Subliminal Talk
Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience (/Thread-Ampers-s-Maximum-Learning-Speed-3-0-Experience)

Pages: 1 2

Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Ampersnd - 01-30-2014

With sleep relatively handled, I'm moving on to a more "fun" subliminal, called 'Maximum Learning Speed'.

Just to give a bit of context:

- I'm in university, with four classes.
- I practice voice, electric guitar, and acoustic guitar every day if I can
- I spend time in my mornings on the Italian, Spanish, and Korean laguage
- I intend to start busking with my guitar in the summer, so I need to learn several dozen songs.

These are the biggest areas in my life that can be improved by my ability to learn.

Best-case Scenarios:
- I earn higher marks (A- to A+) in all of my classes, with less effort and in less time, giving me more time to do the other stuff that I enjoy.
- I spend (on a good day) one hour of each instrument, and I receive the benefits of having practiced two or three hours on each instrument
- The amount of time that I spend with each language results in learning as though I were spending 45 minutes on each language. Plus, I seek out more opportunities to soak the languages in.
- I have dozens of songs on backup in my mind, knowing how to play all of them off the top of my head, and remembered all of the lyrics.

I was so excited when I ordered this subliminal. Although it's in 4G, I wanted to make sure that I use it to its fullest. So I decided to:

- Use it for the remainder of my Alpha Male 5.0 experience, meaning a little over 3 stages (almost 100 days)
- Expose myself to it more than I did with with my previous sleep-related subliminal
- Get more exposure to both subliminals in general

What I've done is set up a 80:60 minute ratio with Alpha Male and MLS3; one play AM, 2 plays MLS3. This is while I'm awake

While I sleep, I do a 80:30 minute ratio - AM once, MLS3 once - while I sleep. Or, if I've gotten little exposure to Alpha Male during the day, I play it exclusively.

I ordered MLS3 Monday night. It is now Thursday night. So it's been three days.

I notice that I'm finding opportunities to play with my Korean flashcards a little bit more than I've been doing this past week.

As well, on LingQ (where I spend most of my time in the mornings), I tend to correctly guess the foreign words, meaning that I "learn" words more quickly.

Besides that, I think the results might become more obvious in two weeks time.

I will post intermittently; every few days or so. No big rush.

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Ampersnd - 01-31-2014

Day 4,

So far, just on iTunes, I've gotten 14 hours. On my iPod, it's probably 1.5-2 hours a night.

But, I'm terribly impressed. This comes from a phonecall that I made to a train company. The person who answers catches me off guard (it was a machine beforehand), tells me his name, and we take 10 minutes to do some different stuff; I buy a ticket, I ask some questions.

At the very end, I say "It's xxxx(name), right? Thank you so much". The fact that I remember this guy's name ten minutes later says something.

It also gave me the motivation to tackle my Italian set of flashcards on Anki, which has been building up into this monster. Long story short, I didn't complete it. But let me explain how that works:

- Each day, the deck of cards adds new cards (if you haven't gone through all of them), and sets up a certain number of cards to review. I've got 25 new cards and 100 review cards
- There is also a "chamber", like a gun would, where a few dozen words that you're working on are.
- If you fail to go through all the new cards and review cards, and leave them in the "Chamber", the next day, the new and review cards will be replaced to fill 25 and 100.
- The main reason you don't complete it is that you come across a few too many difficult words
- Do this day after day, the amount of cards in that chamber grows, and since it's usually difficult words that you leave unanswered, there eventually accumulates a large amount of difficult cards

tl;dr, I've got a lot of learning to do.

For music, I'm noticing that my guitar playing is better and more rewarding. I literally spent 4 hours on my instruments, voice included.

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Ampersnd - 02-03-2014

Day 7,

There's something awesome happening. At work, I tackled that monster pile of flashcards and knocked it out of the park.

It's as though my short term memory clicked on. I was having problems, and it continued for about 5 minutes into my efforts. And then it clicked. I would remember the new stuff, and the very old stuff that I had learned, but would otherwise have forgotten.

Great subliminal so far. And think; I'll be doing this for 96 days.

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Ampersnd - 02-05-2014

Day 9,

This sub is something else. My short term memory is becoming really awesome. Everything I'm exposed to as of (let's say) day 5 has been sticking in my memory.

For example, I reviewed the Italian word "Soqquadro" yesterday, and it's still etched in my memory. Before you go looking it up, it means "a big mess, disorder".

I'm plowing through my flashcards with some more speed than usual, so it's no longer a burden or intimidating. It's slight, but noticeable; probably 10-15%, maybe more.

