Subliminal Talk
Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination (/Thread-Housework-Motivation-and-Enjoyment-Overcome-Procrastination)

Pages: 1 2

Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Patti - 10-03-2011

I started these two subs a week ago. Never using two subs at once, I have some questions. The only reason I’m listening to two is because I had read on the shop page that Housework Motivation works even better with Overcome Procrastination. Since I’m using 2 at one time, should I still listen for 32 days or should it be increased to 64? Also, how should I balance out the play lists? Right now I have them at 4 hours each. Should I keep it that way or switch it up to maybe 5 hours of one and 3 hours of the other?

I love a clean house but hate to clean, hence why I’m using these subs. I plan on moving within the next two years and have accumulated so much stuff that I’m starting to believe I’m a hoarder!!!! I just happen to have a house big enough and so many places to stuff crap away that it may not be noticed. So basically, I have to start purging, cleaning and organizing my whole house. (And I probably have to play a little less words with friends lol) I'm hoping these subs will help in many area's!

On a side note, I seriously think there is something to down time. Down time to me being when we stop listening to a program. I am coming off of listening to Stop Smoking and I can still feel some effects from it. Even though the final effect of completely quitting smoking did not come into fruition yet, there was always something going on in my subconscious. I know it was working because of the resistance, with me that felt like extreme boredom going on in my subconscious. The funniest feeling was when I made the decision to stop listening and move onto others subs, while I’m waiting for the updated version. I felt this over-whelming feeling of excitement within my subconscious, almost at if it thought, YAY we’re gonna be listening to something more fun! And I couldn’t wait to get to bed that night lol. It was very strange having that feeling because it was mine, yet it wasn’t. Like so many others on this forum, things like this are sometimes hard to explain and put into words. It almost felt like I was two entities….very strange. And just as excited as it was to start something new, I felt a sort of disappointment when I started listening to these new subs. As if to say, well these aren’t any more fun than the stop smoking…meh!

But back to down time. Whenever I would miss a night of listening for one reason or the other, I would always notice the next day, the effects being more prominent. So I expected to feel them when I stopped listening this time too, except what I didn’t expect was feeling them when I started listening to other subs. Basically, I would expect these feelings when the full effects have taking place and I quit completely, but not when the sub hasn’t done it’s full job yet. I wonder how long that type of echo experience will last? Effects being when I don’t have a cigarette for hours or while having one, think…I don’t really want this.

But what I’m wondering is, maybe we should be listening for a week and take the weekend off. I don’t know if this has ever been tested but it just feels like the time off makes the effects more noticeable. Maybe leaving our subconscious’s alone in between sessions actually can be more productive.

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Shannon - 10-07-2011

Patti, it's okay to listen to those two together. I suggest just making a playlist with them on it as the only songs and then repeat the playlist on loop all night.

When you said you are a hoarder, all sorts of alarms went off in my head, because the hoarder personality is one of the most resistant to change.That certainly explains why the Stop Smoking didn't work. I'll take that into consideration when I make the new version.

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Jackie - 10-07-2011

I'm keeping an eye on this one, Patti! Right now I'm looking around my place and it could definitely use a good cleaning, but we've both been sick and too tired and any other number of excuses not to clean. It would be nice to have the urge to clean more often with out being OCD or having to put a lot of thought into it.

Normally my fiance and I keep a pretty clean house, but I always have to force myself into it. I'm like you, I love cleanliness, but I hate the motions to get there. That's what I'd like to overcome. I don't know if AF has housecleaning involved, but I would consider doing this one after I'm done with AF.

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - boromir - 10-07-2011

(10-03-2011, 06:04 AM)Patti Wrote: I started these two subs a week ago. Never using two subs at once, I have some questions. The only reason I’m listening to two is because I had read on the shop page that Housework Motivation works even better with Overcome Procrastination. Since I’m using 2 at one time, should I still listen for 32 days or should it be increased to 64? Also, how should I balance out the play lists? Right now I have them at 4 hours each. Should I keep it that way or switch it up to maybe 5 hours of one and 3 hours of the other?

