Subliminal Talk

Full Version: A few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have just come out of a very emotionally charged relationship with a BPD (Borderline personality disorder) women which has caused HUGE emotional attachment issues for me and I am really struggling to move on.

So questions

1. I purchased let go of past relationships subliminal. Is this the right one for me to start with?
2. I read > 20khz frequency response for speakers is good. So http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AUENA5 would do the trick?
3. Is listening for 8 hours every night while I sleep sufficient to see the changes i'm after?
4. How long should I listen for? Or should I set no time and journal to wait to see results?
5 Last question. Do anti-depressants negate any of the effects of the subliminals?
Thanks Smile
Hi again, Jombobday. My last relationship (the most major of my entire life so far) was with a woman who has BPD, so I know where you're coming from.

I created Let Go Of Past Relationships for myself to get over a different, somewhat less intense relationship, and used it for both. It's a very good choice, but it isn't a panacea. You'll see the results and it will make the process faster and much less painful for most people, but it will still hurt and take some time to process. So for question 1, the answer is yes.

2. Those speakers have a frequency response of "50 Hz - 22 kHz +/- 1.5 db", which confuses me a bit... I don't see why the variance is in decibles, instead of kHz, but it's sufficient for ultrasonics.

3. Listening for 8 hours a night is optimal for seeing results.

4. A minimum time to listen is 32 days. I suggest you expect to be using it for 60 to 90 days if the relationship was major. If you feel you still want or need to use it after that, by all means, keep going.

5. Anti-depressants work by adjusting brain chemistry, which results in an adjustment in mood in ways we don't fully understand yet. Subliminals can interfere or be interfered with by them only if there is a direct conflict; for instance, if you were taking anti-depressants, and using a subliminal designed to depress you, there would be interference from the subliminal. No such subliminal exists, however, and certainly will never be built by me. So for all practical intents and purposes, no, subliminals will neither negate nor be negated by anti-depressants - unless, of course, the subliminal is aimed at improving mood and the "anti-depressant" has the reverse effect on you that it should and is making you depressed instead.
Thanks again Shannon. That's really good to know that it helped you through a similar situation. I expect the pain and expect it to take time to work through. The thing for me is to not be sitting in 9 months still not having moved on from her like I did last time we broke up. Only to find myself going back to her and the unhealthy relationship.

Great all the other information sounds perfect and what I expected just wanted to double check Smile Ill keep with the sub for a few months before moving onto the next one
Those are very high quality speakers judging from the spec you posted.

For a frequency response spec to have any meaning it needs to include the amplitude, not just the freq. The +/- 1.5dB over the 22kHz range means that these speakers have a very flat frequency response curve and sounds at higher frequencies will be play almost as loud as sounds at middle frequencies.

Thanks for the info JAYCEE

Good to know I made a good choice with them. I'm going to pick them up this afternoon.
I just ordered a pair online.

Thanks for pointing these out. I'm no audiophile and I don't listen to music, but the flat frequency response on these should be just the thing for subs.
Thats awesome. Glad I could help.

I'll be using them just for subs as well although I might put some music on them to test them out for fun
(12-06-2011, 04:22 PM)JAYCEE Wrote: [ -> ]Those are very high quality speakers judging from the spec you posted.

For a frequency response spec to have any meaning it needs to include the amplitude, not just the freq. The +/- 1.5dB over the 22kHz range means that these speakers have a very flat frequency response curve and sounds at higher frequencies will be play almost as loud as sounds at middle frequencies.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. Smile