Subliminal Talk
** Bring Back Fonzy ** - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** (/Thread-Bring-Back-Fonzy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - Shannon - 03-26-2015

Ben brought Fonzy's odd behavior to my attention and I suggested that he also consult Andrew as to what to do. Andrew and I both have agreed that we have Ben in the position that he is in because he does a good, reliable job, and we both trust his judgement. He is the lead forum moderator and as such part of his job is to keep our forum clean and prevent people from breaking the rules. When people do break the rules they are warned, and not just once. In Fonzy's case, there was a lot of warning and a lot of "putting up with" the treatment of not just Ben, but other forum members and customers. We are trying to grow the community, not scare away people because we don't enforce the rules. That is not just bad for business, it's bad for the forum community as well.

It surprised me and saddened me that this situation has arisen and resulted in the outcome that it did, but I cannot say that it was not without plenty of fair warning for Fonzy. We do not ban people lightly, and we do not ban people frequently. We are not at all "sensitive" here. I believe Fonzy is just the second or third person banned from this forum ever for reasons other than being a spammer. That means we ban someone here on average significantly less than once per year. See if you can find another forum that can say the same without being a complete free-for-all. We try hard NOT to ban people, and in fact have avoided banning people in multiple cases that I might have done so otherwise, were it not for Andrew's input. But rules are rules, and we cannot have people breaking rules if they are going to be followed, we cannot have people being harassed. When rules and authority to enforce the rules are ignored and even mocked, we respond according to the rules. We trust Ben's judgement. In spite of the sadness it causes me to see this happen, it will stand according to Ben's judgement so long as he has our trust in doing his job correctly. It is my rule that we will not tolerate any of our staff abusing or harassing our customers, and we will not tolerate any of our customers abusing or harassing our staff. Period.

As for his posts and threads, they are left in place not because they were good for advertising, which they were (and we thank him for his kindness in that direction). They are left in place for the value they contribute to the community, as he was a knowledgeable member. Usually, we avoid removing posts and/or threads that are not in violation of the rules, even if the person creating them is banned. I will say it again, it makes me sad to see him shoot himself in the foot like he did, but if we do not enforce the rules when they are broken, why do we have them at all? Fonzy made his choices and actions, and he is accountable for those choices and actions, just as all of the rest of us are. If you break the rules, then the rules will be enforced. It's true for all of you just as it is for me, which is why I no longer discuss certain topics, even though I may disagree as to whether or not they fall under the jurisdiction of the rules. I follow the rules as understood by the enforcers of those rules, of which I am one of three such persons. We keep things fair from top to bottom here. It's not always pleasant, but it is necessary to preserve the order, integrity and spirit of the community, and the community and business itself.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - ffaux - 03-26-2015

Not that great. Mostly annoying. Don't understand what the fuss is about.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - Adri - 03-26-2015

ffaux, it happened in the background. What you see is just the tip of the iceberg. Fonzy PM'd me mean and bad things about another member... and I don't want to be in the position of that other member! If fonzy pm'd him like he did with me... well it should be called harassement.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - stratos - 03-26-2015

If Fonzy was stealing and reselling Shannon's subliminals maybe that explains why he was interested in the anti piracy code topic. I was wondering why he was talking about that on the forum.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - Spiritman - 03-26-2015

I look at as, the rules are here for a reason. They need to be enforced, and it sounds like Fonzy had multiple chances to clean his act up. He didn't take the warnings, so now he has to deal with the consequences. Plus, the fact he was stealing/reselling Shannon's subliminals is enough reason to be banned, without warning. So, again he brought all this on himself, people have to remember there are consequences for your actions, if you break the rules, be prepared to suffer the repercussions.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - in3deep - 03-26-2015

Can't he just register a new nick n be back?

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - gelimang - 03-26-2015

hmmm, all this time that man, fonzy do so many good things on me, especially he give me some legal 3g subs for use and advice. I don't know that man has a darker side on him

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - stratos - 03-26-2015

What do you mean he "gave" you subs? The free ones aren't really a gift and the paid ones wouldn't really be a "gift" either if it was a copy.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - SargeMaximus - 03-26-2015

I wasn't going to post in this but I might as well.

Fonzy and I never really got along, but when I was doing my SM journal he had become antagonistic towards me. He sent me a pm explaining how I was on a "dark path", which is fine if he was open to discussing it. Problem is he wasn't. I couldn't reply to his pm because he had me blocked.

I mentioned it in my journal (which I knew he visited regularly because he would "thank" everyone's replies except mine lol. Real kindergarten stuff) in the hopes that he would unblock me and we could discuss whatever he was talking about.

After that, he sent me another pm basically telling me I was screwed in life lol. So I blocked him.

When he opened his own journal on here, I was curious, because I, too, respected him at least as an "authority" of sorts on subs. But I couldn't read the content because I had him blocked. So I unblocked him to see what he was saying.

Now I can't remember what it was, but I read a few sentences and just re-blocked him because I figured he'd gone off the deep end.

Anyhow, that's my story.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - JackOfHearts - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 03:58 AM)in3deep Wrote: Can't he just register a new nick n be back?

He should have already done it, just watch out he will be reborn new and shiny.
That would be his second chance. But I'm sure it will be hard to fake who he is in the long term. If he is willing to do it all over again.

Or better yet maybe he had another account already. It's something I would do if I was trying to steal something from a forum (hypothesis).

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - Geodude - 03-26-2015

Just for the record, I honestly have no ill-will towards the guy. Like other users on this forum, he probably suffers from low self-esteem. Knowing this, I let most of his comments and PM's roll off my back. I warned him to show some respect for me and other users or face the consequences, and he finally quit harassing me for about 6 months. When he made the mistake of posting on my journal recently, well, you know the rest...

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - Ricardo - 03-26-2015

My experience with Fonzy was fine. He pm'd me many times and we had discussions about the subs and how to use them. He never dissed me or tried to sell me anything, neither did he insult me or do anything for me to think badly of him.

If he torrented/ downloaded pirated and presumably AP free 3G's (were they free from AP?) then that's wrong clearly, but then I'm sure 99% of the people here know how to access files illegally anyway.

I think to ban him permanently is silly because as a lot of people agree, he is knowledgeable and while he may have over stepped the mark he should have received no more than a temporary ban in the first instance. If he continued after that then ban permanently. If I was Ben I would have instituted a temporary ban long before things got as far as they did, as that would have sent a message to Fonzy to improve his behavior or go permanently.

I know he was dead against all the clearing stuff that was going on and had strong suspicions that Geodude was bulling in a lot of areas on his journal, so it's not unreasonable to question someones journal if things don't seem right.

I think the whole process was handled badly and forum mods should look to giving temporary bans after only a few complaints then ban the member if they come back and still misbehave.

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - pcrepair951 - 03-26-2015

I think the whole forum should VOTE before someone is banned only fair

RE: ** Bring Back Fonzy ** - guilotine - 03-26-2015

I have nothing bad to say about the guy. He only sent me a few Pm's but they were to wish me good luck when I started my journals. He even sent me encouraging messages when I posted my frustration at the lack of results. I am surprised that other people have had bad experiences with him.