Subliminal Talk
Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society (/Thread-Do-women-have-greater-social-and-legal-rights-in-today-s-society)

Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Daredevil - 02-20-2016

http://therationalmale.com/2015/04/14/managing-expectations/

http://therationalmale.com/2011/12/27/women-in-love/

Here's to interesting articles I found.

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - JackOfHearts - 02-20-2016

Quote:I really, really, really hope the myth that girls are the hopeless romantics gets kicked to the curb ASAP. Everyone needs to realize that men are the “romantics pretending to be realists” and women; vice versa

Here are his limits. This is the inverted roles. When a man behave like a woman and a woman like a man. When a man and a woman is mature this won't happen. But obviously a man who isn't mature will think this is the only reality as he will attract only women that behave like a man. “Men are romantics pretending to be realists” This is a man lying about his purpose, he is pretending so not real.

This is why I don't read books by pua or men like that. They are restricted by their own life, they can't see what they haven't experienced.

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Daredevil - 03-02-2016

http://www.libertarianprepper.com/misandry-is-there-a-war-on-men/

Here's another shocking article

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Lowe - 03-02-2016

I think too many feminists and men's rights activists fail to realise that at a fundamental level, men and women are different. They do both raise interesting points about inequality and there is an article somewhere that counters the ones you posted, from a female perspective. To the question asked, I would answer yes, in certain areas, and that is unfair. On the other hand, I can answer the same if the question was about men. We have more privilege than the other gender in someways, and less so in others.

Going somewhat off-topic, this is why a lot of my views, politically, are at the centre or very close to the centre. I realise that no single perspective is adequate in itself, be it feminism or any other political issue, and a balanced perspective that takes both sides into account is the best solution.

Unfortunately, the internet really gives a voice to those who presents half the picture and takes an idea to the extreme, while people with moderate, centre views appear uninspiring and boring in comparison because they don't "go far enough".

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - ArcticFox - 03-02-2016

Feminists haven't got a clue what they stand for in today's society. They come across as very aggressive and confused when it comes to top[ics that invloves a femalte, whether its a feminist issue or not.

They cant really moan about jobs, there are very few vocations they cant do, they get paid the same (plenty of women execs here in the company well above my pay grade), and they have more rights in the office than men.

Men are now happy to be stay at home dad, in fact my argument to women is always would you be happy to work a 9-5 and be the bread winner while I stay at home, do laundry, look after kids, cook dinner, etc. They always seem puzzled when asking them this because in reality thats actually what they want deep down - to have kids and stay at home to bring them up and they know it - but also they know they have to be feminist!

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Eslima5 - 03-02-2016

Some women want to stay at home. Some don't. I know some women genuinely want to be a housewife. There are some who genuinely want to be a career woman. Like me. My friend and my aunt. Some areas, women have more rights. In some, greatly marginalized especially third world countries, developing countries and middle east. Men doesn't have it so bad. Just look at the president's, senators, corporate leaders. Almost all men. For the most part, most who are raped/sexually harassed are women. Men earn more in general. There are exceptions but that's for the most part. not to mention issues like child brides, female genital mutilation, sex trafficking etc. Besides Europe and US, women are still more greatly marginalized. women have to go to painful childbirth, has the greater expectation in responsibility of taking care of the kids, and still has to work. my mum is the breadwinner and she still has the greater responsibility in taking care of us than my dad. my dad is stay at home but just watches TV and stuff. he doesnt laundry or help in chores. he does help with repair stuff though. and to top it off, he exhausts my mum with his negative ranting. like "you will fail, you cant do that" etc. i do understand him though. but he has a very negative, helpless attitude. just here to offer a balanced point of view. just saw a video on facebook, a man publicly beats up a woman in China, nobody cares. Europe is turning different because of the migration crisis. Sweden is now said to be the rape capital of Europe. women doesnt have it all. just to have a more balanced point of view because most people here are men. hopefully, both sexes will have a healthy attitude towards each other. i used to have a negative attitude towards men because of the way i grew up, seeing my mum suffering, being the breadwinner and doing everything while my dad just stayed at home and took less responsibility. he even orders my mum to text for him on his cellphone. simple things he have to make my mom do while she is tired from the long commute home. it is sad to see your mother getting sick but still has to work because she has to while the perfectly healthy dad is staying at home and watching TV. but now, i have a more healthy attitude after meeting a lot of good men. a lot of good men helped us and did good things for us.

