Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Life organizer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be possible to make a sub that focuses on the more practical aspects of getting your life together.  I’m talking something like what LTU does for mental and emotional health, but focused on the outer life skills.  It should hit clutter clearing, time management, prioritization, concentration, breaking down what you have to do into manageable pieces, killing procrastination, ignoring distractions, keeping track of what you have to do, and probably a lot more stuff.  
This would be gold for me, I’ve had issues with organization all my life.
That sounds like what USLM does, Paul. Maybe UMS is showing you these weak areas presently since UMS has USLM. Maybe it's taking a snapshot for your awareness so you'll dive into resolving these things, one by one. I'd say you admitting it here could be evidence of that.

I've been seeing clearly in my own life that fear keeps me unorganized (since failure always seemed safer), inefficient (so I'd think I was failing someone), and distracted (so it'd look like I was confused, when I was actually very fearful and trying to avoid it).

Something I used to hear from Mat422 was that fear wears many masks, many charades. It'll pose as one thing, I'll face another challenge, and fear would morph to fill its new role in the challenge as the covert saboteur. It was always hidden well.

And when I first heard this, I thought it intellectual fluff. As I paid attention, I began to see that fear was very adaptable. It shifts shape and function constantly. And I don't notice it constantly since such thoughts and feelings have been "normal" for me.

And me writing this out made me think, as hiding and lying (all evidence of fear) have still been trying to adapt into my life. Thank you for making the suggestion, as I'm considering what's happening in my life presently.
USLM May do some of that if that’s what needed to achieve whatever goal you’re aiming at, but I’m thinking of something that’s focused more on developing general organizational skills and habits. Kind of like LTU focuses on general mental health, this would focus on the life skills that it would take to get the concrete aspects of your life squared away and flowing smoothly so you can succeed at anything you want to. I would think that this would be a good next step after LTU has taken care of internal stuff.