Subliminal Talk
Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal (/Thread-Vossman-s-Weight-Loss-5g-Journal)

Pages: 1 2

Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - vossman - 09-01-2013

Ok so I decided I would keep a journal after all Big Grin This will make it easier to see where I am and where I was over a period of time. Sometimes I think I may not realize that where I am now is much different then where I was, so keeping a record of my current state will be a useful frame of reference.

How I am using this sub

Every night while sleeping
Masked track played all night long. Using SleepPhones which so far have been quite comfortable. They seem to slip off every now and then, but I wake up usually twice a night to pee and adjust as necessary. I find sleeping on my back keeps them in place the best. They are also a little loose so my wife is going to adjust them for me.

During the day
I work on a computer and spend a good 10+ hours on it a day during the week. While working I keep the ultrasonics running (I have logitech Z320 speakers that have good sound quality and meet the range requirements). Usually I play music over them, but keep them going when I have conference calls and meetings. On the weekend I still use my computer but not as much, so less exposure during this time.

Every now and then
I practice meditation, sometimes more often then others, but a lot of times when I do meditate I will put on a masked track. It gives me a peaceful audio, sets the time limit, and I get the subs in at the same time!

All in all I think I am getting more than enough exposure to the subs Smile

Important Info on Diet / Exercise
I think it's worth mentioning what my current habits are regarding diet and exercise. My diet is 90%+ Paleo. Basically I eat mainly real, whole foods. I don't eat processed or refined foods and I have eliminated a host of other problematic foods as well. I am pretty strict with this most of the time but every now and then allow myself a treat, although usually they are still not too far off the wagon.

For exercise I do CrossFit. Currently I am going 5x a week. Since starting, I have gained a lot of muscle and strength, but have not lost a significant amount of fat.

My main goal with this sub is to lose fat. Not just weight, because weight can be water, bone, muscle, tissue, fat, etc. What I never asked, but am assuming, is that this sub is geared towards fat loss, not just weight loss.

Current Stats
Time using program: 1 week

Start Weight: 275 lbs
Start BF %: 31.7% (87.1 fat lbs)

Current Weight: 278.4 lbs
Current BF %: 31.6% (88 fat lbs)

It's only been a week so the changes I am seeing are irrelevant at this point. Body weight can shift several pounds in either direction based on water content and other factors. I use one of those handheld devices to measure body fat %, and the change in body fat is only .9 lbs. Not an indicator of anything really.

My expectation, or marker of success rather, is to see body fat decline within 3-4 weeks. I think that should be an adequate amount of time for positive results. I know myself, and unfortunately my typical behavior pattern is that I will get discouraged if I don't see results in a month. We shall see how things go.

Cheers
Vossman

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - Mz. Gem - 09-01-2013

(09-01-2013, 07:16 AM)vossman Wrote: Ok so I decided I would keep a journal after all Big Grin This will make it easier to see where I am and where I was over a period of time. Sometimes I think I may not realize that where I am now is much different then where I was, so keeping a record of my current state will be a useful frame of reference.

How I am using this sub

Every night while sleeping
Masked track played all night long. Using SleepPhones which so far have been quite comfortable. They seem to slip off every now and then, but I wake up usually twice a night to pee and adjust as necessary. I find sleeping on my back keeps them in place the best. They are also a little loose so my wife is going to adjust them for me.

During the day
I work on a computer and spend a good 10+ hours on it a day during the week. While working I keep the ultrasonics running (I have logitech Z320 speakers that have good sound quality and meet the range requirements). Usually I play music over them, but keep them going when I have conference calls and meetings. On the weekend I still use my computer but not as much, so less exposure during this time.

Every now and then
I practice meditation, sometimes more often then others, but a lot of times when I do meditate I will put on a masked track. It gives me a peaceful audio, sets the time limit, and I get the subs in at the same time!

All in all I think I am getting more than enough exposure to the subs Smile

Important Info on Diet / Exercise
I think it's worth mentioning what my current habits are regarding diet and exercise. My diet is 90%+ Paleo. Basically I eat mainly real, whole foods. I don't eat processed or refined foods and I have eliminated a host of other problematic foods as well. I am pretty strict with this most of the time but every now and then allow myself a treat, although usually they are still not too far off the wagon.

For exercise I do CrossFit. Currently I am going 5x a week. Since starting, I have gained a lot of muscle and strength, but have not lost a significant amount of fat.

