Subliminal Talk
Humanity as a Hive Mind - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Humanity as a Hive Mind (/Thread-Humanity-as-a-Hive-Mind)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)mat422 Wrote: Good discussion. I think hive mind is the wrong term though. Hive mind implies being similar or doing things the same way as everyone else. I think what we really need is acceptance of others regardless of differences. I for one love individuality, life would be incredibly bland and boring without it. Some people are inherently different, even without a label.

Really? Do these people eat? Sleep? Breathe? Pump blood? Do they blink their eyes? Have hopes? Dreams? Fears? Pleasures and pains? Do these people feel alone? Do they feel unique? do they want to be special? Do they strive to live a good life?

How are they different?

(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)mat422 Wrote: It's what has established some of the finest pieces of art in our society. Everyone should be ok with their individuality, not hide it under shame of being perceived as "a special little snowflake". Granted there are individuals who wear it as a source of identity, but this is to make up for their lack of self esteem or an outright denial to look deeper into their flaws.

Labels are the surface. Removing labels won't fix the problem. It's the human condition.

I think you're missing the point. The human condition is what makes us the same. Removing labels removes the segregation, the dividing nature of ourselves, to believe "we" are different than "they". Everyone "should" indeed be ok with their idiosyncrasies, but that does not make a person different than another person because we all have them!

(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)mat422 Wrote: Some individuals go on a path to better themselves and find that compassion and understanding for others. Others just don't even bother. How do you convince individuals to show more compassion or understanding if they truly do not give a shit?

Do you really believe that these people don't give a shit? Do you really believe that they don't have friends (or want friends) or family (or want family) and care for those they love? You really believe that? Or do they have "normal" moments where they talk amongst themselves about "us" and how different "we" are, like we about them?

And you say we're different?

(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)mat422 Wrote: There's going to be a tipping point in society. Either we're all going to learn to accept that we're all human and regardless of beliefs or differences we are essentially the same beings. Or we continue down the path of self destruction, which has already begun. Or aliens come to our planet and threaten to nuke the whole thing if we don't establish world peace.

This threw me for a loop because it seems to be in direct conflict with what you said in the beginning:

(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)mat422 Wrote: Some people are inherently different, even without a label.

(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)mat422 Wrote: Either we're all going to learn to accept that we're all human and regardless of beliefs or differences we are essentially the same beings.

I agree with the latter, with one tweak: We are all the same being. The universal "self", as Alan Watts talks about in great detail.

I just want to touch on the world peace thing though, as I think it's important. I, personally, don't believe that "peace" is possible. Because the nature of reality is dual. There is light, and there is dark. Also, more often than not, the more passionate about peace a nation becomes, the more violent they get in order to achieve it.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Nox - 12-16-2015

(12-15-2015, 05:25 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 01:54 PM)Nox Wrote: What makes you think that humanitybisnt already in a hivemind situation? I haven't seen anything that shows that a seperate independent consciousness camt ultimately be under the control of a greater conscious that maintains that independence as an illusion for its own reason. Everything you do could have already been planned out, and is all designed to benefit a higher being.

There are no "higher beings", and no "lower beings". Just beings.

This is the realization you have once you go deep into the duality of life.

I don't use higher as in more advanced necessarily, just higher up on the food chain in general. Humans, microbes, spirits, whatever. All are fragments of consciousness.

That being said, I don't necessarily believe in a hivemind anyways. I could definitely see a human oversoul or unified existence (duality or triality both work) but I don't think that exactly matches what the op was referencing.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - mat422 - 12-17-2015

SargeMaximus Wrote:Really? Do these people eat? Sleep? Breathe? Pump blood? Do they blink their eyes? Have hopes? Dreams? Fears? Pleasures and pains? Do these people feel alone? Do they feel unique? do they want to be special? Do they strive to live a good life?

How are they different?

I'm coming from the assumption that we have souls and we're more than just our flesh and blood. With that assumption in my mind, I see that every individual is different because each possesses a different soul or point of consciousness. We do possess a lot of the same things that make us similar, but there's something else there as well.

