Subliminal Talk
EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother (/Thread-EHPRA-V2-CatMan-s-Brother)

EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - CatMan - 09-28-2016

After finishing a run with my brother of OF5G for 180 days a couple days ago, I have switched him over to EHPRA 2.0. I wrote a report on that program in the testimonial area of the forum. I plan to keep him on EHPRA 2.0 until EHPRA 3.0, a very long term run. We will see how he responds and if EHPRA 3.0 will even be necessary by then. I thought it would be of value to Shannon, and to the community, to create a public journal to document this run.

Listening Routine:

Single speaker
Ultrasonic
Approximately 12-14 hours per day of listening time

Day 1:

-He reported that sleep is easy to fall into. He would many times struggle to sleep on OF5G. I think that could be the emotional shield of E2, buffering him from the changes taking place under the surface. As well as the increased words per second, creating further demand on his mind making him more tired, indirectly helping the ability to sleep.

-He had a dream, about a former relationship partner. In real life, the end of that relationship was very painful and trying, for him and for our family. In the dream, he sat with them, and they caught up about things with each other and things were peaceful and amicable. It's obvious to me he felt inside that the relationship ended on terrible terms, and needed to resolve a lot of that at last, as it's been several years, maybe 7-10 years since.

Day 2:

-He again mentioned the easiness in getting to sleep. This is fantastic, as he would often struggle with getting to sleep peacefully, as I said before.

-He had a dream about back when he was a young boy and in the gifted program at school. In real life, there was a boy in it, that was the "popular guy", and he was a real arrogant, elitist jerk to my brother and treated him like garbage. In the dream, my brother and this guy were taking and buddying it up, and he was really cool to my brother. Obviously, my brother either wanted to be like him, or at least have his friendship/approval. This has been about 30 years since the gifted class with that kid, and my brother hasn't thought about him since forever, a VERY long time. Likely decades we're talking.

So, so far, good progress. I will continue to update this journal over time with EHPRA 2.0 goodness. Let's see what this sub can do over the long term, shall we?!

RE: EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - Mafioso - 09-28-2016

Interesting..why dosen't your brother start his own journal?

RE: EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - ffaux - 09-28-2016

I don't mean to interfere in your relationship with your brother but don't you think you're being controlling despite your interest in helping him?

RE: EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - RTBoss - 09-29-2016

(09-28-2016, 11:22 PM)ffaux Wrote: I don't mean to interfere in your relationship with your brother but don't you think you're being controlling despite your interest in helping him?

No one can force anyone to do anything. I haven't been successful convincing any friends or family to run anything, not even the free programs.

RE: EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - ArcticFox - 09-29-2016

(09-28-2016, 09:03 PM)CatMan Wrote: Single speaker

Stereo speaker?

RE: EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - CatMan - 09-29-2016

(09-28-2016, 10:43 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Interesting..why dosen't your brother start his own journal?

My brother won't be coming to the forum.

But him and I feel that giving information, especially about a long term run like this can help Shannon. And others, too. So, instead of not posting a journal like with OF5G, this run will have an online journal.

(09-28-2016, 11:22 PM)ffaux Wrote: I don't mean to interfere in your relationship with your brother but don't you think you're being controlling despite your interest in helping him?

I don't understand what you mean at all. I'm not sure where I gave such an impression.

I got his feet wet in OF5G for 6 months, he did good on it. Then I hooked him up with E2 to continue his development long term as that's what he needs. He has zero interest in AM/SM/WM and what not.

(09-29-2016, 10:52 AM)RTBoss Wrote:

No one can force anyone to do anything. I haven't been successful convincing any friends or family to run anything, not even the free programs.

My brother knows about my sub use. He's the only one in the family to, my parents either wouldn't understand, or refute it, or freak out and be worried I was frying my brain, probably the third in my Mother's case. Anyway, he's seen the highs and lows in my journey. He wanted to try them, so I hooked him up with OF5G for 180 days, hoping to clear his panic attacks. Ran that, now I hooked him up with E2 long term, to see what that will unearth. Hopefully E2 will get rid of them forever, as well as the typical E2 goodness along the way.

I've been supportive beyond belief with him throughout my life and helping him with his very serious issues often. I think FFaux read deep into something, maybe, that's all. No harm done.

(09-29-2016, 11:39 AM)ArcticFox Wrote:

Stereo speaker?

It's a speaker I've recommended here often.

UE Mini Boom. Fantastic little speaker, bluetooth if you choose to use that but I just keep it plugged in. It can handle ultrasonic perfectly. VERY good speaker for sub use, can't say enough about them.

Yes, it IS a stereo speaker, but there's only one of them used. His room doesn't have a table on the other side of the bed for a second speaker as the bed is against a wall. So only one has been used for OF5G for 180 days, and will be used for the E2 run.

