Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Ale's UMS Journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Let's start this baby!

First, some background on my current situation:

I'm a 36 year old guy from Argentina. In case you don't know, the economy here kinda sucks. We have a lot of inflation and our currency is not worth much (1 US dollar = 60 Argentina pesos).
With that said, I have a pretty stable job in a worldwide company. Been there for 9 and a half years, and since a few years I've been feeling like I don't want to do this until I retire from old age.

So I started investing (cryptocurrencies) and styuding forex markets and testing strategies to trade as well. My goal is to be able to gain enough money to retire from my work and start being my own boss. Ideally I'd like to start a real estate company, building property on the beach to rent on the summer, and maybe hotels too.
And of course, once I am my own boss and can manage my own time, I want to enjoiy it however I see it fit instead of having only 3 weeks of vacation per year.

Regarding my personal life, I'm single by choice. My last relationship was a disaster and I ended up with a lot of emotional scars, so once I recovered from them (took years) I decided I wanted to focus on me and started this path I'm in now. So I've been without a girlfriend for the last 5 years and to be honest I feel at peace and happy.
Another thing I should mention is that  I have my mom depending and living with me, not financially but she's alone and in her 70's, so we take care of her with my brother (he lives with his girlfriend next door from my house).

Now, about UMS usage:

I started with UMS a couple of weeks ago. First I started with one loop a night with no days off but it didn't feel right. Then 2 loops a night, but still not what I was looking for.
Now I'm doing 5 loops 4 days a week, and then 3 days off and I really started to feel changes, more good than bad. But that's going to be the topic of my next message Wink
Good feelings:

Since I started with the 5x4 and 3 days off, I've been feeling more relaxed and aware of what's happening around me. I also have more energy, which is odd because my sleep kinda changed (refer to the "Bad feelings" part for more info)

Good thing is I found a trading system, which I backtested and now I'm testing on a demo account with virtual cash. I call this a good feeling because I spent a lot of time trying to find a system that convinced me, and now after a couple of weeks into UMS and voilá, here it is. Of course I need to keep testing before actually using real money, but so far so good.  

Another thing is I keep getting these... findings or proposals... without even looking for them. Just to give an example, I follow a forex channel on youtube and suddenly the guy uploads a video discussing how there are companies that gives you money for you to trade (after they test your skills for a period of time, of course) and pay you a percentage of the gains you make. I had absolutely no idea such a thing existed, but now I do and I'll keep that in mind for when I feel ready.

Last one, I feel overall more confident and people notice it too. I feel people respect me more, agree with most of things I say, and I also feel girls are approaching more... not in a blunt sexual way, but I feel them closer to me in general. All these things weren't happening before.

Oh, and speaking of girls... there's one girl that joined the company about 2 months ago. She is a close friend of the only coworker I consider as a friend too (also a girl). Anyway, I thought this new girl was cute but I didn't give it too much importance... until now.
And I say until now because lately I've been feeling really drawn to her, and I can't understand why. And coincidentally or not, our common friend started talking to me about her. Very subtle, but noticeable.
And all of this happened after I started with UMS so maybe that has something to do with it. Before I didn't feel like this at all and our friend never mentioned her either.

In any case, my brain is telling me not to act on it because basically my goal is to be wealthy and I need to focus only on that and on me, but it's been hard to resist. If you read the first message, it's been 5 years since I'm single. I've been with several girls during this period but this is the first time I feel like this.

Bad feelings:

Remember I said I have more energy but my sleep changed? Well, I am doing my 5 loops when I go to bed, because I can't do them at work. And what's happening is that I wake up A LOT during the nights I have UMS playing.
It's weird because I wake up, then for a second I don't hear anything, and then I hear the ocean sounds and automatically resume my sleep. And it doesn't happen at all on the nights I am off the program.

Another bad feeling was today. Last night was my first night off this week, so I woke up, went to work and a couple of hours later I started feeling like sh*t...
I felt like I was completely empty and a feeling in my gut like I'm missing something important in my life. Then I got a horrible headache.
To be honest, this is what brought me here. I knew I had to start a journal and share my results, but I always found something else to do instead. Well, not today...
Eventually the feeling is fading. Headache is gone and I don’t feel as empty, but somehow it's not completely gone. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Quick update:

Yesterday I felt well overall but today I felt like shit again but without the headache, just the emptiness.

