Subliminal Talk
Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 (/Thread-Cry-Me-a-Trickling-Stream-EHPRA-2-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - RTBoss - 04-18-2016

Realizing most, if not all, of any unhappiness and dissatisfaction I experience is because of misappropriated value. I have literally given away my power of perception to others and allowed the value of my perception to be placed into things I don't even really want!

Take the power back.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - eternity - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 04:11 PM)RTBoss Wrote: Take the power back.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - CatMan - 04-21-2016

(04-18-2016, 04:11 PM)RTBoss Wrote: Take the power back.

Awesome, bro!

When you're feeling resistance, say "up yer butt, Jobu!", then take a shot! Walk outside, and scream out "yo bartender, Jobu needs a refill!".

Trust me.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - RTBoss - 04-30-2016

I came across a blog while googling about happiness. The post I found talked about how our country (the US, though I suspect this is true all over the world now) is more about goals and achievement than values. I couldn't agree more.

I had a very rich, but very unhappy client, who had taken his company that he inherited from his dad to unbelievable heights. He only had a high school education, but he had clearly honed himself into a business mind that I felt I could only envy. But everything I observed about him seemed contradictory. If he was so successful, why wasn't he happy? He had a huge house, drove a Mercedes convertible, multiple cars, a condo in Arizona, his wife never had to work a day in her life, their house was immaculately clean, he traveled the world, and had two kids that went to ivy league schools. He treated his body like complete crap - ate junk food even though he was Type II diabetic, was 100 lb. overweight, had a real nasty sense of humor only a dark mind could harbor (which, frankly, I harbor as well). He mistreated my pets when he came over to train. It just didn't add up.

I got into personal training to help people. Helping people, and seeing them happy, is what gives me satisfaction and happiness in my career. There was a client that I was very unhappy with, as I had tried everything to help her for 6 years. Along the way, we became friends, which caused her to think it was okay to disrespect me. She no longer listened to my advice, cancelled or rescheduled often, and dealing with her made me very unhappy. I confided in the rich, business-savvy client, about said unhappiness. He looked at me and said, "Take the money." I said, "So-in-so, you don't understand," and he laughed at me and said, "RTB, you don't understand. Take the money. Take it to support your family."

I took his advice, against my inner voice's advice. As my time with the client I wasn't helping increased, my unhappiness increased. I may have been taking the money, but the unhappiness I felt by not honoring my own value system started to invade not just my happiness on the job, but my happiness in the home. It infected every aspect of my life, including the people I love.

I have now stripped myself of the people who made my job miserable. If I'm not helping, or if my time is being disrespected, goodbye. I am putting my values first. Most people, including my dad, don't understand. But, at the end of the day, I'm happier because of it. I turned down business the other day, someone wanted me to come to their home to train them. I explained that between raising my son, my wife's schedule, and my existing client schedule, I wouldn't be able to make it work without considerable expense to them and what I would consider a headache in my lifestyle. I just don't want to be bothered with it. It's part of adhering to my value system, rather than achieving for achievement's sake. We have our basic needs met here at home, and then some. I would only be going against how I believe I want to live my life.

So I guess what I'm saying, in summary, is if you have met your basic human needs, don't go chasing achievement for achievement's sake. Figure out what your core values are and put energy into honoring them. Everyone's values are different, so don't base the choices you make on them. Honor yourself first.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - RTBoss - 04-30-2016

I thought I'd post another nugget of wisdom concerning gratitude for what you have, and it's value for your happiness now.

I got into the shower, contemplative as I always am, and I thought to myself, "If you got what you've been pining for, how would you ever be happy long term? Wouldn't you just keep wanting...more?" After the newness of the experience wore off, how could I be happy with what I had achieved?

If you can't be grateful for what you already have, then no matter what you achieve in life, no matter what you do - or where you go - you'll never be happy. Your mind will always be on the horizon. Then I thought, "What about people who would do ANYTHING to be me, and have the life I already have?" Profound guilt about wanting more, as well as instantaneous release and gratitude overwhelmed me in the moment.

