Subliminal Talk
from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids (/Thread-from-Dailytech-com-Oklahoma-Narcotics-Bureau-claims-sound-is-dangerous-to-kids)

Pages: 1 2

from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - ronatello - 07-17-2010

While scanning Anandtech, I came across this tidbit from Dailytech. It's about binaural beats.
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=19053

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - Shannon - 07-18-2010

I have been waiting for some nut case to come up with this conclusion about "digital drugs". Next, they'll be banning air because if you hyperventilate, you'll get an oxygen high. ("Oh, oxygen is a drug! Let's ban that too!") Meanwhile, the rest of the world just laughs at our infantile ridiculousness.

The more you try to ban and legislate everything out of existence that scares you or offends your morals, the more you are going to prove it can't be done.

Meanwhile, nicotine and white sugar are legal and ever prevalent. Oh, and alcohol. When are they going to realize what Prohibition was trying to teach us?

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - ronatello - 07-19-2010

Agree totally! The nutcases that bother themselves with that kind of nonsense are letting bigger and far worse things slip under their radar.

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - subtest - 12-27-2010

Reading this post and the article from dailytech, I googled the curious expression "I-dosing" and found that it's actually true, Shannon! This following website seems really insane selling alternative digital products to real drugs. [Link Removed]

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - Spiral - 01-04-2011

Hyperventilation?? what is that?!?! haha. such crock

and It really doesn't matter these so called digital drugs. It's those kids' own fault if "they go down the dark path of self destruction". this I-doser site looks pretty damn cool if you ask me.

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - RainbowAbyss - 01-05-2011

dude that I-doser looks freaky
Spiral do digital peyote and report back!
I always wanted to try peyote in a ceremony
but my minds already hanging by a thread lol
figure I'll play this one close to the vest.

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - Jay - 01-05-2011

I've tried Hand of God from I-doser a couple of months ago, but it definitely didn't make me freak out like I saw some people did on YouTube, I just saw the occasional light flash (in my head) with feeling pretty calm and and a bit light headed afterwards. Oh well, too bad Smile

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - RainbowAbyss - 01-05-2011

Haha its 200 bucks
for a digital dose of hand of god
To get freaked out or light headed
Or am I missing something

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - Jay - 01-05-2011

Hahaha, no you're not missing something. The top of their line is one called The Gates of Hades, I believe it's 400 bucks. And from what I've seen it creates spasms and hallucinations (believing that you're in hell, or in a place way down below etc.). There are plenty of vids of that going around, pretty weird seeing people (i.e. mostly kids) having muslce cramps, and being all warped and being dazed and confused afterwards.

After using the insomnia aid I started looking at other companies that made Brainwave Entrainment programs, and tried numerous sleeping programs which tbh didn't do that much (especially in comparison with the insomnia aid) and eventually came across idoser and wanted to try one of the stronger idoser programs as a final test. Eventually I settled on Hand of God since it was a bit milder than Gates of Hades but it would warrant enough of an effect after seeing people use it on YouTube. Too bad it didn't, I actually hoped it would. Perhaps see some illusions in the form of angels or something like that. Smile

I think the enormous price tag puts more emphasis on that they wouldn't ask such an preposterous amount of money if it didn't work, to make it more believable. But to be honest, things like that are only worth pirating.

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - Spiral - 01-05-2011

I may test the chakra one. It's like 3 bucks.

Now is this a one time download where I can listen to it only once or is it like this place? I can download it, have it forever, and listen to it when I want?

I don't know I get a bad vibe from that place
Gate of hades! What!!!
I can kind of understand, if u thought it really worked,
the hand of god but who wants to pay almost half a grand to go to hell
Haha Its wicked funny. I would pay that money NOT to experience that
I could put somebody in a really low place for 400$ maybe I should sighn myself up there as a product
haha thanks for sharing jay Im really getting a kick out of this. _

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - Shannon - 01-05-2011

(12-27-2010, 05:36 AM)subtest Wrote: Reading this post and the article from dailytech, I googled the curious expression "I-dosing" and found that it's actually true, Shannon! This following website seems really insane selling alternative digital products to real drugs. [Link Removed]

I'm aware of iDoser. I don't necessarily agree with certain of their philosophies, though, so I removed your link. It's easy enough to find them through Google if you want to.

RE: from Dailytech.com: Oklahoma Narcotics Bureau claims sound is dangerous to kids - Shannon - 01-05-2011

(01-05-2011, 08:34 AM)Jay Wrote: I think the enormous price tag puts more emphasis on that they wouldn't ask such an preposterous amount of money if it didn't work, to make it more believable. But to be honest, things like that are only worth pirating.

Again, whether you agree with their pricing or not, endorsing pirating - especially when pirating directly affects me and my livelihood - is not appreciated here. Please respect copyright and intellectual property, mine and that of others.

Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. They could not sell it at that price if it was not effective for most people. I am not sure what brainwave entrainment technique they're using, but I do know that some people can resist brainwave entrainment, and some circumstances cause it to fail partially or completely.

I played with creating digital drugs for a little while. That's where my morphine program came from. I created several other experimentals, but didn't have much luck getting people to report back. Now that we have the forum, perhaps I should start experimenting with them again.

My interest would not be in digital drugs, per se, but in using audio to manipulate consciousness in interesting ways. To create digital drugs, you have to know what you're trying to replicate, and I am not willing to go learn that much about illegal drugs for you guys, sorry. lol

But that's not to say we couldn't create a bunch of interesting mind altering audios.