SargeMaximus Wrote:I think you're missing the point. The human condition is what makes us the same. Removing labels removes the segregation, the dividing nature of ourselves, to believe "we" are different than "they". Everyone "should" indeed be ok with their idiosyncrasies, but that does not make a person different than another person because we all have them!

When I said the human condition I meant the lower consciousness things that are given in to like fear or anger. Labels are a lot of the time manifestation of fear. My point being, the fear comes first, then the labels. Simply changing the labels isn't changing the underlying problem. People need to look at why they feel the need to create labels, and the uniqueness of each individual means there is no real universal answer to that. They have to find it for themselves.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Do you really believe that these people don't give a shit? Do you really believe that they don't have friends (or want friends) or family (or want family) and care for those they love? You really believe that? Or do they have "normal" moments where they talk amongst themselves about "us" and how different "we" are, like we about them?

I never said that. They could very well have friends and family they love. But it's like they are practicing selective compassion. I'm sure you've encountered people who are nice to you if you're in their circle, but treat everyone else like garbage. That's not good enough. I'm talking about the people that see practicing compassion as a waste of time because it doesn't directly impact them. They'd rather let loose and make everyone else miserable than take responsibility for their poor actions.

SargeMaximus Wrote:This threw me for a loop because it seems to be in direct conflict with what you said in the beginning:

(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)mat422 Wrote: Some people are inherently different, even without a label.

(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)mat422 Wrote: Either we're all going to learn to accept that we're all human and regardless of beliefs or differences we are essentially the same beings.

I agree with the latter, with one tweak: We are all the same being. The universal "self", as Alan Watts talks about in great detail.

I just want to touch on the world peace thing though, as I think it's important. I, personally, don't believe that "peace" is possible. Because the nature of reality is dual. There is light, and there is dark. Also, more often than not, the more passionate about peace a nation becomes, the more violent they get in order to achieve it.

What I meant to say is even without a label, people can sense it. They'll still perceive that difference.

I recognized I may seem contradictory right now. But I want people to accept everyone, but NOT give up their individuality.

You're certainly entitled to that belief. However I hold out hope that we will one day achieve it. Humans are advancing and questioning more now than ever. I don't really believe in the dual nature of reality, I think it's far more complex than that with things going on we can't readily perceive.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Nox - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 08:07 AM)mat422 Wrote: You're certainly entitled to that belief. However I hold out hope that we will one day achieve it. Humans are advancing and questioning more now than ever. I don't really believe in the dual nature of reality, I think it's far more complex than that with things going on we can't readily perceive.

We are just barely starting to break the mental construct of time. Crazy to think that if you have past lives, they're actually taking place at the same time as you are existing as time is also an illusion. Just imagine how weird it'll be once we get past time. Big Grin

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 08:07 AM)mat422 Wrote:
SargeMaximus Wrote:Really? Do these people eat? Sleep? Breathe? Pump blood? Do they blink their eyes? Have hopes? Dreams? Fears? Pleasures and pains? Do these people feel alone? Do they feel unique? do they want to be special? Do they strive to live a good life?

How are they different?

I'm coming from the assumption that we have souls and we're more than just our flesh and blood. With that assumption in my mind, I see that every individual is different because each possesses a different soul or point of consciousness. We do possess a lot of the same things that make us similar, but there's something else there as well.

Ah, I see. Whereas I believe that all people have the SAME soul. Like plants growing from the same root (forget what trees do this, but some trees have entire sections of forests where the trees are all from 1). I believe it is the denial of this fact that makes us think we are separate and therefore need to defend ourselves against the "others".

SargeMaximus Wrote:I think you're missing the point. The human condition is what makes us the same. Removing labels removes the segregation, the dividing nature of ourselves, to believe "we" are different than "they". Everyone "should" indeed be ok with their idiosyncrasies, but that does not make a person different than another person because we all have them!

When I said the human condition I meant the lower consciousness things that are given in to like fear or anger. Labels are a lot of the time manifestation of fear. My point being, the fear comes first, then the labels. Simply changing the labels isn't changing the underlying problem. People need to look at why they feel the need to create labels, and the uniqueness of each individual means there is no real universal answer to that. They have to find it for themselves.