Think about someone who has no family or food or home - or someone who is battling a devastating illness - who spends their days and nights dreaming of being YOU - THEN they'd be happy. They'd have EVERYTHING they ever wanted. That'll change your perspective very quickly from wanting someone else's life, to being very grateful for your own.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - Shannon - 05-01-2016

It's best when you achieve a delicate balance of being genuinely happy and grateful with what you are and have, while being motivated to make yourself and your circumstances better still.

Think about it: the people with the greatest wealth are the people who have the greatest power. And once you have power, you can enact change. For yourself, and as you gain in power, for others as well. Being at the top levels of financial wealth only makes you miserable if you've sold yourself out to get and be there.

But, being at the top levels of power also gives you the freedom to make the world a better place - not just your own life and the life of a few selected family members.

It's just that most people are so blinded by the selfish point of view concerning money and power that they never realize this when and if they get there.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - CatMan - 05-01-2016

EXACTLY what I thought when I read his post, Shannon.

I didn't "like" the post, because I felt that it was a good notion to have, but in and of itself, if used alone, can be used as a crutch (or maybe even a sophisticated fear-based method of fear of success or failure, or guilt or shame around success) to not grow and seek success and fulfillment, because "others would be grateful to be where I am". So, it can't be used alone, it has to be a part of an overall structure. One in which you ARE grateful for where you are and what you have in life etc., but are still pushing yourself to be the best version of yourself you can be.

That seems to be healthier, and ultimately, more satisfying.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - RTBoss - 05-01-2016

I feel that if you're habitually grateful, it will be a natural inclination to improve yourself based on your core values.

Most people seek to "improve" themselves (read: "fix") because of fear. Most people base everything they do in fear, period. Getting to a place of living in gratitude and growing from there, rather than doing things out of fear, seems to me to be a much healthier and fulfilling way to live.

When you clear the fear, you won't waste your time putting energy into things you never really wanted when you're truly healed and healthy.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - ncbeareatingman - 05-02-2016

(03-15-2016, 10:48 AM)RTBoss Wrote: Epiphanies Galore:

A few quotes from one of my favorite band’s new releases (Killswitch Engage, Incarnate):

“Put your fears to death, define your ascension.”

“Victim becomes the Victor.”

I caught these lyrics on the drive back home from a one day sight-seeing vacation with my wife and son. As the epiphanies popped into my head, I'd simultaneously catch the lyrics. Nifty coincidence.

We went to go see one of nature’s most amazing events in the world: The convergence of the Sandhill Cranes during their migration north. It’s been so close for so long, and I’m just now getting to experiencing it. Look this up, it’s just incredible. We decided to go after I had a, “Well, why shouldn’t we go and enjoy ourselves?” moment. Doing this increased my feeling of self-empowerment and freedom, as simple as it was. A trip side-note: A lady was talking super loud during the climax of the birds taking off from their roosting site on the river, and normally I’d be pissed and let it eat away at me without saying anything. Not today – I looked over and said (loudly), “Ma’am, do you mind?” She later came up to me and apologized for talking so loudly, to which I said, “Don’t worry about it, and have a great day!” with a smile and warm touch to her arm.

I’m beginning to transcend many old paradigms. I feel like I’ve emerged from a cocoon that I built when I started EHPRA 2.0. Now I’m a butterfly, but it doesn’t stop there. I’m building another cocoon. I feel like I’m going to keep going through metamorphoses.

I’ve begun to not care about what other people are thinking (at least in the negative sense), or what others have achieved. I’ve used other’s judgements, beliefs, and achievements as excuses for self-pity. I’ve used that self-pity to hold me down (by giving away my power in an underhanded, sneaky way), by pre-choosing my own failure through that comparison – whether or not I even want to be, do, or have what they do. I’ve used all of this to blame my failures on others.

I feel like I’ve had these tendrils that I’ve sent out into other people’s lives, and now I’m withdrawing them to gather and keep my energy and focus where I can control it, within myself.

