Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Becoming Alpha Male - Is it really possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had no idea about alpha and beta males two years ago. I run AM6 two times so far. When I first run it and started reading books I could say that I was surely not alpha however I thought I had some traits. As the time was going by I was feeling less and less alpha as I was realizing more and more what a real alpha male is. Even now on the second run I have a way better and "healthier" version of what an alpha male is. However if I felt like I was 20% alpha after the first run of AM6, I now, at the end of the second run feel like I am 10% alpha.

Being an alpha male is so complicated. At least for me. There are so many traits that make someone alpha. Which probably narrow down to some specific traits like having high self-esteem, confidence, self-acceptance etc. However you need a blend of all these at a very good level. And depending on your subconscious noise, this is either a walk in the park or the invasion of Normandy.

I now am able to notice real alphas around me and the thing is, they are so few. I am talking about real alpha males. I am not talking about someone wearing a cool uniform (e.g. pilot) and because of it and past confidence is getting the girl or getting the necessary respect from others. I am talking about alphas that have the confidence to speak their mind, be friendly when they chose to, be bold when they need to, and never get triggered and get out of their temper, etc etc.

I am not an expert or even knowledgeable enough on the topic. However, two years later with a lot of reading I am in a place where I am not even sure if I can become an alpha male or in general if a beta male can really become alpha. My experience with the AM6 program is very positive. It helped me act like an alpha male in many cases when needed so that people would stop bullying me and take advantage of me. It helped me face some of my fears, fix my body and other small things here and there. However being a real alpha is light years away from what I am right now.

I can surely say that the AM6 program helped me a lot. The books very little. The books helped me understand how big this concept is and where I stand. Reading a book saying how an alpha is and acts didn't help me an inch. Why? Because having a thousand beliefs and patterns running on the background (subconscious) doesn't make you change when a book mentions something like "don't make rapid, spasmodic moves, alphas move slowly and with confidence". Well, OK boss, will be doing that from now on.

I would love to hear your experience with the topic and what else did you do to become more alpha. I am wondering if becoming an alpha male is even possible. Probably is in terms of working on it full time, daily, by reading, visualizing, affirming and using a ton other tools but obviously this is not possible for an everyday person with a job, obligations and possibly a relationship (+kids). Or even it's not just black and white. Some are more alpha already and get there easier. Some define alpha in a different way and become alpha in a split of a second. Thoughts?
The whole ‘alpha’ VS ‘beta’ thing seems like rather subjective ideals that many people have.

One person’s ‘alpha’ ideal, is another person’s ‘beta’.

Like, I often go to restaurants by myself. And, one person would see me eating by myself, and think “wow, that guy is extremely alpha. He must be really confident to be seen in public, eating at romantic restaurants by himself”.

The person next to that person, would also see me eating by myself, and think “that guy is such a pathetic beta. He can’t even get a girl to have dinner with. He is such a loser to eat by himself at a romantic restaurant”.

And I’m eating by myself, and thinking “Yum... yum... yum... This cuisine is amazing, and only $11 for a main course!” (I tend to get the cheap specials, and only drink the free water, at my favourite restaurant).

I’ve read quite a bit of ‘how to be alpha’ guides, along with lots of PUA crap, and it was unhelpful. If anything, it filled my mind with self-limiting, self-doubting BS.

I was seeing the seemly endless checklists of ‘what an alpha is’ and getting depressed, thinking that I will never be ‘alpha‘.

I’m naturally an introvert, who loves reading and learning, who is a bit nerdy, who prefers to stay sober, who would rather sit under a shady tree in the park (rather than parties / nightclubs), who only has a few friends and a small social circle, who often prefers to do things alone, etc.

Many people would consider me to be really ‘beta’. While some would consider me to be ‘alpha’, or something else entirely.

