Subliminal Talk
Need advice - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Product Discussion (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Product-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Need advice (/Thread-Need-advice)

Need advice - Wertrand - 02-05-2013

I think i have this issue, i guess. I don't lack social confidence, and i'm not shy.It's just that i'm too cold, serious, professional, straight-to-the point while socializing. And, i noticed that a lot of people get the first impression that i'm a snob.

Do you guys think that combining "Socializing is a fun game" and the one about flirting would give me that playful, relaxed edge in conversations ?

RE: Need advice - Shannon - 02-05-2013

Socializing is a fun game is aimed primarily at social anxiety sufferers, but it can definitely make you more playful with socializing. I had a lot of fun with it. Flirting, I don't know about. Can't say.

It would seem that such a response to socializing might be an effort to protect yourself in some manner, by being cool, distant, aloof and formal. Do you agree? What might be behind such a thing, if that is the issue?

RE: Need advice - Wertrand - 02-05-2013

Tbh, i dont know. I always credited that to being an INTP (MBTI type), and other people (girls mostly Tongue) usually linked this to me being a Scorpio in horoscope.

RE: Need advice - Subeternal - 02-05-2013

(02-05-2013, 02:14 PM)Wertrand Wrote: Tbh, i dont know. I always credited that to being an INTP (MBTI type), and other people (girls mostly Tongue) usually linked this to me being a Scorpio in horoscope.

I'm interested in your problem myself. I have that same problem when I socialize with others (especially girls) I feel like a robot when I talk to people or if you've ever seen "Supernatural" the Angel character on there named Castiel is also cold and straight to the point in many ways.

I"m a infp but I'm quite analytical and my brain is always thinking about things non stop. I score as a INTP quite a bit as well. Its interesting woman take that as you being Scorpio. From the ones I've met over the years they can be quite charming and likeable when around others although they never let you see anything beyond what they are willing to show. Scorpios have a tough shell and can be very critical at times but when your on the same page as them (or at least have some mutual respect) there some of the greatest people. I dont think Sun in Scorpio has anything to do with it in my perception.

You probably dont have this astrology placement but I have Moon in Capricorn myself. For me at least I find that placement to be the reason that I act so serious and professional around others. That snob first impression thing I get a lot as well until people realize how friendly I usually am.

I'd be extremely eager to find a sub that deals with this.

RE: Need advice - K-Train - 02-05-2013

Interesting thread. I myself am a Scorpio (Sun in Scorpio, Venus in Scorpio, Mercury Cusping Scorpio and Sagittarius). I used to be very cold towards people in interactions and very quiet but i did so mainly because I didn't want to be percieved as soft and didn't want to say anything stupid. Years and years of subliminal usage has changed this and now I'm quite talkative.