Subliminal Talk
(Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal (/Thread-Encore-Turn-Up-the-BASE-My-Entrepreneurial-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - heavysm - 07-26-2016

Stage 1 day 7

Feeling more tension now since everything is sort of a waiting game before i start the copy stuff.

A few things sort of resolved themselves, and I'm grateful for all that. This means that the loose ends from using E2 are slowly getting taken care of.

Right now there's just a lot of thinking and contemplating surrounding the copy biz and executing that properly. I need to connect to the right people, get in the right circles, so that by the last quarter of this year I am working with people who aren't on the low end of the pricing spectrum.

I just can't deal with the minimum budget people for very long, if at all, because I'll be stuck charging almost nothing for my services like a lot of the people i dealt with in my traffic biz starting out.

So it's the same 'branding' issue, just a different industry. I know many who have charged $3 - 5k for projects whose quality is something that i could easily do at my current skill level. Just imagine once i amp up my skillset and selling level so that I actually get paid what I'm worth.

The primary challenge i see going forward as i deal with bigger clients is actually getting paid for royalties, should that be case of the projects i work with.

My associates so far have all agreed it can be relatively easy (for them) to do $15k with 5% royalties on a product. But collecting on those royalties after the fact can be a bitch.

Once the customer has your ad / sales copy / whatever in their mind they don't need you anymore, so why would they pay you?

We can point to legal pages and what they 'legally' have to do all we want, but there seems to be a crap load of feet dragging when it comes to clients actually paying up those extra fees.

Anyway, that's been on my mind for the past day. These aren't small issues, but they're also quite a ways down the line. If i come across this during a project this year, something magical and amazing has just happened. This is what i call a good problem; something that's obviously a challenge but holds waaaay more positives than the discomfort of dealing with it.

And as you can see BASE has already started to shift my business mind back into place a bit. I am tense, but happy.

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - heavysm - 07-27-2016

Stage 1 day 8

I'll need to do more testing, but I think I have found a way to offset the anger and irritation that happens from dealing with BASE resistance.

This was literally an overnight shift, but it includes two bought tools, one of which I've already mentioned in my last BASE journal, but another which is totally new (but i learned about from another user on the forum).

So this is all pretty exciting. As i said this was an overnight shift that started a few days ago, but the results are too obvious to ignore.

People now appear to be warmer / kinder, and I've had a handful of incidences so far where people go out of their way to thank me for things i do anyway. So that's a really good sign. As we know already, the resistance from BASE tends to fall along the lines of increased anger, tension, irritability, and tension when dealing with others etc.

I'll push with this experiment for a couple more weeks to see what else happens, but for now results are very promising

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - Ampersnd - 07-28-2016

This is exciting stuff; I love that you're able/willing to change fields on a dime.

I'm going to run BASE after drilling Max Learning Speed into my skull for enough time, so this is something to look forward to.

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - heavysm - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 05:47 AM)DanAmerson Wrote: This is exciting stuff; I love that you're able/willing to change fields on a dime.

I'm going to run BASE after drilling Max Learning Speed into my skull for enough time, so this is something to look forward to.

Take note that MLS is already in BASE. That's one of the supreme benefits of this thing, it already has soooo much in it.

I say once you have 3 months of MLS in your system, BASE can act as sort of maintenance to keep that fresh (permanent) for you.

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - heavysm - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 09:20 AM)WriterDan Wrote: I've been following your thread because I've been looking at BASE. I do have a few questions if you don't mind.

1-How has BASE helped with you figuring out what you want to do or what kind of business/industry you want to learn, get better at and make money in?
2-Do you find your motivation increasing to learn more about this industry and be more proactive in this industry in general?
3-How has this program helped with your procrastination?

I, myself am a writer and I like to self-publish. I was talking to Shannon about this the other day how I really wanted a writing subliminal to be more dedicated to writing and find more enjoyment doing so. Mostly, I self-publish my own books and then market myself. But, I suppose I am scared to do BASE because I see it more as focused on making money quickly in whatever way possible vs. doing something you love and finding a way to make money doing it.

