Subliminal Talk
MP3 players - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: MP3 players (/Thread-MP3-players--5935)

Pages: 1 2

RE: MP3 players - maxx55 - 10-07-2016

(10-06-2016, 11:18 PM)Mr. Anderson Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 09:15 PM)AbundanceCH Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 09:12 PM)bits Wrote: bluetooth compresses the audio so im not sure if it would make sense to use FLAC in that case
The cd player is for playing the flaac files. Having bluetooth is mainly because it comes in handy for a lot of things and buying a stereo system without it is missing out.

Basically looking for a cd stereo system + can play flaac files + has bluetooth built in

That is the total package.

I think what bits was talking about that it doesn't make sens to use higher quality audio files if you use bluetooth, which has lossy compression to transfer the music. In fact, you could even loose mp3 information with bluetooth. But looks like people are still getting results with bluetooth, so the loss might not be that bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that bluetooth earphone usage at night beats using wired speakers at night. With the earphones both ears hear the audio regardless of how much you toss and turn.

But of course during the day, wired earphone usage is best.

RE: MP3 players - RTBoss - 10-07-2016

I'm 'mirin this DAP:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap

RE: MP3 players - Shawn - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 09:33 AM)maxx55 Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 09:12 PM)bits Wrote: bluetooth compresses the audio so im not sure if it would make sense to use FLAC in that case
The cd player is for playing the flaac files. Having bluetooth is mainly because it comes in handy for a lot of things and buying a stereo system without it is missing out.

Basically looking for a cd stereo system + can play flaac files + has bluetooth built in

I think what bits was talking about that it doesn't make sens to use higher quality audio files if you use bluetooth, which has lossy compression to transfer the music. In fact, you could even loose mp3 information with bluetooth. But looks like people are still getting results with bluetooth, so the loss might not be that bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that bluetooth earphone usage at night beats using wired speakers at night. With the earphones both ears hear the audio regardless of how much you toss and turn.

But of course during the day, wired earphone usage is best.

If the bluetooth compression keeps the important subliminal information then yes, otherwise no. It's just I don't trust bluetooth, because it uses lossy compression, which is similar to recompressing the files Shannon made. But, again, people are using bluetooth here and getting results, so it can't be that bad.

RE: MP3 players - AbundanceCH - 10-07-2016

I just want bluetooth as an option to play regular mp3s. I would play the flac on the cd.