Subliminal Talk
journal de la dissonance - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: journal de la dissonance (/Thread-journal-de-la-dissonance)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - eternity - 11-27-2015

i haven't been checking the forums enough! i didn't realize you had started a new journal..

*subscribes*

looking forward to your journal dissonance

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - dre72 - 11-28-2015

Hi everyone

So I have just started OF and have done 5 days. I would like to tag along and share my experience too. I've noticed very weird dreams. I'm only managing 9 hours a day - is that a problem?

How many days have you done it so far?With regards to battling your old self the below may make sense.

The subconscious mind is resistant to any change in an already established protocol of programmed behaviour.

The more you try to make changes in behaviour the more the subconscious mind will go on the defensive to resist that change. This applies to changes both positive and negative.

If you eat unhealthy food and you go on a healthier diet, the subconscious mind will resist that diet because it goes against the programmed behaviour of eating unhealthy junk food.

If you are physically unfit and start an exercise regimen to become more physically fit, the subconscious mind will resist the exercise regimen because it goes against the programmed behaviour of being physically unfit.

Once the subconscious mind has become comfortable in an established protocol of programmed behaviour, it will resist all attempts to make a conscious change to that established protocol of programmed behaviour.

It takes 30 days to install new parameters of programmed behaviour into the subconscious mind so they become a habit carried out subconsciously.

For this reason any "30 day diet" or "30 days to rock hard abs" program will usually fail around day 15.

Around the 15 day mark the new changes in habit you are trying to install have become just as powerful as the old habits you are trying to replace.

It is around the 15 day mark that the subconscious mind steps up its game and makes you become tired, bored, or disappointed with the results you have achieved so far. In short, your subconscious mind is actively trying to make you stop installing the new better changes because it is more comfortable with the established protocols of programmed behaviour.

When I listen to self-hypnosis recordings, it is around day 15 that I suddenly find myself saying to myself, "I don't want to listen to it tonight." Or "I'm so tired, I'm just going to go to sleep." Even though I know the self-hypnosis recording ends the Trance Termination by sending me into a deep regenerating rejuvenating sleep. I find myself not even looking at my MP3 player. Or somehow I have subconsciously, "conveniently", forgot to charge the player.

This is all the work of the subconscious mind actively resisting change.

To add a twist to this there are hypnosis recordings designed to help you eat healthier or help you achieve those rock hard abs.

So now you are fighting a battle on 2 fronts. 1. To listen to the recording and 2. To keep up eating healthy or to keep up your exercise regimen.

Admittedly doing 1. will help you do 2. easier, but still the resistant to change is now occurring on 2. fronts.

It may take 30 days to install new habits into the subconscious mind. But it takes an additional 30 days of doing the new habits to reinforce them in your subconscious mind. And yet an additional 30 days to firmly set those new habits into the subconscious mind so that carrying out the new habits become a natural normal subconscious response.

1. "90 days to rock hard abs!" somehow just sounds more appealing than

2. "30 days to rock hard abs!"

#2 gives me the impression this program doesn't seem so healthy and the exclamation mark is like a used-car salesman slinging his pitch.

#1 gives me the impression this program seems doable and the exclamation mark is more like a personal trainer trying to amp you up.

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - dissonance - 11-29-2015

Hey you should post that in the FAQ section, you'd get more answers Smile.

Been feeling even more emotionally disconnected from people today, probably a combination of resistance, causing me to fear emotional connection even more, and the fact that i overslept a couple hours, which whenver I do, it messes with my emotions.

Right now, I really need to get a job really badly, and I think the sub is making me very turbulent/resistant inside. I overslept even though I knew that oversleeping would fuck with my well-being and lifestyle/sleeping schedule a bit, which is really detrimental at this point, because I need to be clear and stuff when I apply to jobs, etc.

self-esteem sucks right now as well as confidence. resistance is strong today, i think it has begun.

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - dissonance - 12-03-2015

I really need to get a part-time job as a server within a month. Preferably within a week. My fears are still strong as hell in this regard. FUCK!!!!!

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - mat422 - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 11:54 AM)dissonance Wrote: I really need to get a part-time job as a server within a month. Preferably within a week. My fears are still strong as hell in this regard. ****!!!!!

Why as a server? Are there any other options? Speaking from experience, especially when it comes to anxiety, it's a good idea to pick a job that won't stress you out to the max. How do you feel about taking a job as a server?

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - dissonance - 12-03-2015

I used to work as a server, for 4 years. Also, I'm choosing restaurants where the crowd of co-workers are more similar to my age and the atmosphere is more like me. I'm using this to also help re-build my social life, because from my experience, restaurant co-workers often become friends. Also, being a server gets good pay because of the tips.. at least at the restaurants I'm looking to work at.

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - mat422 - 12-04-2015

(12-03-2015, 04:52 PM)dissonance Wrote: I used to work as a server, for 4 years. Also, I'm choosing restaurants where the crowd of co-workers are more similar to my age and the atmosphere is more like me. I'm using this to also help re-build my social life, because from my experience, restaurant co-workers often become friends. Also, being a server gets good pay because of the tips.. at least at the restaurants I'm looking to work at.

That's a good plan. Best of luck with that!

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - dissonance - 12-07-2015

Resistance has creeped up on me suddenly. I feel absolutely shitty about myself today..... as well as feeling depressed

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - eternity - 12-24-2015

how've you been doing on this?

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - hiddenalias - 12-24-2015

Makes me wonder if I should do OGSF first before AM 6.....naaa AM 6 may have to go first

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - dissonance - 12-24-2015

Still an up and down ride, but overall, I'm more comfortable with myself in my own skin. I used to feel afraid of what people think of me, and thinking I look really depressed and sad and/or uncool etc even though I know I'm not (it's like an OCD). But I'm feeling less discomfort in that area now; less but not none. Still got a good ways to go. I might do EPRHA 2.0 after OF 5G, before I do a second run of AM6, however, if MYPG (manifestyourperfectgirlfriend) comes out before then, I'm gonna do that instead of AM6.

RE: Overcoming Fear 1.1 (AM6 Finished & Executing) - dre72 - 12-26-2015

I'm 7 days into overcoming fear now. I'm averaging 6-8 hours while I sleep. Is that enough? I haven't really noticed any changes at all yet, but I am having some really strange/vivid dreams. Is the turning point after 15 days when the subconscious mind starts to concede?