Luckily it's my last day off for the week so tonight I'm starting my loops again. Something's telling me I really need them, and I don't know why but I'm positive tomorrow I'm gonna feel good again.

Also, regarding my trading strategy testing, it's been pretty awesome so far. Made 9 trades, and won 7 so that's going well. Will continue testing for another month or so.
Felt good during the weekend.

I made a list of small monetary goals I want to achieve that will lead me to the big goal and put timeframes for them. I will be checking that out.

Oh, and one thing I noticed is that whenever I get to a Sunday, I was down because Monday I have to work again. Today it didn't happen and I actually enjoyed the day
I am feeling 4 days on and 3 off is not enough. I'm gonna try to do larger cycles and then a larger bloom.

I found a youtube channel that is related to having a millionaire mindset. Saw one of the videos today at work and almost made me cry... that's how deep I connected to what it was being said.

Regarding social interactions, I'm feeling that people are overall nicer to me, with a few exceptions that I almost feel they are trying to avoid me. But overall nice, today my boss told me out of the blue "I talk to you the same way I talk to my husband". Oooook haha!

Anyway I'll report back if something noticeable happens
Ok, so today I woke up and felt great. I had and still have a sense of euphoria and lots of energy.

Tomorrow night I'm going to a beer festival for the weekend, so there's that... and Monday is a holiday here so no work for me.

Also I set up small goals with their due dates that will help me achieve my big goals.
First big goal is to quit my job, for which I need around 70k dollars. I know it sounds too low but remember my currency sucks so 70k USD is enough for me to retire. That is something I hope to accomplish next year.
After that, keep growing my income and savings until I can reach 200k, then 500k, then a million... I think that 5-7 years to get to that is a great timing.
Woke up full of energy again. I'm working at home today so no social interactions other than chats.

I had a strange dream last night, involving this girl I feel drawn too. It was about us kissing for the first time, and then the dream shifted to me being with another girl, and she was pregnant... dafuq? Ohmy

Trading has been going sideways last days but today I made 3 positive ones. Still on the positive side overall.

I'll be out of town for the weekend having fun!
Back home!

I'm really tired but it's a product of sleeping less hours for 3 days in a row because of my little vacation last weekend. But I had lots of fun so it was worth it!

Two things to notice from my last days. I started noticing when I'm not busy that I'm thinking to myself "I have a million dollars", and then I keep repeating it and when I do that, another goal pops up as well. I read in another thread someone having a similar experience with 15k dollars a month and then changing it to a day.
In my case the goals don't overlap so it's a bit different, but it's like I'm doing this unconsciously.

Another thing that surprised me is that today I woke up and a friend who I haven't spoke in months, sent me some texts asking how I was doing and telling me things about her life. Also apologizing for dissapearing for a long time
Feeling the celebrity effect everyone is talking about here.

Last night I went to a concert, and there was a girl telling us which seat we should take, and she smiled and grabbed my hand to show me where it was. I was early to the show so I watched her a bit after that and she didn't do that to anyone else.
And this morning, I took the bus to go to my workplace. It was crowded so I was standing and holding myself from a bar. And 3 different girls passed by, grabbed the bar touching my hand and looking right at me. I mean, 3 different girls in a 30 minute travel!

I swear none of this sh*t happened to me before. Usually girls avoid this kind of behaviour.

Tonight I'll do my last day on this cycle, then 4 days of bloom. Let's see what happens Thumbsup
Bloom day 1.

I'm a bit irritated. Family was annoying me (not sure if they really were annoying or I'm having a short fuse) but instead of snapping, I just left and went for a walk.

Now I'm back and started working on my goals. I already have some financial goals, small and big and their corresponding due dates, but today I started working on other more personal goals.

- Nofap: tried it many times before and couldn't accomplish anything (most I lasted was about a month), but this time I feel a lot different about it. Day 1 starts today and this time it's gonna work.

- Since the beggining of the year I started doing intermittent fasting. Basically I don't eat anything for 16 hours and then I can eat the remaining 8 hours. I've had amazing results as I lost 7kg and 10% body fat. But I still have some belly fat to get rid off so I'm going to start exercising, probably calisthenics

- Taking care of some minor health issues, like acne stains on my back, or taking care of my deviated septum. I say they're minor because I can live normally with them.

