Subliminal Talk

Full Version: playing ultrasonic while listening to music/watching videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the ultrasonics work fine even if i play them while listening to other music or videos? Assuming they are all played out from the same speakers

it gets pretty boring listening to the streams and water masked sounds
(11-23-2011, 09:31 AM)tianshiz Wrote: [ -> ]Will the ultrasonics work fine even if i play them while listening to other music or videos? Assuming they are all played out from the same speakers

Yeah you can use the ultrasonic with anything. I play it while I watch TV, sleep, listen to music at work, whatever. Just make sure you got the good speakers Wink

Ryan
(11-23-2011, 09:31 AM)tianshiz Wrote: [ -> ]Will the ultrasonics work fine even if i play them while listening to other music or videos? Assuming they are all played out from the same speakers

No, they won't function properly. The audio will be distorted since more than one audio source will tune out each other frequencies. The best is to use a dedicated source for the subliminals only (separate mp3 player + speakers).

However, as Ryan already mentioned, listening to subliminals in conjunction with music coming from another source is no problem, this is also stated in the included instructions.
You can use ultrasonic subliminals while listening to anything else, and they will work fine as long as:

* The other sounds are not overpowering the subliminal volume (play the ultrasonic at normal volume and you'll be fine).

* You are not using noise cancelling technology to neutralize the subliminal. For instance, playing the subliminal on speakers, while listening to music on noise cancelling headphones, with the noise cancellation turned on.

Jay, multiple audio sources don't interfere with one another in the way you're thinking they do, or we would have much more distorted hearing of multiple sources of sound simultaneously. Only a direct anti-wave will cancel out a wave, thus the noise cancellation advice above. Otherwise it works just fine.
Rest assured, I never meant that multiple audio sources (with each a dedicated speaker) would directly interfere with each other. If I would I had contradicted myself on two accounts in the same post (not to mention that it would be a pretty whacky world it worked that way Smile). I can see when reading the comment on itself that it could easily come across as you interpreted. I guess I have to work on making my comments more modular.

To clear it a bit up, I placed my comment in the context of "Assuming they are all played out from the same speakers", and although I misused the (non-)term "Audio sources" (since I don't dabble much with audio, and audio equipment) what I meant with this was having multiple instances of a media player playing (one being the subliminal) on a laptop will distort the eventual output (being played out from the same speakers).

The answer I gave was also a reiteration of the one I believe was given a long while ago when the same question was asked. And what I experienced from first-hand experience when you play subliminals along with other audio (on the same source) that it causes distortion (sounds like compression and deterioration of the sound).
Ultrasonics played at the same time as normal audio on the same speakers should work fine, although it will place added stress on speakers to perform. You may need speakers of higher frequency response, but I have used subliminals that were both masked and ultrasonic at the same time without trouble, and I regularly use them while my laptop is playing music at the same time, also to no degradation of effect and audio quality.