I love a clean house but hate to clean, hence why I’m using these subs. I plan on moving within the next two years and have accumulated so much stuff that I’m starting to believe I’m a hoarder!!!! I just happen to have a house big enough and so many places to stuff crap away that it may not be noticed. So basically, I have to start purging, cleaning and organizing my whole house. (And I probably have to play a little less words with friends lol) I'm hoping these subs will help in many area's!

On a side note, I seriously think there is something to down time. Down time to me being when we stop listening to a program. I am coming off of listening to Stop Smoking and I can still feel some effects from it. Even though the final effect of completely quitting smoking did not come into fruition yet, there was always something going on in my subconscious. I know it was working because of the resistance, with me that felt like extreme boredom going on in my subconscious. The funniest feeling was when I made the decision to stop listening and move onto others subs, while I’m waiting for the updated version. I felt this over-whelming feeling of excitement within my subconscious, almost at if it thought, YAY we’re gonna be listening to something more fun! And I couldn’t wait to get to bed that night lol. It was very strange having that feeling because it was mine, yet it wasn’t. Like so many others on this forum, things like this are sometimes hard to explain and put into words. It almost felt like I was two entities….very strange. And just as excited as it was to start something new, I felt a sort of disappointment when I started listening to these new subs. As if to say, well these aren’t any more fun than the stop smoking…meh!

But back to down time. Whenever I would miss a night of listening for one reason or the other, I would always notice the next day, the effects being more prominent. So I expected to feel them when I stopped listening this time too, except what I didn’t expect was feeling them when I started listening to other subs. Basically, I would expect these feelings when the full effects have taking place and I quit completely, but not when the sub hasn’t done it’s full job yet. I wonder how long that type of echo experience will last? Effects being when I don’t have a cigarette for hours or while having one, think…I don’t really want this.

But what I’m wondering is, maybe we should be listening for a week and take the weekend off. I don’t know if this has ever been tested but it just feels like the time off makes the effects more noticeable. Maybe leaving our subconscious’s alone in between sessions actually can be more productive.

The echo is what really makes you realize the sub's work, and that is the best part. The motor boat keeps going, and going way after the gas is cut off. After about two years into this now, I am well aware of, MOTOR BOAT, MOTOR BOAT.

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Patti - 10-10-2011

(10-07-2011, 02:09 PM)Shannon Wrote: Patti, it's okay to listen to those two together. I suggest just making a playlist with them on it as the only songs and then repeat the playlist on loop all night.

When you said you are a hoarder, all sorts of alarms went off in my head, because the hoarder personality is one of the most resistant to change.That certainly explains why the Stop Smoking didn't work. I'll take that into consideration when I make the new version.

As far as being a hoarder, mine stems from a more sentimental side of keeping things from my kids that they made me or bought me for way longer than I’ve needed to. Either that or keeping things because someday I’ll use them, but someday never comes. Maybe that type of thinking did in some way hinder the smoking sub. Anything you can think of to put into the updated version, I’m sure will help! Any idea when the culmination of that will come into fruition? (No need to answer if you're in the woods! lol)

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Patti - 10-10-2011

(10-07-2011, 09:17 PM)Boromir Wrote:
(10-03-2011, 06:04 AM)Patti Wrote: I started these two subs a week ago. Never using two subs at once, I have some questions. The only reason I’m listening to two is because I had read on the shop page that Housework Motivation works even better with Overcome Procrastination. Since I’m using 2 at one time, should I still listen for 32 days or should it be increased to 64? Also, how should I balance out the play lists? Right now I have them at 4 hours each. Should I keep it that way or switch it up to maybe 5 hours of one and 3 hours of the other?

The echo is what really makes you realize the sub's work, and that is the best part. The motor boat keeps going, and going way after the gas is cut off. After about two years into this now, I am well aware of, MOTOR BOAT, MOTOR BOAT.

It’s fascinating isn’t it?! Just today, I lit a cigarette and it tasted horrible. I haven’t listened to the stop smoking sub for about 2 weeks. It’s strange how it picks and chooses when to forget about smoking and/or change their taste.

