Subliminal Talk
Digital Subliminal Drug Simulants: Good or bad idea? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Experimental Programs Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Experimental-Programs-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Digital Subliminal Drug Simulants: Good or bad idea? (/Thread-Digital-Subliminal-Drug-Simulants-Good-or-bad-idea)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Digital Subliminal Drug Simulants: Good or bad idea? - Shannon - 03-16-2015

Bingo. That's exactly what I have in mind. Yes, I can remove negative effects, and I can shape the experience. But there's no need for drugs or drug associations. I can simply create something that allows people to relax in the ways that allow them to overcome social anxiety and enjoy socializing, without impairing their cognitive functions.

So it really is not necessary to make drug simulants at all. We can create programs that have nothing to do with drugs, but that get people their desired effect in a safe and effective way that won't cause anyone problems, regardless of how the program is used.

Alcohol is usually used for overcoming stress, fear and pain. So is marijuana, along with stress. And other drugs as well. All I need to do is create a program that allows people to at once let go of their fear ad pain, and heal it's causes. Theoretically. We shall see. I have in mind one for social lubricant, and that can be extended to "Overcoming Dance Anxiety!", and marijuana is about stress relief too, so make one for mental, emotional and physical relaxation, but without going so far that people can't function. Achieve a relaxed, enjoyable, maximally effective state for whatever activity is being pursued. That sort of thing. Win-win end goal, instead of lose win or lose lose.

RE: Digital Subliminal Drug Simulants: Good or bad idea? - Superman - 03-16-2015

Wow so these subs could potentially induce any state desired in a person!

This could have so many applications!

-instantly overcome anxiety whether it be for interviews or public speaking, sexual etc
-instant mood elevator/ anti depression
-instant relaxation
- overcome dance anxiety sounds like it was made for me
- instant focus
-instant confidence
-instant Playboy (calm, cool, confident, cocky, unattached to outcome)
- instantly fall in love? Is that even possible?

The possibilities are endless with this technology.

RE: Digital Subliminal Drug Simulants: Good or bad idea? - K-Train - 03-16-2015

So Shannon, can we confidently say that NSFM is not dangerous and will maybe, hopefully, get an upgrade. Tongue

RE: Digital Subliminal Drug Simulants: Good or bad idea? - JackOfHearts - 03-16-2015

You didn't reply to my question Shannon. I have always wondered why you didn't create a sub that can make the user able to control his metabolism at will. Shift state at will, lower your heartbeat at will for example. A sub that make you able to use hypnosis, confident in the fact that you can control every stimuli in your body. To remove all pain for example when you have an horrible headache, all of this at will.

Maybe it's profitable for you?
(03-13-2015, 10:13 PM)maniac360 Wrote:
(03-12-2015, 03:15 PM)Shannon Wrote: Well, after getting some thoughts on the matter, here is what I concluded.

In my thought experiment, I considered what would happen if - as doubtless would be the case - someone stupid got their hands on the program. Said moron would of course be under a reasonable age, and would get the brilliant idea that it would be funny to play the program in school, in class, on the school bus, etc. The effects would be noticed, and this would quickly turn into a media scandal, causing the company to be pretty much shut down by the same backlash that created a slew of laws against this sort of thing, without ever really understanding what they were attempting to legislate out of existence.

The end result: yet more illegal "drugs", usable in more situations, by a wider range of people/ages, and no benefit at all besides someone deciding that they like the fact that they can get high at will. Oh, and IML would be a memory, and there would be more laws against subliminals.

Benefit: 1%
Detriment: 99%

So... I have concluded that this is not going to happen.

Why don't you create a sub that make the user able to switch state at will?
This way this kind of problem won't happen. Then with each new sub you introduce a new state like heroin for example.

RE: Digital Subliminal Drug Simulants: Good or bad idea? - athanas - 03-17-2015

sounds nice, I won't miss the negative sideeffects as long as I'm getting the positive.

so if this is possible
booze sub -> social lubricant sub

how about:

marihuana -> "laughter sub" inducing sudden state of happiness and laughter
LSD/DMT -> "vivid dreams sub" increasing vividness of dreams 100fold while listening during sleep

The more vivid the dream the stronger the psychological healing effects it has similiar to exposure therapy (the closer it gets to simulate the situation that is triggering the root-fear the more emotions are released). Most subs here already increase vividness to some degree, and with a sub focusing exclusively on this we could learn how the intense dreaming part in all subs is influencing and helping us.

From my experience I can say very intense dreaming alone is already able to change personality to some degree and has an EPRHA-like effect. It could be a key element that is making the subs so effective. Maybe the vivid dreams sub gives even hints on how to use dreams more effectively and vividly in all other subs increasing their efficiency even further.