Subliminal Talk
The Astrology Thread - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: The Astrology Thread (/Thread-The-Astrology-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Astrology Thread - JackOfHearts - 04-08-2015

The way you formulated your post was a clear disrespect. Be smarter next time or you'll appear as a fool, if it's not already the case. The way I see it is that people has been brainwashed to see astrology as just one sign, the sun which is completely inaccurate and almost useless by itself. So when they see astrology they just think it's some manbo jambo and that it doesn't make sense at all. And they are right because one sign doesn't make sense at all. There is a sign for each planet with the moon. The moon been more important for the female and the sun for the male. Each planet describe a specific part of the individual, Venus for example is for the relationship. Most people who have a bad placed Venus have difficulty with relationship. Most people who have a bad placed sun have a problem with confidence. Mercury with communication, the moon with their emotion, etc. I already explained it in my previous post.

Astrology is one of the most complex science to study if not the most. What I described is just some very basic stuff that most people don't know. Yet they criticized it but they don't what it is. How smart is that?

RE: The Astrology Thread - Mystic Pymp - 04-08-2015

It will be so as long as you call astrology "science", which it's not. Until somebody explains how and why planets influence us at least.

The most complex science, funny.

Ok I'm not here to argue. I could explain myself but I don't have the time for that. I'm not here to play with words.

When I said complex it was because it is very hard to learn, it's almost impossible to learn it because there is so much details.

Like I said I'm not here to argue with people. To me astrology works and it's the most important stuff. As of now we can't understand why like a of lot things hypnosis, subliminal, tarot, magic, etc.
I would even say I don't care why it works, I don't have the capacity to know why anyway. I just know that with that tool I can help a lot people and myself.

Can you explain to me Mateunio why you posted this? What was your goal? It seems like to me you are trying to create a tantrum. I'm quiet surprised by that, I would even say disappointed. Maybe it wasn't what you wanted to do but the "funny" was not necessary and could be taken as disrespectful. You could have asked me why it would have been better.

RE: The Astrology Thread - Trend - 04-08-2015

Hi Alpha360, can you use your knowledge of astrology to predict the stock market movement this year, instrument SP500?

Thanks.

(04-08-2015, 02:55 AM)Mateunio Wrote: It will be so as long as you call astrology "science", which it's not. Until somebody explains how and why planets influence us at least.

“Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do.”

― J.P. Morgan

(04-08-2015, 08:52 AM)Trend Wrote: Hi Alpha360, can you use your knowledge of astrology to predict the stock market movement this year, instrument SP500?

Thanks.

I don't have the knowledge yet, but I know it's possible. I don't think it's an easy stuff to do. You should ask a professional.
One thing I can tell you though that I read somewhere is that some people even if they ask an astrologer to tell them which horse to bet on they will lose anyway. I read a testimonial about it that an astrologer told a guy that he can't win because his birth chart indicate that he won't earn any money with gambling. So then even with that this guy ask the astrologer on which horse to bet. So the astrologer told him on which horse to bet. But at the last minute this guy bet on the other horse because he was afraid.

I have a hard time to believe it though until I see it myself. But I guess it's possible.

I read on an astrologer website that the euro will fall after January and indeed it is now at very low rate and it didn't rise like this guy said. I read that so I know If I should buy WM2 at the time. I didn't trust his reading though because I don't know him but it was better than nothing.

(04-08-2015, 08:46 AM)beehawk22 Wrote: Okay, I'm heavily into astrology and numerology, etc, etc.
My DOB: April 2nd 1960, London, England, 8:00am

I won't use astrology for at least a few month. I'm not very well emotionally so I try to avoid it until I'm better. If you read the report I shared on myself done by a professional astrologer you will understand why.

I will just answer the question asked If it doesn't pose any problem.

(04-08-2015, 06:41 AM)Alpha360 Wrote: Ok I'm not here to argue. I could explain myself but I don't have the time for that. I'm not here to play with words.

