Subliminal Talk
Insomnia Aid - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Insomnia Aid (/Thread-Insomnia-Aid)

Pages: 1 2 3

Insomnia Aid - Jackie - 10-09-2010

Hi all. Wanted to mention my first experience with the Insomnia Aid that's under brain wave entertainment. I was a little skeptical that it would help me relax enough at bedtime to actually fall asleep, mostly because I'm so used to trying things and not having them always work. But, probably within about 10 minutes of listening with my headphones, I was absolutely zonked. I was really pleasantly surprised by this! I usually have mind chatter at night that's difficult to turn off, and this turned it right off. Also, my breathing slowed way down and it became very deep and slow. Nothing else seemed to matter. It's not something I would use all of the time, but for those nights that are particularly difficult to settle down, it's great! I will definitely be using it again. I really felt like I got a deep sleep that night, and no hung over groggy feelings the next day!

I want to try it again some night that I'm wide awake to see its effects, and I'll post them here. It would be interesting to see what kind of quality of sleep this continues to bring since I've only used it once. Check back, cause I will post again in the near future as I know that this is a common problem for a lot of people.

Oh, and if anyone else tries this, I would love to hear feedback on what your experience is, and if it's similar to mine. Thanks!

RE: Insomnia Aid - Shannon - 10-10-2010

Pleasant surprise indeed. I have very much enjoyed testing that program. Smile Very pleasant drift down into sleep.

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jackie - 10-12-2010

Hey all! Just wanted to do another update on the insomnia aid I've been using. Mostly cause I'm so happy with it!Smile Am hoping to get some feedback from other people who are using it to see if it's helping them too. It's just such a relief to know it's there as an option if I need it. Maybe that knowing helps me sleep better too!?

I've been taking melatonin along with this program, as needed, and I'm amazed at how my quality of sleep has changed in the last few weeks! I feel renewed, like I had forgotten what it was like to sleep, and I guess I have. I really haven't changed anything else about my normal routine...still drinking coffee everyday, same amount of exercise. The only thing that's changed is the melatonin and the insomnia aid. I feel like they're helping break old conditioned patterns of being awake late and helping me slow down instead of be revved up. That's pretty big for me!

After using the insomnia aid a few more times, I've definitely noticed that it makes me tired in a different way compared to just normally drifting off to sleep feels. Like the other night, I was totally awake, then started listening to the aid, and within minutes I felt...just profoundly tired, the kind of tiredness where you almost don't feel like you're in your body kinda tiredness. I sleep very hard using it, but I feel like I'm getting the necessary deep sleep that I've been deprived of for so long. It's an awesome day when I realize I just went through it with out any thought of coffee!Smile

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jay - 10-13-2010

Great to see that you have found this effective for your sleeping problems, Jackie Smile I may have found some new of my own (depression related), but I'm still testing them out with yet unstable results... But seeing your experiences/improvements I really want to give this one a try as well Smile

Since you have to use headphones/earbuds for this to work, I was wondering how you're still able to listen to the subliminals at night? You could set up a long playlist, but it still would mean that you were depending on headphones which could easily fall off/out during the night. Or do you solely listen to the insomnia aid?

RE: Insomnia Aid - Andrew - 10-13-2010

I had one dose of caffeine the equivalent of an single shot espresso or so at 7:30 AM yesterday and was tossing and turning until 3:00 AM this morning in a state which was very obvious to me the restlessness and inability to shut down the brain that caffeine causes. I don't have caffeine often, but I think I may throw out the rest. No matter how early I take it, it screws with my neurotransmitters too long.

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jackie - 10-13-2010

(10-13-2010, 03:12 AM)Jay Wrote: Great to see that you have found this effective for your sleeping problems, Jackie Smile I may have found some new of my own (depression related), but I'm still testing them out with yet unstable results... But seeing your experiences/improvements I really want to give this one a try as well Smile

Since you have to use headphones/earbuds for this to work, I was wondering how you're still able to listen to the subliminals at night? You could set up a long playlist, but it still would mean that you were depending on headphones which could easily fall off/out during the night. Or do you solely listen to the insomnia aid?