Do you believe BASE really helps out to find more enjoyment in your career/niche and have that insane motivation to do your best, be the best and stick with your field or passion? Or do you find it more of figuring out what makes the most money in the world and striving after get rich quick methods or niches that are hot?

Well greetings to a fellow writer (kindle?). I write on kindle and plan to do so long term as it's more of a passion for me rather than a strict money maker.

1) This happens in the first stage, or at least for me it did. I've had this happen two times so far; when I first started BASE almost exactly a year ago and this past March when i discovered and decided to get into copywriting. Stage 1 should help you discover this.

What's funny is that prior to my first run of BASE I thought it was going to guide me in expanding my kindle book publishing. Nope. It guided me to a profitable industry that suited my situation, knowledge and talents. Though I will readily admit that Shannon's subs are not the only tool I use (i can't mention these openly as it breaks rule 4 of the forum).

2) Yes and yes. For example, when i first got into the traffic biz I was pretty aggressive about founding out what worked, what didn't, and ultimately what worked best for me which is quite a bit different from what might incidentally work well for others.

3) It has increased my productivity as focused on my industry, but I still procrastinate on occasion. This appears to be a module Shannon is going to upgrade in BASE 6G, though he did say that procrastinating is a product of hesitancy related to guilt, shame and fear (he made some yoda-like wisdom filled post on his journal about this).

Ultimate Writer 5.5 or 6G will be out sometime next year, which is why I am currently running BASE to kill time in a sense. Oh yeah, and to be ready to start up my new copy biz! Can't forget that can I?

Your question about having a specific writing sub is something many of us here on the forum have been waiting on for a while. It appears that 2017 will be the launch year for that particular sub, which will include everything to make a writer happily write more in a more organized and productive / efficient fashion, but also have that writing be seen and noticed by our happy audiences.

Let's just say that this sub is so important that I'm not willing to focus and expand my kindle publishing until that sub is released. That's why I'm getting into copywriting for now because it's persuasive writing and only slightly different story telling than what I do in my fiction pieces. Oh, and the money is excellent lol

Hope that answers your questions Wink

(07-28-2016, 10:52 AM)WriterDan Wrote: Interesting about the copywriting, now I'm wondering if that was something you had considered learning for a long time or if it just sprung up at you, like "Oh shit today I gotta learn some copywriting" Lol. Curious how proactive you were in figuring out you wanted to do it vs. just discovering it or realizing it was something you wanted. Think that is my main issue is figuring out what I like to do or want to do.

I wasn't actively considering it before, but when the realization hit it was like a lightening bolt. A lot of my more insightful moments make me feel as if something knocked me off my feet, so that might just be me. But the decision happened all at once and when I started thinking about why I shouldn't do copywriting, none of those reasons were very good and / or were mostly fear based. So I know I was just trying to convince myself out of it due to fear based BS.

And then i realized that It was primarily fear that has kept me from becoming a copywriter all along. I have like 300 gigs of material on my computer of copy related courses I've collected over the years. So this is like cosmic timing, if there is such a thing. I have the material, I have the intermediate / advanced marketing background, and i have the deep determination to get it to work. Check, check andddd...check. Literally nothing holding me back now.

In regards to barrier to entry and worry that I might not become successful in branding myself...these were the exact same worries i had when first starting my traffic biz. Everything was against me, but I knew i could make it work. And i did.

I seriously think BASE could help you possibly find a profitable niche / market that you could explore and possibly make work for you while also doing the self publishing on the side. This is literally what I'm doing now and BASE helped me do it.

Stage 1 day 9

Manifestation experiments are on fire lately.

I did some minor research to find some nice flowers as a birthday present for my mother (she's really in plants; her backyard looks like a jungle of exotic mixtures she has put together).

Obviously any nearby florist wanted to charge a metric ton for a decent arrangement that looked like it actually has flowers in it (I'm not willing to settle for a fluffed up bouquet with 2 roses and all the pseudo-flowers in between).