When I said complex it was because it is very hard to learn, it's almost impossible to learn it because there is so much details.

Like I said I'm not here to argue with people. To me astrology works and it's the most important stuff. As of now we can't understand why like a of lot things hypnosis, subliminal, tarot, magic, etc.
I would even say I don't care why it works, I don't have the capacity to know why anyway. I just know that with that tool I can help a lot people and myself.

Can you explain to me Mateunio why you posted this? What was your goal? It seems like to me you are trying to create a tantrum. I'm quiet surprised by that, I would even say disappointed. Maybe it wasn't what you wanted to do but the "funny" was not necessary and could be taken as disrespectful. You could have asked me why it would have been better.

I just found it funny and disrespectful that you called astrology "complex science". Maybe it's just me and my allergy to wrong terms, but astrology is not a science in any definition of "science" I know, I'd call it art though. Science both predicts things and explains why they happen in this way and not the other. I have a lot of respect for astrology, I asked you for horoscope myself, but it's not a science, not by a long shot.

Compare it to cooking - there are many principles to it. There are many schools, some coming to the same conclusions, some are contradictory. Some approaches to cooking can be very complex indeed and it can be easily called an art and extraordinary skill, but I'm yet to see someone calling cooking "science". That was what I meant, although I admit my second paragraph was out of place.

RE: The Astrology Thread - shub - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 02:55 AM)Mateunio Wrote: It will be so as long as you call astrology "science", which it's not. Until somebody explains how and why planets influence us at least.

To you and everyone else who are saying its not a science just for this argument (and its variants). You do know that we do not understand most of the cutting edge 'Science', right? Take quantum physics for ex, till about few years back scientists could just observe it's phenomena and couldn't figure out how the hell was this happening, even now it is slightly better, and there are countless examples like these from 'Science' present and past.

I don't know ANYTHING about astrology, but please draw analogies from other 'Sciences' to see if your argument is valid, just because you don't understand it or can't make sense of it, isn't proof enough that it is bogus...

I am an Indian, and I think (I could very easily be wrong) that astrology originated in India (or at least India is one of the first few places it started) and Indian Rishis (Sages/ scholars, 1000s of years ago), have written about things that are impossible to believe that how could they find it out (ex: sun is the center, distance of planets, pineal gland, and many many more I can't remember right now) There are things that they have written about that our cutting edge 'Science' is just now proving.

Give credit to such learned men more than the "science', these are the people who formulated astrology....

You might like to read a book called 'White Fat cow' (it'll also explain how/why astrology is a science and not art), it won't be a waste of time because it is about self improvement, one of its own kinds of book I've read....I'd recommend that book solely on its self improvement basis, astrology part would be a bonus for people)

All I am saying is if I do not have a solid reason to disbelieve something, I should at least keep an open mind about it.

And yeah do not confuse astrology with the horoscopes you get in newspapers or with fake astrologers! It's like mistaking religion with it's followers (priests and so called authorities on religion, majority of whom are into the business of self interest)

And BTW How could planets influence you? Ever heard of butterfly effect!!! And it's whole planets we are talking about Tongue
And before everyone starts taking me too literally, am just making a point here....
before butterfly effect came into being, such a concept would have been as stupid sounding as planets affecting the life of a mere human being millions of miles away!!

(04-08-2015, 05:07 PM)shub Wrote:

To you and everyone else who are saying its not a science just for this argument (and its variants). You do know that we do not understand most of the cutting edge 'Science', right? Take quantum physics for ex, till about few years back scientists could just observe it's phenomena and couldn't figure out how the hell was this happening, even now it is slightly better, and there are countless examples like these from 'Science' present and past.

I don't know ANYTHING about astrology, but please draw analogies from other 'Sciences' to see if your argument is valid, just because you don't understand it or can't make sense of it, isn't proof enough that it is bogus...

