Subliminal Talk
Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Introductions)
+--- Thread: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. (/Thread-Don-t-know-where-to-begin-advice-sought-please)

Pages: 1 2

Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - AsIGotHitByACar - 09-16-2015

Hi there,

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible. I've been wanting to change myself for a very long and have felt I'm running out of methods to try. It'll be no surprise to many of the people who come to this forum that the issues I have involve low self-esteem, poor self-image, insecurity, lack of confidence with people, even less confidence when in comes to women from a romantic point of view, social phobia anxiety... all the classics.

I bought myself some Sleep-phones recently with a view to attempting any kind of mind programming, whether they be binaural beats, affirmation videos, subliminal... searching led me here, which seems to be the largest resource. I've been reading posts over the last few evenings and I hope I can be forgiven by being completely overwhelmed by information and would like some guidance on the very idea of even beginning to use these Subliminals.

As of Monday 7 September I have been attempting to sleep with the masked ocean surf version of Absolute Self-Confidence. I have missed two days due to having to stay overnight elsewhere unexpectedly. I can't be certain how many hours the sound has been reaching my ears as I often wake up with the sleepphones round my neck. When I find this, I pull them back up again, but I don't know how effectual this has even been so far.

So... It's only been a week. Am I approaching this the wrong way - any suggestions? I went straight for Absolute Self-Confidence as I just assumed that was the way to go from the free subliminals. The Emotional Pain Relief & Healing aid subliminal also strikes me as something that would be relevant to me. How would I know which would have been the best to start with? If I get result with anything from this site then by all means I'd be willing to try some of the paid subliminals. I just don't know if I've even started well or how to continue, making sure these signals are actually getting to my brain.

Any advice would be welcome.

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - Jake2015 - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 09:57 AM)AsIGotHitByACar Wrote: Hi there,

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible. I've been wanting to change myself for a very long and have felt I'm running out of methods to try. It'll be no surprise to many of the people who come to this forum that the issues I have involve low self-esteem, poor self-image, insecurity, lack of confidence with people, even less confidence when in comes to women from a romantic point of view, social phobia anxiety... all the classics.

I bought myself some Sleep-phones recently with a view to attempting any kind of mind programming, whether they be binaural beats, affirmation videos, subliminal... searching led me here, which seems to be the largest resource. I've been reading posts over the last few evenings and I hope I can be forgiven by being completely overwhelmed by information and would like some guidance on the very idea of even beginning to use these Subliminals.

As of Monday 7 September I have been attempting to sleep with the masked ocean surf version of Absolute Self-Confidence. I have missed two days due to having to stay overnight elsewhere unexpectedly. I can't be certain how many hours the sound has been reaching my ears as I often wake up with the sleepphones round my neck. When I find this, I pull them back up again, but I don't know how effectual this has even been so far.

So... It's only been a week. Am I approaching this the wrong way - any suggestions? I went straight for Absolute Self-Confidence as I just assumed that was the way to go from the free subliminals. The Emotional Pain Relief & Healing aid subliminal also strikes me as something that would be relevant to me. How would I know which would have been the best to start with? If I get result with anything from this site then by all means I'd be willing to try some of the paid subliminals. I just don't know if I've even started well or how to continue, making sure these signals are actually getting to my brain.

Hi

Welcome I read your post and wanted to help if I could. Im new here and you are already ahead of me in starting. I havent started any of the subliminals here as I have no equipment to but things will change very soon for me.

In all that time I have come here frequently to be inspired and learn and to keep my motivation up so I hope what little help I offer comes from some level of thought.

I cannot and perhaps am not the best person to advise you as to which to start with as there are far more qualified individuals here however what I have learnt from others is that if you want to see noticable change/effect/results to gain proof these subliminals work then start with ASC. If however you want to just get into it, not worried about seeing results fast but simply want to work at the core root and foundations of your issues then start with EPRHA.

The other way to perhaps do this would be start with ASC to see results then if you believe these work go ahead with either continuing with ASC or doing EPRHA or buying a subliminal.

In my case I was set to begin with EPRHA and for weeks was geared up for this but im going back to university, a sudden drastic and miraculous change to my thinking and life and thus after advice from others here decided its best I make uni my #1 goal and start with MLS (Maximum learning Speed).