Then i stop by at my local grocery store and the florist there starts talking to me about custom arrangements she can do. Let's just say that i ended up maxing out the number of flowers the vase could handle. Got a beautiful arrangement that would cost $70 - $100+ at a normal place for something like $30.

That is pretty amazing to me, considering I only went to the store to grab some gummy worms (it was a craving, don't judge me) and some ice tea.

I definitely did not expect to come out with the flower equivalent of a black Friday sale.

I have some other experiments cooking, but everything so far has been a tremendous hit. Can't wait to see more come to fruition!

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - heavysm - 07-30-2016

Stage 1 day 11

Over the past day or two it has felt as if the stars are aligning and the universe is conspiring to get me what i want.

Three things have positively come to pass. One was a long term want that randomly actualized, one medium range, and the last was short range since i just decided i wanted it.

All three have come in coincidental and/or synchronistic fashion; meaning that their occurrence was mostly out of the blue though two involved me actively looking for the things.

The long term thing was a long lost high school essay which i've dubbed my personal favorite of my grade school years. I thought it was gone and lost, but a random searching of my hotmail account turned it up (i had to search using misspelled wording, which is why it was so hard to find - a small mistake in the email from long ago).

So that was a decade long search that just now, this moment, came to me.

The medium range thing was to upgrade my phone with Sprint. They have been crap with customer support this past year, and i was last told i needed to pay some $300ish fee with monthly payments to get a new phone. Uhhhh, how about not?

Then it turns out that the customer service rep was just a dillweed about pulling up my account. I went back to change a few billing details and the guy was asking why i didn't upgrade my phone. I told him what i had been told, and he laughed saying that it didn't sync up with what he saw on the screen. I am due for a free phone upgrade, the only cost being the activation for $30. WOW. After a year or so of settling for my phone this now comes up as an amazing hit.

I've had my Galaxy s3 since it came out, but obviously there's been some upgrades, so it really does feel as if the stars are aligning for me ($30 fee being negligible).

And then the business related short term one just came in right now. It was knowledge. It's a bit hard to describe, but lets say it deals directly with learning how to start out strong as a newby freelance copywriter and to have momentum, thrive etc.

I estimate the connections I've made and the knowledge I've gained today for these new serendipitous networking connections to be almost priceless (though the hourly rates of these dudes ive connected with are around $500 - 1k each) for the value I've retained, but actual value is around $2k for the value I have literally to take away in knowledge today as I walked away with new ideas. Who knows what these connections amount to later on, but i'm stoked (happy / delighted / ecstatic) as f%^k right now, literally jumping up and down from how happy this has made me.

It is a literal and incredibly accurate statement to say that my manifestation experiments are on fire right now. I'm aiming a bit higher for each week that progresses, but holy shit man. Just imagine asking the universe for like $5k and somehow it just manifests within a few days. That's how I've felt these past few days, and WoW does it feel good Big Grin

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - Ampersnd - 07-30-2016

Awesome results!

On your mention that MLS is in BASE; I had known that; however, I have a specific set of learning-related goals that I'd like to conquer before I throw myself into BASE headlong.

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - eternity - 07-30-2016

damn, son! that's so awesome to hear! i'm glad the manifestation efforts are on fire. i actually am very curious if it was the luck magnifier in action? Do you have any prior experience doing manifestation?

(07-25-2016, 08:46 AM)heavysm Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 02:40 AM)Ivaylo Wrote: Across all my runs there's been the same common theme:

- In stages 1 and 2 I experience major reality shifts where the best I could do was to surrender and trust that everything will fit together eventually... and then adapt when I finally figure it out... aaand repeat. Quite often the sub doesn't wait for me to figure one thing out before it hits me with the next. Definitely worth it in the long run, but the benefits are not immediate.