I’ve been so busy doing things for others that I haven’t had a whole lot of time to notice if these subs are working for myself in my own home. But there have been slight differences I’ve seen. There’s been more multi-tasking around the house. And a lighter feeling when doing things that I’ve deemed as a drudgery like laundry or food shopping. I haven’t been over-thinking doing things, just more doing them almost automatically.

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Patti - 10-13-2011

I’m having a slight problem and I’m not sure if it’s because of the subs. I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? Since I’ve been listening to the 4g I have difficulty sleeping. I started out not being able to easily fall asleep so I take an all natural sleeping pill that seems to help a little in that area. But I can’t seem to stay asleep. I wake up many times throughout the night and I always wake up in a jolt. I know when we drink alcohol our bodies don’t get quality sleep because it doesn’t allow us to fall into a deep sleep, kind of like it’s just spinning it’s wheels in one place. That’s sort of what I feel like, that I’m not able to fall into a deep sleep. I was so tired on Monday, that I woke up, had coffee and went back to bed to bed to take a nap which I never do. It’s a shame because the subs are working and I’m getting more done but not as much as I would if I were getting enough sleep. My mind is trying to push me to do things but my body is exhausted. Has anyone else had this problem? Does it pass once my minds gets used to the programs? Or can anyone suggest anything to help?

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Shannon - 10-13-2011

(10-10-2011, 06:56 PM)Patti Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 02:09 PM)Shannon Wrote: Patti, it's okay to listen to those two together. I suggest just making a playlist with them on it as the only songs and then repeat the playlist on loop all night.

As far as being a hoarder, mine stems from a more sentimental side of keeping things from my kids that they made me or bought me for way longer than I’ve needed to. Either that or keeping things because someday I’ll use them, but someday never comes. Maybe that type of thinking did in some way hinder the smoking sub. Anything you can think of to put into the updated version, I’m sure will help! Any idea when the culmination of that will come into fruition? (No need to answer if you're in the woods! lol)

I have a full plate right now, but I am literally working as fast as I (and my quad core i7) can go. Right now it's busy crunching numbers on two simultaneous vocodes, which will take about another hour to complete. I'm about to fire up another core to do another three tracks in a moment. (I am loving how much better this computer can keep up with me, although I suspect I'd need 8 or 16 cores to really equal my computer's calculation ability to my ability to create jobs for it to do.).

Then I have to do a quality control check of the 18 files I created, and after that, process the next customized sub request. Once those are done, I will return to working on the 4G weight loss, 4G stop smoking, and the overcoming abuse aid, which I am working on all at once. (When I work on big projects, it helps for me to have different things going all at once, so that when I approach burnout, I can remain productive by just jumping to working on the next thing.)

It's in the works. Not sure how long it'll take to complete, but I'm working on it. Smile

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Shannon - 10-13-2011

(10-13-2011, 03:58 AM)Patti Wrote: I’m having a slight problem and I’m not sure if it’s because of the subs. I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? Since I’ve been listening to the 4g I have difficulty sleeping. I started out not being able to easily fall asleep so I take an all natural sleeping pill that seems to help a little in that area. But I can’t seem to stay asleep. I wake up many times throughout the night and I always wake up in a jolt. I know when we drink alcohol our bodies don’t get quality sleep because it doesn’t allow us to fall into a deep sleep, kind of like it’s just spinning it’s wheels in one place. That’s sort of what I feel like, that I’m not able to fall into a deep sleep. I was so tired on Monday, that I woke up, had coffee and went back to bed to bed to take a nap which I never do. It’s a shame because the subs are working and I’m getting more done but not as much as I would if I were getting enough sleep. My mind is trying to push me to do things but my body is exhausted. Has anyone else had this problem? Does it pass once my minds gets used to the programs? Or can anyone suggest anything to help?

What you describe is a very rare type of response to the dream usage programming in 4G. It happens when there is a dissonance between the mind, the emotions and the body. You, it seems, have a strongly emotional core. Did it happen using any other 4G program?