What ive therefore learnt from this is that sometimes our choices are not based on what we think we need but at times what is needed by our lives at that time.

Regarding sleep phones. I was advised to get these and did but they caused me immense pain and discomfort. More than was worth it to me so sent them back. I have read reviews after this that revealed this is the case in very few cases as is the slipping of the sleep phones. If it slips it usually means you need a size smaller or that you either havent got it on right or that the sleep phones are just not right for you as they werent for me.

I will tell you therefore what im going to be doing.

I have bought wireless headphones. I got them 2 days ago. Bose Wireless over the ear Ae2w. On the ear arent for me as werent the sleep phones. I had some beats 2 by dr dre on ear and they caused me to have a hot head and ears - LITERALLY lol

I once at uni will start using these headphones though I doubt ill get the minimum 8hrs which is why these will be used to supplement the 8+hours I intend to get from the speakers I am going to buy called: AudioEngine A2+.

I hope this helps you

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - AsIGotHitByACar - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 11:13 AM)Jake2015 Wrote:

Hi

Welcome I read your post and wanted to help if I could. Im new here and you are already ahead of me in starting. I havent started any of the subliminals here as I have no equipment to but things will change very soon for me.

In all that time I have come here frequently to be inspired and learn and to keep my motivation up so I hope what little help I offer comes from some level of thought.

I cannot and perhaps am not the best person to advise you as to which to start with as there are far more qualified individuals here however what I have learnt from others is that if you want to see noticable change/effect/results to gain proof these subliminals work then start with ASC. If however you want to just get into it, not worried about seeing results fast but simply want to work at the core root and foundations of your issues then start with EPRHA.

The other way to perhaps do this would be start with ASC to see results then if you believe these work go ahead with either continuing with ASC or doing EPRHA or buying a subliminal.

In my case I was set to begin with EPRHA and for weeks was geared up for this but im going back to university, a sudden drastic and miraculous change to my thinking and life and thus after advice from others here decided its best I make uni my #1 goal and start with MLS (Maximum learning Speed).

What ive therefore learnt from this is that sometimes our choices are not based on what we think we need but at times what is needed by our lives at that time.

Regarding sleep phones. I was advised to get these and did but they caused me immense pain and discomfort. More than was worth it to me so sent them back. I have read reviews after this that revealed this is the case in very few cases as is the slipping of the sleep phones. If it slips it usually means you need a size smaller or that you either havent got it on right or that the sleep phones are just not right for you as they werent for me.

I have bought wireless headphones. I got them 2 days ago. Bose Wireless over the ear Ae2w. On the ear arent for me as werent the sleep phones. I had some beats 2 by dr dre on ear and they caused me to have a hot head and ears - LITERALLY lol

I once at uni will start using these headphones though I doubt ill get the minimum 8hrs which is why these will be used to supplement the 8+hours I intend to get from the speakers I am going to buy called: AudioEngine A2+.

I hope this helps you

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's reassuring to know that you think ASC is a good place to begin. I measured my head and and it's approx. 56 cm, which should be fine for the medium Sleepphone I bought. I'm concerned that if I send them back to be replaced with smaller ones (beyond not having much patience being without them), then those will then be too tight and I'll need to try and replace them again. I have no idea if I'm getting the minimum 8 hours and I really hope that what I am doing is good enough to get me some results. I also wonder when it will be conceivable that I will notice anything at all. Perhaps I'm too eager/desperate.

Like I said earlier, if I could get some results out of the free downloads, then I'm sure it'd see me want to take things further. I just don't want to be on the wrong path and disheartened, giving up early. It feels like nothing else has worked for me, from mindfulness to CBT to primal therapy. Time is running out for me to be the person I feel I currently cannot be.