I am an Indian, and I think (I could very easily be wrong) that astrology originated in India (or at least India is one of the first few places it started) and Indian Rishis (Sages/ scholars, 1000s of years ago), have written about things that are impossible to believe that how could they find it out (ex: sun is the center, distance of planets, pineal gland, and many many more I can't remember right now) There are things that they have written about that our cutting edge 'Science' is just now proving.

Give credit to such learned men more than the "science', these are the people who formulated astrology....

You might like to read a book called 'White Fat cow' (it'll also explain how/why astrology is a science and not art), it won't be a waste of time because it is about self improvement, one of its own kinds of book I've read....I'd recommend that book solely on its self improvement basis, astrology part would be a bonus for people)

All I am saying is if I do not have a solid reason to disbelieve something, I should at least keep an open mind about it.

And yeah do not confuse astrology with the horoscopes you get in newspapers or with fake astrologers! It's like mistaking religion with it's followers (priests and so called authorities on religion, majority of whom are into the business of self interest)

And BTW How could planets influence you? Ever heard of butterfly effect!!! And it's whole planets we are talking about Tongue
And before everyone starts taking me too literally, am just making a point here....
before butterfly effect came into being, such a concept would have been as stupid sounding as planets affecting the life of a mere human being millions of miles away!!

I am student of science so I know enough about it to see how ignorant your post is. If you want to discuss it we can PM since I think it not a place for this discussion, but believe me: science may not have answers to everything, but it keeps looking for them. Astrology doesn't explain it's workings and often is so open to interpretation that any discrepancy can be turned around and explained. After if something can be interpreted for a thousand ways one of them must be true.

RE: The Astrology Thread - shub - 04-08-2015

You're right. There is no point in discussing such a topic as neither one of us is knowledgeable enough about astrology, we'd just keep on talking about our opinions :-)

My whole point is am just open to the fact that astrology has a basis in science, which we are too primitive to understand...

This discussion would be like two people talking about if Soul exists (or God/universal power for that matter), one from the science POV and other from an inner sense/feel.

Science is unable to explain things like past life memories or near death experiences and numerous things like that. So as far as I am concerned science is still in its primitive stage, am sure people in Newton's time thought that science is advanced enough to explain everything and anything unexplained by science isn't true......and here I go again...sorry :-)

P.S. it'll be interesting to hear Shannon's opinion about this, after all he wrote a book about Tarot! Smile (oops..did I open another pandora's box!)

In the description of his book he said he proved something if I remember correctly but I didn't read it yet so I don't know at all. "Astrology doesn't explain it's workings" Some astrologer learn both astronomy and astrology and search for answer too. I called it a science from my point of view. I know a lot of people will disagree and I don't care about it. In the end it's just a word and I'm not here to talk about which term is the better one. For me astrology is a practical thing, it gives answer to things we don't understand. Some astrologer doesn't do the distinction between astrology and astronomy. To them they are both the same thing that got separated for some debatable reason. I agree with that point of view.

I'm not an expert in science but I learnt that a lot of well "known" science seems like they don't even fit in the science term. It seems like everyone got his own POV. I don't trust the current institution in power who seems to hide what they really know. So in the end we don't know at all unless we have really experimented the thing and learnt it for a really long time. Who here have learnt both astrology with real astrologer, astronomy and science. On top of that add someone who is open minded unlike a lot of scientific guy who are completely unreasonable, illogical and acting on emotion, corruption, money, etc.

I have the AFA course, over 1,000 pages Tongue ... the EUR/USD has been trending down since May 2014, that was the last pullback, January this year only continued it's bearish descent, nothing spectacular.

(04-08-2015, 09:30 AM)Alpha360 Wrote: But at the last minute this guy bet on the other horse because he was afraid.

Yuuup, sometimes you gotta fight karma and follow your $$$-making system no matter to what powers may dictate.

That's why we're here in the first place listening to subs, so that we may create our destiny instead of reacting to circumstances.