Subliminal Talk
Laura's Journal 2013 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Laura's Journal 2013 (/Thread-Laura-s-Journal-2013)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - SargeMaximus - 02-16-2013

(02-03-2013, 11:45 PM)Laura Wrote: I'm also wondering whether all this means that I do respond to subliminals. That would be a good sign. There are so many programs I want to try out down the road. At this point it all could be placebo. And at this point, what I'm going through is rather uncomfortable.
It's definitely the sub. I've had the same thing and will update my journal momentarily because you reminded me of my tossing and turning some nights. I knew it was the sub too, it's like I was trying to get to sleep but the noise was keeping me awake. Then I'd realize it was the silent sub, and that there was NO noise! Obviously some resistance. Stick with it, it'll even itself out. Eventually, you begin to realize that it's just your mind sorting through things that it never wanted to before.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Shannon - 02-16-2013

Placebo? That's a joke, Laura. Placebo wouldn't cause that response. Especially not this far in.

This means you are responding to the sub. This also means you probably need more like 90 days instead of 32. Especially if you're doing two subs. And when you get that resistance, you should respond by listening more, not less. The more exposure you get, the faster you'll wear away the issue and get it dealt with.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Laura - 03-18-2013

(02-16-2013, 07:06 PM)Shannon Wrote: Placebo? That's a joke, Laura. Placebo wouldn't cause that response. Especially not this far in.

This means you are responding to the sub. This also means you probably need more like 90 days instead of 32. Especially if you're doing two subs. And when you get that resistance, you should respond by listening more, not less. The more exposure you get, the faster you'll wear away the issue and get it dealt with.

Thank you, Shannon. I'm glad that means I'm responding to the sub. However, I only felt the symptoms (not wanting to listen to OGSF and feeling down/low) at the very beginning.

I've been feeling great lately. I've been listening to OGSF for 49 days and to Write a Chapter a Day for 59 days. Because I was feeling low for some time (I actually think that started before using subliminals, but it became in particular bad when introducing OGSF), I did some research online and ended up buying a SAD lamp as I might suffer from seasonal affected disorder. By doing research online I've also found out that I might be suffering from an underactive thyroid, as I have low body temperature plus many of the symptoms that can appear with an underactive thyroid (poor sleep, low libido, low energy, cold hands etc.). I've purchased a couple of supplements (L-Tyrosine and Raw Thyroid) and I must say since using the SAD lamp and taking the supplements the severity of my symptoms have definitely decreased! My energy levels are great most of the time and I don't feel low anymore!

As far as the effects of the two subliminals are concerned, I trust that the subliminals are working. I find it hard to say whether my feelings of guilt, shame and fear have decreased - my main reason for listening to that sub has been to make myself more responsive to subs in general. I did encounter some shame and fear along the way, though, in particular when listening to the sub at the beginning.

I still can't say anything about Write a Chapter a Day. I've been listening to it because I want to be able to produce substantially more quality work per day when writing on my thesis than I used to. However, I'm still working on my analysis and don't have the data yet that is needed for actually writing on my thesis.

When I woke up today I had a sore throat. Not good. I fear a cold or flu is on its way. I've immediately purchased Cold & Flu Killer and started listening to it an hour ago. I'm quite curious whether it will be effective on me!

Shannon, in case you see this, please consider adding Maximum Productivity to the store. You mentioned it in the thread 'Ultimate Productivity Set Suggestion' as being available, but it was only available in an old store. Most of the time, I can focus really well and work for long hours. However, I often get lost in details and as a result, I'm not as productive as I'd like to be.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Laura - 07-08-2013

I haven't updated my journal for a long time - mainly because there has nothing been worth reporting plus my priority is to spend my time on my goals rather than updating my journal.

I regret not having updated my journal, though, when I stopped listening to Overcoming Guilt, Shame and Fear, but I'm pretty sure I listened to it for more than 90 days. Not that I had much to report - I mainly listened to it to become more susceptible to subliminals. However, it would still have been interesting for me to know for how many days (or nights) I listened to it.

