direction are caused by.  Unfortunately that means I can't give you a specific answer, since the variables make for a wide range of possibilities.
(07-30-2020, 06:21 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2020, 03:04 PM)rono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Am I right?

Thanks!

Didn't I just answer you in the Appetite Suppressant thread, telling you how to do that and make it work?  You can't do both.  

If you decide to switch to this one, or I am mistaken and you're not using something else at once, then...

It's 5G.  You can use it up to about 21 hours a day, and I suggest a minimum of 8-12.  It's best to avoid exposing women, if possible.  As for how long it takes to work, that depends on how much you use it, what format you use, the volume you use, your age and specifically what your specific challenges in this direction are caused by.  Unfortunately that means I can't give you a specific answer, since the variables make for a wide range of possibilities.

Hi Shannon,
Yeah, I thought I'd be able to play the Appetite Suppressant for my wife on her side of the room at a low volume and it wouldn't affect me but would affect her based on the fact that in other places you say that sometimes the low volume actually works best for people that have high resistance. While I did this for her at night I was going to listen to the OED in my office.

But over time it became clear that I'm being affected by the Appetite Suppressant even at low volumes. Since you wrote me, I upped the volume for her, put it on her side of the room again.

I *thought* that since I don't care if the App Suppressant works on me, I thought I'd try using the OED while I was alone in my office during the day, particularly during the 7day ASRB period. 

I'm gathering that this is a bad idea since I can't help being affected by the AS, and now that we've determined she probably doesn't need a 7 day ASRB, I have stopped trying to do this fanciness and I'll have to wait to work on my goals till she's gotten to hers.
The way my subs are designed, even low volumes will tend to be detected anywhere in a typical room. So you would effectively be trying to play two subs at once, and that would not work so well.

Good idea to wait. Smile
Hi All,

So we're on our 4th cycle now. I reduced the ASRB2 period for my wife to 3 days (except this last one I extended to 4 just to change what days it was playing for ease of use since 4+3 = 7 the days weren't going to vary).

I've continued to drop some weight. Not as rapidly now, I assume that means I'm approaching my ideal, which makes sense, since I was content with my weight where it was and now at least 2-3 lbs lighter average, I wouldn't want to lose more than another pound or two, max. I have noticed my physique changing in a (in my opinion) not favorable way, i.e. waist staying more or less the same (though it dropped a half inch or so) while everything else, chest, arms, etc. have also dropped some. I'm quite lean in arms and chest, so this tends to mean I lost some muscle mass (at least in my way of figuring). And who doesn't want to lose belly fat? Even a little makes you look better, if other things stay the same. I've just kind of shrunk in all dimensions...

I'm a clear success, then for the Appetite Suppressant...

Now my wife (for whom I purchased the sub) is having a different experience. Her weight, after about a month is only dropped maybe a pound or two, average. Her attitude is still good, it's enough for her to feel that it might be having an effect, though the trend had already begun downward before actually listening to the sub (TID?).

I'm wondering if breaking the rules a little might give her a little push? Like spinning a loop during the day while she's at her desk? Running 6 loops rather than 5, etc.? Shortening the ASRB2 definitely seems to have improved things noticeably.

She can be difficult to influence via suggestion. In some ways she responds quickly to suggestions on other things she is downright rigid (I've worked with her in hypnosis, that's how I have discovered this-- some hypnotic suggestions simply don't take, while others work right out of the box).

Thoughts, Shannon?

