Subliminal Talk
EHPRA Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: EHPRA Journal (/Thread-EHPRA-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: EHPRA Journal - mat422 - 08-08-2016

After going through a lot of ups and downs these past few days I think I'm getting a better idea of what's going on right now. I've been doing a lot of stuff to build a better life for myself. But it's always been my greatest downfall how I expect myself to change or improve in a day or two.

I'll give an example. I've been building a deep breathing habit whenever I notice anxiety creeping in. I center my mind and relax as much as possible. The first few times I did this, the anxiety didn't go away. My immediate reaction was that I should just give up. But by immediately giving up I teach myself to give up in the face of anxiety and let it consume me. This has been a chronic problem in my life, when things don't work out or I feel I come up short somehow there's that urge to just run away. The biggest problem is by doing this so often I've built up an association that running from problems=relief, instead of facing them head on and solving them. It's a temporary relief though, I'll be relaxed and think I'm dealing with stress in a healthy way but I'm not because I'm ignoring things that need to be worked on. Now awareness of that alone won't grant me freedom from it immediately. Far from it. This is something I have to commit to and practice every day.

I often wonder just how much my personality type makes it difficult for me to integrate the changes E2 brings to the table. Like I said, I have a strong tendency to avoid things, even things that are in my head. I've been that way since I was a kid. I think that's why my life never had much direction because I was attached to that passive path and when anyone tried to show me something I'd just default back to that mental state of passivity. In a way fear isn't the only problem, it's also my reaction to it.

I've also been practicing gratitude a lot more lately. If you guys haven't done this, seriously consider it. My life is by no means perfect, but I've really started to feel truly grateful for the things I do have. Today I had to go grocery shopping which I really hate. But instead of feeling like it was a chore I turned it around. I recognized I had the opportunity to not only afford to eat, but have so many choices to choose from and enjoy.

I used to be really cynical about gratitude, feeling like it wouldn't make a bit of difference to my mental state. But the more I've done it now the more I start to value so many things that I took for granted before. Something as simple as being able to hear so I can make my music. It really helps get me out of that hyper-focused state where I'm ruminating on all the things that makes life difficult.

RE: EHPRA Journal - Daredevil - 08-08-2016

Dude, you should try the Wim Hof method. Just search it up online.

RE: EHPRA Journal - cataleya - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 01:19 PM)Hercules Wrote: Dude, you should try the Wim Hof method. Just search it up online.

I checked it and looks really interesting however it includes meditation which Shannon said not practice while using E2 cause it would derail sub results Undecided

He said not to use binural beats. He would never say not to meditate, that would be ludicrous.

(10-29-2014, 10:10 PM)Shannon Wrote: The conflict arises from scripting methods that do not share correct scripting technique and/or scripting that conflicts. As coldfact states, this does not conflict with meditation except that as meditation seeks to focus your awareness on absence of thought, or perhaps focus it on a single concept, idea, thing... you should not use subs while meditating with the possible exception of brainwave entrainment used to alter your awareness for reasons other than standard meditative practice goals. Typically that would be done to put you in a maximally receptive state of awareness for the sub, but since subs bypass the conscious mind, using BWE is unnecessary anyway.

(05-30-2016, 07:08 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 12:03 PM)Bookstacks DC737 Wrote: Hey Shannon I was wondering if you could clarify some statements you made in this post: http://subliminal-talk.com/thread-5159-post-69089.html#pid69089

You said your subliminals were not to be used with any other form of mind programming, like NLP, hypnosis, etc.

I was just curious what the extent of this is?

I know you mentioned that meditation doesn't work well with EPRAHA in LionKing's journal. Was it simply his style of meditation or all meditation?

As far as NLP or Hypnosis goes I see them as just being tools to describe things other people have been doing with language and their minds for centuries, but does your definition of NLP or Hypnosis also include therapeutic tools like CBT, ACT, or goal visualization?

Thanks in advance for your reply Shannon Smile

I'm excited to hop onto the DAOS bandwagon as soon as I'm done taking out all this emotional garbage.

Mind programming can conflict if the goals are not fully compatible.

It can conflict if it is made by more than one creator, and especially if they have different approaches, levels of experience, degrees of understanding and drives to be precise and accurate.

The issue is conflict. I can only design the program to do it's job. I can't design it to know what crazy sh*t you guys might think of doing all at once.

So, the safe answer is...

use the subliminal, or use something else, but don't use both at once.

Its conflicting answers but i think that you shouldnt use meditation with BWE. If meditation derails results then Changing states by changing posture would derail results, Anthony Robbins methods would derail results etc.

RE: EHPRA Journal - cataleya - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 10:51 PM)Hercules Wrote: He said not to use binural beats. He would never say not to meditate, that would be ludicrous.

Hello ludicrous Big Grin

http://subliminal-talk.com/thread-7177-post-109836.html#pid109836

RE: EHPRA Journal - Blink - 08-09-2016

(08-08-2016, 10:51 PM)Hercules Wrote: He said not to use binural beats. He would never say not to meditate, that would be ludicrous.

He said not to meditate with the programs that have the state shifting. I think that includes DMSI and E2 so far. Check the link.

I know it's a bit surprising that someone would advise against meditation. But that's what happened...

RE: EHPRA Journal - cataleya - 08-09-2016

(08-09-2016, 05:33 AM)Blink Wrote:

He said not to meditate with the programs that have the state shifting. I think that includes DMSI and E2 so far. Check the link.