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Patti - 10-13-2011

Grrrreeeaaatttt!!!! lol I don’t know Shan, it seems like every time I try to fix one part of myself, I find out something else is broken! **jus’ shaken’ my head* Will my mind, emotions and body eventually blend together and live peacefully as one so I'm not so sleep deprived?? These are the first 4g programs that I’ve used.

(10-13-2011, 02:12 PM)Patti Wrote: Grrrreeeaaatttt!!!! lol I don’t know Shan, it seems like every time I try to fix one part of myself, I find out something else is broken! **jus’ shaken’ my head* Will my mind, emotions and body eventually blend together and live peacefully as one so I'm not so sleep deprived?? These are the first 4g programs that I’ve used.

Please, let's stick with Shannon. It would grate on my nerves even if you were my wife. lol

The instructions are simply to use your dreams to process and make the program more effective. I am not sure I understand exactly why you're having this reaction. It is possible that you're using the instruction too efficiently, and doing nothing but; it is possible that you're trying very hard to resist the instruction. The best thing I can think of for you to do, with what I know currently about why you're having this reaction (next to nothing) is that you take a couple days/nights off and spend some time trying to see if your sleep returns to a more normal state.

And, if it does, we have a decent idea that the reaction is actually being caused by the subliminal. Then, I would start using only one program at a time for a week and see if the sleep irregularities continued again. If not, we know that the problem was trying to use two 4G programs at a time.

Let's figure out specifically what is going on, and then we'll figure out a solution.

Hahahahaha….I didn’t even realize I did that. My niece’s name is Shannon and I call her Shan all the time, or Shanana which would probably really get on your nerves. lol My oldest daughters name is Chantelle and I call her Chan most of the time. I think I like nicknames haha.

That advice all makes sense so I’ll try that.

Thanks!

RE: Housework Motivation and Enjoyment/Overcome Procrastination - Laura - 02-07-2013

(10-13-2011, 03:58 AM)Patti Wrote: I’m having a slight problem and I’m not sure if it’s because of the subs. I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? Since I’ve been listening to the 4g I have difficulty sleeping. I started out not being able to easily fall asleep so I take an all natural sleeping pill that seems to help a little in that area. But I can’t seem to stay asleep. I wake up many times throughout the night and I always wake up in a jolt. I know when we drink alcohol our bodies don’t get quality sleep because it doesn’t allow us to fall into a deep sleep, kind of like it’s just spinning it’s wheels in one place. That’s sort of what I feel like, that I’m not able to fall into a deep sleep.

I've just checked out this thread and came across Patti's changed sleeping patterns. I've been having trouble sleeping for years so I can't say I haven't had any before listening to subs. However, I somehow have the feeling that the ones I'm having now have to do with the subs. I had a horrible night yesterday and the nights before weren't quite as bad, but definitely similar to the ones that Patti describes. Apart from the first 2-4 hours of sleep, I'm awake a lot or just in some kind of napping state (very light sleep). When it's as horrible as it was last night, then I actually want to switch off the sub! I've been so sleepy this afternoon and evening while teaching! I've had one espresso and 3 energy drinks in the last 5 hours and I have to stop myself from buying another caffeinated drink (cause I don't want to have trouble falling asleep).

One thing that helps me with falling asleep (apart from the occasional sleeping drug or binaural beats) is to only go to bed when I'm tired. Sometimes I'm so tired when I finally switch off the lights that I can fall asleep within minutes. However, sometimes I wake up after an hour again and even if I can fall asleep again quickly (which is not always the case), I just keep waking up! I often feel that I don't get much - if any - deep sleep at all!

As I said, in my case I can't be 100% sure it's from the subs, but the sleeping problems I'm having now seem to be a bit different from the ones I had before listening to the subs.

Patti, in case you see this, do you still have the same issues? I'm asking because I've noticed that this is quite an old thread.

BTW I'm a hoarder, too. Not quite as bad as my mother is, but still... One reason I've checked out this thread is because at one point I might want to run the Housework Motivation sub myself. Big Grin