My main goal with this sub is to lose fat. Not just weight, because weight can be water, bone, muscle, tissue, fat, etc. What I never asked, but am assuming, is that this sub is geared towards fat loss, not just weight loss.

Current Stats
Time using program: 1 week

Start Weight: 275 lbs
Start BF %: 31.7% (87.1 fat lbs)

Current Weight: 278.4 lbs
Current BF %: 31.6% (88 fat lbs)

It's only been a week so the changes I am seeing are irrelevant at this point. Body weight can shift several pounds in either direction based on water content and other factors. I use one of those handheld devices to measure body fat %, and the change in body fat is only .9 lbs. Not an indicator of anything really.

My expectation, or marker of success rather, is to see body fat decline within 3-4 weeks. I think that should be an adequate amount of time for positive results. I know myself, and unfortunately my typical behavior pattern is that I will get discouraged if I don't see results in a month. We shall see how things go.

Cheers
Vossman

Excellent! I am thinking of add this sub to the collection.

I am excited and looking forward to your journey and hearing about your experiences.

Which version of this sub are you using? 4g

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - vossman - 09-01-2013

I am using 5g, whatever is currently for sale on the main site. Shannon said v5 would be coming out soon, so I guess this is v4. I don't see a version number listed on the tracks or the sales page, only "5g"

Vossman

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - Shannon - 09-03-2013

Vossman, you are using Version 1.0 of the 5G/OE version. I never released Version 2, although it went through extensive testing. I was going to release it, and then discovered an improvement, but V3 turned into V4 within a week, and then I made another major improvement and got V5, which has been in testing for a while now. I'm planning to release it shortly.

To answer your question, Weight Loss is designed to bring you to your ideal weight. Fat loss is an excellent way to do so, as is water weight, etc. but the program keeps you safe getting there. So far all my testers except one are reporting steady weight loss.

If you are actually gaining weight since starting the program, one possibility is that you're resisting the program. V1 typically triggers weight loss within the first week, and usually is 1.5 pounds a week steady. V5 is usually about 3 pounds a week, as the program instructs.

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - vossman - 09-04-2013

I have a belief that I have resistance to weight loss as nothing I have done in the past 2+ years has yielded any lasting result. This has caused a lot of frustration and discouragement, but I am determined to be successful and won't allow myself to give up. That's why I decided to use this sub in the first place, to help overcome my own resistance towards weight loss.

I have used hypnosis, both with a professional and self hypnosis, in the past with success. I don't have any conscious fears or objections about subliminals, but I have had a few thoughts come in to the effect of "this won't work because nothing works for me". As soon as these come in, I dismiss them, but it is an indicator of negativity under the surface.

Do you have any advice on how I can overcome this resistance and/or make the subliminal more effective?

Maybe a different product is right for me before this one?

Thanks
Vossman

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - vossman - 09-08-2013

Another week down.

I have been listening to the subs religiously as in my OP.

Current Stats
Weight: 277.6 lbs
BodyFat %: 32.4 (89.94 lbs)

Down .8 lbs but body composition changed dramatically, at least according to the handheld device. The good news is those things aren't super reliable, so most likely the change has not been as significant as it looks. Data over 6-8 weeks will provide a better picture of what is actually going on.

So far, really nothing to write home about. I'm neither pleased or displeased. I think it will take at least a month to determine if this is effective, if not a bit longer.

Right now I will make a goal to stick with the sub for 2 months. If I see no progress after 2 months, well fuck.

In terms of daily habits and lifestyle, nothing has changed. My appetite has remained the same, my food choices and quantities have been the same, exercise has been the same.

I have a strong feeling coming up about my thyroid though so I am going to get it checked out (again). I had a mainstream doctor run some tests last year but he pretty much ran all the wrong tests. Further research on the thyroid has shown that the standard tests doctors order (which this guy did) can appear normal for people who have definite issues. So this is one thing that sticks out and also came up from some coaches at my gym.

I have also been thinking heavily about diet "strategy" but I am tired of wasting my time on efforts that get me no where. The only thing that has worked for me in the past 2 years has been a protein sparring modified fast. Basically a diet consisting of only lean protein and fibrous veggies at about 1000 calories a day. I did quite well with this diet but after it was over I went right back to stuffing my face with crap and put the weight back on.

Before I go that route I want to check my thyroid from a holistic type doctor, or at least someone who will get me the right tests. If I have a problem, thyroid medication or natural supplementation could provide some much needed relief. If no issue there, then I will most likely go with the high protein diet again.

Until next week....

