Subliminal Talk
The Modern Libertine's diary - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: The Modern Libertine's diary (/Thread-The-Modern-Libertine-s-diary)

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - RainbowAbyss - 12-07-2012

Hey K-train--there is waay more calm
like eerily so at points--the only downside is my motivation can really drop at times.
I still feel good but I have to be inspired to be act, get a gut response, or committed to a chose to be motivated..otherwise I won't budge lol All activities and actions that were in someway motivated by a sense of fear have really fallen away.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Cortez - 12-08-2012

(12-07-2012, 06:27 PM)RainbowAbyss Wrote: Hey K-train--there is waay more calm
like eerily so at points--the only downside is my motivation can really drop at times.
I still feel good but I have to be inspired to be act, get a gut response, or committed to a chose to be motivated..otherwise I won't budge lol All activities and actions that were in someway motivated by a sense of fear have really fallen away.

I agree. I am WAAAAAAY less motivated to do things that have previously been inspired by fear. It's pretty easy to just not give a damn about most things. My motivation has to come from a different source now.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Shannon - 12-08-2012

Can you give me some examples of things you were previously inspired to do by fear?

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Cortez - 12-09-2012

I haven't added that yet.I think I'll do Everything is Possible instead.

There's certain things that I do like passing out sometimes without remembering to brush my teeth first. That was always fear based, because I was terrified of the dentist as a kid, lol. Now I just have to consciously remind myself of these things that I need to do. I also kind of have to keep an eye on myself myself when I'm drinking sometimes and exercise self control with that. I've noticed some instances where I could have easily gone out of control. I find it easier to procrastinate sometimes as well.

All in all, there's just not much that troubles me any more so I've had to shift my focus to doing things that, in the past, may or may not have come from fear, to coming from a different place instead. It just seems like a process, not something that would stick with me permanently. It's well worth it, but I do wonder if someone who hadn't done AM before this might have a harder time switching priorities from fear based to self respect based than I did.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Ryan - 12-09-2012

Ooo. EIP is fun Wink

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - K-Train - 12-09-2012

(12-08-2012, 05:50 AM)Cortez Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 06:27 PM)RainbowAbyss Wrote: Hey K-train--there is waay more calm

I agree. I am WAAAAAAY less motivated to do things that have previously been inspired by fear. It's pretty easy to just not give a damn about most things. My motivation has to come from a different source now.

Good to hear guys! So the positive mood boosting effects in OF are working like a charm then! Maybe I spoke too soon in my other thread, I might have to seriously consider OF especially if I can combine it with Ultra Success or Overcome Procrastination.

I'm curious about the effects of AM when a person has already completed 60+ days of OF or OFSG. If the majority of resistance is based on some sort of fear, shame or guilt then theoretically, one could expect the full effects from AM or perhaps every sub.

Either way, looking forward to more reports from you Cortez especially when you add EIP into the mix!

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Cortez - 12-12-2012

I'm taking a week off from this sub. I need a break from them. I've been listening for way too long with no breaks.

Right after I stopped, I have been having a lot of sex dreams. I don't see why it would be related to that, but it's just something I noticed.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Cortez - 01-01-2013

Happy New years, everyone!

I've been gone from here since last month. I took a few weeks off of the Overcoming Fear subliminal. After that break I decided that it had already done some great work on me, but was making me wilder than usual, so I picked AM5 up and have been doing that since Dec. 17th. I'll probably throw the fear sub back in at some point later in the AM stages, but right now I felt like I really needed to do AM again and since I've had it sitting around for a while, I've been anxious to see how powerful the new version is.

I certainly haven't been disappointed. As always, the first stage tends to make me slightly more moody than usual. The 2010 version was my first run through and by far that was the roughest, but since then every time I've done the set, it's progressively less uncomfortable. In part that's due to the fact that I have a lot better boundaries and personal power now, so there's not really a lot of things I need to change that I am being made aware of and of course there's also the fact that the upgraded versions of the set make it easier to go through as well.

