Subliminal Talk
May have to start all over again - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: May have to start all over again (/Thread-May-have-to-start-all-over-again)

May have to start all over again - John.E - 09-16-2010

I have a feeling that the speakers built into my laptop can't handle the ultrasonic audio. I'm now half way through stage 4 of the Alpha set and I'm not really noticing any changes.

This is a bit of a disappointment because I have spent 3 and a half months with this sub. I did notice some changes during the first couple of stages, but now I'm starting to wonder if they may have been placebo.

The thing is I had no way of checking the frequency response of my laptop speakers because the user guide doesn't list the specifications. I think I may have to start from the beginning with a decent pair of ipod speakers.

This is my fault for not making sure the frequency response was high enough in the first place. I'm not really sure what else to say about this but I can't think of any other reason why I wouldn't be noticing any changes. I play the sub every night for 8 hours and also for a couple of hours during the day.

Shannon, do you have any advice about this? I'm definitely going to buy a decent pair of speakers and give it another run through.

RE: May have to start all over again - Andrew - 09-16-2010

(09-16-2010, 11:18 AM)John.E Wrote: I have a feeling that the speakers built into my laptop can't handle the ultrasonic audio. I'm now half way through stage 4 of the Alpha set and I'm not really noticing any changes.

This is a bit of a disappointment because I have spent 3 and a half months with this sub. I did notice some changes during the first couple of stages, but now I'm starting to wonder if they may have been placebo.

The thing is I had no way of checking the frequency response of my laptop speakers because the user guide doesn't list the specifications. I think I may have to start from the beginning with a decent pair of ipod speakers.

This is my fault for not making sure the frequency response was high enough in the first place. I'm not really sure what else to say about this but I can't think of any other reason why I wouldn't be noticing any changes. I play the sub every night for 8 hours and also for a couple of hours during the day.

Shannon, do you have any advice about this? I'm definitely going to buy a decent pair of speakers and give it another run through.

Built in laptop speakers are notorious for not being able to handle ultrasonic pitches. I have owned many laptops and none of them have been capable of it, even one that supposedly had nice speakers. I am sorry about your disappointment, it is indeed most likely the changes you noticed were placebo during Stage 1/2. If I had any idea you were using laptop speakers at any point I would have said something.

RE: May have to start all over again - WildFlower - 09-16-2010

I can't comment on the Laptop speakers but I do know that stage 4 was where I hit a lull in the Alpha set. If you keep using it a while longer, perhaps into stage 5, you may just have a 'lightbulb' moment where everything clicks and you notice the changes. If it wasn't for me approaching people like crazy during stage 4 I'd have probably concluded that the effects of the sub on myself where also declining and had halted. I had definitely seen many effects prior to then but perhaps had become totally accustom to them by stage 4? Whatever it was everything was internalised and I felt on a bit of a plateau. This could well be what you are experiencing, or your speakers could well be letting you down. I say give it a few weeks - on a different par of speakers - though before starting again.

RE: May have to start all over again - Ryan - 09-16-2010

One thing that I did constantly on my old speakers to make sure they were working, use some headphones to listen to the sub for a while and see if there is a difference between how you feel when using your computer speakers and when using headphones. If it's significant, then obviously your speakers are no good.

RE: May have to start all over again - John.E - 09-20-2010

I'm just gonna have to learn from my mistake and start over again with some better speakers. I have ordered some that definitely meet the minimum requirements. It's actually that capsule speaker that you have Wildflower, but a different model.

I have the standard one already but I think it was faulty or something because I could hear the ultrasonic tracks even at the lowest possible volume. I'm hoping this one will work okay.

Going away in about a months time as well, so this speaker will be ideal for that too.

RE: May have to start all over again - Ryan - 09-20-2010

This really surprises me, John. In your journal you've detailed a lot of changes, I can't believe it was all conscious assumption. I understand how you are feeling to go from all that effort and time back to the beginning. However, you caught it, you fixed it and now you're going to have a big turn-around very shortly, you're getting there!

RE: May have to start all over again - WildFlower - 09-20-2010

Quote:I have the standard one already but I think it was faulty or something because I could hear the ultrasonic tracks even at the lowest possible volume. I'm hoping this one will work okay.

They are surprisingly loud speakers and with the volume high enough you'll hear high pitched sound on any speaker.

RE: May have to start all over again - Bengal - 09-21-2010

It's possible placebo effect could have been at work here. Which is a good thing as shows you the power of the mind to make something happen.

You know John it is possible that you don't have to lose your progress just because the speakers weren't to the spec of the subliminals.

At some point, you all realize, that you'll have to let it all go...no subliminal is going to solve it all for you. Someday I hope no one will have to buy anymore subliminals, read anymore books, etc to have "arrived".

RE: May have to start all over again - Shannon - 09-27-2010

My advice is this.

If you can play them at normal volume for audio and not hear anything... chances are they're good enough laptop speakers. If you turn them up to maximum and begin to hear speaker distortion, but not below around 75% volume, they're good. If you get a headache and/or nausea playing it at maximum volume (not guaranteed to happen on the low power speakers of a laptop), they're good.

If you hear them as speaker distortion at all volumes, they're not good. If you hear lots of crackling and popping, they're not good.

I have had a couple of people tell me that they used the set without noticeable results. When that happens, it's because of internal resistance to the subliminals - not because they don't work. Are you the type who hates being told what to do, or has a problem with not having control? That could very well be the problem. In that case, just run through the set 2 or 3 times. That makes a big difference.

But don't start over without completing the set first. It's designed so that you need to finish it before starting over - and for you to use it about 32 days per stage.

RE: May have to start all over again - John.E - 09-29-2010

I wouldn't say I hate being told what to do, but I do like to be in control. I have no idea whether this could have anything to do with my results though. I think the problem was the speakers but there is no way I can be sure of that.

Maybe I didn't have the volume high enough, or possibly my laptop is too far away from my bed. Anyhow, I won't let that get in the way of anything. At the moment I am experimenting with different speakers and trying to find one that definitely meets the requirements.

I have already stopped listening to the stage I was on (stage 4) for around a couple of weeks now and was thinking of starting over. If you say it's best to continue though, then I should probably do that. The only thing is, I'm going away traveling around the beginning of November and I may be in places that will make it difficult to get enough exposure.

I think the best thing to do would be to wait until I get back from traveling in December, and start over at the beginning of the Alpha set with some quality speakers. I have been experimenting with Absolute self confidence on a new speaker I bought and it seems to be working really well. So I am thinking of just using that until I get back from abroad.

I really want to give the Alpha set another run through, without any chance of my progress getting interrupted in any way. Being away traveling will make this quite difficult, that's why I think it would be wise to wait until I'm back in London.