Subliminal Talk
Growing Hair - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Growing Hair (/Thread-Growing-Hair)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Growing Hair - Shannon - 05-15-2013

(05-12-2013, 02:09 PM)firsthelix Wrote: Thanks for the heads up! I guess, this program alone will make you a millionaire if it proves as effective as you plan for!

Let's hope you can sort out the AM6 issues asap so you can focus on things like this...

Best,
firsthelix

(05-11-2013, 06:30 PM)Shannon Wrote: It's "on deck", but I have to get some things dealt with first. Like finishing AM 6, and upgrading at least a few more 3G programs.

This is actually a good idea to work on...

I have a dozen such programs in the list of either done or to-do; it's not just building them, it's marketing them properly. Breast enlargement could make me a millionaire. Breast reduction. Stop Smoking. Weight Loss. Hair regrowth. Overcoming Erectile Dysfunction. Pain Relief. Testosterone booster. Off the top of my head, every one of those, properly marketed is worth several million. But unfortunately, the time is not quite right for me to do that.

It would be a nice change of pace to work on Hair Regrowth next.

RE: Growing Hair - cfact - 01-14-2014

(05-15-2013, 05:55 PM)Shannon Wrote: It would be a nice change of pace to work on Hair Regrowth next.
Hopefully you are ready for a change of pace Big Grin

I add my name to the list of those that want this!

Was wondering, for physical change subs, are the suggestions generally for the brain to direct the change (e.g. "send more blood to the scalp"), or for the user to follow a plan of action to achieve the change (e.g. "vigorously brush the hair twice a day"), or a combo of the two? (brain directives and good habit suggestions)

RE: Growing Hair - Shannon - 01-14-2014

I am currently upgrading 3G programs to 4G as quickly as I can maintain quality work, and this is expected to take 1 to 3 months to complete. I was looking at the script for the six stage set for this program yesterday, wishing I had the time and energy to work on it... it's coming. I could use it myself.

The ways in which it will be attempting to achieve the goal are myriad. Brushing the scalp/hair isn't one of them. Sending more oxygen and nutrients to the follicles is in there, but isn't the main gist of what it's trying to do. It's a very complex script, and one I would love to build and publish right this very minute... but... I cannot put off upgrading 3G programs any further.

So after that I'm going to try to build some single stage requests and then some more 6 stage 5G sets. When that time comes, I'm liking this one. But remember, the reason my programs work so well is because I don't skimp on time, research, effort or refusing to release it until I genuinely believe that a program will do what it's intended to do. That of course means the process takes time, and sometimes a lot of time (as was the case for AM6, which I needed to re-start from scratch twice, and then literally spend months working on and building).

I'm expecting that from this point to building this program will be about 4 months, but that may change in either direction depending on unforeseen circumstances.

Good news is, I have developed several new technologies that should make the program significantly more effective than before.

RE: Growing Hair - jonathan4all - 01-14-2014

I urge you do not forget the dandruff part.. just jot down few points in your notes on that. Some people do not have high melatonin and also not healthy scalp. This sub has huge potentiality.

RE: Growing Hair - cfact - 01-15-2014

(01-14-2014, 11:11 PM)jonathan4all Wrote: I urge you do not forget the dandruff part.. just jot down few points in your notes on that. Some people do not have high melatonin and also not healthy scalp. This sub has huge potentiality.
Tend to agree with you (healthy scalp) and Shannon (on oxygen, nutrients... i.e. blood flow). I don't think DHT is the the main issue here... clearly blood flow makes a big difference here (and is only logical - the top of our head has the least blood flow gravity wise - we have NO problem growing hair almost anywhere else!)

Scalp inflammation and laxity are associated with this - if you can basically decrease the inflammation and make the scalp more relaxed/flexible - more blood flow and more nutrients will get where they need to. I have even taken to hanging my head upside down - but it would be a lot easier with a sub telling my body to send blood to my scalp!

Another angle is addressing the PGD2 amounts in the balding areas http://gizmodo.com/5895467/scientists-have-worked-out-how-to-stop-you-going-bald - but this could be addressed by simply increasing blood flow there.

RE: Growing Hair - Shannon - 01-15-2014

My research has shown that - as expected - it is a very complex and challenging issue. My program attempts to do everything possible to help, but there are several forms of and reasons for balding, and not all of them will be as easy to help as others. So I'm not expecting miracles, but I do believe that what I create will most definitely be useful, and I expect it will be more so than the more commonly prescribed or used treatments.

What has dandruff got to do with hair loss?

RE: Growing Hair - ffaux - 01-24-2014

I have a theory about hair loss being correlated with beliefs that your family/community/society/whatever doesn't depend on you.

Also have a theory about hair loss being correlated with repressed desire to hurt other people.

RE: Growing Hair - Elusive - 01-25-2014

On a side note, are there any thoughts on beard growth?
Bald-spots and different growth directions. Asymmetrical beard-growth ain't pretty.

