Subliminal Talk
Religion and Religious Type Concepts Thread - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Religion and Religious Type Concepts Thread (/Thread-Religion-and-Religious-Type-Concepts-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: The New Religion Thread - iamacat - 03-14-2018

Hi is this the best place to talk about karmic forces, past life vows and soul contracts? I was thinking a lot recently about epigenetics, past life vows/oaths and soul contracts and I wonder whether they have an impact on how successful a person can be in this current life.

For example, I keep having this notion that in my current life, my level of material success , how much wealth I can make or whether I could have a successfully marriage is already determined due to my own experiences. I am trying to break free from all these restrictions and hence I am hoping that DMSI could help me with this more than anything else.

RE: The New Religion Thread - samba99 - 03-23-2018

(11-06-2017, 10:01 PM)samba99 Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 05:29 AM)Vincent_Vega Wrote: What is your view on the hermetic philosophy?

Shannon missed this question from 2015,
Shannon if you ever have time or feel to refresh about please let us know about hermetic.

If anyone wants get a good read about it (only about 60page long)
Then read the kybalion, here’s a link

http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/kybalion.pdf

Up

RE: The New Religion Thread - JackOfHearts - 03-23-2018

(03-14-2018, 08:56 PM)iamacat Wrote: Hi is this the best place to talk about karmic forces, past life vows and soul contracts? I was thinking a lot recently about epigenetics, past life vows/oaths and soul contracts and I wonder whether they have an impact on how successful a person can be in this current life.

For example, I keep having this notion that in my current life, my level of material success , how much wealth I can make or whether I could have a successfully marriage is already determined due to my own experiences. I am trying to break free from all these restrictions and hence I am hoping that DMSI could help me with this more than anything else.

I can share my view, I did sub for a long time now, about 5 years, the last relationship I had was predetermined, its visible in my astrology and other similar things. Sub didnt seem to have changed that part.

RE: The New Religion Thread - findingme - 03-24-2018

I'm writing here seeking some hope. I have written before and found answers, so I'm doing this again.
I don't know what will transpire.

I have wondered around my entire life following people, their advice, and their actions. I used Universal Detox starting somewhere around 5 months ago, and finished it up 2 months back. This is relevant since I was actively following, listening, and obeying anyone. While using UD, I realized I followed anyone/anything in FEAR of them hurting me (abandoning me) constantly, and I'd lied to myself repeatedly (daily) so I'd not know I went around terrified. I kept up the social front, not knowing what else there was.

And UD began to unhinge me from my lying devotion. I even pulled out of some rituals I'd done for years, like 12 meetings and church (entirely), since I felt vulnerable to lie to myself and others if I went back. Even lately, I've imagined going back to church. Damn. I see the following scenario in my head.

I walk into church, wishing to not go around lying.
Someone I know walks up excitedly, "hey findingme, it's GOOD to see you! How've you been?!"

I'm stuck on that point. I used to always have an answer, a "front" to basically keep people from REALLY knowing me, but still looking positive. To handle my unease with my dishonesty, I'd withdraw in 12 step meetings, and.......pull back from ALL relationships in church. I've spent decades in both. I'd say "I'm ok, fine (anything but "TERRIFIED of being honest!") A fake smiling face ensued.

I'm on SE 5.5 currently, and after a month, my imagining of the above scenario doesn't have me squirm as much as it did 4 months back. I say this since I've practiced being myself some at work, and I've seen some relax around me. One coworker, a very quiet man whom I suspect has integrity, gave a big, genuine smile when I walked past him yesterday. I've never even spoken to this man. Did I (earn, create...) that? I grew up thinking all love was earned, not freely given.

Shannon said to me: Transforming into a butterfly requires the caterpillar to let go of being a caterpillar.

I'm learning what that means.