Nowadays, I do my best to forget about all that ‘alpha’ VS ‘beta’ nonsense, and just try my best to enjoy life, go off on my own adventures and listen to whatever sub that aligns with what I would like to experience. And I do my best to consciously focus on living life and letting my subconscious execute the sub.

I’m pretty sure that if you enjoy life, do your own thing, and listen to subs, then everything will work itself out, and things with naturally fall into place, in due time.

Edit: I do gym training, weightlifting, learn new things, meditation, healthy diet and listen to subs (one at a time). In the past, I’ve done affirmations, visualisation, psionics / energy training and a few random things.

Some people would consider gym training to make one more ‘alpha’. While others would consider it pointless. Some may even argue that it is ‘beta’, saying that one is trying to impress others (and try gain their approval / validation) with a ripped, muscular physique. But having more physical strength can be quite useful in some situations.

Same applies to other self-improvement activities.

At the end of the day, it should be whatever feels right and will benefit you.
(12-26-2018, 05:21 PM)MasterEnki Wrote: [ -> ]The whole ‘alpha’ VS ‘beta’ thing seems like rather subjective ideals that many people have.

One person’s ‘alpha’ ideal, is another person’s ‘beta’.

Like, I often go to restaurants by myself. And, one person would see me eating by myself, and think “wow, that guy is extremely alpha. He must be really confident to be seen in public, eating at romantic restaurants by himself”.

The person next to that person, would also see me eating by myself, and think “that guy is such a pathetic beta. He can’t even get a girl to have dinner with. He is such a loser to eat by himself at a romantic restaurant”.

And I’m eating by myself, and thinking “Yum... yum... yum... This cuisine is amazing, and only $11 for a main course!” (I tend to get the cheap specials, and only drink the free water, at my favourite restaurant).

I’ve read quite a bit of ‘how to be alpha’ guides, along with lots of PUA crap, and it was unhelpful. If anything, it filled my mind with self-limiting, self-doubting BS.

I was seeing the seemly endless checklists of ‘what an alpha is’ and getting depressed, thinking that I will never be ‘alpha‘.

I’m naturally an introvert, who loves reading and learning, who is a bit nerdy, who prefers to stay sober, who would rather sit under a shady tree in the park (rather than parties / nightclubs), who only has a few friends and a small social circle, who often prefers to do things alone, etc.

Many people would consider me to be really ‘beta’. While some would consider me to be ‘alpha’, or something else entirely.

Nowadays, I do my best to forget about all that ‘alpha’ VS ‘beta’ nonsense, and just try my best to enjoy life, go off on my own adventures and listen to whatever sub that aligns with what I would like to experience. And I do my best to consciously focus on living life and letting my subconscious execute the sub.

I’m pretty sure that if you enjoy life, do your own thing, and listen to subs, then everything will work itself out, and things with naturally fall into place, in due time.

Edit: I do gym training, weightlifting, learn new things, meditation, healthy diet and listen to subs (one at a time). In the past, I’ve done affirmations, visualisation, psionics / energy training and a few random things.

Some people would consider gym training to make one more ‘alpha’. While others would consider it pointless. Some may even argue that it is ‘beta’, saying that one is trying to impress others (and try gain their approval / validation) with a ripped, muscular physique. But having more physical strength can be quite useful in some situations.

Same applies to other self-improvement activities.

At the end of the day, it should be whatever feels right and will benefit you.

I am writing from the state where we are more familiar what an alpha male is. Of course everyone thinks an alpha as many things and your example of a man eating alone perceived an alpha or not is perfect. It is perfect as, for me, it is nonsense and you cannot understand if someone is alpha in this case but others can very much analyse it in a split of a second as a good example of an alpha or not.

I am referring to obvious alpha traits or cases that you are either an alpha or not. Being in a relationship and your woman making whatever she wants of you is not alpha. Being bullied at work or any other situation and not facing it is not alpha. Not standing up for yourself when you need to because you are right or have rights or whatever the proper reason is not alpha. I am referring about such obvious cases.

