Subliminal Talk

Full Version: How has FRM worked for you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As tends to happen , i was running a sub the results had become unnoticeable and I decided to give it a month break. In the mean time i thought i would pick up USLM 4.1 which i hadn't tried yet, even though i'd bought it a while back. 

I whacked it on and over the next couple of weeks started falling into a heavy depression, feeling deeply insecure about my life and how people saw me, my performance in various areas etc. then something occured to me - 'who gives a fuck?, you're going to die sooner or later and none of this will matter, just live your damn life'. 

I began to chill a lot then, taking things easy and accepting better the things I have no control over. I figured this was FRM coming into play which is interesting because my experience on everything post FRM has been sketchy at best - i saw a marked change from USLM pre and post FRM with the FRM versions simply not doing it for me, even making things worse. 

It's early days with USLM 4.1 and I will probably go back to MLS in a month but I was wondering if anyone else noticed an impact in their 'execution' or the efficacy of subliminals pre and post FRM.
What you're experiencing is basically your subconscious attempting to execute FRM, then being met with hopelessness because the fearful parts are convinced you will literally die if you execute, and being unwilling to execute. Then the fear at the subconscious level overriding the FRM and then you disconnecting so you don't have to overcome those fears.

I have had a lot of great changes in my life because of FRM, different ways from different versions of it. Remember, FRM is not just a blob, it has different versions for very good reason. V4.8 is a lot better than 4.7 is a lot better than 4.6 is a lot better than... and so on. I believe the version in USLM v3/5.5G (Latest) is FRM 4.5 or 4.6.

I have also seen FRM have a dramatically positive effect on my girlfriend's life as well. She has a lot of fear from having a father who constantly reinforced things that frightened her. It does amazing things for her.

USLM 4.x is known to have issues with achieving the level of success that 3.0 did. Basically, the optimizations are too high strung. I will need to go back and adjust them for USLM 4.2. If you want to use USLM, why not go back and use 3.0? Or switch to a different program for the time being.

FRM is not finished yet. I have spent months and months trying to figure out how to advance it from 4.8. If you saw the script, you would swear there is no way no how any fear was getting through it. And yet... here we are. So it still needs work, and the next version is in the works, but it is like pulling teeth finding ways to adjust and improve it. The ideas I have had are either almost impossible to script or incredibly complex and slow to create.

Please specify which version of FRM you are talking about, if possible. I know it's not listed in USLM 4.1's description.
(03-12-2020, 09:46 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]What you're experiencing is basically your subconscious attempting to execute FRM, then being met with hopelessness because the fearful parts are convinced you will literally die if you execute, and being unwilling to execute.  Then the fear at the subconscious level overriding the FRM and then you disconnecting so you don't have to overcome those fears.

I have had a lot of great changes in my life because of FRM, different ways from different versions of it.  Remember, FRM is not just a blob, it has different versions for very good reason.  V4.8 is a lot better than 4.7 is a lot better than 4.6 is a lot better than... and so on.  I believe the version in USLM v3/5.5G (Latest) is FRM 4.5 or 4.6.  

I have also seen FRM have a dramatically positive effect on my girlfriend's life as well.  She has a lot of fear from having a father who constantly reinforced things that frightened her.  It does amazing things for her.

USLM 4.x is known to have issues with achieving the level of success that 3.0 did.  Basically, the optimizations are too high strung.  I will need to go back and adjust them for USLM 4.2.  If you want to use USLM, why not go back and use 3.0?  Or switch to a different program for the time being.

FRM is not finished yet.  I have spent months and months trying to figure out how to advance it from 4.8.  If you saw the script, you would swear there is no way no how any fear was getting through it.  And yet... here we are.  So it still needs work, and the next version is in the works, but it is like pulling teeth finding ways to adjust and improve it.  The ideas I have had are either almost impossible to script or incredibly complex and slow to create.

Please specify which version of FRM you are talking about, if possible.  I know it's not listed in USLM 4.1's description.