- In stages 3 and 4 the stress is still high, but somehow I always seem to be one step ahead of all my challenges. Felt to me like exactly the right mixture of stress required for me to grow. Almost no deep shifts, just honing the more superficial skills that I need to achieve my goals. Lots of work getting done at high speed.

- Finally, stages 5 and 6 have always been pleasant to me (a bit unnervingly so). Very few challenges to conquer internally. For me it's as if things begin to happen effortlessly and the skills I've developed are there almost as a fallback plan. Or maybe I'm just applying them effortlessly without thinking.

Every run I did seemed to follow this exact schedule. Only the actual stuff that gets worked on seems to be different/deeper every time. After stage 2 it gets progressively more fun and pleasant, but just those 2 stages are a big part of why I'll wait for the next update of BASE before I run it again.

Once I get through them though, I've always had a lot of real fun during the rest.

I agree. We've had similar experiences then. It was rough on stages 1 - 4 and it sort of leveled out for 5 - 6. I sort of consider 5 - 6 to be more of vision building, which is what 3 - 4 do a bit, and 1 - 2 do the foundation building.

Once the TLAM kicks in at stage 3, I think that's the point where i really started getting serious and thinking big.

Though 5 - 6 weren't nearly as bad in terms of challenges and resistance I do feel they helped create the months where i had the best momentum. It was like the final push to get up onto a plateau. Then things got weird when i tried 7 and went back onto 1 and 2.

I'll likely run BASE at least once more after this current run. After that 3rd run 6G will likely be out, then the real fun begins.

Though this is a feeling rather than anything rational, i feel as if BASE 6G will be something like an Elon Musk creating sub where we go from baby steps in terms of business to really cranking results out.

By referring to Elon, I mean his vision, persistence and drive. The ultimate 'I know what I want, and I'm going to get it' type attitude.

That might just be a fantasy, but I guess it depends on what your goals are and where you are right now.

I just know I have big goals and I'm willing to put in some serious grind to put everything together.

Hopefully you guys have a similar vision.

Okay, I'm really glad I read the above quoted posts. During stage 1, I felt a huge depression that I attributed partially to BASE stage 1, but in the back of my mind, I had wondered if the depression was purely of my own making. I was suicidal at around day 19. I'm glad you guys mentioned your experiences, because it makes me feel a little bit more "sane", and the sub was just severely challenging some deep rooted beliefs.

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - Ivaylo - 07-31-2016

(07-30-2016, 11:27 PM)eternitys_child Wrote: Okay, I'm really glad I read the above quoted posts. During stage 1, I felt a huge depression that I attributed partially to BASE stage 1, but in the back of my mind, I had wondered if the depression was purely of my own making. I was suicidal at around day 19. I'm glad you guys mentioned your experiences, because it makes me feel a little bit more "sane", and the sub was just severely challenging some deep rooted beliefs.

Oh man, I also had suicidal thoughts during the first stages of my first run. I am almost sure I had them to a lesser degree in my other runs as well, I was just prepared better and already accepting that the only way out is to let/make the changes happen.

In retrospect this was my unconscious mind's last-ditch effort to regain "control" and not make the needed adjustments, even at the cost of killing me, I guess. ("adjustments" might be putting it mildly given their scope, though) I only became stronger in the long run, but back then it was really made out to seem like the end of the world.

As Shannon said somewhere, depression is the last stage of resistance before the unconscious mind gives up. Whoever defined suicidal thoughts as a mental issue in all probability never ran subs. Around here, apparently they are to be interpreted as positive feedback... lol. A bit dangerous statement, but appears to be true in my experience.

---
Anyway, fascinating manifestation reports, heavysm, happy for you. Did you do such experiments during your first BASE run as well?
I've always felt a significant part of my luck during BASE was due to me putting myself out there (i.e. the other programming + my free will) rather than any manifesting technology inside the sub. Can't really know for sure, especially with that naturalizer in place, but it did seem that way.

