Subliminal Talk
DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) (/Thread-DMSI-2-4-Test-Log)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 10-07-2016

-So, for last few days, have been experiencing pain in the neck and traps muscles. Not sure if it's some sort of resistance or if it's even got anything to do with the sub at all.

-Today I feel a bit of warmth in the body and out of my palms.

-Yesterday, while on an escalator, a woman passed me and then stood a few steps below me giving me unobstructed view of her bum. When she got off the escalator she looked back at me for a second. (Is this what's called a butt display?)

-Feel low on motivation to anything.

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 10-08-2016

-Feeling like I don't want to see/meet people
-Have lots of things to do (take care of), but haven't got the motivation to get them done
-Felt irritable when people asked me probing questions to know more about how I was feeling
-Feeling a little indecisive as well

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - chaosvrgn - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 04:16 PM)hunk Wrote: -Feeling like I don't want to see/meet people
-Have lots of things to do (take care of), but haven't got the motivation to get them done
-Felt irritable when people asked me probing questions to know more about how I was feeling
-Feeling a little indecisive as well

Feeling the exact same way today. Interesting how so many people follow the same pattern.

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 10-10-2016

-Pain in the neck continues (radiating to head sometimes) and I don't know why!
-Today I felt like I was speaking/talking a lot more than I normally would while talking to an intern at work
-Got really irritated at someone at work yesterday. After a night's sleep and 5 loops of sub, I felt more rational and at ease.

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 10-13-2016

-Pain in neck/shoulder area continues. Not sure if I should go see a doctor or maybe stop listening to the sub to see if that helps. I don't even know if it's got anything to do with the sub, but nothing has happened to me physically to have caused it.

-I recently started noticing that I am not doing anything to create opportunities to meet women. I just go to work, do my daily stuff - go to shops etc. and catch up with friends. No really new opportunities to meet women in a context where they are in my vicinity for extended periods of time (outside of work and friends). I'm going to start to do something about it.

-One good thing I've recently noticed is that for last 3-4 days, people at work have been a lot nicer to me (both males and females). Of course, I've been treating them with respect and being nice to them as well - even though a few of them irritate me and can drive me nuts at times (mostly during the past month).

-Also, I have started feeling slightly different sensations in the body for last 3-4 days. It's as if something has changed. I was thinking about it that this feeling of change started at about a month plus 5 days since I started the sub. Let's say it's 35 or 36 days of running the sub. If I discount the 2 days I wasn't able to listen to the sub, it pretty much coincides with 32 days that we're told to listen to listen to the sub for - at the minimum. Not sure if it's my mind just trying to find a pattern of it's really a change!

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 11-03-2016

OK... so I switched to v2.5 for two weeks (not sure if it was 13 days or 14). Now I'm back to v2.4 (since the night of 28th Oct).

The transition period felt very good. As if the effects of v2.5 and v2.4 were overlapping. One day after switching back to v2.4 I got a $7.5 sandwich for $4.5. They guy said it was cut in half so he would charge me for the price of a smaller one. Now two things: I'm a straight male and this discount was given by another male, so a bit confused. Is it the respect from guys thing?

Anyway, some of the symptoms I experience while the first run of v2.4 (e.g. strange front of the face headache - in eye/forehead region, pain in shoulder/neck area, vision issues - difficulty in seeing things up close) are back with lesser intensity, though. I'll keep an eye out to see if it gets too much.

On emotional front, I've been extremely frustrated dealing with people at work. There was a lot of politics going on. I decided to confront the people (two women) instead of complaining to the manager. I think this is a bit of a change. I like it... because I felt like I was shying away from confrontation a bit. Not sure if it was some fear or something else.

One of the women accused me of attacking her. I think I need to be able to smile on the outside even if I'm seething on the inside. I also realise that going through improvements in life will probably not going to be a piss in the park. I may go through extreme stress and tough times. Hopefully, I'll come out better in the end.

But then, I recently read on one of the journals where someone posted (was it Shannon) that we don't necessarily have to suffer and go through pain to grow (something on those lines). It will be ideal, if that's possible - instructed by sub, being put into positions where we learn by observing others in circumstances which may help improve us.

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 11-07-2016

So... this run of v2.4 feels different to the previous one.

A few differences:
* On this one, I'm feeling tingling sensations around head/neck/shoulder area often. While on my first run, I only experienced it while running v2.4 for first couple of days.

* Productivity is not the same as what I experienced the first time around. I definitely do have thoughts of wanting to be more organised and want to declutter, but I'm not doing a lot towards that end. While during the first run, I actually made some headway.

* I feel like I don't have enough hours in the day to do the things I want to do and so I end up not even starting.

* The physical effects are not as pronounced as they were the first time around. I do feel the strange eye/forehead frontal pain and difficulty reading up close. But the headache/eye-ache isn't as bad - unless I've not go used to it.