Another realization: I don’t put much effort into anything as an excuse to justify failure, and hold myself down. At some point in my life, I became afraid of failing, and so to further “protect” myself – as well as become more “efficient,” – I stopped working hard. Why waste energy? Why even try? This excuse is starting to fall away. It just ensures failure and misery, and is another example of making myself the victim. No more. I’ve been victimizing myself in so many little, nefarious ways that I can now see it as I let go and disconnect from them. I know I’m not out of the woods yet, but I can see the open field beyond the tree line.

With each realization comes a surge of gratitude that near moves me to tears. I’m so thankful! I can feel a growing sense of confidence, as I literally take my power back under my conscious control. I can also attest to more accountability, without blame or guilt attached. Attaching guilt and blame to accepting responsibility may encourage people to...avoid accountability.

My mind is switching from “If, then” to “I am, therefore it is.” Instead of outside circumstances allowing me, I make the decision. Now, the outside will CONFORM TO ME!!

MAN yer faulkin amazing,just amazing!! Yer expereinces,renderings and testimonals are faulkin.amazing(yeah I Know I said it twice,it DESERVES SAYING twice:-) I cant wait to be be able to get E2 and get the ball rolling with it! thank you for the inspiration!! YOU Rock and then some, Man! Keith.!!

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - RTBoss - 05-14-2016

(05-02-2016, 11:05 PM)ncbeareatingman Wrote: MAN yer faulkin amazing,just amazing!! Yer expereinces,renderings and testimonals are faulkin.amazing(yeah I Know I said it twice,it DESERVES SAYING twice:-) I cant wait to be be able to get E2 and get the ball rolling with it! thank you for the inspiration!! YOU Rock and then some, Man! Keith.!!

Thanks, man, I appreciate you saying that.

Just a quick update: Haven't felt like posting or being on forums much. Seems to be a common thing among those using this program.

I'm not sure what's really going on right now. I can only say that my interest in the gym has gone way down. I accept that. It's where I am. I postulate that my motivation to go the gym was fear-based, and I need to switch over to a health-based view.

Anger and irritability has been much better. I used to snap at my wife quite a bit - not her fault, just being a pissy dude not content with life - and now I am much more calm and kind in tone. Definitely good.

Had a weird dream last night that was entertaining. A reality show like Jersey Show or Party Down South - set in the future - required that they kill each other until last man (or woman) standing at the end of the season. I'm not sure why I found it funny, but I did.

I'll check in with anything noticeably significant.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - RTBoss - 05-19-2016

Had an "Aha" moment - possibly explaining my lack of interest in reading the forums lately.

I'm dumbstruck by how Neanderthal-like some of the posts are around here. Those regarding lust for money, women, and "power" are such a turn-off to me anymore. I can't help but shake my head at some of the lifestyles being lead - let alone worshiped - by some of the guys here. They even have fanboys kissing their hind ends everyday. I guess it's that way anywhere you go, though, isn't it?

I'm not impressed by jerks using women and lusting for "power." I think it's sad that I seem to be in the minority about that. I'm just a normal guy who wants to feel more confident on a path I find life-affirming, good, and ripe with joy, peace, and healthy relationships. I'm married, so I'm good on women. We make great money, so I'm good there too. My son means the world to me. Now, it's my only purpose to ensure the quality our interpersonal relationships, and that the love we share increases.

Everyone's entitled to live their life as they see fit. I'm just really glad I've matured beyond wanting any part of those types of lifestyles, and it feels great! Thanks EHPRA 2.0 (and Shannon, of course).

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - LionKing - 05-20-2016

You know, I've been noticing that for a while now. At times, I myself am very attracted to the idea of running AM or similar to feel really 'on' and driven and confident and such, be successful and realize myself. Or AOS or SM to get me ahead in terms of sexual value and the cooperation it might bring on the workplace too. As a rule I don't read threads about other programs than E2 anymore, after realizing I'll have way fewer urges to change subs that way. But when I do... its really bizarre and a turn off how eager some people are about power. Especially all that putting others down, or pointing out how the user is supposedly so much better and above anyone else (incl. women and rival men) - and then the glee that's expressed because of it. There was a testimony about AoS a while back that I remember was especially bad. I'd say I probably have more defined aspiration towards things like that than you, but I definitely hear what you're saying. I've had this though "should I aim to be happy, or to be alpha" running in my head when thinking about the programs. Seems if you're really happy you don't need all that other crap, at which point it becomes possible from a more positive mindset.

