Subliminal Talk
Advice for getting past bad experiences? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Advice for getting past bad experiences? (/Thread-Advice-for-getting-past-bad-experiences)

Advice for getting past bad experiences? - maxx55 - 09-06-2017

Hey everyone,

I thought that this community would be the best to ask about something like this. At least, its the best one I know to ask.

I've been going through some of Cory Skyy's stuff. I agree with what he's saying, but I need advice on something. He says to get rid the excuses and the negative thoughts that come up throughout the day, especially when you see an attractive girl. I tend to get unpleasant flashbacks when I see an attractive girl. I've tried thinking of a good memory, but unless I can really focus on it, it doesn't really work. Even when it does, the feeling goes away kinda fast.

Any advice for really squashing these kinds of flashbacks when they happen?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Advice for getting past bad experiences? - Adrien Silva - 09-07-2017

I see you are running dmsi. Hows that going for you?

RE: Advice for getting past bad experiences? - maxx55 - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 02:24 AM)Adrien Silva Wrote: I see you are running dmsi. Hows that going for you?

My bad. I'll update that. I stopped less than a month ago. After about 10 months of usage I didn't see anything concrete. 2.4 (the first version I used) seemed like it was the start of the something but it never built up to or amounted to anything. I may go back to it if I feel that's best.

It'd be great if DMSI is working for me by the final version but some substantial improvements need to be made to the program first, for me at least.

RE: Advice for getting past bad experiences? - Benjamin - 09-07-2017

Quote:I've been going through some of Cory Skyy's stuff. I agree with what he's saying, but I need advice on something. He says to get rid the excuses and the negative thoughts that come up throughout the day, especially when you see an attractive girl. I tend to get unpleasant flashbacks when I see an attractive girl. I've tried thinking of a good memory, but unless I can really focus on it, it doesn't really work. Even when it does, the feeling goes away kinda fast.

Any advice for really squashing these kinds of flashbacks when they happen?

Unfortunately that's only going to work for somebody who is relatively clear, without trauma and flashbacks and such. Trying to overwrite it with positive thoughts or a positive memory does exactly not much except for briefly.

It's just like layering positive thinking on top of the negative thinking, it's okay for a bit but the negativity inevitably comes back through as you've found.

In the end it's going back to these memories, whatever it is you're flashing back to and the other memories that are connected to it and releasing the emotions around that in whichever way you prefer.

Since you aren't using a subliminal then you can try other things. I'd have thought Juliens meditation course would have helped from what i've read on it as it's about allowing yourself to feel the feelings and release them.

But whatever method it is it involves going back to those past experiences, feeling the feelings and making peace with them and releasing them. That might be FasterEFT, Sedona Method, some form of mindfulness, whatever.

RE: Advice for getting past bad experiences? - maxx55 - 09-07-2017

Julien's stuff works to a certain extent. Its best for something that has happened recently from my experience. I looked online to see if others had more success. A lot do, but some say that they still feel the physical sensations in their body of the emotional trauma.

Some were saying to pair Julien's stuff with Elliot's bioenergetics exercises. I saw a couple of his videos on this and just imitated him to get a feel for it. It's mainly to get those physical sensations out of your body and energy to be free. It may be worth it to do sessions with both at the same time, I'll look into it for sure.

Also, I just found that one of Cory's products that's supposed to address negative self image and negative mindsets and beliefs about attractive women. That should be exactly what I need.

RE: Advice for getting past bad experiences? - rayrocanaldo - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 06:41 AM)maxx55 Wrote: Julien's stuff works to a certain extent. Its best for something that has happened recently from my experience. I looked online to see if others had more success. A lot do, but some say that they still feel the physical sensations in their body of the emotional trauma.

Some were saying to pair Julien's stuff with Elliot's bioenergetics exercises. I saw a couple of his videos on this and just imitated him to get a feel for it. It's mainly to get those physical sensations out of your body and energy to be free. It may be worth it to do sessions with both at the same time, I'll look into it for sure.