I know it's a bit surprising that someone would advise against meditation. But that's what happened...

Correct. I am afraid that if all future subs will use state shifting that would mean we can't meditate...

RE: EHPRA Journal - Daredevil - 08-09-2016

(08-09-2016, 08:13 AM)cataleya Wrote:

Correct. I am afraid that if all future subs will use state shifting that would mean we can't meditate...

You obviously didnt read my quotes, of Shannon stated that meditation is like concentration in one and state shifting in other. If we cant change our state then Mindfullness, the power of now and concentration on work are big no nos.

RE: EHPRA Journal - mat422 - 08-12-2016

Now I realize why I've been stalling my progress with E2. I've been fighting that sort of blank feeling this sub gives you so you don't re experience emotional trauma. I saw it as a bad thing, like I'm distancing myself from my emotions too much. So I'd have a bad habit of digging things up again and interfering with the program.

I think a lot of this is due to being heavily involved with meditation/mindfulness in the past and using it to cope with my anxiety and depression. I'm very used to consciously intervening to release or manage emotions. I realize now I have to give all that responsibility over to my subconscious and just go about my day. Take a completely hands off approach to all of this.

Not only was I stalling my progress, but I was creating more stress for myself by bringing the emotional pain into conscious awareness and dwelling in it. I just realized about 75% of my day was heavily involved with those negative thoughts and feelings instead of focusing on just enjoying my day or working on more productive things.

I've noticed when I don't run E2 enough I'm weighed down a lot more by my emotions. I wrongly assumed this was a good thing in the past as I felt the need to consciously know what was being healed. But now I see I wrongly assumed that emotional pain= more growth. Just goes to show there's a lot of misguided beliefs around healing and growth that can cause you more pain for no real reason.

RE: EHPRA Journal - Chris P. Bacon - 08-12-2016

It's better to find this out now rather than later. E2 is like a whole bunch of your negative beliefs and hurts all scabbing up at once and healing, if you don't pick them off again they will heal without a problem. Although the healing process can be a little itchy and uncomfortable it's the best thing for you.

RE: EHPRA Journal - mat422 - 08-15-2016

These past few days I feel like I'm moving through really thick mud. My progress has slowed significantly. Several times throughout my day I've just felt this overwhelming feeling of almost breaking down. I think there are just some things I still have a lot of difficulty with, no matter how much I try to pretend like I don't. My social anxiety is much better, but it still exists on a very subtle level. I think it's really just a conditioned response at this point. So stupid stuff like going to the grocery store just stresses me out more than it should. And work is harder than it needs to be because of my constant interaction with people. In some ways really obvious anxiety is better because when you're caught up in it it's somewhat easier to actually be aware of it. When it exists on a more subtle level it chips away at your energy levels and then you feel like crap and wonder why. It takes a while to stop and think oh yeah I shouldn't be feeling this way, it's not normal.

So yeah, still have anxiety. But I'm not fighting it as much any more. And the difference is nowadays I know I can get rid of it and I'm not attached to it. It's just a matter of continuing on and letting E2 do its job.

I've just been procrastinating hard. I've been having trouble looking for another job, no doubt due to my insecurities around my skills that aren't exactly up to scratch in my field. And I really need to get back to learning to code for web development. But I'm making more progress with my music. If I could have half as much focus and obsession with a more lucrative pursuit I'd probably be set, but as it stands music is still really the only thing that I have a true passion for. I've been thinking of getting into audio engineering or seeing if I could intern at a studio or something. At least then I'd still be around music and be able to make a living at the same time. I want to say that my progress with my music so far has been a positive, but in a way I'm putting it before everything else. A lot of guilt and shame surrounding it was lifted over these past few days and I just don't care what people think about me spending close to my whole day working on music. I have to exercise personal responsibility however because it's easy for me to get lost in it and more important stuff falls to the wayside.

All in all I'm aligning closer to a life that gives me everything I want. I'm pretty much outright refusing to live a life that most people constantly complain about. And my trust in E2 for getting me to that goal has grown because I really see now how limited people's views are on what life is. My mindset has shifted from "this world is rigged against me" to "I'm going to carve out my own little space and enjoy life regardless of what other people think is possible or not".

RE: EHPRA Journal - cataleya - 08-15-2016

(08-09-2016, 10:56 AM)Hercules Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 08:13 AM)cataleya Wrote:

You obviously didnt read my quotes, of Shannon stated that meditation is like concentration in one and state shifting in other. If we cant change our state then Mindfullness, the power of now and concentration on work are big no nos.

Sorry I accidentally missed the quotes...so you think the Wim Hof method could be practiced while listening to E2?

RE: EHPRA Journal - maxx55 - 08-15-2016

I'm glad I read your journal entry, I've been having doubts if E2 is still helping but seeing that others are having very similar experiences reassures me it's still helping.

Recently, I have been more proactive with my acting career. I've been interested in writing some scripts for an anime style show and some films, but I never did that much about it. Within the past couple of weeks, my creative thoughts have been flowing even more than they usually do and I've started working on the outline for 3 different scripts. I'm able to see things a bit better in my mind now about the characters.

Regardless of whatever else you're doing for your day job, it really looks like you should keep working on your music. Especially if you enjoy it man.