Cheers
Vossman

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - Mz. Gem - 09-09-2013

(09-08-2013, 08:37 AM)vossman Wrote: Another week down.

I have been listening to the subs religiously as in my OP.

Current Stats
Weight: 277.6 lbs
BodyFat %: 32.4 (89.94 lbs)

Down .8 lbs but body composition changed dramatically, at least according to the handheld device. The good news is those things aren't super reliable, so most likely the change has not been as significant as it looks. Data over 6-8 weeks will provide a better picture of what is actually going on.

So far, really nothing to write home about. I'm neither pleased or displeased. I think it will take at least a month to determine if this is effective, if not a bit longer.

Right now I will make a goal to stick with the sub for 2 months. If I see no progress after 2 months, well ****.

In terms of daily habits and lifestyle, nothing has changed. My appetite has remained the same, my food choices and quantities have been the same, exercise has been the same.

I have a strong feeling coming up about my thyroid though so I am going to get it checked out (again). I had a mainstream doctor run some tests last year but he pretty much ran all the wrong tests. Further research on the thyroid has shown that the standard tests doctors order (which this guy did) can appear normal for people who have definite issues. So this is one thing that sticks out and also came up from some coaches at my gym.

I have also been thinking heavily about diet "strategy" but I am tired of wasting my time on efforts that get me no where. The only thing that has worked for me in the past 2 years has been a protein sparring modified fast. Basically a diet consisting of only lean protein and fibrous veggies at about 1000 calories a day. I did quite well with this diet but after it was over I went right back to stuffing my face with crap and put the weight back on.

Before I go that route I want to check my thyroid from a holistic type doctor, or at least someone who will get me the right tests. If I have a problem, thyroid medication or natural supplementation could provide some much needed relief. If no issue there, then I will most likely go with the high protein diet again.

Until next week....

Cheers
Vossman

Thanks for updating.. I am interested in your results as I have a few lbs to lose.
I have recently been introduced to "The Gabriel Method" by Jon Gabriel.
I like everything about his holistic approach to healthy eating and exercise.
I have started incorporating his suggestions and am seeing pretty good results so far. Its too soon to give any concrete data, but I feel better and I'm not so consumed with food and food choices.
Will keep you posted.

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - vossman - 09-09-2013

Good luck. I have tried a similar program based on hypnosis. No luck with that for me either.

Part of me just wishes I could stop caring about this crap, yet another part of me is determined to never give up. It's an interesting conflict

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - Ruffian - 09-10-2013

Hey Vossman,

I don't know if you ever downloaded the free PSTEC clicktracks I mentioned in the other thread, but if you have them, here's something you can try.

First off, consider that what is being called “resistance” is actually a strategy developed by your subconscious to ensure your safety, security, and/or your survival. This of course will vary from person to person, and may be a strategy for a “threat” that is either more generalized, or for one that is highly specific. IML subs are designed to get the best results for large numbers of people (that is my assumption,) so if your subconscious has adopted it's strategy (excess pounds) for something highly specific, it may be something not covered in the subliminal.

If you have any experiences in the past where you actually were, or just felt you were:

Abused (physically, mentally, or emotionally)
Bullied
Abandoned
Stolen from
(basically any experience that would make you feel like you needed protection, or needed to hold on)

then you should run through these using the clicktracks.

There are instructions that come with the clicktracks, be sure to listen to them. But I will mention a couple of points here:

When you listen to the track, you want to think of the memory (real or imagined,) and feel the negative emotion. At the same time, you are listening to the clicks and tones, and trying to follow along by tapping.

With the clicks, tap with the appropriate hand at the same tempo as the clicks.

With the tone, tap rapidly with both hands (this is a little vague in the instructions.)

The voice in the background may move in and out of your awareness, but you don't need to actively listen to it.

This process will feel weird, and you will find you can't keep up tapping accurately. This is good. If you ever get “too good” at following with the tapping, you should start using the other free clicktrack.

It will probably take more than one run-through to get the emotional level down. You may find other memories surfacing that you will also want to clicktrack. Just kind of feel your way with it. I spent many months working on some of my deeper issues, taking breaks, coming back to it.

I don't think using PSTEC would contraindicate using the subs at the same time, but again, feel your way with it. And remember to be kind to yourself.

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - vossman - 09-10-2013

Thanks for the detailed instructions and advice. I haven't really checked out PSTEC yet but I will when I can make some time for it

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - Shannon - 09-13-2013

Vossman, Weight Loss Version 1.0 is based directly on the Optimus Engine. We here at IML have personally seen the Optimus Engine do some pretty amazing things, and it is consistent in how it amazes. Most people who use Version 1 of Weight Loss will lose 1.5 pounds a week, like clockwork, starting in week 1.