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Athena - 03-02-2016

Being a "MILF" (apparently) who prefers younger guys
& is divorced (but have no kids hooray!)
frankly SUCKS
And try being bombarded daily by adverts for people of
your gender who look like supermodels all the damn time,
Try getting a relationship when many men just want sex.
You are way more likely to be raped as a woman than a man.
If a guy wants women there's loads of tips for us we are told
(Though advice is getting better) be young & hot or you are
considered garbage.
We are paid less than you.
BELIEVE me I sometimes don't understand why there are not more
women getting an op. to become men.
I still feel that it's a man's world.
A lot of things have improved for women for the better but if you think women
have it so much better than you I wish we could do a body swap.
Maybe things are great for 20 year old American women who are 10s but not every woman.
As far as money most guys go Dutch on dates & I didn't get a penny from divorcing we are not all
gold diggers!
Sorry this is quite bitchy but it's that time of the month yet ANOTHER thing you don't have to worry
about.
If - being a guy - you want to get laid you can just go hire a whore for sex I would. But I wouldn't pay a guy to date me!
And what about all the women around the world being raped, tortured what about the women ISIS is
hurting & killing BECAUSE they are women? Domestic violence statistically happens WAY more to women.
I'll get off my soapbox now.
I guess I just wanted to bring a different perspective & I apologise if I've offended anyone. But it's no
picnic being a woman. I'm sure for some it's no picnic being a man either.
But I've heard that women have a lot of like men buying them stuff for eg GUYS this happens to 20 year old tens not ALL women. And with sex we're damned if we do we're damned if we don't!
Shutting up now.

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Athena - 03-02-2016

LOL at that bit about us all wanting kids!
I am 42 (yuck!) & I have basically NEVER
wanted kids, still don't & yes I'm female.
I'm a teacher & I think working with kids put me off but
also although I'm nurturing I've never been very maternal
20% of women don't want kids that's not a lot but we DO exist!
I've known this most of my life & it's part of the reason for my divorce HE
started craving babies!!

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - ArcticFox - 03-03-2016

Males also suffer genital mutilation with foreskin removal at birth.

Also women aren't forced to have child birth. Athena just confirmed that.

To go back to the original title, in my experience women have more rights than men - in the workplace and modern day society, and I'm not talking about backward 3rd world countries here.

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Daredevil - 03-03-2016

Athena there is way more tangible tips for women than men. Most PUA tips are BS. With sex for men were dammed if we don't and dammed if we do also. And the reason for women being called sluts when they have sex for multiple men is because most women are loved by their looks and 95% of women who are healthy can get laid any time they want and for a price.

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Eslima5 - 03-03-2016

(03-02-2016, 11:34 PM)Athena Wrote: LOL at that bit about us all wanting kids!
I am 42 (yuck!) & I have basically NEVER
wanted kids, still don't & yes I'm female.
I'm a teacher & I think working with kids put me off but
also although I'm nurturing I've never been very maternal
20% of women don't want kids that's not a lot but we DO exist!
I've known this most of my life & it's part of the reason for my divorce HE
started craving babies!!

i can relate to that.. i have 2 aunts, both still looking good. Asian women age well, especially in my family. told them why dont they find a man to marry and have kids. they dont want to. and i have a friend, a successful doctor. never want to have kids too. pretty much less be a housewife. she is happy being a doctor. most women want kids, but not all. but whether they want to have a family or pursue a career, the important thing is always do what makes you happy!

RE: Do women have greater social and legal rights in today's society - Shawn - 03-05-2016

(03-02-2016, 11:25 PM)Athena Wrote: ...
We are paid less than you.

In my experience women just expect to be paid less, because I saw several time that women asked what they salary should be called a lower sum than man being asked the same question (for the same job). Women should believe that their work with a certain qualification has the same value like the work man do. So we wouldn't need laws to regulate that.