I disagree, most label stuff is entirely ego-driven as a direct result of thinking we are different from other people. When you realize you're not, the fear evaporates.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Do you really believe that these people don't give a shit? Do you really believe that they don't have friends (or want friends) or family (or want family) and care for those they love? You really believe that? Or do they have "normal" moments where they talk amongst themselves about "us" and how different "we" are, like we about them?

I never said that. They could very well have friends and family they love. But it's like they are practicing selective compassion. I'm sure you've encountered people who are nice to you if you're in their circle, but treat everyone else like garbage. That's not good enough. I'm talking about the people that see practicing compassion as a waste of time because it doesn't directly impact them. They'd rather let loose and make everyone else miserable than take responsibility for their poor actions.

I am actually experiencing, more and more, people treating me nice no matter what. People who can be mean to others are nice to me without fail. Again, I believe that is because I am not 'different' to them, and this could be reversed if everyone realized it.

SargeMaximus Wrote:This threw me for a loop because it seems to be in direct conflict with what you said in the beginning:

What I meant to say is even without a label, people can sense it. They'll still perceive that difference.

I recognized I may seem contradictory right now. But I want people to accept everyone, but NOT give up their individuality.

Again, I think the "difference" they "perceive" is ego-driven, not rooted in the facts at all.

But, you both can and can't achieve this. It depends on where you come at it from. Are you an individual that needs others to agree with your viewpoint? Then there will always be some form of non-acceptance.

However, if you accept the other people that are evil, manipulating, cold-hearted, murderous fiends, and that's ok, then you will not. So you see, it's only possible to accept everyone if you accept EVERYONE. And only then, will there be peace.

(12-17-2015, 08:07 AM)mat422 Wrote: You're certainly entitled to that belief. However I hold out hope that we will one day achieve it. Humans are advancing and questioning more now than ever. I don't really believe in the dual nature of reality, I think it's far more complex than that with things going on we can't readily perceive.

Well I think life is as complex as you make it. Smile

(12-17-2015, 08:46 AM)Nox Wrote:

We are just barely starting to break the mental construct of time. Crazy to think that if you have past lives, they're actually taking place at the same time as you are existing as time is also an illusion. Just imagine how weird it'll be once we get past time. Big Grin

This is fascinating, do you have a link or something for that?

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - mat422 - 12-17-2015

SargeMaximus Wrote:Ah, I see. Whereas I believe that all people have the SAME soul. Like plants growing from the same root (forget what trees do this, but some trees have entire sections of forests where the trees are all from 1). I believe it is the denial of this fact that makes us think we are separate and therefore need to defend ourselves against the "others".

Hmmmm, I might be biased. For as long as I can remember I've been uncomfortable with being the same as everyone else. Maybe it has to do with losing my identity. Or maybe it has to do with being uncomfortable with the awful things some people do and being connected to that. Either way I'll have to continue thinking about this.

SargeMaximus Wrote:I disagree, most label stuff is entirely ego-driven as a direct result of thinking we are different from other people. When you realize you're not, the fear evaporates.

I think the challenge would be to get people to realize that. Conscious intervention rarely works unless they are aligned with it on a subconscious level as well. Which is why I think it's important to get at the fear first. It's different for you because you're seeking these things and have awareness of them. But for some people it's like they are asleep, they can't see these things or they don't want to.

SargeMaximus Wrote:I am actually experiencing, more and more, people treating me nice no matter what. People who can be mean to others are nice to me without fail. Again, I believe that is because I am not 'different' to them, and this could be reversed if everyone realized it.

Not trying to argue here or belittle your own realizations, but aren't you running AM? I think Shannon incorporated external approval into the script. So people treat you with respect. So there might be other stuff going on here.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Again, I think the "difference" they "perceive" is ego-driven, not rooted in the facts at all.

But, you both can and can't achieve this. It depends on where you come at it from. Are you an individual that needs others to agree with your viewpoint? Then there will always be some form of non-acceptance.

However, if you accept the other people that are evil, manipulating, cold-hearted, murderous fiends, and that's ok, then you will not. So you see, it's only possible to accept everyone if you accept EVERYONE. And only then, will there be peace.

