Subliminal Talk
Laura's Journal 2013 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Laura's Journal 2013 (/Thread-Laura-s-Journal-2013)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Shannon - 07-21-2013

Ah, intention. The best excuse. I have noted that when I am putting something off, the best way to get it done is... recognize that fact, drop everything else, and do it. Right then and there. No matter what.

As for writing subs, I am actually planning on making either a single stage or six stage set that includes all the writing stuff in one program, so it's not going to be as modular, but it'll be much more comprehensive. I suspect that adding OGSF to it will help people like you, as well.

Go bulldog it. "I'll do it tomorrow" is always a failure because tomorrow never comes. Intentions are just a way of letting yourself off the hook for not doing it. Go do it.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Laura - 07-21-2013

(07-21-2013, 10:52 AM)Shannon Wrote: As for writing subs, I am actually planning on making either a single stage or six stage set that includes all the writing stuff in one program, so it's not going to be as modular, but it'll be much more comprehensive. I suspect that adding OGSF to it will help people like you, as well.

I'm disappointed to hear that Sad. Unfortunately, such a set wouldn't make much sense to me because I'm writing a thesis which means technical writing. I wouldn't want to buy a set that includes 'Better Plot Design' and 'Create Vibrant Effective Characters'. I'm also not interested in 'Type Faster and More Accurately'. If you do come up with a set rather than just transform your 3G titles into 4G, please consider that there are different types of writers and that they have different needs. I don't like the idea of 1 writing sub set that is supposed to be suitable for all types of writing - there's a huge difference between fictional and technical writers, even though some of your subs may be suitable to both types of writers.

As far as OGSF is concerned, I listened to that sub for quite a long period, for about 3 months.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Shannon - 07-21-2013

I know, Laura. I'm a technical writer myself. The one is not exclusive of the other. The original design was based on modularity. So either I can retain modularity and do an inclusive, or I can create a set for technical writers and one for general story writing.

I think for the time being, I'll upgrade what we have as individual programs. Which of them would you most like to see upgraded?

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Joronda - 07-21-2013

Inter-course = a man gets into, then falls asleep.
A woman is waiting for more courses to be served, so she stays awake "wanting more".

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Laura - 07-22-2013

(07-21-2013, 02:06 PM)Shannon Wrote: I know, Laura. I'm a technical writer myself. The one is not exclusive of the other. The original design was based on modularity. So either I can retain modularity and do an inclusive, or I can create a set for technical writers and one for general story writing.

I think for the time being, I'll upgrade what we have as individual programs. Which of them would you most like to see upgraded?

That sounds great, thanks Big Grin. From reading the description, I think 'Write a Chapter a Day' (my thesis doesn't really consist of chapters, but of sections so I hope my subconscious will understand and interpret the word 'chapter' in the script as 'section', or maybe you could make a small change to the script and include 'section' as well) and 'Write Now, Edit Later'. I do have both in 3G and I have listened to them regularly for months until I switched to 'Ultra Motivation' and to 'End Clutter and Get Organized' two weeks ago, but I'll definitely switch to 'Write a Chapter a Day' and possibly also to 'Write Now, Edit Later' again very soon - as soon as I'm done with my analysis for the thesis and can actually start with the writing. If you transform 'Write a Chapter a Day' and 'Write Now, Edit later' into 4G soon, I'll definitely buy and listen to them as soon as they are available Shy.

While I haven't done any thesis work today yet, I still intend to do so and want to work on my thesis daily from today on.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Laura - 08-18-2013

Day 36 of End Clutter & Get Organized (according to iTunes, it has been played 974 times)
I stopped listening to Ultra Motivation yesterday, after having listened to it for 34 days (according to iTunes, it has been played 545 times).
Last night, I started to listen to Write a Chapter a Day AGAIN (according to iTunes, it has been played 2921 times).

Yesterday I decided to stop listening to Ultra Motivation and listen to Write a Chapter a Day again. I'm still working on the analysis for my thesis, but I want to warm up for the writing process...