Hi Jay!

I only use the insomnia aid when I really need it, so it's not an every night kinda dealSmile Normally, I'll use the headphones and listen long enough til I'm feeling really tired, then take off the headphones and start the ultrasonic sub with normal speakers, then go to sleep. Keep in mind that the insomnia aid is not a subliminal, it's brain wave entertainment, so you don't have to listen to it all night-it's just to get you to sleep. You could loop it all night I guess, but I haven't had to so far cause it works in like 10 minutes.

So yea, I just listen to it long enough to make me tired, turn it off, take headphones off and then listen to the other one all night. I can't sleep with headphones on cause I move around a lot-lol.

Hope that helps! Sorry you're still having sleep issues, I know how frustrating that is! I'm so over it. Not sleeping takes away from so many other aspects of life, and I think it's really important not to give up on finding a solution.

RE: Insomnia Aid - Shannon - 10-13-2010

NEVER loop a brainwave entrainment program. Especially a sleep one. That's a good way to completely kill your natural sleep cycles and screw up your sleep completely. Or possibly worse....

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jackie - 10-13-2010

(10-13-2010, 10:14 AM)Andrew Wrote: I had one dose of caffeine the equivalent of an single shot espresso or so at 7:30 AM yesterday and was tossing and turning until 3:00 AM this morning in a state which was very obvious to me the restlessness and inability to shut down the brain that caffeine causes. I don't have caffeine often, but I think I may throw out the rest. No matter how early I take it, it screws with my neurotransmitters too long.

I've noticed changes just by cutting back, and I'm sure that I've probably built up a tolerance from it over the years. I'm like you if I have it after 12pm, so I try to have it earlier. Sounds like it stays in your system a really long time!

(10-13-2010, 08:01 PM)Shannon Wrote: NEVER loop a brainwave entrainment program. Especially a sleep one. That's a good way to completely kill your natural sleep cycles and screw up your sleep completely. Or possibly worse....

Thanks for clearing that up Shannon, didn't think you were supposed to. Hopefully Jay will read this before he tries that. For me, it works in about 5-10 minutes, and then I shut if off and go to sleep. Works great for me that way.

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jay - 10-14-2010

(10-13-2010, 09:30 PM)Jackie Wrote: Thanks for clearing that up Shannon, didn't think you were supposed to. Hopefully Jay will read this before he tries that. For me, it works in about 5-10 minutes, and then I shut if off and go to sleep. Works great for me that way.

I didn't read it in time, but luckily I didn't felt the need to loop it continuously Smile It took about 30-40 min. for me to finally fall asleep, and probably listened to it for the full duration. Used earbuds since they easily fall out when you're twisting and turning.

Woke up pretty early today, and noticed that I got a good dose of recovering delta sleep (instead of energy sucking REM sleep) after looking at my face in the mirror. Looking mighty good. Still feel a bit drowsy (but not tired!), and I hope that this'll clear up in a couple of hours. Will surely continue on using this daily. Thanks Jackie, for pointing me towards this Smile And Shannon for creating it.

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jackie - 10-14-2010

(10-14-2010, 12:02 AM)Jay Wrote:
(10-13-2010, 09:30 PM)Jackie Wrote: Thanks for clearing that up Shannon, didn't think you were supposed to. Hopefully Jay will read this before he tries that. For me, it works in about 5-10 minutes, and then I shut if off and go to sleep. Works great for me that way.

I didn't read it in time, but luckily I didn't felt the need to loop it continuously Smile It took about 30-40 min. for me to finally fall asleep, and probably listened to it for the full duration. Used earbuds since they easily fall out when you're twisting and turning.