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - DarthXedonias - 09-16-2015

Welcome to the forums. Your situation sounds a lot like mines before I got here. I had pretty much tried everything to change my life around before these subs. So, I was pretty much very eager to try them because I saw it as a last ditch effort. I went straight for AM6 and came out a totally different person on the other side. You should also get good results with the sub as long as your not a very resistant personality type. Anyway, I would probably for you recommend EPRHA as your first sub and run it for about 3 to 6 months. I say this because from what you said it would seem like you are carrying around some mental garbage that might be holding you back and EPRHA will definitely help with clearing it out. Also, I believe the general consensus around here is that when you clear out the mental garbage first it tends to make it a smoother ride when you do other subs since you don't have as much resistance.

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - Voytek - 09-17-2015

EPHRA, ASF or OF.

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - AsIGotHitByACar - 09-17-2015

Thanks so much for the advice. Yes, I certainly carrying around a lot of "mental garbage", which is a great way of describing it. Having read a few people's experiences, I am quite apprehensive about beginning with it as I've heard them saying it can be extremely distressing what it brings up. I'm in a current situation right now where I am suffering from the repercussions of an incident six months ago, where I passed out drunk and ended up in hospital with a head injury. In my confused state, I called a policeman a "fucking arsehole" and a "dickhead" when he seemingly, suddenly appeared in my face - I didn't have clue what was going on or who I was talking to. When they released me from the hospital I had handcuffs on me and I spent a couple of hours in the cells, where they told me I was going to be charged. I'm currently trying to deal with the letter I received a couple of days ago from the procurator fiscal - I have no idea how I'm going to fight this, or simply plead guilty and get a criminal record. It's probably be a small fine, but I don't want a record and the experience is a bit of a nightmare. Would it be safe for me to start EPRHA at this point in time? I want to do something.

And I woke up again this morning with the Sleephones round my neck.

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - Jake2015 - 09-17-2015

(09-16-2015, 11:43 AM)AsIGotHitByACar Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 11:13 AM)Jake2015 Wrote:

Hi

I hope this helps you

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's reassuring to know that you think ASC is a good place to begin. I measured my head and and it's approx. 56 cm, which should be fine for the medium Sleepphone I bought. I'm concerned that if I send them back to be replaced with smaller ones (beyond not having much patience being without them), then those will then be too tight and I'll need to try and replace them again. I have no idea if I'm getting the minimum 8 hours and I really hope that what I am doing is good enough to get me some results. I also wonder when it will be conceivable that I will notice anything at all. Perhaps I'm too eager/desperate.

Like I said earlier, if I could get some results out of the free downloads, then I'm sure it'd see me want to take things further. I just don't want to be on the wrong path and disheartened, giving up early. It feels like nothing else has worked for me, from mindfulness to CBT to primal therapy. Time is running out for me to be the person I feel I currently cannot be.

Hey you're welcome and yes as far as I know ASC should give you some noticeable viewable result soon and then you decide. Id recommend as others have also said that EPRHA may be the best place to then start to clear any mental garbage.

Okay well I had the medium ones and though they didnt move as is your case, mine caused me suffering lol I cannot recommend to you what to do as youre right the smaller onces may just be pointless so therefore do the next best thing, give these another few days atleast and then decide.

If you decide after a few days a week or 2weeks that they do still move then send them back and get speakers as I suggested and use those and maybe headphones in the day if your day allows you to fit that listening of headphones in.

The key is to make sure you get the 8hrs minimum no matter what and the best way is always when sleeping.

okay firstly giving up is when you have failed, if you are breathing then every morning of every day is a restart, a refresh of your lifes brower to do it right or better again so that defeatist approach I understand but youre here now.

Next dont worry so many here see results, some amazing some good some great some okay-ish what these all tell me though is that these subs work because everyone notices something at some point, so dont worry about the results, patience is key.

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION!!! as said by Robert McCall aka the Denzel Washington in the movie Equalizer (the tv show was amazing too)

So play the sub and forget about it, dont monitor or watch for a change and this is why everyone suggests creating a journal, either here or in a notebook, so that you just write let go and get on with life, eventually 1 month, 2 month, 3month, 6month or 1 year later you will read and realise how you have changed incase you dont notice it immediately as some change is so gradual and subtle you forget or wonder if it really occurred.

But dont worry and dont focus on the change, focus on listening every day for 8hrs - 21hrs and thats all shift your focus and your measurement to the listening and the change im sure will happen for you and for me Smile

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - AsIGotHitByACar - 09-17-2015

Would it be safe/advisable to just switch to EPRHA?

