Subliminal Talk
Fragrance suggestion - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Fragrance suggestion (/Thread-Fragrance-suggestion)

Fragrance suggestion - ben123456305 - 05-27-2014

Hello!
I was reading about your fragrance experiments and you said you can replicate the effects of pheromones. When I read that I was wondering whether or not you can create a cologne that can give self effects to enhance AM,SM,WM's aura. Sort of like a signature scent of the social alpha or something like that LOL.
Great progress by the way, the fragrances might be easier to market to the general public. Perhaps this is BAMM helping you expand subliminal-shop?

RE: Fragrance suggestion - JackOfHearts - 05-27-2014

Yes it would be a good idea to have a cologne for AM/SM/WM. I'm wondering if you are going to sell it worldwide Shannon?

RE: Fragrance suggestion - jennielee - 05-28-2014

(05-27-2014, 09:28 PM)maniac360 Wrote: Yes it would be a good idea to have a cologne for AM/SM/WM. I'm wondering if you are going to sell it worldwide Shannon?
i also work with perfumes. Shipping any that are alcohol based internationally is probably going to be such a small allowed amount if they allow it at all that it wouldn't be worth the shipping. Here in the US all perfumes over 15ml have to be shipped by ground only. If he has an oil based roll on though it should be fine to ship. Also having done some shipping and recieving in the past i can tell you that international shipping is very costly and complicated.

RE: Fragrance suggestion - Shannon - 05-28-2014

(05-27-2014, 05:46 PM)ben123456305 Wrote: Hello!
I was reading about your fragrance experiments and you said you can replicate the effects of pheromones. When I read that I was wondering whether or not you can create a cologne that can give self effects to enhance AM,SM,WM's aura. Sort of like a signature scent of the social alpha or something like that LOL.
Great progress by the way, the fragrances might be easier to market to the general public. Perhaps this is BAMM helping you expand subliminal-shop?

Allow me to be more specific.

There are some perfumery components that have pheromon-like properties or quasi-pheromonal properties for humans, and when used in the right combinations and at the right amounts and ratios, this can cause results that would not happen otherwise.

To date, I have noted these effects: sexual arousal, romantic arousal, comforting and intimacy enhancing.

I do not fully understand hat, or how, these properties are achieved in all cases. Some of the components don't even make sense for creating such effects, but they either create them individually or enhance the effects of something else that does. There are hundreds of components to consider, and it is going to take me a long time to understand them all for this purpose. I believe it is and will always be a much smaller palette of things to work with than if I were working with synthesized human pheromones.

Therefore, creating a scent that has pheromone-like effects that result in an AM, SM or WM aura is unlikely. I may be able to create something that acts as one piece of the puzzle, an enhancer, but don't think any pheromone or cologne is going to replace those programs for the inner work they do. Ever. Paint doesn't change the type of car you are driving, if you catch my meaning.

RE: Fragrance suggestion - Shannon - 05-28-2014

(05-27-2014, 09:28 PM)maniac360 Wrote: Yes it would be a good idea to have a cologne for AM/SM/WM. I'm wondering if you are going to sell it worldwide Shannon?

It is unlikely that we will be selling it worldwide for regulatory reasons and expense, unless we did an oil base. I don't like that idea because measuring it out is impossible for precision with a roll on bottle, and applying with a dropper is the only other option. Not really one I like, regardless.

But having one cologne for everyone using AM/SM/WM is only going to overuse that one cologne, and then nobody will enjoy it. So I'm working on doing more than one, but they will be limited batches in some cases, like Black Velvet. What I had in mind was for some of the more challenging ones to make, having a yearly "vintage". I make one batch of a specific amount of the stuff, and once it's gone, it's gone. Less challenging and difficult to make stuff, such as Fresh Woods #6, would probably be available freely at all times.

The rub is making each batch smell like the last, because the things that use natural components are never the exact same from batch to batch when I order more. Two of the absolutes I used to formulate Black Velvet smell nothing like what I received when I ordered enough to make a large batch of it, and the resulting juice is not even close to being black Velvet, regardless of the fact that I used the exact same formula to make it... and you know me. If it's not exactly right, it does not go out the door with my name on it.

As for the oils, I think an oil base is possibly the only way we could hope to sell it worldwide. But I vastly prefer a dropper to a roll on, specifically because that gives you reasonably consistent dosing options. Oil base doesn't project as much as alcohol, but it does last significantly longer. It also tends to create an "aura" effect around you.

I guess we will see, depending on what specific challenges we encounter moving forward.

RE: Fragrance suggestion - JackOfHearts - 05-28-2014

(05-28-2014, 11:32 AM)Shannon Wrote:

The rub is making each batch smell like the last, because the things that use natural components are never the exact same from batch to batch when I order more. Two of the absolutes I used to formulate Black Velvet smell nothing like what I received when I ordered enough to make a large batch of it, and the resulting juice is not even close to being black Velvet, regardless of the fact that I used the exact same formula to make it... and you know me. If it's not exactly right, it does not go out the door with my name on it.

That's why I like your product.