Day 3:

-He had vivid dreams, but can't quite recall what they were about.

-Also reported trouble sleeping last night, like his mind was racing and thinking of lots of different things. Ah, it begins, haha! However, when he did finally get to sleep, his sleep quality was excellent.

-He says too that since starting it, he feels a calmness, a relaxed clarity, different from his experience on OF5G that tended to make him feel somewhat more tense and on edge compared to this. He really enjoys the warm, relaxed calm feeling, especially since he suffers panic attacks, this could be a good sign that this program will work wonders on him for that. The emotional shield on E2 is doing it's thing for him while working underneath. I'm very happy to hear this.

RE: EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - ArcticFox - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 12:41 PM)CatMan Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 11:39 AM)ArcticFox Wrote:

Stereo speaker?

It's a speaker I've recommended here often.

UE Mini Boom. Fantastic little speaker, bluetooth if you choose to use that but I just keep it plugged in. It can handle ultrasonic perfectly. VERY good speaker for sub use, can't say enough about them.

Yes, it IS a stereo speaker, but there's only one of them used. His room doesn't have a table on the other side of the bed for a second speaker as the bed is against a wall. So only one has been used for OF5G for 180 days, and will be used for the E2 run.

AFAIK the UE Mini Boom is not a stereo speaker. Stereo is only available when 2 UE Mini Booms speakers are paired.

If you listen to subs with a mono speaker setup you will get less than half of the subs effectiveness (or something to that effect, i think 50%)

I agree they are great speakers, but for a speaker setup to be fully effective with Shannon's subs they need to be in a stereo setup, so in this case you will need to pair 2 of them in stereo mode.

Hi Articfox,

I've had the speaker and used it for a long time, it's fantastic for subs in particular because it can easily handle ultrasonic, and being so small, it's perfect. The feature they have to link two speakers for a left and right channel running independently using a device is neat, but impractical for my brother's room. So I only have the one running in there, and have for 6 months for his OF5G run. The feature wording for these, can seem confusing, as if the speaker can only ever run one channel.

And yes, obviously I fully understand the issue of stereo and mono and how much of a difference in performance there is, thanks.

Back on focus, I forgot to add one thing to today's journal. I will do so, now.

RE: EHPRA V2: CatMan's Brother - ffaux - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 12:38 PM)CatMan Wrote:

My brother knows about my sub use. He's the only one in the family to, my parents either wouldn't understand, or refute it, or freak out and be worried I was frying my brain, probably the third in my Mother's case. Anyway, he's seen the highs and lows in my journey. He wanted to try them, so I hooked him up with OF5G for 180 days, hoping to clear his panic attacks. Ran that, now I hooked him up with E2 long term, to see what that will unearth. Hopefully E2 will get rid of them forever, as well as the typical E2 goodness along the way.

I've been supportive beyond belief with him throughout my life and helping him with his very serious issues often. I think FFaux read deep into something, maybe, that's all. No harm done.

It seems from the way you wrote about the situation that you're making a lot of the choices and decisions around what he runs and how long. I feel like maybe these are choices he should be making himself, particularly with E2 where you're not meant to be listening to it continuously but listen to your subconscious when it tells you to take a break. All of this together gave me the impression that you're being controlling with your brother in the interest of helping him. It sounds like he looks up to you, does he defer other decisions to you as well? If so, "helping" him might actually undermine his self-efficiacy and therein undermine his growth. But I might have misunderstood the situation and if that's the case I apologise.

(09-29-2016, 03:13 PM)ffaux Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 12:38 PM)CatMan Wrote:

It seems from the way you wrote about the situation that you're making a lot of the choices and decisions around what he runs and how long. I feel like maybe these are choices he should be making himself, particularly with E2 where you're not meant to be listening to it continuously but listen to your subconscious when it tells you to take a break. All of this together gave me the impression that you're being controlling with your brother in the interest of helping him. It sounds like he looks up to you, does he defer other decisions to you as well? If so, "helping" him might actually undermine his self-efficiacy and therein undermine his growth. But I might have misunderstood the situation and if that's the case I apologise.

He came to me because I have ran subs for a long time and he wanted to run them. So I'm guiding him, and know his issues and what he needs.

He IS choosing himself to run OF5G, and now E2...I don't have a gun to his head. He isn't listening to E2 continuously, I said 12-14 hours per day.

He does look up to me, he has psychiatric problems. But that doesn't mean I'm forcing him to listen to a sub, or being "controlling". In his case, him having full autonomy is impossible, and very dangerous. For now, getting rid of panic attacks and resolving old traumas would be panacea. We'll see if it can be done in time.