Subliminal Talk
** Bring Back Fonzy ** - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** (/Thread-Bring-Back-Fonzy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - athanas - 03-26-2015

he probably PM'ed way more people than we think. I also received similiar Pm's regarding clearing and ranting about certain people on this forum. And yes, he tried to force his opinions on me through PMs, I thought I was the only one.

It could be possible that he is lurking here under another nick if Admins don't want to IP-ban him which can have collateral damage on other accounts sharing a similiar IP-adress.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - zen - 03-26-2015

IMHO, this thread needs to be deleted by default. It's not fair to bitch someone when he cannot react. I mean, it's really lame --- not "alpha."

Of course, this ban should have been in place place long time ago but well ... . Also, I think the reasons are better to be shared in private or not at all.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - stratos - 03-26-2015

In my opinion getting mouthy on a forum is good reason for a temporary ban as the person may have meant things in good faith. Ripping off the product that's being sold here and harassing people over PM makes sense to ban permanently as that speaks to flaws in someone's character and not just low self esteem. So I was happy to see him thrown out the airlock and hope he never, ever comes back.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - JackOfHearts - 03-26-2015

Actually the thread purpose was more to know if Fonzy really fu**d up.
Just with the few post here, it is clear that he tried to manipulate people into his thing (a lot of them).

If you still have doubts I can share a screenshot where he tried to resell me his AM5 copy.

At first I saw it as help but then he started to bash about other people, insulting other member, etc. I saw that as "ok" if it didn't go any further but then the AM5 reselling is on another level.

(03-26-2015, 09:49 AM)Ricardo Wrote: I think to ban him permanently is silly because as a lot of people agree, he is knowledgeable and while he may have over stepped the mark he should have received no more than a temporary ban in the first instance.

Knowledgeable is one thing. After what he has done I'm not sure if I can trust his review anymore. You are being too nice Ricardo. Rules are rules. It's sad but he has to be done. According to Ben he was also warned and he didn't listen.

I have the same feelings about him, no worries. He PMed me as well, but he didn't try to sell me AM5 as I was already using it. From the beginnings I had some doubts about his character. But still, judging him in public and doing all this is too much.

The problem is just on the Admin side where no measures were taken from the start.

I believe this thread went into a wrong direction, not aligned with the spirit of this company. We were supposed to become a better version of ourselves. In my book, being a better person does not mean putting ones down in public without giving them the access to fight back.

Plus, as long as his positive threads will be in place, after 6 months very few people will remember about him and what he did. It will remain great, glowing reviews of someone who appears to be banned. Isn't is hilarious or not!

*** Now I see that there is not much left with his threads. Maybe it's a very good decision.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - SargeMaximus - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 12:42 PM)zen Wrote: The problem is just on the Admin side where no measures were taken from the start.

I believe this thread went into a wrong direction, not aligned with the spirit of this company. We were supposed to become a better version of ourselves. In my book, being a better person does not mean putting ones down in public without giving them the access to fight back.

I thought measures were taken, Ben said he was warned.

I understand about being "better" people and stuff, but that doesn't include hiding the truth. If it comes out that someone was being a certain way, we, as "better" people are obligated to speak up if it's true or not.

I, personally, didn't mention the pm's to Ben at the time because like I said: me and Fonzy never got along and it's normal (to me) for internet forum people to be a bit odd, no?

But when Ben asked me if Fonzy had been harassing me, I wasn't going to lie just because I was a "better" person. The truth had to be told in the interest of public wellfare.

Once again with this topic, I felt it would be good for people to hear my story, as I'm sure everyone else who contributed did. We're not bashing the guy, we're simply saying what happened, if there ARE hurt emotions involved, it's understandable though.

I suggest sending this thread to the Testimonials Section. (I'm not trolling, I'm serious.)

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - eternity - 03-26-2015

as per the rules we agreed to when signing up

Please read and observe the following rules.