Thanks Shannon, I'm using 4.1 but not sure whit FRM is in it. to be honest i've had some luck on USLM - really timely luck, i'm almost loath to give it up in these times of uncertainty when we could all do with a little luck.  at the same time i'm hopelessly unfocussed which makes things hard. 

I got accepted onto this elite scheme within my organisation, my partner got offered a car for free (though we declined the offer since it was really old and probably would cost more in running in the first year than it was worth); and a bunch of small things.  

My experience with FRM and what it triggers is the difficulty around fear being so intrinsicly linked to survival, and also as a real motivator for action. It's also a primary mode for the survival of the ego - what is the ego if there is no fear? the job FRM is undertaking is pretty massive, i know from what its exposing that there are so many stories around fear, many layered and so seemingly logical - but then i have these moments of fearlessness and everything becomes an open plane of possibility. 

I could go and try uslm 3. I'll have a think on it.
I believe that the idea that we need fear to survive is a fear based belief, and therefore wrong. It might have been true back before we had a neocortex, when everything was running on instinct, but now we have the neocortex and we can reason out that "if I step off that scaffolding 20 stories up, I will die" before doing it by using that neocortex. The idea that "what is the ego without fear" is a limiting belief based on never having experienced a real freedom from fear before. If all you have ever known is fear, that's what your brain's neural pathways will be primed for, and you may not be able to even imagine something else.

Fear is indeed tied to survival. It's a lizard brain response that in many cases, doesn't work anymore in our current world. The lizard brain doesn't understand that. It's awareness extends to eat, sleep, fuck, run. That's it. Unfortunately, it is in many cases more in control than the neocortex, because it operates largely without notice by the neocortex, which then does nothing to affect what it's doing. We are changing that, and figuring out how to do that is no simple task.
I just have to hold my hands up and say i don't experientially get you. 

What you say is perfectly logical and intellectually acceptable but it's just out of my frame of reference.  I'll offer my reasoning, however flawed for the sake of possible usefulness in FRM development.

Your 20 storey death scenario for example doesn't work for me. Sure i can reason why i would not jump, but that reasoning would be so intertwined into a host of emotions, one of which is fear. The emotions are what give weight to the reasoning otherwise reason is for me an insufficient motive force to make me do or not do things. The rational part of my brain isn't as powerful or fast and doesn't command my body in the same way. 

Fear is a lizard brain response, sure. But what of it's part in the mammalian brain where guilt, shame, even anger to some degree are more sophisticated derivatives of fear. And if it were to be taken out of the equation; is fear not simply another side of the coin to positive emotions - love for example; does one exist without the other?

Finally my experiences of what I would describe as peak fearlessness were also times of boundlessness, where things had no definition and there were no distinctions and no particular reason to do much of anything; there was a kind of universal love.  I simply decided at those points that i couldn't stay in those mental spaces, again because what would i do?, just let the world unfold?. 

If it is true as i have said and felt before that fear is a lie (though these were in times when i experienced the lifting of fear in a specific context, not universally) then clearly these are all limiting beliefs which are entrenched. To spell them out i guess they would be.

1. Fear is a core motivator, like other emotions, why would I do things without it?
2. Fear is like all other emotions, if i don't need fear, why have any emotion at all? 
3. Fear, like my other feelings, are a part of my identity - without fear i may as well just shut down my identity
4. being without fear would make the world lose definition and distinction which would leave me without direction. 

Anyway I'm in for the long haul, so ready to keep trying new FRM iterations as and when they pop out.
Quote:1. Fear is a core motivator, like other emotions, why would I do things without it?

Fear is a core motivator.  But it is an unnecessary one, and a negative one that does more harm than good.  You would do things without it because there are better ways.

Quote:2. Fear is like all other emotions, if i don't need fear, why have any emotion at all? 