I guess that just might be me. I usually pick up different vibes from people and it's not really on any conscious level.

To me acceptance is a slippery slope. I can't really accept evil in this world because part of me wants to know why they might do the things they do. What drove them to do it? Is there a way to show them how to not harm others? I can't accept the whole light and dark, good and evil, balance thing. To me it's just too much of a cop out. I guess it's because I have a strong sense of morality.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Well I think life is as complex as you make it. Smile

True. I'm always digging for more answers though. I like making life complex I guess.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Nox - 12-18-2015

(12-17-2015, 05:04 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 08:46 AM)Nox Wrote:

This is fascinating, do you have a link or something for that?

Sadly I don't. And there's really only a few places I've read similar ideas. But it's an excellent model to use when approaching new information if you're into stretching out the brain.

A great exercise is to try and start shifting dates and times into objects. A castle in 800 a.d. Is now a cube 3D wise, and also has a similar appearance 4d/time wise that you could theoretically pick up and place elsewhere. There might be resistance but that doesn't negate the possibility. It's just as impossible to pick up and move the earth, but we have an understanding of how this can happen because 3D manipulation is something we can grasp. Would this create disharmony? Would people even notice? You can move a lot of objects around in real life and people won't even notice the difference, can you do the same with when a thing happened?

As far as we know space time is already being moved around and manipulated naturally through universal expansion. Time rearrangement and faster than light movement is already happening somewhere, so it isn't a crazy logic leap. And if something can be done naturally then there is the very real possibility of it being done synthetically, which are probably the same thing anyways.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-18-2015

(12-17-2015, 07:10 PM)mat422 Wrote:
SargeMaximus Wrote:Ah, I see. Whereas I believe that all people have the SAME soul. Like plants growing from the same root (forget what trees do this, but some trees have entire sections of forests where the trees are all from 1). I believe it is the denial of this fact that makes us think we are separate and therefore need to defend ourselves against the "others".

Hmmmm, I might be biased. For as long as I can remember I've been uncomfortable with being the same as everyone else. Maybe it has to do with losing my identity. Or maybe it has to do with being uncomfortable with the awful things some people do and being connected to that. Either way I'll have to continue thinking about this.

Definitely biased then. I had/have the same thing. I would (sometimes still do, have to watch myself Tongue) just take a different/unique stance on things or play devil's advocate just because. It just drives people away tbh.

SargeMaximus Wrote:I disagree, most label stuff is entirely ego-driven as a direct result of thinking we are different from other people. When you realize you're not, the fear evaporates.

I think the challenge would be to get people to realize that. Conscious intervention rarely works unless they are aligned with it on a subconscious level as well. Which is why I think it's important to get at the fear first. It's different for you because you're seeking these things and have awareness of them. But for some people it's like they are asleep, they can't see these things or they don't want to.

Lol, well I can definitely agree with you there, most people seem to be asleep, but when you are present and aware, you awaken everyone with you as well (I've noticed this doing sales. Being a "salesman" didn't work for me, I had to be genuine "me", and by extension, a lot of people tried to match my level of intelligence. Long story, could be a case study to be honest, but it's interesting. This is more proof imo for the unity of people. One person can change everyone in a room if he is present enough, and has stronger mental fortitude. Basically, the strongest mind/reality wins, and all others conform to it.).

SargeMaximus Wrote:I am actually experiencing, more and more, people treating me nice no matter what. People who can be mean to others are nice to me without fail. Again, I believe that is because I am not 'different' to them, and this could be reversed if everyone realized it.

Not trying to argue here or belittle your own realizations, but aren't you running AM? I think Shannon incorporated external approval into the script. So people treat you with respect. So there might be other stuff going on here.

Ah, but do Shannon's subs change the laws of reality? I do not think so, therefore, even if Shannon's subs are letting me tap into this reality more potently, it still is THIS reality I'm tapping into, therefore it works this way with or without subs.

I didn't know Shannon put external approval in AM 6. I thought it was all internal?