Once I stopped listening to OGSF, I didn't listen to any subliminals during the night for a few weeks, but I kept listening to Write a Chapter a Day during the day. A few weeks ago, I started to listen to Write Now, Edit Later while asleep. Again, I regret not having updated when that change happened - I have no clue how many nights I've been exposed to it. I haven't been working on my thesis lately because of more urgent work-related tasks and goals, but I intend to finish the analysis later this week and finally work on writing my thesis and making it my number 1 priority in about 2 weeks' time. I've been listening to both Write a Chapter a Day and Write Now, Edit later in order to get my thesis finally written and hopefully in an efficient way.

Yesterday, my clothes rail broke and while cleaning in that corner, I also ripped down some red paper from the wall behind it. A lot of mold got exposed. I now intend to tidy, clean, declutter, demold and paint my bedroom so that it looks clean, nice and organized. This is going to be a huge project and I feel overwhelmed by the thought of it. I really don't have the time for this but the room looks horrible and unhealthy and it is clear that something needs to be done about it.

To help me with the project described above, I downloaded End Clutter and Get Organized (3G) and Ultra Motivation (4G). I'm going to listen to End Clutter and Get Organized during the day for as long as I'm working on the room project (might be for less than a week or for up to 4 weeks) and to Ultra Motivation during the night from tonight on. I might continue listening to Ultra Motivation once I consider my room project as completed and combine it with another subliminal, possibly with Write a Chapter a Day as my thesis is going to be my number 1 priority very soon.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - About - 07-08-2013

(03-18-2013, 11:18 PM)Laura Wrote: I've been feeling great lately. I've been listening to OGSF for 49 days and to Write a Chapter a Day for 59 days. Because I was feeling low for some time (I actually think that started before using subliminals, but it became in particular bad when introducing OGSF), I did some research online and ended up buying a SAD lamp as I might suffer from seasonal affected disorder. By doing research online I've also found out that I might be suffering from an underactive thyroid, as I have low body temperature plus many of the symptoms that can appear with an underactive thyroid (poor sleep, low libido, low energy, cold hands etc.). I've purchased a couple of supplements (L-Tyrosine and Raw Thyroid) and I must say since using the SAD lamp and taking the supplements the severity of my symptoms have definitely decreased! My energy levels are great most of the time and I don't feel low anymore!

It's summer where I am, and presumably it is where you are as well, but I suggest going to a doctor if you suspect an underactive thyroid. This sort of thing is exactly why you have a doctor in the first place. I could make a case that your cold hands, poor sleep, etc. are all related to your chakras, but that's not my place. Go see a doc if those things concern you.

Also about your OGSF, if you had continued listening to it since the last time you said (49 days at 3/19/13) then if you continued listening to it until at least the beginning of june you will have hit 90 days by my count.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - AbiDrew85 - 07-08-2013

I believe I have an underactive thyroid as well. I don't know about Laura, but I don't HAVE a doctor to go see. No insurance.

And yeah, I'm taking raw thyroid for it... Not taking L-tyrosine though... is that supposed to help thyroid as well?

I do have SAD, but I don't have a SAD lamp... probably couldn't afford one.

If you DO have a doctor though, Laura, I'd agree with About that you should tell them about your concerns for your thyroid... the glandular supplement is great and all, but you might really need more help than that.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - TheGraduate - 07-08-2013

You can get the Philips go lite for about 70 bucks if you look around. If you have SAD it's well worth it.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/light-therapy/golite-blu-plus-rechargeable-hf3332_60/prd/

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - TheGraduate - 07-08-2013

(01-30-2013, 12:06 AM)Laura Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 09:01 AM)massagemaggie Wrote: You know what always gets me to sleep.... Wink

You sound just like my partner when he says, "Let's go to bed" and I say "I'm not tired yet" and he would then answer "I can make you tired". I keep telling him just because he sleeps within five minutes after intercourse doesn't mean I do to. It's the cocktail of brain chemicals that get released in guys after intercourse orgasm that makes them sleepy.

Of course some women might fall asleep soon after intercourse, too. After all, it might be their bed time anyway and many women find it easy to fall asleep whether it's after intercourse or just in general when they go to bed. I don't happen to be one of them. I have to go to bed when I'm tired and even then I might suddenly feel wide awake again.

