Subliminal Talk
Humanity as a Hive Mind - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Humanity as a Hive Mind (/Thread-Humanity-as-a-Hive-Mind)

Pages: 1 2

Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-04-2015

Hi guys. Been doing a lot of researching lately (mostly passing the time as I lost my job... again >< ), and have been contemplating the idea that humanity may well be MOST effective (in EVERY way imaginable: productively, socially, ethically, sexually, etc) as a HIVE mind. In which all of us know fundamentally that we are NOT individuals but rather individual CELLS in the collective that is the HUMAN BEING (singular/state).

It seems very possible that we SHOULD be a hive mind (and that this is already the case) because so much of human existence is inescapably fused with social... stuff. I don't know how to name it but look here, on this very board. People looking to get better with women (social) looking to improve their lives for social reasons. It's all social. The more I've gone through AM, the more I've realized that the idea of "being your own man" is an impossible to achieve concept, because I rely on other people without fail. I can't have sex with hot girls by myself. I need the hot girls in order to do that. I can't be an "alpha" without "betas", etc. This kind of unity is seen throughout life, and the more I think of it, the more I realize that this is, most likely, what is f*cking our species up, as a whole. The whole "us vs. them" paradigm is no good, since you can't get them without us, we're both sides of the same coin. A "bad man" is the same as a "good man" biologically. Labels are all that changes things, and I truly am starting to believe it is the labels that are killing us.

MORE so now that we're trying to be more "tolerant" because we're pointing out MORE labels. It's crazy because the more we specify and analyze and make "different" through labels, the more alone (and afraid) we feel. Thus the only way out of it is to reverse the spiral and move towards unity.

Anyway, it's a big discussion, but here's a video that I think provides the doorway:

And then this link is one I stumbled upon today that was cool to read about: http://io9.com/how-much-longer-until-humanity-becomes-a-hive-mind-453848055

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Life - 12-04-2015

This isn't a bad idea. You know , we are all connected. I think that you have to remember, there's always someone going to be more alpha and more beta than you. So that puts you in the middle.

Now that you've got rid of that bs. Go out and achieve something you want or not. Just sit there and be happy. Life is like this subliminal store, you can just pick and choose experiences. Just an observation. Please, empower yourself.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-04-2015

(12-04-2015, 07:30 PM)Guider Wrote: This isn't a bad idea. You know , we are all connected. I think that you have to remember, there's always someone going to be more alpha and more beta than you. So that puts you in the middle.

Now that you've got rid of that bs. Go out and achieve something you want or not. Just sit there and be happy. Life is like this subliminal store, you can just pick and choose experiences. Just an observation. Please, empower yourself.

Well, I intend to become a pua still, buuut this changes my perspective, in that what function for the "hive" does being a pua serve? Maybe the reason most guys say "have a purpose" is because unless you're contributing in some way to the hive, you won't be seen as a reproductive option. Then again, scientists often don't have much success with girls (and yet they contribute a lot I'd say) so who knows.

There's also the whole "self-love/self-acceptance" thing that I don't understand just yet (and my people-pleasing/beta brother with mommy issues seems to have in spades these days because he's loved externally. The more people like him, the better he feels. This, I think, is actually what we should strive for, rather than breaking off the norm and "being your own man", but I digress)

Ultimately, I'm wondering if we should focus on this (as a species) like we're focusing on climate change. We should also STOP focusing on tolerance and labeling people, but more focus on acceptance of whatever IS in people around us, and within of course.

Also, for the starcraft nerds out there like myself, this was a good video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQirYEU2LOo

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-04-2015

(12-04-2015, 08:03 PM)yeah! Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 08:01 PM)yeah! Wrote: I think self love/self acceptance is actually internal, not because they are loved externally, thats why they are loved externally. When people feel you are like that they tend to be attracted to you (not necessarily sexually though) because they know they won't be judged, or at least judged less, therefore feeling like they can be themselves around you.

edit; I said more and could talk a lot more about this topic, but not right now.

I disagree. My brother has always had my mother's support, whereas I have not. This difference is all I can think of that has lead to this self-love. It is external however.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Daredevil - 12-05-2015

Hive minds are horrible and that's just a set up for a dystopian society. We are moving closer to that every day. Most species are not a hive mind so I don't know why you think a hive mind would be good for humanity. That would stunt souls growth for centuries and we'll end up like those little grey men.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-06-2015

(12-05-2015, 05:57 AM)Hercules Wrote: Hive minds are horrible and that's just a set up for a dystopian society. We are moving closer to that every day. Most species are not a hive mind so I don't know why you think a hive mind would be good for humanity. That would stunt souls growth for centuries and we'll end up like those little grey men.