But again, if I'm getting it, I am in line with something true and factual, based in reality, otherwise it would not work.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Again, I think the "difference" they "perceive" is ego-driven, not rooted in the facts at all.

I guess that just might be me. I usually pick up different vibes from people and it's not really on any conscious level.

Oh dude, so do I! Speaking of, my brother has had the weirdest vibe lately! I can feel it much stronger than other people's. It actually makes me uncomfortable and I do not know why.

(12-17-2015, 07:10 PM)mat422 Wrote: To me acceptance is a slippery slope. I can't really accept evil in this world because part of me wants to know why they might do the things they do. What drove them to do it? Is there a way to show them how to not harm others? I can't accept the whole light and dark, good and evil, balance thing. To me it's just too much of a cop out. I guess it's because I have a strong sense of morality.

Again, I think people do evil things because they do not understand how this unity works. At the base of all the crime is fear, greed, etc. All things that vanish once you realize you are one with everyone, and you ARE everyone as well.

I also do not believe there are any evil people, but I DO believe that people do evil things. Again, because of some misunderstandings or semi-consciousness. I think it's safe to say, however, that most people do what they do to improve life for themselves. Murdering and doing heroin is not much different in that in both cases the person is committing an act on an impulse (or not) with the intention to improve their life or experience of life in some way.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Well I think life is as complex as you make it. Smile

True. I'm always digging for more answers though. I like making life complex I guess.

That's fine, so long as it serves you, and doesn't hurt you. Smile

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - mat422 - 12-18-2015

SargeMaximus Wrote:Definitely biased then. I had/have the same thing. I would (sometimes still do, have to watch myself Tongue) just take a different/unique stance on things or play devil's advocate just because. It just drives people away tbh.

Yeah, I'll definitely have to think about this some more then. That urge to take a different stance or be contrary just because probably stems from some kind of self esteem issue, for me at least.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Lol, well I can definitely agree with you there, most people seem to be asleep, but when you are present and aware, you awaken everyone with you as well (I've noticed this doing sales. Being a "salesman" didn't work for me, I had to be genuine "me", and by extension, a lot of people tried to match my level of intelligence. Long story, could be a case study to be honest, but it's interesting. This is more proof imo for the unity of people. One person can change everyone in a room if he is present enough, and has stronger mental fortitude. Basically, the strongest mind/reality wins, and all others conform to it.).

Interesting. Presence is definitely a powerful thing. Can't say I've experienced what you've experienced though. But I'm also incredibly bad at staying present and in general being myself. Still a lot of stuff I have to work on.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Ah, but do Shannon's subs change the laws of reality? I do not think so, therefore, even if Shannon's subs are letting me tap into this reality more potently, it still is THIS reality I'm tapping into, therefore it works this way with or without subs.

I didn't know Shannon put external approval in AM 6. I thought it was all internal?

But again, if I'm getting it, I am in line with something true and factual, based in reality, otherwise it would not work.

They sure as hell bend them haha. I might be wrong, but I think the optimus engine puts you in situations that are relevant to your goals. It's sort of like a positive feedback loop. If the goal is to feel at ease and be respected by those around you, you've got the internal being built and then landing in situations that sort of nurture that inner belief.

I'm just saying these subs do a lot behind the scenes. Sometimes people pick up on those changes before we even do.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Oh dude, so do I! Speaking of, my brother has had the weirdest vibe lately! I can feel it much stronger than other people's. It actually makes me uncomfortable and I do not know why.

Cool. Is he angry or stressed about something? I've noticed that's usually the most potent vibe I pick off people. When I'm around really stressed out people I tend to get uncomfortable.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Again, I think people do evil things because they do not understand how this unity works. At the base of all the crime is fear, greed, etc. All things that vanish once you realize you are one with everyone, and you ARE everyone as well.

I also do not believe there are any evil people, but I DO believe that people do evil things. Again, because of some misunderstandings or semi-consciousness. I think it's safe to say, however, that most people do what they do to improve life for themselves. Murdering and doing heroin is not much different in that in both cases the person is committing an act on an impulse (or not) with the intention to improve their life or experience of life in some way.