When you can't sleep sounds like a perfect time to write.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Laura - 07-14-2013

(07-08-2013, 12:43 PM)TheGraduate Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 12:06 AM)Laura Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 09:01 AM)massagemaggie Wrote: You know what always gets me to sleep.... Wink

You sound just like my partner when he says, "Let's go to bed" and I say "I'm not tired yet" and he would then answer "I can make you tired". I keep telling him just because he sleeps within five minutes after intercourse doesn't mean I do to. It's the cocktail of brain chemicals that get released in guys after intercourse orgasm that makes them sleepy.

Of course some women might fall asleep soon after intercourse, too. After all, it might be their bed time anyway and many women find it easy to fall asleep whether it's after intercourse or just in general when they go to bed. I don't happen to be one of them. I have to go to bed when I'm tired and even then I might suddenly feel wide awake again.

When you can't sleep sounds like a perfect time to write.

Unfortunately, I'm not a night owl. I'm an early bird. I don't have the energy to do such tasks as writing on my thesis in the evening and at night.

(07-08-2013, 12:40 PM)TheGraduate Wrote: You can get the Philips go lite for about 70 bucks if you look around. If you have SAD it's well worth it.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/light-therapy/golite-blu-plus-rechargeable-hf3332_60/prd/

Yes, I agree. I can recommend getting a SAD light to people who suffer from SAD. I do think the SAD lamp I have has helped me a lot in the winter. I also use it in the summer on rainy days. I'm in front of my laptop most of the time that's why I've bought one for my laptop:

http://www.amazon.com/Syrcadian-Blue-SB-1000-Therapy-Device/dp/B004E7KTB0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1373792337&sr=8-8&keywords=SAD+light

(07-08-2013, 08:36 AM)About Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 11:18 PM)Laura Wrote: I've been feeling great lately. I've been listening to OGSF for 49 days and to Write a Chapter a Day for 59 days. Because I was feeling low for some time (I actually think that started before using subliminals, but it became in particular bad when introducing OGSF), I did some research online and ended up buying a SAD lamp as I might suffer from seasonal affected disorder. By doing research online I've also found out that I might be suffering from an underactive thyroid, as I have low body temperature plus many of the symptoms that can appear with an underactive thyroid (poor sleep, low libido, low energy, cold hands etc.). I've purchased a couple of supplements (L-Tyrosine and Raw Thyroid) and I must say since using the SAD lamp and taking the supplements the severity of my symptoms have definitely decreased! My energy levels are great most of the time and I don't feel low anymore!

It's summer where I am, and presumably it is where you are as well, but I suggest going to a doctor if you suspect an underactive thyroid. This sort of thing is exactly why you have a doctor in the first place. I could make a case that your cold hands, poor sleep, etc. are all related to your chakras, but that's not my place. Go see a doc if those things concern you.

The reason why I'm not considering seeing a doctor at this point is:
1) It's expensive
2) By doing research online, I've found out that many women have symptoms of an underactive thyroid even though the blood test at the doctor says their thyroid is OK. I've read this information on several websites and many of them have been written by doctors. One thing I've learnt from my research is that certain thyroid supplements can help with these symptoms.
3) I don't know whether it's the SAD lamp or the supplements I've been taking or both, but I definitely feel better since. That's why I don't want to go to a doctor at this point.

(07-08-2013, 09:24 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote: I believe I have an underactive thyroid as well. I don't know about Laura, but I don't HAVE a doctor to go see. No insurance.

And yeah, I'm taking raw thyroid for it... Not taking L-tyrosine though... is that supposed to help thyroid as well?

Yes, it's supposed to help. It's a neurotransmitter support and it is supposed to help with glandular function and supports mental alertness.

(07-08-2013, 09:24 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote: I do have SAD, but I don't have a SAD lamp... probably couldn't afford one.

I definitely recommend getting one. Many of them are quite affordable and having one can make a huge difference in your life.

Update:

Day 7 of End Clutter and Get Organized (3G) (several hours every day - I let it play on my laptop and I spend a lot of time in front of my laptop daily; so far I haven't used headphones and I don't use external speakers - I have a MacBook Pro.)
Day 6 of Ultra Motivation (4G) (7-8 hours every night with sleep phones)

I'm usually doing well motivationwise, but about a couple of days before starting Ultra Motivation my motivation and mood was on a low. I had to force myself to get certain tasks done that I usually seem to do quite effortlessly. Fortunately, I have a good accountability system (involving accountability buddies) in place and I could still get things done. On the day after night 1 of listening to Ultra Motivation, my motivation level and mood increased and on the day after night 2 of listening it was more or less back to normal. Coincidence? Possible.