Also, I just found that one of Cory's products that's supposed to address negative self image and negative mindsets and beliefs about attractive women. That should be exactly what I need.

I recommend trying cory skyy's program called reflekion, I think thats the program you are referring too. I am going to do the library soon. I'll choose his best program possible.

RE: Advice for getting past bad experiences? - Benjamin - 09-08-2017

Quote:Julien's stuff works to a certain extent. Its best for something that has happened recently from my experience. I looked online to see if others had more success. A lot do, but some say that they still feel the physical sensations in their body of the emotional trauma.

Knowing mindfulness type work which I believe his course is similar to, as in allowing yourself to fully feel things until they release can definately be applied to past experiences like other releasing methods.

You might start with the surface stuff, what's happening now, but eventually you'll want to trace it back to the earlier experiences or take it to those memories if you're aware of them and try it from what comes up then. It can take some time, i'm still working on it.

Bioenergetics is interesting, I tried some of Elliot's stuff briefly and read up on it. But it's kind of hard to 'get' without a therapist trained in it. You might be interesed in Somatic Experiencing, I had some sessions during E2 and it was good. It's about allowing your body what it needs to do to get the trauma out.

I don't know about his new products, but Cory's stuff used to be mainly based on affirmations. It can work for some people, and maybe over a very long term it can, but it's basically stacking good stuff on top of shit and if you don't deal with that deeper stuff then it's gonna keep going through and you have to really stay on top of it by hammering the affirmations constantly. I had some interesting results when I was doing it, but it took fucking hours doing it every day and it wasn't something that was relaxing either.

And looking at some files of one of his newer programs on my harddrive that I haven't looked at, looks like he's still only doing affirmations.

I tried his stuff alot in the past, it sounded promising but didn't exactly get me to where he mentioned.

RE: Advice for getting past bad experiences? - maxx55 - 09-08-2017

Thanks Ben, I'll look into Somatic Experiencing. I've seen it mentioned but don't know exactly what it entails.

The reason I'm open to affirmations is because in the past I've had noticeable results from them. Just from writing them everyday and reading them everyday. I actually experienced/manifested most of what I wrote. At times it was surprising because I experienced it, but because I didn't specify how, it happened in a way I didn't expect. If I can release through affirmations, I can see it working for me. It just seems like methods that are more consciously involved have had noticeable results for me.

RE: Advice for getting past bad experiences? - Jay - 09-09-2017

To be fair, and not to sound like a dick but I’m thinking you’re taking “negative” experiences too personal and putting too much emphasis on them. It’s just a reference experience. Everything is just information, it’s how you interpret it and how you respond to it that matters. That’s up for you to decide. Even if you had countless experiences that many people would regard as shameful, awful or whatever, it doesn’t really matter. You made through it, you’re still alive, breathing. That’s the only thing that matters.

Thoughts are just thoughts, regardless of the subject you can change them unless you keep thinking the same things over and over again. And if attractive girls do give you negative experiences, maybe they’re not for you? :d Maybe you should just give them up? :d

I wouldn’t want to put any effort into “squashing” any negative thoughts, I would just focus on creating more positive thoughts and seeing myself as a catch to women. See yourself as a person that has good experiences with women, that attractive women want to be with, that is more than worthy of them etc. etc. regardless of how awkward or untrue it feels at first.

Ask yourself, what would it be like to be a guy that’s attractive to gorgeous women? Who's already enough. How would that look like? How would you respond to them? How would people respond to you? Etc. etc.

Also what Cory mentions in his Magnetic Mindset program, when you wake up (or rather before sleeping) think first of something that makes you happy and/or that you’re grateful for and then go on a roll, see yourself meeting women, making them laugh, challenging them, whatever floats your boat and have fun with it, then just go about your day and keep seeing yourself as a catch.

If you need some inspiration you could always watch some RSD Infield to strengthen the belief that it’s also possible for you, easy etc.

Even if you do happen to get some “negative” experiences again, enjoy it and don’t take it or women that seriously Wink