Ok I think I misunderstood your idea of acceptance then. I thought you meant people are going to be bad, and you have to accept their bad actions without questioning them. There are some people who preach the idea that everything is perfect as is and the "evil" in the world is just subjective and part of the light vs dark duality. It's only our perception of it being bad that makes it bad. Which I think is a horrible philosophy because it's the equivalent of an ostrich burying it's head in the ground. But what you're saying I'm pretty much in agreement on.

Anyway, thanks for the stimulating conversation. It's been a good discussion.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 09:09 PM)mat422 Wrote:
SargeMaximus Wrote:Definitely biased then. I had/have the same thing. I would (sometimes still do, have to watch myself Tongue) just take a different/unique stance on things or play devil's advocate just because. It just drives people away tbh.

Yeah, I'll definitely have to think about this some more then. That urge to take a different stance or be contrary just because probably stems from some kind of self esteem issue, for me at least.

Yeah, could be self-esteem I dunno. I still fall back into that pattern every now and again, I found it's simply where you're putting your focus. If you focus on what you have in common, then you can change that trend very quickly.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Lol, well I can definitely agree with you there, most people seem to be asleep, but when you are present and aware, you awaken everyone with you as well (I've noticed this doing sales. Being a "salesman" didn't work for me, I had to be genuine "me", and by extension, a lot of people tried to match my level of intelligence. Long story, could be a case study to be honest, but it's interesting. This is more proof imo for the unity of people. One person can change everyone in a room if he is present enough, and has stronger mental fortitude. Basically, the strongest mind/reality wins, and all others conform to it.).

Interesting. Presence is definitely a powerful thing. Can't say I've experienced what you've experienced though. But I'm also incredibly bad at staying present and in general being myself. Still a lot of stuff I have to work on.

AM 6 helps with this... a LOT. It actually drove me nuts when it first started forcing me to be present. Because I work in construction, it was literally like "pay attention, or suffer some debilitating accident". Not fun to fumble through, but incredible hard to get out of once you're there.

Have you read power of now by any chance? That book helps, but only to a point. I think Tolle actually missed the mark a little, but it's a good starting point.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Ah, but do Shannon's subs change the laws of reality? I do not think so, therefore, even if Shannon's subs are letting me tap into this reality more potently, it still is THIS reality I'm tapping into, therefore it works this way with or without subs.

They sure as hell bend them haha. I might be wrong, but I think the optimus engine puts you in situations that are relevant to your goals. It's sort of like a positive feedback loop. If the goal is to feel at ease and be respected by those around you, you've got the internal being built and then landing in situations that sort of nurture that inner belief.

I'm just saying these subs do a lot behind the scenes. Sometimes people pick up on those changes before we even do.

Yeah I can definitely agree with you there. Sometimes reality DOES seem to change (sometimes drastically) but the core basis (I think) never does. I'm still unsure what the core basis of reality is, but some examples would be:

- Gravity
- Light
- The nature of women

Stuff like that seems never to change. I have theorized that it is because nature is feminine, which is why women are so unchanging in what they are attracted to, but I could be wrong.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Oh dude, so do I! Speaking of, my brother has had the weirdest vibe lately! I can feel it much stronger than other people's. It actually makes me uncomfortable and I do not know why.

Cool. Is he angry or stressed about something? I've noticed that's usually the most potent vibe I pick off people. When I'm around really stressed out people I tend to get uncomfortable.

Hmm, I don't know. I didn't even talk to him yesterday tbh. He didn't talk to me either, and we sat beside each other for a few hours while I played video games lol.

I felt like maybe it was because he has a girlfriend. It was a powerful, almost condescending vibe. I felt I was a little "off" yesterday in terms of being solid and confident.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Again, I think people do evil things because they do not understand how this unity works. At the base of all the crime is fear, greed, etc. All things that vanish once you realize you are one with everyone, and you ARE everyone as well.

Ok I think I misunderstood your idea of acceptance then. I thought you meant people are going to be bad, and you have to accept their bad actions without questioning them. There are some people who preach the idea that everything is perfect as is and the "evil" in the world is just subjective and part of the light vs dark duality. It's only our perception of it being bad that makes it bad. Which I think is a horrible philosophy because it's the equivalent of an ostrich burying it's head in the ground. But what you're saying I'm pretty much in agreement on.