- I need to find a space of my own

Last 2 goals are more complicated. You see, my main goal is to be rich right? and having some surgeries or start renting a flat when I already have a house feels like it will be an obstable to my main goal. I mean these things cost a lot of money, and spending that money now goes against what I'm trying to accomplish.
Also, I feel an overall guilt sensation for thinking about leaving home. I know it's probably stupid, but as of now I can't really help it
Frame of reference. Whatever advances you toward your goal is not an expenditure, it's an investment in achieving that goal. This is one concept my girlfriend is still struggling with. Last night, she said, "Can you believe that it costs $2 million dollars to have Amazon just consider you for XYZ about toys and some such blah blah?" (I was tired, so I don't remember exactly what she said.) "That's a lot of money! I would never spend that just to be considered for advertising space." she said.

"But if it costs $2 million just to be considered, what are the potential profits? $50 million? $100 million? $500 million? Is it really a lot of money if the profits are that high?"

I don't know about you, but I know this: When I go buy something for my business that costs me thousands of dollars a month, I don't complain if it brings in significantly more than it costs for me to buy it.

Now you have to ask yourself: Is directly using that money the best way forward, or is spending it to establish your own apartment going to aid you in the future in making money? It may seem like a waste of money if you could stay at home and live with your parents, and it may in fact be; but the question is, what can you do with the freedom from your parents and the space to make more money than the space costs, and what amount of end profits could you make staying with your parents vs moving out?

If your parents are allowing you to live there rent free, and relatively unobtrusive for your budding business, then it may be smart to stay at home for a while. That's how I got this business off the ground the first few years.

On the other hand, if your parents are limiting you in ways that limit your profits and or potential profits, or you can find one or more ways to make the space pay more than it costs, in increased productivity, warehousing, etc, then it may be better to move out and get your own apartment.

You have to do a cost/benefit analysis of the options, and pick the best one.
(10-19-2019, 08:23 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Frame of reference.  Whatever advances you toward your goal is not an expenditure, it's an investment in achieving that goal.  This is one concept my girlfriend is still struggling with.  Last night, she said, "Can you believe that it costs $2 million dollars to have Amazon just consider you for XYZ about toys and some such blah blah?"  (I was tired, so I don't remember exactly what she said.)  "That's a lot of money! I would never spend that just to be considered for advertising space." she said.

"But if it costs $2 million just to be considered, what are the potential profits?  $50 million?  $100 million?  $500 million?  Is it really a lot of money if the profits are that high?"

I don't know about you, but I know this: When I go buy something for my business that costs me thousands of dollars a month, I don't complain if it brings in significantly more than it costs for me to buy it.  

Now you have to ask yourself: Is directly using that money the best way forward, or is spending it to establish your own apartment going to aid you in the future in making money?  It may seem like a waste of money if you could stay at home and live with your parents, and it may in fact be; but the question is, what can you do with the freedom from your parents and the space to make more money than the space costs, and what amount of end profits could you make staying with your parents vs moving out?

If your parents are allowing you to live there rent free, and relatively unobtrusive for your budding business, then it may be smart to stay at home for a while.  That's how I got this business off the ground the first few years.

On the other hand, if your parents are limiting you in ways that limit your profits and or potential profits, or you can find one or more ways to make the space pay more than it costs, in increased productivity, warehousing, etc, then it may be better to move out and get your own apartment.

You have to do a cost/benefit analysis of the options, and pick the best one.

Sir, you have given me a lot to think about. Thanks a lot for the insight
Day 2 of bloom.

It's mother's day here so it's gonna be a family day. Slept around 9 hours and I feel really tired physically but at the same time I feel I have a lot of mental energy.

Have to cook for everyone and then I'll be doing some trading analysis for when the market opens.
Yesterday I was reading and watching videos about nofap and how to work that extra energy you gain by stopping that nasty behaviour/addiction. It is clear now that I made the right choice because I need to use that energy for my wealth goals instead.

That said, last night I had a dream about me failing in nofap. I took it as a form of resistance that I need to overcome. I will succeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4