We, the owners and administrators, reserve the right to amend, append or alter these rules at any time. We will try to post notice of this in the Store Announcements section; however, it is your responsibility to know what the rules are and follow them at all times. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.
Spamming and all other forms of unapproved, unwanted and unsolicited advertising are hereby banned. You may NOT post any advertising in your signature.
Making reference to other companies and/or their products is allowed as long as the reference does not constitute spamming, bashing or unauthorized advertising.
(Modified 10/29/2012) Users may not make mention of, or discuss religion or any concepts commonly incorporated into religious belief systems. (Including astrology) This is a broad ban on religion and religious concepts. If you wish to make any mention of religion, there is a religion-safe and an astrology thread in the chatter box.
"Flaming" others, flame wars, and unnecessary rudeness and arguing are prohibited.
Flaming others, flame wars and rudeness are never necessary.
Disagreements are inevitable; civility is required. Be kind, polite and considerate to each other at all times.
Have decorum. Use appropriate and clean language. This is a public forum where we discuss things in a civil (and hopefully friendly) manner, not a barbarian camp.
You may not spread or discuss hate-based philosophies, ideas, beliefs or organizations here, including racism and sexism. Not even in the Off Topic sections.
You may not use the forum or the server it resides on to store, transfer, transmit, share or disseminate anything that constitutes harmful or illegal material of any kind. If we find that anything of this type is happening, we will report it to the proper authorities immediately, and work with them to the full extent of the law to make sure the responsible parties see justice.
Continual infractions against these rules will result in action against you, which may include (but is not limited to) loss of posting rights, moderation of your posts, and if the infractions are severe and/or repeated enough, banning you from the forum for a period of time, which may be permanent.
We the forum owner(s) reserve the right to censor the use of what we consider inappropriate language in order to maintain the atmosphere and spirit we desire for this forum to have. Specifically, we will replace words that are inappropriate for decorum, civility and children, with asterisks. If you keep to using polite, friendly conversational language, you should never see anything you say censored this way.
Please keep attachments and avatars clean and suitable for a general audience, including children.
We do not intend this forum to be used by or read by children, and therefore do allow the discussion of adult sexual subjects in the appropriate sub-forum. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to view or post in the adult discussion area. Please keep sexual discussions as civil as possible.
Please respect our copyrights and those of others: do not post links to, or attachments of, nor in any other way use this forum to distribute, share, transfer, or disseminate any form of material or media that is copyrighted unless you have some way to prove that you have permission from the copyright owner which may be independently verified by us with the copyright holder. This forum is for the exchange of information and ideas regarding subliminals, not infringing on copyright laws.

Amendments:

1. The "Family & Work Safe Section" absolutely needs to stay clean. If your posts reference or deal with any topics of an adult nature, or trigger our profanity filter, we reserve the right to edit your posts in this section to be "Family & Work Safe". Continuous infractions of this nature will result in warning. We have no problem with those who wish to freely speak their mind, but must do so in the appropriate areas.

Posts within the "Family & Work Safe Section" (Including product discussion, journals, and requests) must comply to the following:

1) No reference to adult products
2) Not trigger our profanity filters purposefully
3) Not contain topics of an Adult nature, or references to using products to pursue the opposite gender

Failure to comply with keeping a clean environment for all ages and genders in this area will first result in post modification. Second infraction will result in a warning. Third infraction may result in loss of user privileges to post in the Family & Work Safe area.

2. Encouraging others to break the law, especially with regards to stealing, pirating, or "sharing" digital goods or intellectual property, is not acceptable and not allowed.

3. Those who encouraging others to break the law, especially with regards to stealing, pirating, or "sharing" digital goods or intellectual property, may be banned at any time, permanently, at the discretion of the forum administrators, and without warning or explanation.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - AfzalG - 03-26-2015

did i miss something :O what did fonzy do ?

can someone give me the link in which the thing between him and geodude happend?

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - Geodude - 03-26-2015

http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-EPRHA--4985?page=10

Enjoy.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - robstar - 03-26-2015

Maybe after he does a little clearing he should come back Tongue

But yeah I'm one of the people who got weird pm's from him.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - gelimang - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 04:37 AM)stratos Wrote: What do you mean he "gave" you subs? The free ones aren't really a gift and the paid ones wouldn't really be a "gift" either if it was a copy.
I mean he did really give me some subs while he buys it for me dude.. he have some unused 3g subs when he was buys all the subs from new year sale, so he decided to gave me some for good.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - JackOfHearts - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 01:12 PM)zen Wrote: I suggest sending this thread to the Testimonials Section. (I'm not trolling, I'm serious.)

Why would they do that seriously ? I don't know if you have read this thread seriously but Fonzy was clearly harassing a lot of the member by pm. I don't think you will find any forum who will tolerate that kind of behavior.

(03-26-2015, 09:07 PM)Alpha360 Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 01:12 PM)zen Wrote: I suggest sending this thread to the Testimonials Section. (I'm not trolling, I'm serious.)

Why would they do that seriously ? I don't know if you have read this thread seriously but Fonzy was clearly harassing a lot of the member by pm. I don't think you will find any forum who will tolerate that kind of behavior.

What I find on other forums is this type of trashy threads. I thought that this one is different. Well, it's not.

Even after a couple of days since banning him and since Ben explained in short words in a different threads what happened, you are still searching for explanations. And the way it's done is a masterpiece. That's why I proposed to move this thread to the Testimonials section.

I always thought that Shannon's subs give hou the edge. Right now I'm no longer convinced. People who ran AM/Ephra and are manifesting this way ... .

I'm out of this conversation. Do as you like.