RE: Growing Hair - Shannon - 01-25-2014

(01-24-2014, 03:23 PM)ffaux Wrote: I have a theory about hair loss being correlated with beliefs that your family/community/society/whatever doesn't depend on you.

Also have a theory about hair loss being correlated with repressed desire to hurt other people.

This concept presupposes that having others depend on you is important. That will not be the case for everyone, and even if it was, why would it result in hair loss? What are the details of your theory here, ffaux? I'm curious.

It seems to me that hair loss would have to be a sort of self punishment for not being whatever "hair" represents to your subconscious if this were valid. If you associate hair with being a "real man" and a "real man" with being a provider of some sort and therefore depended upon, I could see it being possible that in some cases the subconscious would potentially contribute to hair loss intentionally under circumstances like this. But it certainly wouldn't seem likely to affect a majority or even a minority of people for these reasons, since these beliefs and conditions still depend on a specific interpretation by, and response of, the subconscious for the outcome. That interpretation and response combination would almost certainly be very rare in my opinion.

Still, I can see how this could be one cause of hair loss, or at least a contributing factor, for some people.

RE: Growing Hair - Shannon - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 05:15 AM)Elusive Wrote: On a side note, are there any thoughts on beard growth?
Bald-spots and different growth directions. Asymmetrical beard-growth ain't pretty.

If I let my beard grow out, it definitely grows faster on the right side of my chin, and straighter. The end result is that I can't let it get more than a couple inches long without having to constantly brush it back to even and that gets old fast.

I haven't studied this phenomenon yet, bald spots and such, but different growth directions (known colloquially as "cowlicks") would seem to be genetic.

RE: Growing Hair - ffaux - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 03:13 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 03:23 PM)ffaux Wrote: I have a theory about hair loss being correlated with beliefs that your family/community/society/whatever doesn't depend on you.

This concept presupposes that having others depend on you is important. That will not be the case for everyone, and even if it was, why would it result in hair loss? What are the details of your theory here, ffaux? I'm curious.

A couple of really vague threads of thought.

Firstly, "depend on you" in this context means that you feel you are contributing meaningfully and that your family/community/society requires you for their ongoing survival and will be weaker without you.

1. Male pattern baldness is mostly thought of as being inherited from the mothers side. I believe I've observed a pattern where men who are balding haven't broken out of the womb psychologically and don’t perceive themselves as members upon which their family/community/society depend for their survival.

2. The second major group of balding men seem to start balding post mid-life crisis where they question the meaningfulness of their lives.

3. Beyond that, loosing your hair is traditionally associated with old age, retirement and children growing up (i.e. no longer being required for the survival of society).

Maybe it’s more about meaningfulness than interdependence but those are the unscientifically observed patterns that led me to my hypothesis.

RE: Growing Hair - cfact - 01-26-2014

I really don't think psychology plays a major role in this. Ultimately blood flow, inflammation, miniaturization of follicles should be the focus. Sure, there is crisis/stress related hair-loss- but that is not male pattern baldness (different causes and cures).

Also on Shannon's question "What has dandruff got to do with hair loss?" - I cannot answer for what jonathan4all was thinking, but anti-dandruff shampoos actually help with shedding/hair diameter (http://www.sghairtalk.com/temp/product-keto-scientific.htm), So it is not dandruff per se that is related to hair loss, but rather what ketoconazole or zinc pyrithione are doing that seems to matter.

Possibly killing fungus is one aspect - but I think we are back to inflammation mainly:
"The researchers believed that ketoconazole was able to increase hair growth because of
--its broad antifungal activities against the microbes colonizing the scalp flora; and
--its anti-inflammatory properties"
http://www.progressivehealth.com/nizoral-shampoo.htm

In short - going back to Shannon's earlier comment - "Sending more oxygen and nutrients to the follicles" - I think this would address balding in the most direct way. Again, anyone who grows facial/chest/back hair knows they are perfectly capable of growing hair if the blood and nutrients are there!!! No need to venture into "womb psychology" Big Grin

RE: Growing Hair - Elusive - 01-26-2014

(01-25-2014, 03:15 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 05:15 AM)Elusive Wrote: On a side note, are there any thoughts on beard growth?

If I let my beard grow out, it definitely grows faster on the right side of my chin, and straighter. The end result is that I can't let it get more than a couple inches long without having to constantly brush it back to even and that gets old fast.

I haven't studied this phenomenon yet, bald spots and such, but different growth directions (known colloquially as "cowlicks") would seem to be genetic.

If its genetic, it is traditionally impossible to alter?

RE: Growing Hair - Shannon - 01-27-2014

(01-26-2014, 03:31 AM)Elusive Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 03:15 PM)Shannon Wrote:

If its genetic, it is traditionally impossible to alter?

Based on what research I have done - and I am far from finished researching this as of yet - genetics is not necessarily concrete. It is apparently true that things are a lot more complex than we thought, and the commonly held idea that "if it's genetic it's unchangeable" are not true. It seems to be possible that genes can be altered in how they express themselves at least, depending on certain variables.