* The quality of sleep has become worse. Today I woke with with red, almost dry eyes... as if I've barely had any sleep. (Woke up after about 6 - 6:30 hours of sleep by a dream where a bat was trying to squeak in my ear - not sure if it was attacking me, but it sure seemed like it was trying to convey a message).

* Last night I found $20 note on the way to home from work. I have found money even without the subs in the past, not sure if it's the sub or something else.

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 11-08-2016

So... listened to v2.4 for 10 days. Now I'm going to switch to v1. Meeting a hottie tomorrow, let's see how v1 fares. (last loop of v2.4: 7th night)

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 11-16-2016

Back to v2.4 for last two days. Listening to v1 wasn't a great experience.

v2.4 is much smoother and calmer compared to v1.

I haven't noticed any external effects in last couple of days. I do however note many internal effects:
*v2.4 puts a lot of pressure on the eye area. The vision gets impacted. As if all of a sudden within days my ability to read things up closed has greatly diminished.

*Weight gain and growing waistline (stomach, actually) are annoying Sad I wonder if anything can be done about it in future versions.

Also... something weird happened yesterday. Usually, I listen to v2.4 at night. Yesterday, I decided to listen to it at work. Around the 40 minute mark I felt pain in the chest. I have no idea what that was about. Lasted a few minutes.

Then someone came to speak to me (at work) so I took out one of the earphones out so I could listen to what this person had to say. This person must have spoken to me for 5-7 minutes. After he went away I put the other earphone back in as well and did not experience the pain in chest after that.

Although, I did feel funny in the head after that - a strange ungrounded/unsettled, not relaxed, not at peace feeling in the head. Any ideas what that could have been about?

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 11-23-2016

Just a few updates.

Since my last update, I've been feeling very low on energy. People can see that I'm exhausted; my eyes are red; little bags have appeared under the eyes.

I have only been able to listen to v2.4 every alternate day. Every other day I am too exhausted to even switch on the sub. On the nights I listen to sub, my sleep is very light and I wake up within 5 hours or so.

The night of 22nd November was my last run and I woke up in the middle of 4th loop.

Going to stop listening to v2.4 for a week and hopefully sleep quality will improve too.

RE: DMSI 2.4 (Test Log) - hunk - 11-25-2016

Looks like I'm seeing some post-run effects of v2.4. Surprisingly, the best so far Smile

So, I attended a short course (a 2 hour session, essentially) at a community college. There was this girl I noticed during the session, but she wasn't really my type.

When the session finished she actually found an excuse to stay back a little and talked to me. We started walking out together and she was often walking too close to me - bumping into me while walking and our upper arms touching each other. We spoke and talked about various topics for about half an hour. A very intense and high energy conversation for about 30-40 minutes.

There were a few points in the conversation where I felt like she was taking on the role of the pursuer and was doing things typically I would do when I was interested in a girl. For example, she offered to buy me a coffee (timeframe not specified) and walked with me to where I was supposed to go rather than me walking with her to where she was supposed to go. She found a silly reason to high five me. Also, with the things she was telling me: that her friends say she's intelligent, speaks many languages, has lived in many places in the world etc. it felt like she was trying to qualify herself.

Eventually, I decided I should be going home (my sleep quality on and after DMSI has been very bad) and I have been having trouble getting to work on time. Plus my place looks like a grenade exploded there (things on the floor etc. - yes, it's crap and looks like I've lost all motivation to clean up). We exchanged numbers and off we went our separate ways.

After that I sent her a message and she responded immediately. I sent another message and she took almost an entire day to respond to it. This was the bit that confused me a bit. I didn't see any rings on her fingers at all and the way she seemed interested in me I seriously doubt she has a boyfriend either.

Anyway, I have to say this has been my most positive experience of an interaction with a member of the opposite gender since starting DMSI where I felt like the girl was putting more effort than I was in trying to be with me and to speak to me. Looking forward to v3.

SIDE EFFECTS
By the way, now that I've stopped listening to subs for a few days, there are a few things I'd classify as side effects of DMSI (they have certainly affected me, not sure others have been impacted by DMSI in the same way):
  • Quality of sleep has gone downhill on DMSI. Every single morning I wake up exhausted with red eyes. I'd much appreciate if someone could suggest a solution to this or if Shannon could take care of this in the next version. I have been taking vitamins and fish oil, but they haven't helped in this case.
  • Messy living quarters. After a few weeks on DMSI I lost all motivation to clean up my living quarters and my place looks like a big mess. Yes, someone on the forum mentioned that everyone's place is messy. But I now have my mess not only on the tables and chairs, but also on the floor. This for me is a new low. Again, would much appreciate if Shannon could do something about it in the next version.
  • Weight gain. I gained a lot of weight (7-8 Kg or about 15-17 pounds during approximately last 3 months). My belly is visibly bigger too. This is causing me not to fit in my current clothes and I'd really appreciate if Shannon could do find a way to counteract this bit.

All the best for v3, Shannon. Keep it up and thanks for your efforts and work on DMSI.