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - heavysm - 07-31-2016

(07-30-2016, 11:27 PM)eternitys_child Wrote: damn, son! that's so awesome to hear! i'm glad the manifestation efforts are on fire. i actually am very curious if it was the luck magnifier in action? Do you have any prior experience doing manifestation?

(07-31-2016, 07:41 AM)Ivaylo Wrote: Anyway, fascinating manifestation reports, heavysm, happy for you. Did you do such experiments during your first BASE run as well?
I've always felt a significant part of my luck during BASE was due to me putting myself out there (i.e. the other programming + my free will) rather than any manifesting technology inside the sub. Can't really know for sure, especially with that naturalizer in place, but it did seem that way.

My new experiments are my primary focus going forward since everything is proving so consciously accessible.

It's hard to separate results from BASE, because that's doing its own thing too, but I really feel that I would have at least a high proportion of my results anyway if I were not on BASE.

Another user on the forum pointed me to these things:

http://twistedsage.com/tensor-rings/

and I ended up picking up these (got them about a week ago):

http://twistedsage.com/products/harmony-and-fire-pendant/

So the tensor rings plus the rejuvenizer both hanging around my neck has so far created an incredibly attractive pull.

I tried the rejuvenizer alone for several months and it was alright (mild attraction + detox).

Then i tried the rings for a few days without the rejuvenizer. Oddly, I just felt like a kid. I wanted to play some video games and eat candy. Perhaps it opens up the inner child? Have no idea, but that was the immediate effect.

Then i wore both the rejuvenizer and tensor rings, then BOOM. Only within this past week things have exploded, and wearing both items at the same time has been the only change.

I do have more 'long term' manifestation tools that i use (which break rule 4, so can't mention it here) but the rings and stone have greatly amplified everything else.

Keep in mind that this could easily be unique to me. I don't know of anyone else on earth who combines both of these tools (it was certainly an experiment on my end to test things out) but the results don't lie.

Regarding my first BASE run, I didn't have any of this then. This second run is getting all these tools that it's almost unfair to compare with the original BASE run at this point.

I do also feel that in some way the rejuvenizer and tensor rings do offset the nasty resistance that BASE can bring up.

Prior to putting both on i actually felt tense and unsatisfied with my current progress. Then i slipped both on and had a walk. The way you see the world shifts (or at least mine did) and i was suddenly seeing the absolute positive in everything. That feeling has stayed with me and continues even now.

Again, I have no idea if others will have the same experience but I'll be damned if i am made to take these things off LOL It's not worth it. Right now they're only off me when i sleep and when im showering, that's it!

Also, curiously the tensor ring is made of copper and when worn under my shirt caused my skin to become green. So i now wear the rejuvenizer under and the tensor ring over. This has caused a few people to stop me and ask what the ring is.

Even funnier is that the majority of those people think they have their own alternative to the tensor ring.

Nope. Gotta get it from the master who puts them together on that site above. I've had similar necklace type stuff in the past that were 100% hype (they just looked the same as the tenor rings - sort of like how there are a ton of other subliminal suppliers out there, but only one Shannon), but somehow I stumbled onto these, and now it's hard to imagine me happier.

Another notable effect for the tensor rings is that they appear to help time pass a bit smoother / faster.

I recall previously listening to BASE and wearing the rejuvenizer that i would work for hours, and it literally felt like hours. But with the addition of the ring, work is a bit more enjoyable so I'm guessing time flies by because i no longer have discomfort? That needs to be tested longer, but it's a curious effect anyway.

Lots and lots and lots of cool stuff coming, and i can't wait! Wink

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - heavysm - 08-03-2016

Stage 1 day 15

I've been consuming just about everything I can related to high converting copy and listening to audios of high performance copywriters talking about their craft.

The cool thing about most copy advice is that a high proportion of it is timeless.

It's sort of like salesmanship and human psychology; not much has changed in the past century so seeking out older masters and their timeless works is completely relevant to me.

From what i have seen and gathered from studying different sales pages and digging in to question different writers I've connected with, I have found that my current writing skill level is roughly worth around $5 - 8k at most .