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - Jake2015 - 09-17-2015

(09-17-2015, 02:15 PM)AsIGotHitByACar Wrote: Would it be safe/advisable to just switch to EPRHA?

If you mean you want to try something to help you with your current predicament, then perhaps one of the positive and success subliminals is advisable but I prefer someone else here say as im not as experienced yet.

In regards to EPRHA you can start that whenever I think but hopefully someone else will reply here and tell you

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - Voytek - 09-17-2015

(09-17-2015, 03:39 AM)AsIGotHitByACar Wrote: And I woke up again this morning with the Sleephones round my neck.

You can try a rubber band to solve this problem. It`s not very comfortable but it works. At least for me. Smile

(09-17-2015, 02:45 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 02:15 PM)AsIGotHitByACar Wrote: Would it be safe/advisable to just switch to EPRHA?

If you mean you want to try something to help you with your current predicament, then perhaps one of the positive and success subliminals is advisable but I prefer someone else here say as im not as experienced yet.

In regards to EPRHA you can start that whenever I think but hopefully someone else will reply here and tell you

Just round the outside of the headphones? I'll give it a try. Going to stick ASC for at least tonight. I really wonder if EPRHA is truly the one for me to start with, though. No idea how long it would take to then move on ASC properly.

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - maxx55 - 09-17-2015

Hey welcome to the forum!

If I was in your situation, I'd start with EPRHA. I'd start listening during the daytime with some earphones or some speakers that meet the the requirements. And I'd stick with it listening at least 8 hours a day for a minimum of 3 months, then evaluate myself to see if an extra 3 months would be worth it.

By the time you are ready to move on from EPRHA, you'd be ready to go in whatever direction you choose without all those limiting beliefs and mental blocks. If you wanted to change your life with AM6 afterwards, you'd be ready. Or if you wanted to use another sub for free, like ASC, you'd be more than ready.

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - eternity - 09-17-2015

(09-17-2015, 03:30 PM)AsIGotHitByACar Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 02:45 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:

Just round the outside of the headphones? I'll give it a try. Going to stick ASC for at least tonight. I really wonder if EPRHA is truly the one for me to start with, though. No idea how long it would take to then move on ASC properly.

i actually found a solution for this a couple nights ago. i've attached a pic here in my journal : http://subliminal-talk.com/thread-5713-post-84274.html#pid84274

And now, on to the subs. I personally speculate EPRHA to be more effective than ASC in a case like yours, which is similar to mine. I say this because there's some deep rooted issues like trauma that caused MY low self esteem, social anxiety, etc. With a bunch of internal issues like you mentioned in your first post, EPRHA seems like the safest bet.. and then ASC if you want to stick with the free ones. Keep in mind I'm not saying one is better than the other, AND i should disclose that I have not used either, but I HAVE read about both and if I were to go back in time and choose a free sub to use before I started anything, I would choose EPRHA for the reasons I listed above. Instead, I dove headfirst into AM6, listening at approx 18 hours average per day...

So my suggestion is EPRHA. for 96 days, at 14 hours per day IF you can manage 14 hours per day. the more the better, but once you start pushing 18, 19, and 20 hours you are in "input" mode for a long time and the "output" doesn't really show up until you complete the sub, in which case all the add'l hours you put in will make a rebound comeback. It can get complicated to explain but this is something I'm discovering with myself, and have found 17 - 18 hours per day of listening to 5g subs to be my sweet spot.

welcome to the forum buddy Smile i have noticed this forum is full of people who want to help others help themselves. Feel free to pm me or some of the other guys on here and we'll be happy to guide you in any way we can. Shannon himself will chime in from time to time with some sage advice, and Ben is an experienced member and moderator of the forum who will also give solid feedback.

RE: Don't know where to begin - advice sought please. - AsIGotHitByACar - 09-18-2015

Thanks again. I have switched to EPHRA. It does sound right for me.

I'm seriously considering getting my Sleepphones swapped for a smaller pair, it just means dealing with Amazon which could take up to a week. I just hope that my Bluetooth speaker is of any use whatsoever while I'm without my current pair.