Fear is one emotion out of a palette of possible emotional states.  Extending your argument to "if i don't need fear, why have any emotion at all?" is a non-sequitur and is illogical.  By the same logic, we arrive at the following statements:
  • If you don't need the Joker card in the deck for playing a game, why have any cards at all?  
  • If I don't need yellow, why have any color at all?
  • If I don't eat fish, why have any seafood at all?
  • If I don't need .22 Long Rifle Ammunition, why have any ammunition at all?
  • If I don't need volume 23 of the encyclopedia, why have any of the other volumes at all?
As you can see, this logic is faulty to the point of ridiculous.  You can still play a game without the joker card if it doesn't require the joker card, but only if you have the other cards.  You can still paint in color without yellow and make paintings that make sense and work.  You can still have snow crab even if you don't have fish.  Your gun may not take .22 LR ammunition; maybe it needs .40 caliber instead.  And you may need the information contained in Volume 18 of the encyclopedia right now, but other volumes will become useful later on.

Quote:3. Fear, like my other feelings, are a part of my identity - without fear i may as well just shut down my identity

Once again, an irrational argument.  Fear may be part of your identity, but your identity can and does change over time.  And, the only reason fear is a part of your identity is because it is what you have known in the past.  To say you may as well just shut down your identity is to say that because you have never experienced change in this direction, it cannot be done, now or ever.  The fact is, you can change, your identity can change, and you can exist and have a perfectly valid identity without fear.  This argument is based on a fear of having no fear!

Quote:4. being without fear would make the world lose definition and distinction which would leave me without direction. 

This is just ridiculous, and very obviously a fear based cop out.  If ever since you can remember you had a shackle around your left ankle that was connected to a chain with a 50 pound steel ball at the end, would the world lose definition and leave you without direction if that chain were to break, or the shackle was unlocked?  Quite the reverse, in fact.  Fear is not just a liar, it is an imprisonment.  Freedom from prison never made any inmate ever feel like life lost its definition and left them without direction.  So why would that be true for you?  

You are again afraid of not having the limitations fear gives you.  In other words, you have this self imposed prison because you want the limitations, and they make you feel safe.  The reality is, being limited by fear does not make you any safer.  That feeling is an illusion, just as is the danger you fear in almost all cases.  Being without that self imposed prison of fear makes you free.  You can do whatever you want.  But not knowing what to do with that freedom frequently triggers more fear.  

This is why fear is so difficult to kill: it is self referencing.  It is self supporting.  It is self regenerating.  It is irrational, illogical and deceptive in the extreme.  And the parts of you that generate fear cannot comprehend logic.  

You can live without fear.  You can live more safely and happily without fear.  All we need to do is figure out why the current script is not achieving its goals and then make the adjustments.  I'm working on that.  But any argument for your fears and keeping them and why they're good is by nature going to be irrational and illogical, because fear is unnecessary, negative and does more harm than good.

Without fear, how much better would your life be because of your freedom to do whatever achieved the best outcome?
(03-18-2020, 11:44 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:1. Fear is a core motivator, like other emotions, why would I do things without it?

Fear is a core motivator.  But it is an unnecessary one, and a negative one that does more harm than good.  You would do things without it because there are better ways.

Quote:2. Fear is like all other emotions, if i don't need fear, why have any emotion at all? 

Fear is one emotion out of a palette of possible emotional states.  Extending your argument to "if i don't need fear, why have any emotion at all?" is a non-sequitur and is illogical.  By the same logic, we arrive at the following statements:
  • If you don't need the Joker card in the deck for playing a game, why have any cards at all?  
  • If I don't need volume 23 of the encyclopedia, why have any of the other volumes at all?
As you can see, this logic is faulty to the point of ridiculous.  You can still play a game without the joker card if it doesn't require the joker card, but only if you have the other cards.  You can still paint in color without yellow and make paintings that make sense and work.  You can still have snow crab even if you don't have fish.  Your gun may not take .22 LR ammunition; maybe it needs .40 caliber instead.  And you may need the information contained in Volume 18 of the encyclopedia right now, but other volumes will become useful later on.

