Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Listening with iPod while sleeping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tigurinn

Hi, I'm a newbie here and have downloaded the free version of Absolute Self Confidence - 4G (Type B) to test out.

I was wondering, as an approximate 8 hours is recommended, to listen to the audio (not the ultrasonic one), while sleeping with headphones on - with the default Apple headphones that come with all iPods.

Doesn't the headphones drop out while sleeping? Could it damage the iPod (I toss and turn a lot while sleeping ... also while awake and in bed; but that's a whole other story Big Grin)

So, in a nutshell I'm asking if it's safe for the iPod to go to bed with me Tongue ...seeing as I don't have a stereo that is fit for the iPod, and I don't want to have my computer turned on in the middle of the night

iPod: an 80 gb iPod of the so-called 5.5 generation (the newest iPod of that sort is the "iPod Classic")
Hello, Tigurinn, and welcome! I'm glad you've joined us. Smile

Have you looked here yet?

http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Headph...nals-Don-t

After that, consider that we recommend using them on speakers if you intend to use them all night long for exactly the reasons you state. Earphones fall off, earbuds fall out, tangle of wires, rolling on iPod, etc. You might want to get a dock for your iPod that has speakers in it.
For a while I made a construction ware the mp3-player and earbuds hung above my pillows/head and listen at full volume.

Tigurinn

Yepp, I saw the link, thank you - but the thing is that I read somewhere a long time ago that the iPods sold in Europe have the audio volume constricted, supposedly some EU rule.

No idea if it's true or not, but I bought my iPod in Europe so I hope it's true Smile

And heck, of course your right Shannon, that the earbuds would fall out - however I've never tried it during the night, but it's still a valid question despite being silly Smile

Thank you Elusive for your post but I better start looking for cheap iPod speakers.

I'll start off with my computer and hoping I'll perphaps get an iPod stereo this christmas ... if the demo version of Absolute Self Confidence goes well I'll very probably start saving for the Alpha Male, and I've even got a few goodies in the wish list Smile
I just set my lappy playing and loop it. Clears the whole room. 24/7.

Tigurinn

(12-13-2011, 01:16 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I just set my lappy playing and loop it. Clears the whole room. 24/7.

Yepp, I ventured into that zone Smile I was somewhat nervous, but luckily the laptop didn't heat up and no problems. However, sadly I have no idea of the frequency of the speakers and don't know how to check.

However, I've just received iPhone 4, to my huge surprise, and I am wondering if it's possible to just use them; the Wikipedia page indicated that the frequency is just right, but sadly it lacks citation
(12-13-2011, 02:27 PM)Tigurinn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2011, 01:16 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I just set my lappy playing and loop it. Clears the whole room. 24/7.

Yepp, I ventured into that zone Smile I was somewhat nervous, but luckily the laptop didn't heat up and no problems. However, sadly I have no idea of the frequency of the speakers and don't know how to check.

However, I've just received iPhone 4, to my huge surprise, and I am wondering if it's possible to just use them; the Wikipedia page indicated that the frequency is just right, but sadly it lacks citation

If you can play ultrasonics on your laptop, you will hear them as a high pitched squeal only at the maximum volume, or for speakers that can barely handle it, you'll start hearing speaker distortion when you get close to max, but you should be able to hear nothing (or close to it) while playing them at a normal volume. If you speakers can't handle it, you'll hear scratchy voices, static or such even at a relatively low volume.