Vulnerability. My spirituality, my relationship with God, is close to my heart. It's taken some grieving of the "old self" (not spiritual terms there). And God is still seeking my attention, though quietly at times. I see birds a lot in my job, and I listen to them more lately. I think God can be very personable, yet very unpredictable. I know he can be persistent too. I've thought about him more in the last month, probably since starting SE.

And to be honest here, I still guard my heart when I speak to him lately. I've vocalized my fears of trusting him, of thinking he'll send s*** my way once I seek him out again...........fearing (or believing) I'll say "F*** YOU!!" and be rejected. I'm using subs to give me the courage to speak to him honestly and openly, instead of living in fear non-stop. Most of my honesty happens in the shower. I have no idea why.

While writing those last sentences, my mind flashed back to old mindsets of trusting a smiling leader implicitly (trusting THEM vs. God), and ....fearing abandonment once again. (I paste old family happenings into my spiritual life OFTEN). So, I see God as angry or rejecting as my own parents were. BTW, I didn't meet or talk to my own father until I was 17; I decided to approach him, and he was lost. Died in '92, 3 years after I'd met him.

But I still put leaders on some God status, like "I'm supposed to trust them".

Damn. I'm thinking "that sounds like what a small child would think". Absolutely. This is EXACTLY how I've been thinking. I'm in my mid 40's too.

And to repeat what I wrote above: I'm learning what (letting go of being a caterpillar) means. Tears came at this last moment.

RE: The New Religion Thread - DarkPlouf - 04-07-2018

(03-23-2018, 04:18 PM)JackOfHearts Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 08:56 PM)iamacat Wrote: Hi is this the best place to talk about karmic forces, past life vows and soul contracts? I was thinking a lot recently about epigenetics, past life vows/oaths and soul contracts and I wonder whether they have an impact on how successful a person can be in this current life.

I can share my view, I did sub for a long time now, about 5 years, the last relationship I had was predetermined, its visible in my astrology and other similar things. Sub didnt seem to have changed that part.
Most of things are set in stone, or rather too rooted within one's being that a drastic change is almost impossible.
Subliminals and esoteric stuff in general are too shallow to make significant changes, unless the user is already predisposed. Did you try subs in alignment with the "positive" predictions you got on your astrology? If so what was the result?

Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - samba99 - 05-01-2018

Moving this discussion from shannon journal to here. Please share your thoughts and ideas. Educate. If have useful knowledge or resources don’t keep it to yourself :p

To start with, I asked shannon about this particular situation. If you have thoughts about it, it will be great to share since shannon is busy lately.

(05-01-2018, 07:17 AM)Shannon Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 02:20 PM)samba99 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:45 AM)Shannon Wrote: [quote='DarkPlouf' pid='195850' dateline='1524764167']
Are you talking about Karma ? You a believer ?
I've always believed that karma stuff is just a lie from gurus so that they can keep their power for themselves and scare people from doing what they want.

I go on evidence to form my beliefs. And I can tell you, doing whatever you want will bite you in the end if it unbalances the equation. Whether it's now or later. I have been bitten by my misunderstanding of that fact many times, and I have used my understanding of that fact to win many times as well.

If you want to call it karma or simply the universe maintaining balance, it is there. And if you want to test it, I'm sure that eventually you will learn what I know from painful experience. Belief is not required, which is a good thing.

Shannon,
Can you give a simple example on how to win using karma.

I can’t think of a simple equation but since most of us deal with relationships and money. I will try to give a money scenario:

For example, if I saw a homeless guy who is suffering different kind of negative emotions. Then I donated some money to him which resulted in a magnitude of joy (or other positive emotions) at the same moment I experience either of the following:

A- same magnitude of the positive emotion experienced by the homeless person.
B- same magnitude but negative emotion due to (money loss)
C- different magnitude of either positive or negative emotion.
D- nothing ( least possible?)

How does karma role plays here?
How will the universe balance this out?

At the balancing moment does the same homeless person (variable) have to be in the equation?

RE: Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - Rebel_GQ - 05-01-2018

I've always had the personal belief that karma comes back to you, but magnified.