This means that if i connected with the right people for the right projects, that's how much my current skill level could net me for a single project.

Reading some of the sales pages that netted the writers $10 - 25k plus royalties...let's just say that I'm not there yet. I get that it will take me time to brand myself anyway, but the skill level of some of those sales letters is often mind blowing.

We're talking 5 - 10+ pages (so long sales letters) which are the epitome of the greased slide effect; readers get pulled into the copy and are likely to finish before they know what hit them.

That's TRUE copywriting, where the reader gets lost in reading. The trance hits and *BOOM*, the credit card to buy comes sliding out of the wallet.

But yeah, I'm not there yet, and i 100% get that.

I know I'll technically be earning peanuts, or close to that extremely minimum level of pay, when i first start out, and for the first few months of me aggressively going out to pull in clients, that's okay.

I'll just need to put the after burners on the manifestations experiments just so the right opportunities open as just the right time. That's really what needs to happen.

The right connections open up and suddenly a tiny trickle of clients come my way. That's how it was for my traffic biz, and i put in the work to make that trickle a freakin river.

I have also loosely strategized how to get the first flow of clients in while being a nobody.

This will require a combination of networking in the right groups on facebook AND doing a bit of creative advertising on PPC networks such as bing.

I've been reverse engineering a successful copywriter who uses facebook PPC, and as I've just recently discovered, Bing / Yahoo. He wouldn't be using those ad networks if they weren't working, so I've swiped some of his ads just so i can reword them and use them for inspiration later.

It does also feel as if Ultimate Writer and BASE 6G will play a big roll in me scaling my business going into 2017 and beyond. I can practice all i want, but the mindset of a highly esteemed and master copywriter is quite a bit different than what I'm used to. There's no sense going into this industry aiming to be average, or even above average. I need to prove my worth quickly and rub the right shoulders to get ahead.

It's literally the same process I used in my traffic biz, but the invisible underworld of connections is slowly becoming apparent to me. Now it's my job to break into that world.

RE: (Encore) Turn Up the BASE - My Entrepreneurial Journal - heavysm - 08-04-2016

Stage 1 day 16

Here's something I can 100% attribute to my BASE usage...

Over the past few days I've realized my spending has been primarily aimed at clothing for a business / success oriented appeal. That's literally Ultra Success doing its thing, and it's kind of funny that I'm feeling that so early on in stage 1.

My vision for the next few years has also expanded.

I see myself investing my business earnings into real estate over the new few years / decades so I have an army of tangible and intangible assets (online and offline businesses) at my disposal.

This is a huge step over my first run with BASE since I was just trying to figure things out on a more foundational level at that time.

I'm guessing that once TLAM hits with stage 3, everything is just going to be amplified and scaled in terms of long term vision, which is also incidentally when I tend to feel the most motivated and ambitious with my projects.

Though this is a few years from now my vision is about scaling my properties from houses => larger houses (the million dollar ones) => office buildings and strip malls => motels...

...and then the grand daddy of them all => hotels.

I don't know where the vision came from, but long ago when i first got into business my goal was to slowly build up my momentum so I would be in the ownership of my own hotel, or line of hotels (whatever works, really).

This is a mega-huge vision, and i get that it's stretching the very bounds of possibility even talking about it, but that's also how I felt when i first went online to "make money" and start a business.

Every year since I was 19 I've been pushing the goal posts back little by little and increasing my goals, shifting industries to suit my interests and evolving myself to achieve more and more.

So as time goes on the impossible becomes perfectly possible, so as long as the right connections, effort and timing are all applied. It's a synergistic machine and stuff coming together just right.

Let's just say that if this was my first attempt at achieving anything, I would be incredibly doubtful because I wouldn't have any positive experience to pull from. But since i DO have the experience, it's all a matter of time before all the pieces snap into place.

I actually recall making a similar vision oriented post early on in my BASE journey around the first stage...(LOL!)

Oh well, time to get back to work. Wink