Quote:3. Fear, like my other feelings, are a part of my identity - without fear i may as well just shut down my identity

Once again, an irrational argument.  Fear may be part of your identity, but your identity can and does change over time.  And, the only reason fear is a part of your identity is because it is what you have known in the past.  To say you may as well just shut down your identity is to say that because you have never experienced change in this direction, it cannot be done, now or ever.  The fact is, you can change, your identity can change, and you can exist and have a perfectly valid identity without fear.  This argument is based on a fear of having no fear!

Quote:4. being without fear would make the world lose definition and distinction which would leave me without direction. 

This is just ridiculous, and very obviously a fear based cop out.  If ever since you can remember you had a shackle around your left ankle that was connected to a chain with a 50 pound steel ball at the end, would the world lose definition and leave you without direction if that chain were to break, or the shackle was unlocked?  Quite the reverse, in fact.  Fear is not just a liar, it is an imprisonment.  Freedom from prison never made any inmate ever feel like life lost its definition and left them without direction.  So why would that be true for you?  

You are again afraid of not having the limitations fear gives you.  In other words, you have this self imposed prison because you want the limitations, and they make you feel safe.  The reality is, being limited by fear does not make you any safer.  That feeling is an illusion, just as is the danger you fear in almost all cases.  Being without that self imposed prison of fear makes you free.  You can do whatever you want.  But not knowing what to do with that freedom frequently triggers more fear.  

This is why fear is so difficult to kill: it is self referencing.  It is self supporting.  It is self regenerating.  It is irrational, illogical and deceptive in the extreme.  And the parts of you that generate fear cannot comprehend logic.  

You can live without fear.  You can live more safely and happily without fear.  All we need to do is figure out why the current script is not achieving its goals and then make the adjustments.  I'm working on that.  But any argument for your fears and keeping them and why they're good is by nature going to be irrational and illogical, because fear is unnecessary, negative and does more harm than good.

Without fear, how much better would your life be because of your freedom to do whatever achieved the best outcome?

Hello Shannon,

I've been doing a meditation towards fear (and anxiety) for about 2 years now along with your LTU v.5 subliminal. 

When i started out, I was held in shackles with fear, it was constant - i could simply not relax, it was as I was on a ice floe, not able to distinguish what was coming next, but just barely holding on to life and hoping that I wouldn't die any second (even if i knew logically that this wasn't going to happen, i just couldn't feel that that was true). 

But today I'm in a whole different place. I can more feel the stability of life and the world around me, the physical stability of existing (this is really something most people can take for granted for most time of their lives, so for some it don't really make sense that you haven't been able to feel that). Anyhow, i think that having to suffer through such a long period without the presence of stability, I have learned a bit about what fear really is:

For me, fear is the lack of contact with world around you, caused by a lack of contact with yourself, primary your physical body. Because when you are in contact with your body you know that everything will be fine as it is, because it already is fine (if you are not currently experiencing some trauma in the present moment). And feeling this security, you have something to assume from when meeting your fears - but if you don't have that stability to start from, meeting your fears is a much more daunting task. 

I read an interesting book about that the body remembers your trauma, and this have been so true for me. I have had to work a lot with my body to get in contact with those tensions that caused the constant feeling of fear (which is often stored in our legs and in the one muscle that connect our lower body from our upper body called the psoas muscle). 

What I want to want to say with this is that I think that it's necessary to work with the body-mind connection when trying to overcome fear by subliminals - the fear is stored in the body and need to be released in some sort of way physically to be overcome, and then you have a stable ground to work on your fears - but before that is done it will be very hard because the individual don't have a stable ground to return to and being relaxed enough to develop themselves in regards of challenging their fears.

Thanks for your dedication to helping people.
(03-19-2020, 05:58 AM)Zubrowka Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Shannon,

I've been doing a meditation towards fear (and anxiety) for about 2 years now along with your LTU v.5 subliminal. 

