Subliminal Talk
Headaches - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Experimental Programs Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Experimental-Programs-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Headaches (/Thread-Headaches)

Pages: 1 2

Headaches - macarius - 09-23-2010

Hello everyone,

I started testing the AOS experimental 2 days ago and have had fairly strong headaches on both days after about 45 minutes to an hour of use. I have the video playing continuously on my right monitor at work for roughly 8 hours. Are headaches normal? Also, they're not unbearable, so I just keep on going. Does anyone think this is harmful? Thanks!

RE: Headaches - Shannon - 09-23-2010

Headaches suggest that you are playing the audio too loudly, or too loudly for your level of sensitivity to ultrasonic audio. Try dropping the volume 10% for an hour, and then see if the headache persists. If it does, drop it another 10% and repeat until the headache is gone. Please report back how much you had to drop the volume, and what you had it at (and what the maximum is) to begin with. If the headaches continue with sound very low, I need to know about that as well.

The headaches are not harmful, just a warning that something is too extreme.

RE: Headaches - macarius - 09-24-2010

Thanks Shannon. Ok, I really couldn't drop the volume much more than I already had - I have it just loud enough to be heard as I'm using this in the office - but I did try to back it off even more. I'll continue here and see if the headaches return.

I can definitely feel things going on in the skull. The sensations are not quite painful like a headache, but they're getting close. It's the feeling of pressure and intermittent pulsing. But, I feel this with regular audio subs as well, so that piece of data might not be useful for evaluating the experimental.

RE: Headaches - Andrew - 09-24-2010

(09-24-2010, 10:39 AM)macarius Wrote: Thanks Shannon. Ok, I really couldn't drop the volume much more than I already had - I have it just loud enough to be heard as I'm using this in the office - but I did try to back it off even more. I'll continue here and see if the headaches return.

I can definitely feel things going on in the skull. The sensations are not quite painful like a headache, but they're getting close. It's the feeling of pressure and intermittent pulsing. But, I feel this with regular audio subs as well, so that piece of data might not be useful for evaluating the experimental.

This sounds like caffeine addiction/withdrawals. Could be a hundred other things, could be someone new perfume, could be inconsistent sleep patterns. If the volume is at a low (but reasonable level), the cause is going to be something else.

RE: Headaches - Shannon - 09-28-2010

Are you saying you get headaches from masked format subs as well as ultrasonic subs? If you are, you need to stop using them immediately and consult a good licensed hypnotherapist or physician about what might be causing that.

RE: Headaches - macarius - 09-29-2010

Hi Shannon, thanks for the advice. Yes, I think I was getting headaches from both. I noticed this happening about a year ago as well when I first began using binaural beats. I think that maybe I just poured on too much too soon. Over the weekend the headaches continued, so I did not use any subs at night. That helped clear the pain away. Now, as long as I keep the AOS experimental volume just barely audible, it's ok. Much more though, and I start feeling ill after about 15 minutes. I haven't noticed any more difficulties using the standard masked tracks since I took a break from night sessions over the weekend. Oh, one more thing is that I'm not able to use the experimental on weekends, only Monday - Friday about 6-8 hours per day. So, I hope this doesn't adversely effect the testing. Is that weekend break long enough to be a problem?

RE: Headaches - Shannon - 10-03-2010

There is no known way that a masked subliminal could possibly cause headaches. The only thing I can think of that might cause it is a specific sort of resistance to the subliminal.

I don't think a weekend break would be a problem. Just please be careful, because really there's no case I ever heard of where someone had headaches from masked subliminals, and it really stretches my imagination to come up with why you might have headaches from the BWE or masked subs. I'd say that's an indication that you probably shouldn't be using them until and unless you know why you get those headaches.

RE: Headaches - Ryan - 10-29-2010

Stress headache? I'm suffering from them BIG TIME while I go through withdrawals, same thing.

RE: Headaches - ronatello - 10-29-2010

I got headaches from stage 1 of the Alpha Male but I no longer get them. I agree with Shannon that it can be a specific type of resistance.

RE: Headaches - Patti - 01-07-2011

There is no known way that a masked subliminal could possibly cause headaches.