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - eternity - 05-22-2016

InconceivableZen and I actually had a conversation about that a couple weeks back..

I recognized the same internal dialogue switched from "am I being the most alpha I can be?" To one that is more healthy.

I will openly admit that I'm not as "alpha" as I was after AM6. But I also openly admit that IDGAF because my present state of mind is far healthier and enjoyable, and seeking to becoming an alpha male seems petty in comparison. That's Not to devalue becoming transcending alpha. ... that always has it's purpose, and that purpose is great for personal growth... but being OK and at peace between my own two ears and in my heart is far more valuable to me.

Everyone's got their own journey in life, and gratitude definitely goes a long way, when tempered right... few months back, my gratitude was so high that I became complacent and almost stuck in my life. But now I'm in a little bit of fear because literally everything in my life changed overnight. But as for other people lusting for power and women and money... let's face it, as men we all have fantasized over those 3. That's just where they are in their journey, they will reach where they need to go. And at one point in time I would have been their fan boy too... until I grew out of it. =)

E2 is a beautiful program =) I would have continued using it had I not been launching vigorously into business

RE: Cry Me a Trickling Stream - EHPRA 2.0 - Shannon - 05-22-2016

(05-20-2016, 07:11 PM)RTBoss Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 07:17 AM)LionKing Wrote: I've had this though "should I aim to be happy, or to be alpha" running in my head when thinking about the programs. Seems if you're really happy you don't need all that other crap, at which point it becomes possible from a more positive mindset.

I think the Transcendent Alpha that Shannon's program aims to instill into the subconscious is geared toward healing, self-awareness, self-sufficiency, etc. Quite different from the traditional alpha, in the sense of being the big dude who's alpha out of fear mongering, or being "better" than everyone. I see the Transcendent Alpha as an alpha that empowers everyone around him, yet able to establish barriers that people won't cross so you don't get walked all over.

Aiming to be truly happy, in my opinion, is interesting - and I'm right with you. I happen to have an example in my life - my sister. I've mentioned her before. She thought if she got the best degree from the best school and had a high value job with lots of money she'd be happy. Far from it. She would see her husband 3 hours per week, but hey - she had a high-rise apartment with a superb view of the Hudson River and saw celebrities in the hallways.

But...if you're not happy, what's any of it matter? She's only now beginning to understand. Some people have some kind of internal drive that pushes them to the highest heights - it's in their nature. Maybe it makes them happy. But that's the cool thing about E2 - it pushes you toward the life that actually WILL make you happy. I think that will be different for a lot of people. Me, I am getting excited about seeing where I'm at by September.

People, and especially women, who do that are doing it because society has told them that they're not good enough unless they do. Women these days, at least in the US - I can't speak for other countries - have been told for a few generations now that they're not good enough unless they can do, and do, everything that "a man can do", and do it "better than he can".

What they fail to realize is that just because a woman can do whatever a man can do, and possibly even do it better than he can, doesn't mean that's what is the best thing for her to be doing with her time. Especially when it comes to the women who want to be on the front lines in war. At that point, it's not about being good enough anymore, it's about being as stupid as. War is stupid - and it can always be stopped by one person or group having awareness and compassion concerning those around them. Even faster if we shut down the greed that feeds the military industrial complex, which is the real engine of war...

Women have basically come to be told, and believe, that they're not good enough unless they do X, but X isn't making them happy. And if they understood that the whole mess is based on feeling insecure about being good enough as a woman, regardless of what she does that actually makes her genuinely happy, they could just drop the stupid shit and get on with doing whatever it is that genuinely makes them happy!

Keeping up with the Joneses isn't it.