Well there are a bunch of reasons. To start with, society is ALREADY socially-driven. This is just the way it is, and the more we resist that (by claiming we are individual little flowers) the more we create an ego-trip for ourselves, which is destructive and divisive.

Another reason I think this is a good idea is because, like you said, we are already heading in that kind of direction. Perhaps it is the next step in our species' evolution.

As for the grey men, I didn't know they existed. o.O

(12-05-2015, 01:09 AM)yeah! Wrote: Have you read The Charisma Myth by Olivia Cabane Sarge? If it's not on topic with this post, it's on topic with your original one.

I have the book but haven't read it fully (3 chapters in), why do you ask?

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Daredevil - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 02:10 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 05:57 AM)Hercules Wrote: Hive minds are horrible and that's just a set up for a dystopian society. We are moving closer to that every day. Most species are not a hive mind so I don't know why you think a hive mind would be good for humanity. That would stunt souls growth for centuries and we'll end up like those little grey men.

Well there are a bunch of reasons. To start with, society is ALREADY socially-driven. This is just the way it is, and the more we resist that (by claiming we are individual little flowers) the more we create an ego-trip for ourselves, which is destructive and divisive.

Another reason I think this is a good idea is because, like you said, we are already heading in that kind of direction. Perhaps it is the next step in our species' evolution.

As for the grey men, I didn't know they existed. o.O

(12-05-2015, 01:09 AM)yeah! Wrote: Have you read The Charisma Myth by Olivia Cabane Sarge? If it's not on topic with this post, it's on topic with your original one.

I have the book but haven't read it fully (3 chapters in), why do you ask?

Most Alien Species don't have hive minds. As I said before the little grey men do and it's not pretty.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Breeze - 12-13-2015

(12-04-2015, 07:12 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: It seems very possible that we SHOULD be a hive mind (and that this is already the case) because so much of human existence is inescapably fused with social... stuff. I don't know how to name it but look here, on this very board. People looking to get better with women (social) looking to improve their lives for social reasons. It's all social. The more I've gone through AM, the more I've realized that the idea of "being your own man" is an impossible to achieve concept, because I rely on other people without fail. I can't have sex with hot girls by myself. I need the hot girls in order to do that. I can't be an "alpha" without "betas", etc. This kind of unity is seen throughout life, and the more I think of it, the more I realize that this is, most likely, what is f*cking our species up, as a whole. The whole "us vs. them" paradigm is no good, since you can't get them without us, we're both sides of the same coin. A "bad man" is the same as a "good man" biologically. Labels are all that changes things, and I truly am starting to believe it is the labels that are killing us.

MORE so now that we're trying to be more "tolerant" because we're pointing out MORE labels. It's crazy because the more we specify and analyze and make "different" through labels, the more alone (and afraid) we feel. Thus the only way out of it is to reverse the spiral and move towards unity.

I visited a local park today. The beautiful green lake, kids running around, the warmth of the sun, everything was utterly heart whelming. But I also found myself surrounded by young boys and girls whose activity (taking selfies) I didn't approve of. I wished, at that moment, that they drop their act and be genuine. Why did I judge them not being genuine? Anyway, I ignored them. I felt a serene sense of oneness beside that lake, I felt so small and yet peaceful. My peace was soon disturbed by another group taking selfies, I overheard one of the girl say, "This is going to facebook." And I thought, "Foolish people! Don't they understand how superficial and approval seeking is this?" Soon they departed and my mind flashed back to the times when I took selfies, and it wasn't long ago. Actually, it was in the same park, 50 meters away from where I was sitting.

I did something myself what I resent in other people, I judged. And all the time I judged people for being judge full.

The point is, our thoughts are like boomerangs. Others are a mirror of our own selves. The label we put on others are the very labels that define us. "He is a terrible man!" - No, he isn't a terrible man, he is a mirror who shows you a part of yourself that you find terrible.

So yeah, labels are killing us. "Individuality" and "being your own man" is making us nothing but lonely. We label and tell ourselves that we are different. They are different. But at the end of the day, we are being exactly the same in our differences.

P.S. - The video in the 1st post isn't streaming for me, any alternatives?

