Subliminal Talk
Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal (/Thread-Baby-This-is-Ignition-Ampers-d-s-BASE-2-1-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-30-2017

@Blink, it's on political discourse and rhetoric, focusing on intellectual self-defense, or how to avoid being defamed, how to spot propaganda, and how to contribute to the political discussion in a meaningful way.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-30-2017

Stage 1, Day 5,

I'm at page 17 out of 242. I have so many references lol. It's going well, and I think that once I'm past the introduction, I'll be able to streamline this.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-31-2017

Stage 1, Day 6,

I'm at page 25. I've finished the introduction in my spare moments at work (I had a lot of those).
I'm feeling demotivated, and I don't want to launch myself into Chapter 1, or be productive now that I'm at home. That's fine, I expect this is a matter of mild resistance to the program; I feel content, and I might even skip Jiu Jitsu class today and go hang out in the sun before there's no more sunlight.

EDIT: I took a really lazy approach to the rest of my day. I feel as though my 'assertiveness', 'ultra motivation', and 'persistence' are being challenged, since I'm zapped of any motivation to persue my book (normally I'm crazy about doing that), and progress has been very slow.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-01-2017

Stage 1, Day 7,

I'm at page 38. I'm partway through Chapter 1; I realize that I might cut out a portion of the book at page 195. So, I'm getting closer! I'll try to get to 55 tomorrow.

Today, I felt more motivated, more talkative to my manager, and more willing to hit this book hard. It didn't quite work out like that; I got distracted with my book, but I'm moving along.

I like the way I feel while I'm on this subliminal; Oh! and sleep is much better; I feel like I'm getting a better night's sleep.

EDIT: But, I'm full of self-doubt; my internal monologue is about: I can't do X because : it costs money/I don't know how to make money/ I'll lose motivation / it's risky / I'm already ineffective at my job / I'll lose money and go into debt, etc.

It's very annoying; it might sway tonight. I'll blast BASE while I sleep tonight.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-02-2017

I'm sub-consciously undermining the quality of my book.
I'm telling myself: "I have to write today; ah, well, it won't do any good."

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-03-2017

Stage 1, Day 8,

I completed page 42. I'm very tired, but I think I'm making good progress, since I reviewed about 5 pages from yesterday. It's getting tighter and tighter. These last four pages were research-heavy.

It's a grind, yo. I'll call it a day tonight in order to wake up fresh as early as I can.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-03-2017

Stage 1, Day 9,

I'm finishing page 49. I'm making the book longer and longer. It was 235 when I started Draft #3. Now it's 248. But, I suspect that I can be finished with the main content after draft #3 (but I need to finish certain things after the fact).

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-05-2017

Stage 1, Day 11,

I finished Chapter 1 at 70 cumulative pages (of 261). That's about 10 pages a day for the last 2 days. Chapter 2 will be much easier, while Chapter 3 will be a breeze. Chapter 4 will be a joke. While (currently non-existent) Chapter 5 might be a challenge.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-06-2017

Stage 1, Day 12,

Today was a write-off; I wrote three paragraphs at work, but I've got a weird sore-throat brain fog thing. I've rested about 3 hours after work, and I'm going to bed an hour and a half early.

I wouldn't be able to produce anything valuable today, and I might as well rest up and get my clear thinking back tomorrow.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-07-2017

Stage 1, Day 13,

I spent 9 hours in bed, and it was a sore-body, wake up every 20 minutes kind of sleep. So, I took the day off work. I relaxed until 10:30am, then slept in until 1:30pm. I felt much better after waking up. Then, I took it easy the rest of the day. I was able to get through 9 pages of my book. I was right about it taking much less time once I finished Chapter 1.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-08-2017

Stage 1, Day 14,

I got through 7 pages of my book; now at page 85 (of page 261); the length will be cut down considerably once I get past chapter 3. It's exciting, but a slow burn; this will still take a while.

EDIT: i should comment that I had a mild breakdown (tears) in front of my singing teacher over not making progress, I fell sick the next day, I "lost" my wallet today; a lot of stuff thrown at me, but it doesn't feel like a big deal (it isn't really, compared to what a lot of people go through).

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-09-2017

Stage 1, Day 15,

Got through 13 pages of my book; I'm not at page 98. Something switched inside of me, where I told myself: "Okay, Dan, stop goofing off, I don't care if you're sick" and I was able to focus my attention much better from then on. Plus, I was very productive, considering there were a lot of references. I'll need to keep investigating how tough-love self-talk works on my productivity levels.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-10-2017

Stage 1, Day 16,

Got through 0 pages of my book, but I re-did some work that I didn't
Hard to describe how I have negative interest in writing the next chapter in my book. It's like a tractor beam pulling me away. I REALLY hope that this is a function of subconscious resistance, since I'm really looking forward to executing the 'Ultra' modules, since 'ultra' means extremely, and I have been neither extremely productive nor extremely motivated during BASE, although I've had spurts from both.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 06-11-2017

Stage 1, Day 17,

Today was productive, considering the small amount of time I had to work on it today. I finished 7.5 pages today, and it was pretty technical stuff. But, Chapter 3 is looking coherent.

It would be awesome to finish this chapter by Wednesday. Then, there's more stuff on Chapter 4 that needs to move to Chapter 3. Then, chapter 4 is 'Grammar'. And, Media Bias and Propaganda is Chapter 5.