If you're not losing weight, the only explanation is resistance, which in this case would be a refusal to accept and follow the suggestions that make up the Optimus Engine. Your results are statistically meaningless, and show that refusal.

Resistance like that is always based in fear. The fear may be conscious or subconscious, but regardless it is always subconscious at it's root. What you fear may be something completely unexpected; in fact it may be more than one thing that is completely unexpected and irrational, too!

The Optimus Engine works based on the fact that your own subconscious mind knows full well why XYZ is true, even if your conscious mind does not. It then directs your subconscious mind to determine a solution, and execute that solution.

If that action is perceived as a sufficient threat to your safety, health, freedom, control, etc. (as mentioned above), it may be rejected or refused.

If it is being rejected outright, nothing will happen. If it is being resisted, you'll typically see a power struggle begin. This usually results in what I call the "yoyo effect", where the person will begin losing weight, hit a "brick wall" and then rebound (or at best, stop cold in their weight loss).

If you're feeling a struggle going on, but not seeing any outward changes, then you're already at your brick wall and you perceive the program's instructions as deeply threatening subconsciously.

If you perceive nothing at all happening, you're likely just stonewalling altogether.

I am close to releasing Version 5.0, which includes a lot of new program instructions and is having definite impacts on even my most resistant weight loss tester (whom I'd love to choke sometimes for how ridiculous her resistance is). She has issues to work through before the weight loss can begin, it seems, but everyone else using the program is reporting very good results, between 1.5 pounds per week lost (an ex of mine who is under a great deal of emotional stress all the time) to 3 pounds per week (almost everyone else).

Version 6 is going to include a new technology called the Self Optimizing Amplifier, which should actually reverse resistance for some or even most people. I'm not sure I fully understand how the SOA affects people yet, which is why I haven't yet built V6. But when V5 comes out, I'll make sure you get a copy as a free upgrade, since V1 is obviously not doing it for you.

If V6 works the way I expect it to, it will potentially blow everything else away. Let's hope. V5 is pretty impressive on it's own so far.

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - vossman - 09-14-2013

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and reply, Shannon.

I have been changing eating habits a bit over the past 2 weeks and have been feeling less hunger as well as eating smaller meals.

This week I don't feel like I've been struggling, I actually am feeling a bit relaxed about the whole thing. Maybe my persistence with the program is breaking through the resistance?

Additionally, ruffian has suggested I check out PSTEC. I have been so busy with work that I haven't had time for, well, anything but I plan to give it a shot and maybe it will help break down some of those barriers and release whatever is going on in my subconscious that is hindering my results.

If you have any other suggestions on how to break through resistance, they would be most welcome.

Thanks again
Vossman

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - vossman - 09-15-2013

3 weeks down.

Just a quick update today. Still listening religiously day and night. I have noticed some shifts in my hunger level and eating patterns.

Most notably, I have been following a program I read about some time ago, called the Leptin reset. It's a simple program:
  • Eat a big breakfast within 30 minutes of waking
  • Breakfast should have 50+ g protein
  • Breakfast should be low carb
  • Eat a small lunch
  • Eat a regular dinner
  • No snacking between meals
  • Get good night sleep

Been doing this 8-9 days so far. Will continue to see how it goes, but so far so good.

Current Stats
Weight: 274.6 lbs
BodyFat %: Unable to measure today

Down 3lbs from last week, and 0.4 lbs from the start of the program. Progress is progress.

Shannon says people should lose 1.5lbs per week starting right away, and while that might be the case for a lot of people, to me it makes more sense to look at an average distributed over a chunk of time, say 6-8 weeks. Depending on a host of factors, like when you weigh yourself, what you ate, water content, etc, your weight can shift a few pounds in either direction on any given day/time of day.

I make it a routine to do my weigh ins when I first wake up on Sunday, after taking a leak. But even this isn't perfect.

I still have full intentions to continue using the program for at least 2 months, and am looking forward to the v5 release as well.

I also downloaded the PSTEC free stuff yesterday and have started listening. Thanks again, Ruffian.

Cheers
Vossman

RE: Vossman's Weight Loss 5g Journal - stratos - 09-15-2013

pstec is good..like lefkoe and feft it's a way to more quickly process the crap that the sub stirs up.