-----------------

Might as well add to this post-- I had just 'viewed' but forgotten to 'Post'

This am I had a new low, my wife's weight on the other hand had rebounded a bit (back up). I thought it had slowed down for me. I suppose, I may be eating a little less than when I was heavier, but not really noticing it. I have noticed I feel a good bit more 'flexible' when it comes to eating. Like when my wife says, "do you want this big piece or this one that's a little smaller..." I say, "surprise me" or "whichever". So maybe that is partially at least the effect of the sub. Now that I think of it, we had a birthday party for my son-in-law on Sunday at my house. He brought lots of good quality beer and pizza from a local brew-pub (now takeout only). I had two pieces of pizza and stopped, not cause I tried, nor because I was full. Then a little later I went back to try a third kind of pizza (he brought 5 kinds all sounded yummy to me) and took only a half piece. That was my main meal on Sunday. So maybe I'm easily influenced on the amounts that I eat. That is how I normally lose weight when I feel I've gotten too high. I just eat 80% of whatever I would normally eat. But that is conscious. This was completely unconscious. Should I chalk that up to the sub?
Yes soy is indeed bad. GMO crap.
(08-18-2020, 07:43 AM)reki Wrote: [ -> ]Yes soy is indeed bad. GMO crap.

While soy is indeed undesirable for men (due to phytoestrogens), there is no evidence that GMO is "crap."

Cornell Alliance for Science
(08-18-2020, 07:26 AM)rono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

So we're on our 4th cycle now. I reduced the ASRB2 period for my wife to 3 days (except this last one I extended to 4 just to change what days it was playing for ease of use since 4+3 = 7 the days weren't going to vary).

I've continued to drop some weight. Not as rapidly now, I assume that means I'm approaching my ideal, which makes sense, since I was content with my weight where it was and now at least 2-3 lbs lighter average, I wouldn't want to lose more than another pound or two, max. I have noticed my physique changing in a (in my opinion) not favorable way, i.e. waist staying more or less the same (though it dropped a half inch or so) while everything else, chest, arms, etc. have also dropped some. I'm quite lean in arms and chest, so this tends to mean I lost some muscle mass (at least in my way of figuring). And who doesn't want to lose belly fat? Even a little makes you look better, if other things stay the same. I've just kind of shrunk in all dimensions...

I'm a clear success, then for the Appetite Suppressant...

Now my wife (for whom I purchased the sub) is having a different experience. Her weight, after about a month is only dropped maybe a pound or two, average. Her attitude is still good, it's enough for her to feel that it might be having an effect, though the trend had already begun downward before actually listening to the sub (TID?).

I'm wondering if breaking the rules a little might give her a little push? Like spinning a loop during the day while she's at her desk? Running 6 loops rather than 5, etc.? Shortening the ASRB2 definitely seems to have improved things noticeably.

She can be difficult to influence via suggestion. In some ways she responds quickly to suggestions on other things she is downright rigid (I've worked with her in hypnosis, that's how I have discovered this-- some hypnotic suggestions simply don't take, while others work right out of the box).

Thoughts, Shannon?

-----------------

Might as well add to this post-- I had just 'viewed' but forgotten to 'Post'

This am I had a new low, my wife's weight on the other hand had rebounded a bit (back up). I thought it had slowed down for me. I suppose, I may be eating a little less than when I was heavier, but not really noticing it. I have noticed I feel a good bit more 'flexible' when it comes to eating. Like when my wife says, "do you want this big piece or this one that's a little smaller..." I say, "surprise me" or "whichever". So maybe that is partially at least the effect of the sub. Now that I think of it, we had a birthday party for my son-in-law on Sunday at my house. He brought lots of good quality beer and pizza from a local brew-pub (now takeout only). I had two pieces of pizza and stopped, not cause I tried, nor because I was full. Then a little later I went back to try a third kind of pizza (he brought 5 kinds all sounded yummy to me) and took only a half piece. That was my main meal on Sunday. So maybe I'm easily influenced on the amounts that I eat. That is how I normally lose weight when I feel I've gotten too high. I just eat 80% of whatever I would normally eat. But that is conscious. This was completely unconscious. Should I chalk that up to the sub?

Did I answer this in another thread?  Seems like I did, but I'll answer here anyway.

Appetite Suppressant won't be causing muscle loss.  If you're losing weight, it will be fat loss.

I believe I remember we discussed adjusting the usage patterns in that other thread.  You'll probably want to increase listening time and/or decrease time off.  One variable at a time, one step at a time.

And based on how the program works, you would probably chalk it up to the sub, yes.