When i started out, I was held in shackles with fear, it was constant - i could simply not relax, it was as I was on a ice floe, not able to distinguish what was coming next, but just barely holding on to life and hoping that I wouldn't die any second (even if i knew logically that this wasn't going to happen, i just couldn't feel that that was true). 

But today I'm in a whole different place. I can more feel the stability of life and the world around me, the physical stability of existing (this is really something most people can take for granted for most time of their lives, so for some it don't really make sense that you haven't been able to feel that). Anyhow, i think that having to suffer through such a long period without the presence of stability, I have learned a bit about what fear really is:

For me, fear is the lack of contact with world around you, caused by a lack of contact with yourself, primary your physical body. Because when you are in contact with your body you know that everything will be fine as it is, because it already is fine (if you are not currently experiencing some trauma in the present moment). And feeling this security, you have something to assume from when meeting your fears - but if you don't have that stability to start from, meeting your fears is a much more daunting task. 

I read an interesting book about that the body remembers your trauma, and this have been so true for me. I have had to work a lot with my body to get in contact with those tensions that caused the constant feeling of fear (which is often stored in our legs and in the one muscle that connect our lower body from our upper body called the psoas muscle). 

What I want to want to say with this is that I think that it's necessary to work with the body-mind connection when trying to overcome fear by subliminals - the fear is stored in the body and need to be released in some sort of way physically to be overcome, and then you have a stable ground to work on your fears - but before that is done it will be very hard because the individual don't have a stable ground to return to and being relaxed enough to develop themselves in regards of challenging their fears.

I appreciate the input, but there are two things I'd like to point out.

Fear goes deeper than you realize, and it's different for each person based on their particular personality and modality focus.  When I say modality focus, what I mean is, some people are focused on the physical, some focus through the emotions, some focus through their mind and some focus through action.  But it's not that simple, either, because everyone has most or all of these focal points but to different degrees and ratios.  Furthermore, fear goes below just connecting to your body, if you focus through the physical, for example.  

Second, what you suggest with the body/mind connection has already been done.   Each step I take makes the program better, but every time it somehow misses the bullseye.  If you saw this script for the FRM, as I have said before, you would be willing to bet money that there was no way, no how, that any fear was getting through that!

I think I have found the key, but figuring out how to implement it has been a long time coming, and now I have the task of finishing the program I am building and then working on it.

I will be building, today, a program that I think a lot of people will be interested in.  Then I'm going to add FRM to my round robin.
(03-19-2020, 09:14 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2020, 05:58 AM)Zubrowka Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Shannon,

I appreciate the input, but there are two things I'd like to point out.

Fear goes deeper than you realize, and it's different for each person based on their particular personality and modality focus.  When I say modality focus, what I mean is, some people are focused on the physical, some focus through the emotions, some focus through their mind and some focus through action.  But it's not that simple, either, because everyone has most or all of these focal points but to different degrees and ratios.  Furthermore, fear goes below just connecting to your body, if you focus through the physical, for example.  

Second, what you suggest with the body/mind connection has already been done.   Each step I take makes the program better, but every time it somehow misses the bullseye.  If you saw this script for the FRM, as I have said before, you would be willing to bet money that there was no way, no how, that any fear was getting through that!

I think I have found the key, but figuring out how to implement it has been a long time coming, and now I have the task of finishing the program I am building and then working on it.

I will be building, today, a program that I think a lot of people will be interested in.  Then I'm going to add FRM to my round robin.

@Shannon
Is this MIR or a mystery surprise program?
(03-18-2020, 11:44 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]

Again, intellectually I haven't any problem with what you're saying. It's not hard to see those limiting beliefs don't stand up to intellectual scrutiny.  I think that yes I can live more happily without fear - safe i'm not so sure. 

Still, I've accepted the premise that fear is counterproductive, and worth losing, in fact I've even said that fears tend to generate exactly what they're supposed to help you avoid which is pretty insane to reflect on.  I can literally see that I have a fear, and the actions driven by that fear create exactly the result to be avoided; some forms of procrastination are a great example of this.

