Subliminal Talk
New Store Design - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: General Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-General-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: New Store Design (/Thread-New-Store-Design)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New Store Design - Jay - 01-26-2011

One after another. And keeping track of a dozen websites? I wish Smile I do have worked on a few assignments and (Web 2.0) projects (mostly focusing on design and user interface) in the past. But sounds like you have your work cut out for ya Smile

I’m glad to hear that you’re open to my suggestions, I’ll try to keep notes whenever I see possible improvements and/or enhancements, perhaps add in a few sketches or something.

Thanks for the $5 $10 Smile

RE: New Store Design - Spiral - 01-26-2011

I've been holding in this suggestion for way too long.

ANDREW, you should totally have a featured product on the home page. It can be randomized every visit or you can manually change it every week.

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 01-26-2011

(01-26-2011, 03:56 PM)spiralout1988 Wrote: I've been holding in this suggestion for way too long.

ANDREW, you should totally have a featured product on the home page. It can be randomized every visit or you can manually change it every week.

Hmm I do have a module for that, but I'm not sure where I'd put it. I'm still planning on putting a rotating banner-probably on the home page, advertising a forum promotion I'll be running as well as other things of interest. But a "what's hot"/featured product area would be nice. Just not sure where it'd go right now. Ideas?

RE: New Store Design - Spiral - 01-26-2011

align left where the banner is. and move the banner over to the right 50-100 px to balance it out.

You could put it under the sign in to account area but that's not the best aesthetically.

The best thing to do is to just put it on top of "Welcome to the Subliminal Shop". You can have the thumbnail and title with a 1-2 sentence description.

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 01-31-2011

(01-26-2011, 05:40 PM)spiralout1988 Wrote: align left where the banner is. and move the banner over to the right 50-100 px to balance it out.

You could put it under the sign in to account area but that's not the best aesthetically.

The best thing to do is to just put it on top of "Welcome to the Subliminal Shop". You can have the thumbnail and title with a 1-2 sentence description.

If anyone has suggestions please PM me with any IM client ID I'd like to talk to you personally and of course offering GC's for your time.

RE: New Store Design - sherkan - 02-01-2011

Hi

have you thought about putting up a wish list so we can track what we want?

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 02-01-2011

(02-01-2011, 09:44 AM)sherkan Wrote: Hi

Sure I think I can reinstate the wish list. It's funny all the features you guys are requesting were features I originally took off cause it was too much clutter. But I can find a way to put them back in without making things messy. PM me if you want $5 GC.

BTW, $5 per unique suggestion or bug report, with a maximum of $10 GC per person.

RE: New Store Design - Elusive - 02-02-2011

I captured an idea.
A scheduler-thing,on the site, that people can use to plan their use of submlimals.
Like this but pretty
Sub1[X][X][X]X][X][X][_][_][_][_][_][_]
Sub2[X][X][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
Sub3[_][_][_][_][X][X][_][_][_][_][_][_]
Sub4[_][_][_][_][_][_][X][X][X][_][_][_]
It could be from the wishlist, and the user could puzzle the subs around to his content. When exeeding recomendations on how meny Types and 4G are planed on same time, a warnings show, or the background trun from green-yellow-red.Type in a startdate and it shows an aproximal enddate on recommended usage.
With [] I mean a 32 days period(like... feb21,mar25,apr26)

RE: New Store Design - sherkan - 02-02-2011

Dont know if its here i should have tell you this.

The name of the 3 mp3 file in Anger Management 4G is missing a letter "a" in man"a"gement

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 02-03-2011

(02-01-2011, 09:44 AM)sherkan Wrote: Hi

Done!

(02-02-2011, 03:11 PM)Elusive Wrote: I captured an idea.
A scheduler-thing,on the site, that people can use to plan their use of submlimals.
Like this but pretty
Sub1[X][X][X]X][X][X][_][_][_][_][_][_]
Sub2[X][X][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
Sub3[_][_][_][_][X][X][_][_][_][_][_][_]
Sub4[_][_][_][_][_][_][X][X][X][_][_][_]
It could be from the wishlist, and the user could puzzle the subs around to his content. When exeeding recomendations on how meny Types and 4G are planed on same time, a warnings show, or the background trun from green-yellow-red.Type in a startdate and it shows an aproximal enddate on recommended usage.
With [] I mean a 32 days period(like... feb21,mar25,apr26)

I've been wanting to do this a long time, but it would require a ton of work-mostly from Shannon. It will require a master-list of recommended time usages, which I think will be more realistic to undertake once all subliminals are converted to 4g so we don't constantly have to change them. Combining this master-list with a php app might also be challenging but I bet can be done. I know a lot of colleges use this type of setup to make simulated schedules for students. I definitely want this done at some point, but we'll have to wait until Shannon's schedule clears up. In the mean time, if you know of a php app, script or container that handles this well let me know. If I see it good enough to use, I will give you a big gift certificate. I mean big, $50.

(02-02-2011, 09:19 PM)sherkan Wrote: Dont know if its here i should have tell you this.

The name of the 3 mp3 file in Anger Management 4G is missing a letter "a" in man"a"gement

I fixed the store end, I will check again when I do my monthly FTP cleaning to make sure the files themselves have changed. Thanks!

BTW guys, if you want a gift cert for your suggestion, make sure you PM me your EMAIL of your store account. If I have to look up your email I'm going to be a lot less excited about it and will be less generous Wink

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 02-05-2011

I'm happy to announce that I've put a new SSL on the site. This means that we can start doing google checkout orders again. In the next few days as I work out the details we'll be offering that again.

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 02-09-2011

I've increased the search capabilities of the forum. Please, if you would, try some searches that previously did not return results. Let me know how it works. No GC's for this, just trying to make your forum work better.

RE: New Store Design - Spiral - 02-10-2011

Andrew, I think I know a solution to the problem with the menu links in firefox. I mentioned this to you before that the Contact button is moved down a line below the rest of the items.

I noticed in Chrome and Firefox the Menus are aligned in the same place but it seems like they aren't an absolute left or centered (whatever it is supposed to be). They look like they are offset by 15-20 px and that's why the Contact button is moved down below the other buttons (in Firefox). I noticed this because the button line is not aligned with the text below it. Minor once again but It would be nice to have the site working properly in all browsers.
Also it does the same thing in Internet Explorer. And on top of that The drop down menu for the shop is at a 50% opacity so it is hard to see the text (in IE). I personally have no idea why it is doing that.

RE: New Store Design - Tigurinn - 01-07-2012

I would love it if the Wish List were connected to the Cart; I had items in the wish list and then there was the awesome sale and I bought stuff that were on my wish list (however, I didn't go to my wish list and make purchases there ... don't know if that was even possible - meaning, I went to the products decription and added it to the cart).

When I checked my wish list, it was still there even though my wish had come true Smile

.... it's just a little thing, but it would be nice ... Wink