Could I feel any effect of Ultra Motivation? It's hard to say. My motivation is usually quite good - at least as far as working for my job and for my thesis are concerned. I also have a good accountability system set up which definitely helps with getting things done. On the other hand, except from maybe 1-2 days, my motivation was good to very good while listening to Ultra Motivation - even though my accountability partners weren't always available. Should I need a motivation boost, I'll definitely consider returning to this sub. What I like about this sub is that it's supposed to help with motivation in general, not just in one particular area.

I'll continue to listen to End Clutter & Get Organized for some time. I believe it is somewhat helping. I've done some decluttering that I wanted to do and while I think I would have done that anyway, the sub might have helped me to make it a bit easier.

There's still some decluttering and a lot of tidying and organizing to do, but my current focus is maintaining what I've achieved so far and work on developing habits such as vacuuming not just the kitchen, bathroom, hallway and living room once a week, but also my bedroom/study - and of course that also means that I have to keep the floor tidy so that the vacuuming can get done. I know that for tidy people this all sounds simple and natural and while I'm for sure cleaner and tidier in the kitchen and the bathroom than my roommate, keeping things clean and organized in my bedroom/study is a different story... I know it's all about having positive habits in place and I'm also working with a habit tracker to keep me motivated and accountable.

I understand that decluttering, tidying and getting organized is a progress that takes time (in particular when one has other goals that definitely seem to be more important) but I also know it's definitely worth working on getting better at this. That's why I want to continue listen to End Clutter & Get Organized for some time. I also know that my relationship will benefit from me becoming tidier - my partner is generally tidier than me although, fortunately, not pedantic. If this sub is replaced by a 4G, I'll definitely buy it.

I also hope that Shannon makes Write a Chapter a Day in 4G soon!

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Laura - 08-31-2013

Day 49 of End Clutter & Get Organized (according to iTunes, it has been played 1139 times)
ca Day 7 of Love it Clean & Neat (This is in a playlist that plays on loop together with End Clutter & Get Organized. However, it is only played for an hour after 2 hours of End Clutter & Get Organized. According to iTunes, it has been played 58 times.)
Day 14 of Write a Chapter a Day (I listened to this sub earlier this year for several months - according to iTunes, it has been played 3052 times)

Just a quick update.

I added Love it Clean & Neat about a week ago. End Clutter & Get Organized also includes statements about making and having ones surroundings neat and clean, but Love it Clean & Neat also covers different rooms and areas and I like that.

I'm recuperating from stomach flu, but still wanted to be productive today should my health allow it. Because I'm not well, I didn't have a clear picture in my head (or on paper) of the things I wanted to get done. Instead, I had a ton of possible tasks in my head (and some on paper) and it was OK to go with the flow. Well, after spending about 1.5 hours tidying and vacuuming the floor in my bedroom (one of my August goals was to tidy and vacuum the floor in my bedroom once a week) this morning, this afternoon and evening I worked for several hours on getting my basement more organized and I also got rid of a few things! While this was also one of my uncompleted August goals, I did not expect I would actually work on the basement for so long today. I haven't done everything in the basement that I wanted yet, however, the hours I put in made a huge difference and I'm very pleased.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell whether certain reactions are based on the subliminal(s) or not. However, I've seen enough positive changes in my actions to say that I believe End Clutter & Get Organized and possibly Love it Clean and Neat have a very positive effect on me.

At this point, I don't now how long I'll keep listening to my current mix of subliminals (all in 3G), but I'll definitely continue for a few weeks or months. It takes time to build positive habits and thereby lasting change. I'm confident that Shannon's subliminals will help me to achieve the things I'm striving for in my life faster and more effortlessly than without.

For people who are trying to implement new habits or would just like tracking certain activities, I recommend using a habit tracker. There are several available online or as cellphone apps - many of them free. By using a habit tracker (and by having a list of monthly goals that I exchange with a few other people), I feel more in control of what I'm doing and what I'd like to improve.

All in all, I definitely feel that I'm moving forward in my life. And this after having felt stuck for many many years...

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Mz. Gem - 09-01-2013

Can you recommend some habit tracking apps?