Anyway, thanks for the stimulating conversation. It's been a good discussion.

Oh ok, yeah that's not what I meant. I definitely don't advocate accepting someone's evil behavior. at the same time, morality IS subjective in a lot of ways, but once you get aligned with life's "force" (?) then you realize some behavior is detrimental to life, both yours and other's. It's a major topic, but a little besides the point.

The point I was trying to make was that everyone is the same, and the way to cure evil is not to wage war on it, but to bring those people who commit it into the light of awareness of the unity I spoke of. I believe that "evil" is committed from the mentality driven mostly by ego, the false self that does not realize it is a cell in the body of the universe.

And you're welcome, I've enjoyed it.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - mat422 - 12-21-2015

SargeMaximus Wrote:Yeah, could be self-esteem I dunno. I still fall back into that pattern every now and again, I found it's simply where you're putting your focus. If you focus on what you have in common, then you can change that trend very quickly.

I'll have to work on that. Most of my life has been spent feeling isolated and different, so my default pattern of thinking is definitely the completely opposite of that.

SargeMaximus Wrote:AM 6 helps with this... a LOT. It actually drove me nuts when it first started forcing me to be present. Because I work in construction, it was literally like "pay attention, or suffer some debilitating accident". Not fun to fumble through, but incredible hard to get out of once you're there.

Have you read power of now by any chance? That book helps, but only to a point. I think Tolle actually missed the mark a little, but it's a good starting point.

Ah, I haven't run AM 5 in close to 3 years now. Been focused on EHPRA. But I remember when I ran it a few years ago I felt a lot more centered.

Yeah I've read Power of Now. A bit too wordy for my taste and a bit too focused on ego and "thinking is the enemy" type of vibe to it. Actually put me more into my head. I've actually been having more luck with this new book I've been reading. Kinslow System. Seems gimmicky and new agey, and oozes of that sleazy marketing sales pitch. But all in all it's pretty direct and to the point with some really good techniques on quieting the mind and healing emotions. I've pretty much stopped reading any of those self help books, a lot of them just seem to serve as mental masturbation.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Yeah I can definitely agree with you there. Sometimes reality DOES seem to change (sometimes drastically) but the core basis (I think) never does. I'm still unsure what the core basis of reality is, but some examples would be:

- Gravity
- Light
- The nature of women

Stuff like that seems never to change. I have theorized that it is because nature is feminine, which is why women are so unchanging in what they are attracted to, but I could be wrong.

There are definitely pillars to reality, that's for sure. But I always find it interesting how as humans, we're only perceiving one piece of reality. I think most people would define reality as what they can see, but that's just the brain decoding outside information. Who knows what else is out there that we can't sense or measure. It definitely makes me view reality as less concrete and more malleable or flexible.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Hmm, I don't know. I didn't even talk to him yesterday tbh. He didn't talk to me either, and we sat beside each other for a few hours while I played video games lol.

I felt like maybe it was because he has a girlfriend. It was a powerful, almost condescending vibe. I felt I was a little "off" yesterday in terms of being solid and confident.

Definitely weird. Wouldn't surprise me though. Some guys have so much validation caught up in having a gf when they finally get one they parade her around like a trophy.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Oh ok, yeah that's not what I meant. I definitely don't advocate accepting someone's evil behavior. at the same time, morality IS subjective in a lot of ways, but once you get aligned with life's "force" (?) then you realize some behavior is detrimental to life, both yours and other's. It's a major topic, but a little besides the point.

The point I was trying to make was that everyone is the same, and the way to cure evil is not to wage war on it, but to bring those people who commit it into the light of awareness of the unity I spoke of. I believe that "evil" is committed from the mentality driven mostly by ego, the false self that does not realize it is a cell in the body of the universe.

