Subliminal Talk
Feeling Claustrophobic due to resistance? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Feeling Claustrophobic due to resistance? (/Thread-Feeling-Claustrophobic-due-to-resistance)

Feeling Claustrophobic due to resistance? - ArcticFox - 11-19-2015

On several occasions recently I have had a feeling of being claustrophobic while in fairly normal surroundings. I experienced it again today and this time it was quite clear it was directly after listening to a masked sub.

I was in a cafe, and was sat in a cramped seat in which i wasn't comfortable at all, this felling of being unable to move triggered a mild claustrophobic reaction, which then went after 4-5 seconds.

I had the same feeling a couple of nights ago while getting into bed, I felt claustrophobic and was genuinely scared. The fear was triggered because of the thought of having the sub play all night, my mind was telling me not to play the sub. I overcame it and went to bed with the US playing.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this? Is this my body's way of triggering resistance by installing a basic fear? Its like my mind is wrapped up with cling film or a bubble and I am not in a clear reality.

RE: Feeling Claustrophobic due to resistance? - ArcticFox - 11-20-2015

(11-19-2015, 11:53 AM)FrostedFake Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 08:59 AM)ArcticFox Wrote: On several occasions recently I have had a feeling of being claustrophobic while in fairly normal surroundings. I experienced it again today and this time it was quite clear it was directly after listening to a masked sub.

I was in a cafe, and was sat in a cramped seat in which i wasn't comfortable at all, this felling of being unable to move triggered a mild claustrophobic reaction, which then went after 4-5 seconds.

I had the same feeling a couple of nights ago while getting into bed, I felt claustrophobic and was genuinely scared. The fear was triggered because of the thought of having the sub play all night, my mind was telling me not to play the sub. I overcame it and went to bed with the US playing.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this? Is this my body's way of triggering resistance by installing a basic fear? Its like my mind is wrapped up with cling film or a bubble and I am not in a clear reality.

That's the word I was searching for! I had this claustrophobia directly after upping the volume significantly.

Ah right, so I'm glad I'm not the only one! It feel's like my brain telling me it needs some breathing space, maybe why its making me feel claustrophobic?

RE: Feeling Claustrophobic due to resistance? - ArcticFox - 11-21-2015

(11-20-2015, 02:39 PM)FrostedFake Wrote: I don't know if its my brain that needs space but it almost feels like I'm having trouble breathing.

Yeah same, its like im on the edge of a panic attack and I have to take a deep breath and control my breathing and relax.

RE: Feeling Claustrophobic due to resistance? - TheRealJustin - 12-26-2015

(11-19-2015, 08:59 AM)ArcticFox Wrote: On several occasions recently I have had a feeling of being claustrophobic while in fairly normal surroundings. I experienced it again today and this time it was quite clear it was directly after listening to a masked sub.

Sounds like you just described me 100% back when I first started subs. One sub in particular TLAM did all that to me so badly I thought I ruined my brain forever, constantly thought I was about to have a heart attack my anxiety was through the roof, I swore I'd never touch subs again, and I didn't for about a year. After that I'd still experience all that with each new sub but I must be used to it now because now that never happens.

What sub are you running?

RE: Feeling Claustrophobic due to resistance? - TheRealJustin - 12-26-2015

(11-20-2015, 01:28 AM)ArcticFox Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 11:53 AM)FrostedFake Wrote:

That's the word I was searching for! I had this claustrophobia directly after upping the volume significantly.

Ah right, so I'm glad I'm not the only one! It feel's like my brain telling me it needs some breathing space, maybe why its making me feel claustrophobic?

Yea give your brain a bit of breathing space. I always listen to my brain when it tells me take a break or that it has had enough of a sub and to switch to something else.

If I were you I'd stop for a day or two or three and then you'll notice yourself wanting more and you'll start pressing play again.