What stage 1 has done for me so far has made me really not want to go out partying as much,. I haven't really done much of that at all in the past month. I have been reading much more as well. I got a Nook(Ebook reader like the Kindle) from Walmart with Christmas money and I have been plowing through literary classics since then. I've also been watching a lot of really old movies lately. I've been drawn to the dynamic in the old films that the males and females used to have. You don't see many truly alpha males like that in films anymore. Overall it has just made more calm and commanding. I have almost no resistance at all other than being slightly more moody at times in dealing with peoples BS at which point I usually snap slighty and then shake it off pretty quickly.

I see we have the sale going on today. There's a lot of tempting subs around here that I want to try. I am definitely going to have to wet my beak on this one.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - SexyMofo - 01-01-2013

Hey Cortez Alpha was sold at 21.99 a while ago! Btw its good to see someone who started just about the same time as I started. At least I have someone to compare notes with. Big Grin

Alpha 5.0 is definitely a lot smoother than 2010. 2010 made me very cranky. I also notice the same "snap slightly but shake it off quickly". Before I used to get bothered with the little things, now I think of it as just a waste of time. I get into arguments with my father but I seem to be able to deliver what I want to say objectively without being rude. Guess Shannon gave it a very nice touch Smile

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Cortez - 01-02-2013

I got AM 5.O during the last sale for a really good price, but it wasn't that low. That's a good price. I almost got SM 2.0 during the sale for $46, I think, but decided against it, because realistically, I really don't want to dedicate 6 months to SM again for a while, as it fun as those 6 months were.

Here's what I got.

Lightning Reflexes

Enhance Your Sense of Humor

Become Irresistibly attractive to beautiful women

Enhance Your Flirting Skills

and Become a Successful Entrepreneur

They were all so ridiculously cheap I couldn't resist.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Cortez - 01-25-2013

I'm a few days in to stage 2 now and it is giving me some strange dreams. Stage 1 was, as it always is, a kick in the ass. I snapped a few times like I always do in stage 1, but that's to be expected. After all this time I still have some anger unresolved, some of it is unconscious, but a lot of times, it's just modern life that really gets under my skin. I've made it well known I'm not a huge fan of modern civilization and I've tasted much of the delightful things it has to offer, even so it leaves much to be desired. I've calmed down anyway, there's always just a period on the first stage where everything is magnified and intensified.

This happens every time with AM, but I'm really enjoying solitude. I was going out a lot just last month and doing some crazy, ridiculous things, but lately I haven't felt the need. I haven't even drank alcohol in over a week which is saying something for me, as I do love the devil juice.

I messed up my back a few weeks ago, it's an old injury going back years. I have a few herniated discs in my back and every once in a while I get a nerve pinched in it and it hurts like all hell...this is one of those times. It would be all too easy for me to just sit around and take pain pills, but I prefer the harder way and my determination is pretty unshakable. If I just stick to my stretching and working out, it will be gone before long. I feel like the set is really strengthening my determination for this and that's good because it's some bad pain.

I added Seize the Day in today. I think I'll listen to that all through stage 2 and 3. It's been a while since I've used that one. It should be interesting.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Spiral - 01-25-2013

Hey, good to hear from you Cortez. Sorry to hear about your back. I got back into working out as well. I got a gym membership and everything.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Cortez - 02-07-2013

Awesome, Spiral, I'm sure you'll make good use of it. A man just feels so much more alpha whenever he's got a lot of muscle mass. As far as my back, I've been super dosing a supplement called MSM and it's made a tremendous impact. Not only is it a miracle worker for joints, but it also has the effect of detoxing your entire body and apparently is one of the best things for de-calcifying the pineal gland.

I'm really enjoying stage 2 so far. None of the roughness from the first stage. I'm feeling the effects of however much of the "Speak Authoritatively" script is in this. Women have been acting more ridiculous around me than usual. For instance a friend of mine(Who is gay) said she had (Yet another) sexual dream about me. The dream itself was ridiculous, with me as a sea god with a giant phallus. She told me she would make a painting of it for me, haha. Funny shit.

RE: The Modern Libertine's diary - Cortez - 02-08-2013

That's the one.