Cool, definitely on the same page then. Hopefully more people come to this awareness. I think it's happening already, there's been a shift. Nothing major, but talking to people older than me a lot of them say that young adults these days are more aware or in tune to themselves than their generation. I think that's the first step anyway. Before people can realize we're all connected, they have to clear away what society has told them they are.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Breeze - 12-24-2015

From The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are by Alan Watts:

"Our society—that is, we ourselves, all of us—is defining the individual with a double-bind, commanding him to be free and separate from the world, which he is not, for otherwise the command would not work. Under the circumstances, it works only in the sense of implanting an illusion of separateness, just as the commands of a hypnotist can create illusions."

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-26-2015

(12-21-2015, 08:48 AM)mat422 Wrote:
SargeMaximus Wrote:Yeah, could be self-esteem I dunno. I still fall back into that pattern every now and again, I found it's simply where you're putting your focus. If you focus on what you have in common, then you can change that trend very quickly.

I'll have to work on that. Most of my life has been spent feeling isolated and different, so my default pattern of thinking is definitely the completely opposite of that.

Well you know what they say, if what you're doing doesn't work, do the opposite.

SargeMaximus Wrote:AM 6 helps with this... a LOT. It actually drove me nuts when it first started forcing me to be present. Because I work in construction, it was literally like "pay attention, or suffer some debilitating accident". Not fun to fumble through, but incredible hard to get out of once you're there.

Ah, I haven't run AM 5 in close to 3 years now. Been focused on EHPRA. But I remember when I ran it a few years ago I felt a lot more centered.

Yeah I've read Power of Now. A bit too wordy for my taste and a bit too focused on ego and "thinking is the enemy" type of vibe to it. Actually put me more into my head. I've actually been having more luck with this new book I've been reading. Kinslow System. Seems gimmicky and new agey, and oozes of that sleazy marketing sales pitch. But all in all it's pretty direct and to the point with some really good techniques on quieting the mind and healing emotions. I've pretty much stopped reading any of those self help books, a lot of them just seem to serve as mental masturbation.

I remember, the best counselor I've ever had (and I've had coming on 10 now), told me that "emotions are information". Which is to say, that emotions aren't good or bad in themselves, but they are communicating something to us. And that's all they do.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Yeah I can definitely agree with you there. Sometimes reality DOES seem to change (sometimes drastically) but the core basis (I think) never does. I'm still unsure what the core basis of reality is, but some examples would be:

- Gravity
- Light
- The nature of women

There are definitely pillars to reality, that's for sure. But I always find it interesting how as humans, we're only perceiving one piece of reality. I think most people would define reality as what they can see, but that's just the brain decoding outside information. Who knows what else is out there that we can't sense or measure. It definitely makes me view reality as less concrete and more malleable or flexible.

It is definitely flexible. I've done enough social expiriments to say that you can change people's reactions to you, the kinds of conversations you get in all kinds of stuff. But fundamentally, there are, indeed, a few things that remain the same.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Hmm, I don't know. I didn't even talk to him yesterday tbh. He didn't talk to me either, and we sat beside each other for a few hours while I played video games lol.

Definitely weird. Wouldn't surprise me though. Some guys have so much validation caught up in having a gf when they finally get one they parade her around like a trophy.

Well he doesn't parade her around (I don't even know her name or anything, he doesn't talk about her), but there's this conceited almost "hiding away" thing going on.

SargeMaximus Wrote:Oh ok, yeah that's not what I meant. I definitely don't advocate accepting someone's evil behavior. at the same time, morality IS subjective in a lot of ways, but once you get aligned with life's "force" (?) then you realize some behavior is detrimental to life, both yours and other's. It's a major topic, but a little besides the point.

Cool, definitely on the same page then. Hopefully more people come to this awareness. I think it's happening already, there's been a shift. Nothing major, but talking to people older than me a lot of them say that young adults these days are more aware or in tune to themselves than their generation. I think that's the first step anyway. Before people can realize we're all connected, they have to clear away what society has told them they are.

I kind of agree, but, imo, trying to clear away what society has told us we are, is like trying to kill the boogeyman that lives in your closet. If you won't move on with your life until you're SURE you've killed it, then you will never move on because there is no boogeyman, and so you'll never have proof of killing it, and will perpetually be fighting against shadows and imaginary beasts.