So if you were to do good (out of the goodness of your heart without expecting anything in return), that good will come back to you at some point but multiplied. For example, let's say you were to give a homeless person $10. Sometime in the future, you may receive let's say $100 unexpectedly. A pleasant surprise.

Likewise, if you were to do bad, your sins will come back to haunt you, but in a worse way than the act you committed, and usually also comes unexpected during the most inopportune time.

What goes around comes around, so to speak. But with a multiplication factor when it does come around. Again, just my personal belief...

RE: Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - samba99 - 05-01-2018

(05-01-2018, 07:20 PM)Rebel_GQ Wrote: I've always had the personal belief that karma comes back to you, but magnified.

So if you were to do good (out of the goodness of your heart without expecting anything in return), that good will come back to you at some point but multiplied. For example, let's say you were to give a homeless person $10. Sometime in the future, you may receive let's say $100 unexpectedly. A pleasant surprise.

Likewise, if you were to do bad, your sins will come back to haunt you, but in a worse way than the act you committed, and usually also comes unexpected during the most inopportune time.

What goes around comes around, so to speak. But with a multiplication factor when it does come around. Again, just my personal belief...

I honestly don’t think it’s magnified. I think it’s the same magnitude. For example if you give a homeless person 10$, the magnitude of joy he experienced will come exactly back to you. And maybe 10$ is not enough to generate the same magnitude of joy experienced by the homeless guy. So in order for the universe to balance this out. It determines how much money (or something else) will be required to get into your life so you can experience the same magnitude of joy. For example as you said you get a $100.

In this case,
10$ to a homeless guy = 100$ to you = same joy

RE: Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - Rebel_GQ - 05-01-2018

I never thought of it that way, but what you stated makes sense...

RE: Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - JackOfHearts - 05-02-2018

its more related to learning, once you get that good behavior things flow naturally to you. If you do bad your life get into a painful state until you grow and learn. Bad stuff happens so you learn.

RE: Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - Nox - 05-02-2018

Karma also changes once you realize that there is no good and bad. Only more and less. Sometimes less gives more also, so it gets confusing.

RE: Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - DarkPlouf - 05-02-2018

The thing I wonder is why do some very good people that supposedly stack good level of karma don't have that much of a great life. I see a lot of good people suffer, as well as shitty people living happily.

Also I've always believed that Karma was invented by selfish people who don't want people to use their power. If we think of influencing someone as accumulating bad karma, then how about that passive influencing we're all both subject and target at the same time ? We're influencing each other all the time without even knowing it.
Here's what a guy says about that:
Quote:We can go about influencing others with no feelings of blame. We human beings are not free; we behave like blind machines permanently and automatically reacting to internal and external stimuli. We are inadvertently overdetermined in our attitudes and are ignorant of the real motives for our behavior, even though sometimes we believe ourselves to be free. We are slaves who consciously or unconsciously influence and are influenced by a million and one different things all the time. Thousands of stimuli have an impact on us at every moment, from the energy of the stars to the television screen, from the news in the papers to what the neighbors are wearing. The ability and techniques to influence the behavior of others are just one more stimulus or suggestion, albeit invisible, of great power, and are capable of imposing themselves and predominating in the mind of the other. It is impossible to make the human being more of a slave than he already is. Real freedom is only a possibility for him, only attainable after huge sacrifices.

Food for thoughts.

RE: Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - samba99 - 05-02-2018

It is true that we influence people without being aware. For example praying. If you pray for someone, doesn’t that mean you influcing that person?

RE: Karma, mind influence, psychic. And related topics - JackOfHearts - 05-02-2018

Good and bad doesn't exist, everything is useful and needed. The more someone is lost the more he will have extreme thoughts about something or someone saying for example that this person is very very evil and will be doom for eternity for his hateful atrocity Devlish
We shouldnt even these words good and bad. Some things are more enjoyable and some more painful, both are needed and exist mutually, and cannot exist without the other.