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Life - 12-13-2015

I think the motive behind the topic is in the right place. Ideas like this change and grow throughout progress. Thanks for sharing

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Nox - 12-14-2015

What makes you think that humanitybisnt already in a hivemind situation? I haven't seen anything that shows that a seperate independent consciousness camt ultimately be under the control of a greater conscious that maintains that independence as an illusion for its own reason. Everything you do could have already been planned out, and is all designed to benefit a higher being.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-15-2015

(12-13-2015, 03:08 AM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: I visited a local park today. The beautiful green lake, kids running around, the warmth of the sun, everything was utterly heart whelming. But I also found myself surrounded by young boys and girls whose activity (taking selfies) I didn't approve of. I wished, at that moment, that they drop their act and be genuine. Why did I judge them not being genuine? Anyway, I ignored them. I felt a serene sense of oneness beside that lake, I felt so small and yet peaceful. My peace was soon disturbed by another group taking selfies, I overheard one of the girl say, "This is going to facebook." And I thought, "Foolish people! Don't they understand how superficial and approval seeking is this?" Soon they departed and my mind flashed back to the times when I took selfies, and it wasn't long ago. Actually, it was in the same park, 50 meters away from where I was sitting.

I did something myself what I resent in other people, I judged. And all the time I judged people for being judge full.

Yes, here you touched on Carl Jung's "Shadow Theory". If you're not aware of it, then coming to that realization on your own is a good sign.

The rule of thumb is: whatever you hate and despise/judge about other people, is YOU.

(12-13-2015, 03:08 AM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: The point is, our thoughts are like boomerangs. Others are a mirror of our own selves. The label we put on others are the very labels that define us. "He is a terrible man!" - No, he isn't a terrible man, he is a mirror who shows you a part of yourself that you find terrible.

Exactly. Have you seriously never read Jung's theory? If not, then that's impressive.

(12-13-2015, 03:08 AM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: So yeah, labels are killing us. "Individuality" and "being your own man" is making us nothing but lonely. We label and tell ourselves that we are different. They are different. But at the end of the day, we are being exactly the same in our differences.

P.S. - The video in the 1st post isn't streaming for me, any alternatives?

Couldn't agree with you more man. It's like how everyone wants to be unique, and by doing so, makes us all the same, and not unique at all lol.

Here's the video. this guy is fantastic, I've listened to most of his stuff, you can find it online. Also, like I said, it's just a doorway. I kind of "outgrew" Alan watts a few months ago, but it's good to re-connect with what he says, because it's so true. You'll not find a place where what he talks about isn't true. There are no exceptions, his teachings are universal constants as far as I can tell.

And here's another one I just found which is great on duality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU0PYcCsL6o

EDIT: And here's a quote by Alan that I think people' would benefit from greatly if they understood and internalized it:

"This is exactly what you're intended to discover- that when you try to eliminate desire in order to escape from suffering, you desire to escape from suffering. You are desiring not to desire." - Alan Watts

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - SargeMaximus - 12-15-2015

(12-14-2015, 01:54 PM)Nox Wrote: What makes you think that humanitybisnt already in a hivemind situation? I haven't seen anything that shows that a seperate independent consciousness camt ultimately be under the control of a greater conscious that maintains that independence as an illusion for its own reason. Everything you do could have already been planned out, and is all designed to benefit a higher being.

There are no "higher beings", and no "lower beings". Just beings.

This is the realization you have once you go deep into the duality of life.

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - Breeze - 12-15-2015

I am not aware of Jung's "Shadow Theory", but I will look into it. And thanks for the video. Alan Watts does sound fascinating. If you have any similar sources of knowledge, please feel free to recommend. Smile

RE: Humanity as a Hive Mind - mat422 - 12-15-2015

Good discussion. I think hive mind is the wrong term though. Hive mind implies being similar or doing things the same way as everyone else. I think what we really need is acceptance of others regardless of differences. I for one love individuality, life would be incredibly bland and boring without it. Some people are inherently different, even without a label. It's what has established some of the finest pieces of art in our society. Everyone should be ok with their individuality, not hide it under shame of being perceived as "a special little snowflake". Granted there are individuals who wear it as a source of identity, but this is to make up for their lack of self esteem or an outright denial to look deeper into their flaws.

Labels are the surface. Removing labels won't fix the problem. It's the human condition. Some individuals go on a path to better themselves and find that compassion and understanding for others. Others just don't even bother. How do you convince individuals to show more compassion or understanding if they truly do not give a shit?

There's going to be a tipping point in society. Either we're all going to learn to accept that we're all human and regardless of beliefs or differences we are essentially the same beings. Or we continue down the path of self destruction, which has already begun. Or aliens come to our planet and threaten to nuke the whole thing if we don't establish world peace.