This is why I mentioned that I now have a better and "healthier" version of what an alpha is in mind.

I personally don't care about the alpha checklists or what people say of what alpha is. I read these checklists so that I understand if the author writes quality material around what alpha is. Then I can read further his/her work but also contemplate from what I read and benefit from it. Getting to the root of a checklist's item like: "Beta males seek validation and approval from their peers." can help you assess yourself and find if this is true and if there is a past pattern that causes you not being confident or with low self-worth. I don't take information passively.

At the very end, I don't care about what other thinks of me, being an alpha or beta. I care about having these alpha qualities/traits that when needed will save me from a situation (stand up, face something, etc) or create a positive situation about me (be in confidence, assert myself, speak myself, etc)

Many times when I try to find solutions to definitions or how things work I look in nature. And if you look in nature you can find alpha males in animals and observe how they react. Like lions and tigers and cats.
Nice to hear your progress! Good job on working on yourself Smile

It's hard to compare to someone else, really. We, and life, is just way too complicated for that. I think that you should compare yourself to your version of yesterday, rather than the archetypical "alpha" that you have in mind, not saying that you shouldn't be inspired by other people and their positive traits, but rather trying to put them into a bigger perspective of your own character. Like you have a friend who doesn't buy other peoples bullshit but trust his own gut first and follows that, that would be a good trait to try to have in mind and become better at doing.

bugging down into slow movements and that kind of stuff, I don't really think that is helping. That is just making life harder for you than it has to be, and put stuff into your mind, occupying important space of enjoying life, thinking ahead, etc. If you always focus on moving slowly you will become a sloth rather than an alpha, lol! But try to see the bigger stuff, like instead of focusing on moving slowly, try think what make you nervous and move rapidly, and work on overcoming that. Like you are getting stressed by other people, anchor yourself in your body and your gut, trust that you have the situation under control, and carry out whatever you feel like you should do, rather than letting other people getting onto you.

I have worked much on my boundaries. Being aware when people are crossing them, and learning not to react to their attempts to do so (it often stems for their lack of self-control which they impose by trying to control you). Set boundaries, you are important and you have the right to your own space, your own opinions, your own power. Learn to go with that. Stand in your power and feel it!

Shannon probably can formulate it better Wink
Do you really think an alpha worries about how alpha s/he is? Only if they're what Black Dragon calls Alpha 1.0. Alpha 2.0 (what I call Transcendent Alpha) doesn't worry about this stuff. Worrying about it is a sure sign of not being there yet. And what's going on is that your fears about not being good enough are coming to the surface. That, ironically, indicates progress, but it is also getting in the way of further progress.

The part you need is the mastery of yourself that overrides the fears that are making you worry about how alpha you are. You're trying too hard, and worrying too much, comparing yourself to things and people whom you sound like you have inflated the importance and perfection of in your mind.

You can't be James Bond. You can't be Dwayne Johnson, or Hulk Hogan. You can't be Jason Statham, or Patrick Stewart. You can't be anyone you can think of who you might consider alpha - you can only be yourself.

So keep in mind, if you are better today than you were yesterday, you're making progress. And, if you see traits in others whom you consider alpha that you want in yourself, work on developing them. But unless you want to be an Alpha 1.0 (typically an alpha based purely on physical strength and how much people fear them for dominance), worrying about how alpha you are isn't necessary. Transcendent Alpha doesn't do the hierarchy of dominance thing. They are their own leader, and if others want to follow, that's their business.

The key is, always be making progress. Stop comparing yourself to others - because you aren't them, you can't be them, and they don't matter in your becoming a Transcendent Alpha. What matters is that you are growing within yourself, setting boundaries and enforcing them, respecting yourself, growing past the fears that keep you from being your own source of leadership, approval, love, confidence, courage, success, etc.

Can you really become an alpha? Of course you can. The only thing holding you back is you and your fears.