Woke up pretty early today, and noticed that I got a good dose of recovering delta sleep (instead of energy sucking REM sleep) after looking at my face in the mirror. Looking mighty good. Still feel a bit drowsy (but not tired!), and I hope that this'll clear up in a couple of hours. Will surely continue on using this daily. Thanks Jackie, for pointing me towards this Smile And Shannon for creating it.

Whoa!! I'm so happy that this helped you too Jay!! Believe me, I know how much it sucks to not be able to sleep, especially over long periods of time. I was seriously starting to have memory issues, lack of coordination, and it was starting to scare me. Now that I'm sleeping better, those things are resolving themselves a lot!

I hope that this can be part of the solution for you too. I know you said you had tried melatonin, but have you tried different doses? For me, I'm seeing that what half a pill did early on is now not enough and I'm up to a full pill for the same effect now.

Life does look rosier for meSmile <sigh>

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jay - 10-15-2010

Hey Jackie, I'm really glad to hear that your outlook has become rosier, and that you don't have to worry anymore about being able to fall asleep anymore. Like you said, it’s pretty great having something that gives you the reassurance or guarantee that you’re able to doze off in a few minutes, and won’t have to think/worry about useless things all night. It definitely puts off a certain strain on things. I've struggled with sleeping disorder for about 10 years now I think, and it doesn't help wondering each night if you're able to even function the next day as a human being, or just wander around like a friggin' zombie Tongue Saying it sucks is an understatement for sure Smile

Even though melatonin is a naturally produced substance, I rather abstain from using it since the payoff of feeling a bit more sleepier at night doesn’t weigh up to the sure notion of feeling (even) less centered/grounded the next day if I take it. Perhaps it extends REM sleep, or I have issues with processing the melatonin? I don’t know.

When I woke up yesterday morning I already felt a big shift in the quality of sleep and I could really notice that my appearance and my thinking were a lot better and clearer. The aid did wake me up a bit prematurely which caused my energy to collapse later in the day, but for starters it already shows a lot of potential. Today I slept until 12 PM. Even though I rather not wake up this late, I do have to say that I hardly feel drowsy, actually pretty clear headed. I probably needed the extra sleep.

On a side note, when listening to the aid it seemed to compress my worries and negative thoughts. It was like they disappeared as soon as they appeared. It’s pretty interesting.

Thanks again, I wouldn't have picked up this one if you hadn't used it and posted about it Tongue

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jackie - 10-15-2010

I'm just glad it's helping you JaySmile Cause, I've had sleep problems for about as long as you have, and I got so used to not sleeping that I thought I'd never really have a normal schedule. What's worse, is that I actually accepted this for so long, but only after going to many doctors over the years who just want to throw sleeping pills at you all day long.

The melatonin did make me feel groggy too at first, but I realized that was because I was taking way too much. The normal pill amount is 3mg, and I've read studies saying you really only to need to take half of that. But, I totally understand why you don't want to take it. I'm hoping to wean myself off of it eventually.

Just keep in mind what Shannon said about not using the brain wave stuff too long. Probably not a good idea to use it every single night for too long. I try to use mine a few times a week, maybe more, but don't want to become totally dependent on it either.

I've found that the aid totally stomps on my thoughts too! It's great! lol It's like slipping into a state of conscious nothingness before falling asleep. It must turn off that part of the brain. Pretty cool stuff for sure!

Anyway, would love to hear more about how it's helping you down the line, and if you start noticing it improving other areas of your life.

RE: Insomnia Aid - Ryan - 10-17-2010

What about aromatherapy oils? I heard good things about it.

RE: Insomnia Aid - Jackie - 10-17-2010

(10-17-2010, 06:15 AM)Ryan Wrote: What about aromatherapy oils? I heard good things about it.

Hey Ryan!

Yea, I've heard those can help relax people too, but I just get headaches from strong smells lol. Although, used in a bath for a short period time might work. Hmm, I'll have to try that! thanks! Smile