Subliminal Talk
Improve Your Social Life 5G - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Improve Your Social Life 5G (/Thread-Improve-Your-Social-Life-5G)

Pages: 1 2

Improve Your Social Life 5G - Ampersnd - 02-27-2015

There's been a lack for a subliminal that handles this life skill.

there are several of us (and me) who want to stop being introverted every once in a while, go out, meet people, and build a stable ecosystem of friends, business contacts, and a social circle.

Some features:

- Have an intense desire to go out and meet new people
- Be fluent in your chosen language(s), enough to navigate conversations with a variety of people
- Be able to relate with people, not only people in your age group.
- Become socially appropriate (Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People")
- Social Intelligence (Daniel Goleman)
- Emotional Intelligence (Daniel Goleman)
- Have an abundance of energy that you can give freely to other people
- Know what others want, and find ways to bring them closer to what they want
- Introduce people to each other in beneficial ways
- Be captivating; Maximum Charisma, Maximum Authority, Maximum Eloquence;
- Develop a genuine interest in other people;
- Be genuine
- Close and exchange contact information in a way that's appropriate and diffuse
- Know and meet the right people that you can help and that can help you
- Be a hub; be inviting to all sorts of people, bring others together to which they meet each other through you
- Memorize people's names, birthdays and common features
- Leverage your social circle to get what you want
- Create events that bring in an abundance of people
- Become semi-famous in your town
- Maximize Your Sense of Humor
- Attract cool people, actualized people who will bring you up
- Reach out to people in the right way
- Get invited to very cool, VIP events just because of the value you bring to everyone

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - cfact - 02-28-2015

I like a lot of this. I would add:
- fine tune your body (posture, mannerisms, facial expressions) to convey the message appropriate to the situation (e.g. authoritative when leading a group, welcoming/embracing/kind when meeting potential new friends). Not sure how to word this - but any amount of internal good stuff can be ruined because your face/posture says "get lost!"
- Destroy social anxiety (I know most of the items you mention address this, but to be specific). Makes you comfortable in crowds of any sizes, or if you are just with one (very important) person... or if you are just by yourself (would not want to become someone who always needs people around them)
- Stay in touch - make sure you reach out to others in a way that is appropriate to keep the relationship healthy and active. We often forget to stay in touch with friends, but a call/message/card goes a long way to maintaining the relationship (maybe you get invited to their parties etc.) Same with social contacts - maybe a DJ is not your friend, but a message here or that keeps you in touch might mean you get invited to an exclusive event, for example. (Maybe this is a component of "- Reach out to people in the right way")
- "- Attract cool people" - I would add the counter to this, which is remove or repair unhealthy relationships/people who are emotional vampires. Sure, being sociable with all sorts of people is nice, but we want to actually have people who make us healthier/happier.

One flip side to this, though, is that the programming should make sure that this is not at the expense of other areas of your life. i.e. I would hate my work to suffer because I start putting all my energy and hours into socializing and planning to socialize. Or I just give up on all my other goals because I have a compulsive desire to just meet more and more people... and all my free time is consumed by this.

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - risingwarrior - 02-28-2015

I love this

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - AriGold - 02-28-2015

1 vote for the program and 1 vote for Dan for bringing this up.

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - Mystic Pymp - 02-28-2015

Shouldn't something like AM deal with this already? Good idea though.

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - jonathan4all - 02-28-2015

BASE, BAMM , AM6 and WM2 all have social mastery but this sub can be really helpful for introvert people who have other skills but still lack of social dynamics.

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - Ampersnd - 02-28-2015

@AriGold: If that's how you really feel, +1 my rep! Smile

hhhhh - XyzN - 02-28-2015

hhhhh

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - TheChosenOne - 02-28-2015

Socializing Is Just A Fun Game 3G did a lot of these for me...

I was going to right a testimonial for it, but it's not available anymore...

I was 100% receptive to the sub though, probably because I ran Overcoming Fear 4g for 4 months before it

I made a request for it to be upgraded (inside a thread when Shannon said he was going to upgrade 3g to 4g/5g) asking for Enhance Social Circle/Social Circle Expansion

Most of the subs are inwardly focused, but a lot of times, people don't need to "go inside" either because they have a good foundation or it's not necessary towards their goal at the time. If you look at journals that capture your attention on the forums, most likely there is a one-on-one interaction or a group dynamic present (other people involved).

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - Fonzy3 - 02-28-2015

If you're able to communicate at all, you have a social life...

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - LionKing - 03-01-2015

I'm thinking people who want this should also consider if they have time for it. Dan, for example, is studying and practicing and busking and memorizing and going to the gym and meditating and being on a date and whatnot and I'm doing similar things of my own and I guess others are too. Just saying that amount of socializing is going to take up all of your free time, especially if you're working on studying a lot. And it'd cut your sub listening times too ;)

The biggest reason I don't keep in touch with a lot of people is that I don't have to time and this sub wouldn't really change that. Honestly, I don't know if I'd be too happy with a lot lot of socializing because I do feel I need the introversion time.

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - Fonzy3 - 03-01-2015

Just seems like a highschool idea to me. AM6 is supposed to manifest friends for you, however im not sure about AF(most likely). If social life is going to a bar and drinking for the sake of it im not to sure about that. But if s group of people have some common ground and achieved a goal at work one day it's not uncommon that they would go out and celebrate.

The point is everyone goes places for a reason. Maybe it is to relax. Your friends should be able to relate to the concept of having a day off as they are dominant in their careers as well. AM6 should manifest these friends.

Or use AYP and manifest your perfect partner.

The end.

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - Ampersnd - 03-01-2015

Wait, how is this high school?

- You could be a brilliant politician with great ideas for policies, but you lack the charisma and social skills to persuade others to vote for you;
- You could be new to a city, have no friends, no contacts, no leads, no romantic potential, but want to start anew and build a great network;
- You could be in a technical field, or in an interprofessional field, but you're introverted and your career will be on the upswing if you start branching out to other fields (references)
- As a salesperson, you can have an increase in sales if you have more contacts outside of work.

It's not juvenile to want to connect with more people. Even in Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People", your technical skills are important to about 10-20% of your career, and your interpersonal skills are worth about 80-90% (students who have taken the Dale Carnegie course have had this opinion when its application worked for them). People want to do business with people they like.

RE: Improve Your Social Life 5G - Fonzy3 - 03-01-2015

My point went completely over your head. So there's no point of replying to what you wrote.