Subliminal Talk
Dance - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: General Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-General-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Dance (/Thread-Dance)

Dance - Sean - 11-28-2012

I read on a girlfriend's refrigerator magnet that Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire. Let's face it, most guys dread dancing, and those who enjoy it also enjoy many dance partners, due to the lack of men on the dance floor.

I'm not just looking at a "Dance like a Superstar" title being male-oriented. I think plenty of women could also use this to improve their dance skills and confidence. I think this could be a fast and easy 4G title. (Easy for me since Shannon does all the work! :angelSmile

Suggested topics:

Dance confidence
"let it flow" or "stop thinking and let your feet move"
If I am male, I lead my partner confidently
if I am female, I allow my partner to lead
Posture (not rigid but strong and flowing)
an aura of grace
a feeling of fun, enjoyment
pleasure in your partner's enjoyment
learning dance steps and moves quickly
confidence in new steps and moves
"feeling" the beat
The lead dance partner being creative, improvising, moving around the dance floor (not dancing in a box, which gets boring fast)
Taking instruction and corrections well, integrating them instantly
"I am completely coordinated physically" <-- intended to create grace in movement
Handling partner's/own mistakes without skipping a beat (forgiveness and adaptability)
Supporting your partner (if they trip up, help them get back on, etc)

RE: Dance - Subeternal - 11-28-2012

I like the idea although I find it odd you put it here. From my PoV less people will see it here. Anyway keep suggesting Smile

RE: Dance - Sean - 11-28-2012

I find it odd that you find it odd. Smile

RE: Dance - Ryan - 12-04-2012

Yeah he's right, I didn't even notice it down here. But, I think a sub is a good idea, I think people have been suggesting one like this for a while now. I'm not much of a dancer either even though I've been begged to dance, I won't do it lol.

RE: Dance - alpha123 - 12-04-2012

For myself, I think the obstacle had to do with fear of being watched in a situation where I was supposed to lead. Even if I could do the steps and the moves, leading felt somehow wrong, me being ingrained with the idea that women should manage by themselves and men should not tell them what to do. I still have some problems with leading good female dancers, because I know that they are capable of a lot more than I can show up, even if I have heard them say that they don't think in a judging manner.

Being good at, and willing to lead women in dance will sure contribute to the alpha path.

RE: Dance - Ryan - 12-04-2012

I don't know if it's fully being watched that I fear or if it's just that I've never been able to let loose like that. I won't even dance in private with a woman, or let alone...being alone. I suppose it's because I don't really know how to do it and I feel like a retard. I did dance once with a girl at a club, I couldn't do it for more than 5 minutes, I looked retarded.

RE: Dance - Sean - 12-04-2012

I wonder how much OGSF would help with this. I had a small epiphany reading your posts, Alpha and Ryan: I fear feeling ashamed of my inability to dance.

It's a wicked game, how these three support each other. Shannon's really nailed it with that product.

RE: Dance - Alec - 12-04-2012

Actually OF helped with this now that I think about it. I dance all the time now. Mostly cause it's fun/stupid and im really bad at it. Big Grin

RE: Dance - Shannon - 12-04-2012

I have been thinking about making this for a while now. And by that I mean, it's in the works, but hasn't come out of my head yet for whatever reason. I was going to make it as much for myself as for everyone else. I think if I could kill the discomfort of feeling stupid learning, I could become a great dancer. One more step to becoming absolutely irresistible... and of course true for others as well. It's coming.

RE: Dance - Ryan - 12-05-2012

I do remember when I was running Disconnect from Negativity way back, I went out one night with absolutely no negativity for myself. I felt kinda like I was dreaming in a way lol but extremely in the moment and not thinking about a damn thing. I took my girl to play mini-golf and I Had crazy urges to bust out some dance moves. For some reason I also began walking like a straight-up pimp with a cane. Lol.

RE: Dance - Sean - 12-05-2012

I'm glad to hear it's in the works. Thanks for letting us know, Shannon.