Two interesting things happened on Day 4 of End Clutter and Get Organized and Day 3 of Ultra Motivation. My roommate suddenly vacuumed and mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors. She hadn't mopped those floors for half a year! I usually do it even though she's supposed to do half the cleaning. Coincidence? Most likely. She definitely wasn't exposed to the sub as much as me, but I still found it interesting. Also, she had a headache and stayed at home plus I needed the kitchen table in another room - I think these two factors also contributed in her taking action.

On the same day or possibly on the day afterwards when I was about to put a protective layer onto a demolded wall in my room, I noticed some coffee stains on the kitchen door (and I definitely noticed them many times before) and I thought I'd get rid of those before doing what I was about to do. Once that was done, I was motivated to get rid of all sorts of stains on doors, door frames and on a big closet in the hallway and I worked on that for about an hour pretty much effortlessly. I then got tired and I reminded myself that I was supposed to work on my room project and put that protective layer on, but I made myself finish cleaning the closet in the hallway first. When pointing out the cleaned closet to my boyfriend the next day, he asked me whether I painted it! The difference was definitely visible and I was glad I got that done.

As far as my room project is concerned - and my room project was my motivation for starting to listen to 'End Clutter and Get Organized' and 'Ultra Motivation' - I got the demolding of one wall plus putting a protective layer on done with less effort than I thought it would take me. I'm also working on tidying and decluttering and I'm making progress, but so far these tasks have been taking quite a bit of effort. I usually make myself do these tasks by setting a timer for 10 minutes or so and my goal is to work on my room project for at least 30 minutes a day.

RE: Laura's Journal 2013 - Laura - 07-19-2013

Day 13 of End Clutter and Get Organized (during the day via my laptop; since my last journal entry, I've also started to using my headphones when using my laptop for longer periods of time)
Day 12 of Ultra Motivation (with sleep phones while sleeping)

Today I had a bit of a bad night. I slept well for quite a few hours and then I woke up and couldn't sleep for a while. While I was awake, a lot of negative thoughts came up. I definitely find it hard to understand why after so many years I still haven't written my thesis and finished my studies. Most people know me as a hard-working person and I keep sabotaging myself by working hard on important or urgent things that then take up so much time that there's no or hardly any time left for what should be the most important thing - write my thesis!!!

When I woke up this morning I definitely felt low and I decided against starting with work (this currently means preparing material for my teaching job) before having breakfast. I chose to browse this forum instead with the intention of writing a journal entry about my 'horrible' night. Usually, I would label this as a distraction and something to avoid (in particular at this time of the day). However, today it was the right decision. I was very happy to read that Shannon is working on turning all 3G writing subs into 4G. Can't wait! Smile I wish there was one particular for thesis writing, but I think the three titles 'Write a Chapter a Day', 'Write Now, Edit Later' and 'Writer's Motivation & Dedication' can all help with writing a thesis. I also wrote a private message and once I finally started writing this journal entry, my mood had already become much better Smile.

Another thing that came up while awake last night was that I'm still unsure whether subliminals have any positive effects on me. While I keep seeing proof here in the forum that they definitely work for a lot of people, I'm still not sure how susceptible I am. However, I'll keep listening and I definitely haven't been listening long enough to come to a conclusion.

As far as my room project is concerned, I am making slow progress by investing at least a few minutes every day. It would be great if I could keep my room clean and organized - once I've finished tidying, decluttering, cleaning and demolding it (there's more demolding to do around the windows). I can keep the rest of the apartment pretty clean and tidy, but for some reason I can't just do the same with my room - at least not up until now. I had my room tidied and cleaned (I mean really tidied and cleaned - not just superficially) twice within the last 1.5 years and both times I had hoped to be able to keep it pretty clean and tidy afterwards, but I couldn't Sad.

As far as my thesis is concerned, I intend to work on it daily from Monday on.