Worth noting as an aside - none of this is a definitive proof of that premise. 

The point is, those beliefs hold in physical sensations and are hard to shake - they go deeper than logic for me as you seem to have know with your reference toward modalities of focus (really interesting by the way, do you have any material on this you could point me toward on this?).

In any case, i'm up for the next iteration of FRM.
Quote:Again, intellectually I haven't any problem with what you're saying. It's not hard to see those limiting beliefs don't stand up to intellectual scrutiny.  I think that yes I can live more happily without fear - safe i'm not so sure.

Still, I've accepted the premise that fear is counterproductive, and worth losing, in fact I've even said that fears tend to generate exactly what they're supposed to help you avoid which is pretty insane to reflect on.  I can literally see that I have a fear, and the actions driven by that fear create exactly the result to be avoided; some forms of procrastination are a great example of this.

Worth noting as an aside - none of this is a definitive proof of that premise.

The point is, those beliefs hold in physical sensations and are hard to shake - they go deeper than logic for me as you seem to have know with your reference toward modalities of focus (really interesting by the way, do you have any material on this you could point me toward on this?).

In any case, i'm up for the next iteration of FRM.

Fear is an emotion, and emotions are mutually exclusive to logic and reasoning.  If they were logical, they would be easy to deal with from a logical perspective, and they would not tend to result in what they are focused on "protecting you from".

Since they do tend to result in what they are "trying to protect you from", they obviously aren't always keeping you safe.  Who is safer?  The tightrope walker who fears falling - and thus causes herself to fall, or the tightrope walker who is fearless, and allows herself to focus on maintaining her balance?

As for modalities of focus, you can learn more about those by studying natal astrology and how it interfaces with the psychology of the personality.  An endlessly fascinating study, not just for how revealing it is, but for how well it works.  Of this, however, we cannot speak further in this section of the forum.
Hey Shannon,

I'm not sure if it is helpful, but in my opinion, it should not matter too much if we have fear. Well, the fear should of course not get too big. But every fear can be easily overcome if the motivation or the faith is big enough. I don't want to get into Rule 4 stuff, but people can do incredible things just because they have faith or they believe in something.
If I look at it with NLP and the Dilts Pyramid it would be a level 7 resource to be used for the problem. Of course it is not always necessary but if you build something within the FRM that makes you "trust that everything is going to be alright" or something like that, then the fear level should automatically go down. Maybe you already did that in some kind of way.

I mean like, if you know deep inside of you that you will achieve your goal and you don't just know it, but you feel it, then the obstacles on the way don't matter anymore.
(03-20-2020, 04:13 AM)AriGold Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shannon,

I'm not sure if it is helpful, but in my opinion, it should not matter too much if we have fear. Well, the fear should of course not get too big. But every fear can be easily overcome if the motivation or the faith is big enough. I don't want to get into Rule 4 stuff, but people can do incredible things just because they have faith or they believe in something.
If I look at it with NLP and the Dilts Pyramid it would be a level 7 resource to be used for the problem. Of course it is not always necessary but if you build something within the FRM that makes you "trust that everything is going to be alright" or something like that, then the fear level should automatically go down. Maybe you already did that in some kind of way.

I mean like, if you know deep inside of you that you will achieve your goal and you don't just know it, but you feel it, then the obstacles on the way don't matter anymore.

The problem with fear is that, depending on the personality, that may have little to no actual effect.  I tried that.  The issue is that when the dominant personality trait(s) are prone to fear they override the parts trying to have faith, even if you can get across to "trust everything is going to be alright".  The parts trusting will still be overridden by the fearful parts, because the fear is self referencing and self regenerating and self compounding.  

The fearful part will apparently always seek to imagine "what if" in the most negative possible way, which triggers... more fear.  So while this works in some cases, it does not work well, or at all, when the dominant personality trait(s) are prone to fear.
Pages: 1 2