I don't agree with this statement. I've read various times that headaches can occur from subliminals, masked or seen on a screen. I believe that your subconscious doesn't really like being tampered with because simplified it records factual material. I don't believe it's resisting the actions anyone is trying to achieve but the actual subliminal recording in itself. Affirmations may not be percieved in the subconscious as fact until someone's actions catch up and they start doing and believing what they are trying to change and do. I think headaches are just a sign of the subconscious being confused.

RE: Headaches - Shannon - 01-18-2011

(01-07-2011, 12:19 PM)P1020R Wrote: There is no known way that a masked subliminal could possibly cause headaches.

I don't agree with this statement. I've read various times that headaches can occur from subliminals, masked or seen on a screen. I believe that your subconscious doesn't really like being tampered with because simplified it records factual material. I don't believe it's resisting the actions anyone is trying to achieve but the actual subliminal recording in itself. Affirmations may not be percieved in the subconscious as fact until someone's actions catch up and they start doing and believing what they are trying to change and do. I think headaches are just a sign of the subconscious being confused.

Disagree all you like, but the fact is, the subconscious doesn't start acting on a subliminal until the repetitions or impact of the statements equal or outweigh the previous programming. There is no way for a masked subliminal to produce a headache in the way an ultrasonic does (audio cause). It is possible that some sorts of resistance could induce a headache, I suppose.

While there is a homeostatic response in most cases, the subconscious doesn't just record factual information, but whatever information makes it past the conscious mind enough times or with enough impact.

If what you say were true, subliminals would not work at all, because the acceptance precedes the action. The action is based on the subconscious programming. So, to get the result, the programming must be in effect first, not afterwards.

RE: Headaches - Liyana - 01-30-2011

Hi Shannon,

You said: "There is no way for a masked subliminal to produce a headache in the way an ultrasonic does (audio cause). "

So an ultrasonic subliminal could cause headaches??

I'm now using an ultrasonic subliminal (Business & Finance). Last night was my first night ever using something like this. I felt kinda light headed when I started, but taught maybe that feeling was because it was very late. But was the light headed feeling because of the sub?

I played it true the whole night last night on replay while I was asleep, but I didn't sleep that well/relaxed. It was like I maybe felt something in my head the whole night, is it normal to feel something like a light pressure or something?? Could my not sleeping that rested/relaxed be because of the subliminal? I use the silent version. Is it better to start with an hour or a few hours a day and then build it up to the whole night to get my brain to get used to it first? Will that help the odd feeling while I sleep?

Hope to get advice, thank in advance! Smile

RE: Headaches - Andrew - 02-03-2011

Hi Liyana,

Generally the only thing that causes headaches are when ultrasonics are played at too loud a volume. The volume should be set via the masked track to a medium, medium-low setting and then switched to the ultrasonic. Special care should be taken if using headphones because they are so close to the ear need to be even softer. Because of the potential damage we do not advise anyone use headphones.

Your sleeping could be affected if the subliminal is too loud. If you check the volume with the masked track, and its okay, then its a safe bet it's not the subliminal.

(01-30-2011, 01:06 PM)Liyana Wrote: Hi Shannon,

You said: "There is no way for a masked subliminal to produce a headache in the way an ultrasonic does (audio cause). "

So an ultrasonic subliminal could cause headaches??

I'm now using an ultrasonic subliminal (Business & Finance). Last night was my first night ever using something like this. I felt kinda light headed when I started, but taught maybe that feeling was because it was very late. But was the light headed feeling because of the sub?

I played it true the whole night last night on replay while I was asleep, but I didn't sleep that well/relaxed. It was like I maybe felt something in my head the whole night, is it normal to feel something like a light pressure or something?? Could my not sleeping that rested/relaxed be because of the subliminal? I use the silent version. Is it better to start with an hour or a few hours a day and then build it up to the whole night to get my brain to get used to it first? Will that help the odd feeling while I sleep?

Hope to get advice, thank in advance! Smile

RE: Headaches - Spiral - 02-03-2011

I personally do NOT recommend the use of head phones with ultrasonics no matter what the volume is set at.