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - lokko - 02-05-2014

I'm loving your journal experiences. I wish Shannon can release a 5G version, by the time I'm done one of my subliminals !

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - JackOfHearts - 02-06-2014

Great journal, I didn't know the Anki software. I was trying to learn Russian with LingQ but I don't like it so I stoped. But I'm going to start again with Anki, it seems better than LingQ because you don't alwais need an internet connection. I hate software that doesn't work offline. I going to do MLS too but after AM5 : I don't want to distract AM5 with MLS. Why do you choose to learn those languages DanAmerson ?

PS : You may like this plugin for Chrome (I don't know if Firefox got the same). it's a translator (Double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble). It's very useful to get quick translation with this.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-dictionary-by-goog/mgijmajocgfcbeboacabfgobmjgjcoja

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Ampersnd - 02-06-2014

@Maniac360

Anki is only a tool; think of it as a Nintendo 64; you use an N64to play video games. Anki is only the platform for flashcards. The most important part is the quality of the decks you select.

People have spend hours making their own, and have put it into a database for your consumption. It's your job to pick the decks that suit your needs, and to be perseverant. In the Russian language section of AnkiWeb, you might have Russian verbs, sentences, adjectives, advanced vocab, frequency lists, etc. Experiment to find that one particular deck that inspires you to come back to it every day.

Right now, I'm taking steps to learn Italian, Korean, and Spanish.

@lokko; Thanks! I agree

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - JackOfHearts - 02-06-2014

But why did you choose those language in particular? Did you choose them randomly?

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Ampersnd - 02-07-2014

Italian; out of the fact that I'm partially Italian. It was one of the more unconscious decisions I've made for learning. I was given a large disk of bootleg Rosetta Stone programs, and I'm thinking "well, I'm partially Italian, so why not?". Now, I'm very advanced, so I want to master it, and then it'll be a new language in my repertoire! This was gradual and through high school

Korean: When I first got into Natural Grounding in 2012, I soon fell upon the Korean girl group "Girl's Generation". I loved the songwriting, I love the music, I loved the girls, and most of all, I loved the language. I listened so much that I picked up some of the basic words. I eventually decided to get into learning in

Spanish: The more pragmatic choice; when I decided that I want a successful music career, I decided that I should know the more common languages in the world. That includes Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. Mandarin would be too much with Korean, so I'm taking on Spanish. Started September 2013.

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - JackOfHearts - 02-07-2014

You chose those languages almost exactly like me. I wanted to learn Korean too because of the generation's girls.
I want to learn Chinese too because there is a lot of interesting knowledge in Chinese and a lot people who speak the language.
I want to learn Russian because there is a lot of computer hacker who speak Russian. I still want to learn Italian because I like how it sound, I read almost all Dan brown books and I think there could be some interesting things to learn in Italian (I'm french by the way).

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Ampersnd - 02-07-2014

Day 11,

I played Alpha Male all night yesterday; I'm going to play Alpha Male from 10pm to 8am each day so that I can get 10 hours a day (recommended: 8-12 hours). So I technically missed a day for MLS since my day was pretty packed.

So, depending on the day, I could get somewhere between 2-10 hours of Max Learning Speed. I'll modify my efforts based on what happens.

I sound like a smart kid in class; I answered those "reflection questions" the prof asked; the kind where she's trying to make connections between old material and new material. Given that I heard the question clearly, I could probably come up with the answer, EVEN IF IT'S A CONNECTION TO A PREVIOUS LESSON, OR A DIFFERENT CLASS.

For a moment during class, I'm thinking to myself "this is very slow paced", as though my mind can run faster than the teaching. Very cool feeling.

Since I've stricken Natural Grounding from my morning ritual (conflicts with AM 5.0), I have an extra 5 minutes for each of my languages, that is to say, radio and LingQ/Anki time. I can spend 20 minutes per language in the morning. I'm also listening to more online radio during the day, using Streema Radio. Just having it in the background certainly does something, especially if you're advanced enough, which is why I'll likely only use it passively for Italian until I become advanced enough in the other two. Italian radio is still very fast.

This sub is awesome!

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - JackOfHearts - 02-09-2014

Be careful you might get bored if you are too inteligent Tongue

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - gelimang - 02-10-2014

hmmm, i see, the result do vary then..
me doesn't get the effect till now

RE: Ampers&'s Maximum Learning Speed 3.0 Experience - Fonzy3 - 02-10-2014

Looking forward to see your results with "Maximum Learning Speed 3.0". You're getting a lot out of it already which is awesome. I like that you're taking the opportunities to use other subs with AM. Most of how we accept the subliminal is based on what we do to be more receptive.

Thanks

Fonzy