Subliminal Talk
IRMAAA!!! - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: IRMAAA!!! (/Thread-IRMAAA)

Pages: 1 2

IRMAAA!!! - Ruffian - 09-07-2017

You may or may not be aware of hurricane Irma, a category 5 hurricane currently north of Haiti. (Click here for hurricane category definitions.)

Click here to take a look at Irma. (If you don't see the hurricane, be sure the 'Satellite' layer, and the 'active tropical track' and 'active model track' are selected from the "Layers" drop-down menu.)

I know there are at least a handful of IMLers (myself included) living in Florida. I trust that you folks, like me, are getting prepped, preparing to hunker down, and staying safe. We all know the drill.

Many of you know that Shannon also lives in Florida. If he lives where I think he does, there is potential for severe devastation. So Shannon, know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em. Keep you and yours safe above all else.

If Irma makes landfall as a Cat 5, it will probably weaken to a Cat 4, which is still plenty destructive. But this is not a weather report. If anyone who has any mojo with manifesting/visualizing/imagining/reality creation would care to join in, I'm having Irma make a hard right, into the middle of the Atlantic ocean, where her eye wall breaks down, and she dissipates harmlessly.

Thank you.

RE: IRMAAA!!! - RTBoss - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 08:28 AM)Ruffian Wrote: You may or may not be aware of hurricane Irma, a category 5 hurricane currently north of Haiti. (Click here for hurricane category definitions.)

Click here to take a look at Irma. (If you don't see the hurricane, be sure the 'Satellite' layer, and the 'active tropical track' and 'active model track' are selected from the "Layers" drop-down menu.)

I know there are at least a handful of IMLers (myself included) living in Florida. I trust that you folks, like me, are getting prepped, preparing to hunker down, and staying safe. We all know the drill.

Many of you know that Shannon also lives in Florida. If he lives where I think he does, there is potential for severe devastation. So Shannon, know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em. Keep you and yours safe above all else.

If Irma makes landfall as a Cat 5, it will probably weaken to a Cat 4, which is still plenty destructive. But this is not a weather report. If anyone who has any mojo with manifesting/visualizing/imagining/reality creation would care to join in, I'm having Irma make a hard right, into the middle of the Atlantic ocean, where her eye wall breaks down, and she dissipates harmlessly.

Thank you.

Stay safe. Myself, I'd be high-tailin' to Kentucky or something, but that's me. I'm only accosted by tornadoes from time-to-time, nothing compared to these hurricanes.

RE: IRMAAA!!! - Steve_ - 09-07-2017

Hurricanes in the east, fires out west. Fantastic show ain't it.

Mother nature can you chill for a little bit though.

RE: IRMAAA!!! - Ruffian - 09-08-2017

Thanks, RT. To me tornadoes are much worse, as they pop up so quickly. And even in their given path, they can unpredictably touch down or skip over, seemingly at random. At least with hurricanes, you've got plenty of warning. At any rate, these are massive forces at play, and they must be respected.

(09-07-2017, 06:32 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Hurricanes in the east, fires out west. Fantastic show ain't it.

Arsenic, is that you?

RE: IRMAAA!!! - Rocket13 - 09-08-2017

I'm in Miami for Irma. THe sent evacuation orders and what not....I'm staying right here

RE: IRMAAA!!! - RTBoss - 09-08-2017

(09-08-2017, 02:41 AM)Rocket13 Wrote: I'm in Miami for Irma. THe sent evacuation orders and what not....I'm staying right here

Hope you're not in a storm surge area - former FEMA director says Miami won't survive a direct hit...which is exactly what Irma is going to do.

(09-08-2017, 02:41 AM)Rocket13 Wrote: I'm in Miami for Irma. THe sent evacuation orders and what not....I'm staying right here

I've personally been through a handful of hurricanes, none of them a category 5. Hurricane Charley was probably the worst. He was a Cat 4 when he made landfall, and was probably Cat 2 when he hit my house. It sounded like a freight train running through the neighborhood. My roof held, but the wind was blowing the rain sideways, as in parallel to the ground, and some water came down the chimney and into the house because of that.

Irma's track is still shifting, and they're projecting she'll be a 4 when she hits Florida. Once she arrives, your options are void, and you have to ride it out where you are. Just be careful, it's not worth losing your life over.

RE: IRMAAA!!! - Daredevil - 09-08-2017

Irma is Category 6 now.

(09-08-2017, 02:34 PM)Daredevil Wrote: Irma is Category 6 now.

Nice try. Everyone has already read the NOAA hurricane category definitions that clearly show there are only 5 hurricane categories.

Thanks for playing...

RE: IRMAAA!!! - Ars0n1sT - 09-08-2017

(09-08-2017, 12:20 AM)Ruffian Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 06:32 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Hurricanes in the east, fires out west. Fantastic show ain't it.

Arsenic, is that you?

Tao, is that you? Wink

(09-08-2017, 08:14 AM)Ruffian Wrote:

I've personally been through a handful of hurricanes, none of them a category 5. Hurricane Charley was probably the worst. He was a Cat 4 when he made landfall, and was probably Cat 2 when he hit my house. It sounded like a freight train running through the neighborhood. My roof held, but the wind was blowing the rain sideways, as in parallel to the ground, and some water came down the chimney and into the house because of that.

Irma's track is still shifting, and they're projecting she'll be a 4 when she hits Florida. Once she arrives, your options are void, and you have to ride it out where you are. Just be careful, it's not worth losing your life over.
I've been through sooooooo many hurricanes. Andrew, KAtrina, Wilma, Matthew. The evacuation is as bad. Stop and go traffic all on the 95It takes 8 hours to make it out of FL from miami, Its taking 18 now. Flight prices have quadrupled (as did everything else), I'm riding this out.

(09-08-2017, 04:00 PM)Rocket13 Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 08:14 AM)Ruffian Wrote:

I've been through sooooooo many hurricanes. Andrew, KAtrina, Wilma, Matthew. The evacuation is as bad. Stop and go traffic all on the 95It takes 8 hours to make it out of FL from miami, Its taking 18 now. Flight prices have quadrupled (as did everything else), I'm riding this out.

I hear you. Bugging out has it's own set of headaches.

It sounds as if you are a seasoned pro with hurricanes, so I hope you stay safe, dry, and may your power outages be short!

FPL does slimy shit last year during Matthew they cut our power during the storm and we barely had rain. Matthew may have affected other areas of FL but I guess we were lucky it amazed me that our power was out for so long.