Subliminal Talk
Meditation Discovery - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Meditation Discovery (/Thread-Meditation-Discovery)

Meditation Discovery - Andrew - 10-03-2012

Hi everyone!

Recently I discovered something very interesting. I am sure it is not new but I believe my ability to teach/explain it would allow "regular" people to use this discovery as opposed to just life-long monks.

I've had a bout of phantom decentralized pain and insomnia but during this dark time, I made a discovery using self-guided meditation/relaxation technique I had learned while going through my hypnosis accreditation courses (I never finished these as I had to go travel after my best friend ended his life a couple years ago).

So during this time of pain recently, I was on very powerful prescription painkillers that could not rid me of the terrible pain and migraines. The prescription made it semi-bearable, but you can only take these for a limited time before you need to up the dose and I was not willing to do this. So I stopped the painkillers, and started meditating. Something I don't do or need to do often, as lifting weights, making art, playing music rids me off all life stress under normal circumstance so I just never find the need to meditate.

During my hypnosis courses, I had discovered, as most people do how to induce several levels of hypnotic states on myself without a guide, or having to listen to anything. Just self-guided progressive relaxation. But what happened this time was nothing short of astounding. At first, I found I could lessen the pain. Then what happened next I still can't quite explain but I was able to reverse it and turn it into pleasure. For the entire duration of the rest of the meditation I had no pain, and a full body pleasure sensation better than any prescription pain killer I'd ever used. I even had no pain for an hour afterwards, and over the next few days the pain did come back but it was only a fraction of the intensity from before and made it manageable. On top of that, as different aspects of my brain turned off, silenced, others turned on and I found my awareness increasing ten fold. I found I could now communicate with my superconscious freely in open dialogue (and possibly others' as well, but I obviously can't prove that part). I found I could recreate ANY sensation, ANY feeling, ANY emotion. I could recreate inspiration, not only on a local level but on a much broader level to where for the next few days everything I came across was viewed from an entire different perspective of either helping me with my greater life aspirations or not. I became super-inspired and super-focused. Petty things were eliminated completely as my superconscious was now temporarily aligned with my waking conscious. (For the record I don't think we should live from our ideal superconscious all the time, that balance is important-but most people live from their regular conscious just about 100% of the time letting small things run their life...).

Many of you know I'm a very scientific person, and won't make any for-sure claims without a scientific study in my back pocket to back it up. So, I don't. I don't expect anyone to believe a single word of this. I'm not going to reach in my back pocket to throw a dozen studies around prove credibility because there aren't any and it was strictly a personal experience. But, if you are interested out of faith in what I'm saying as true, I am considering trying to teach a few people over text/skype/whatever. If it is something teachable, then I would publish through our store with Shannon or on my own. If it's possible to teach then it would compliment our products well. Let me know your thoughts forum kings. This is an ability I believe many devotees spend a lifetime to achieve, and it just fell into my lap. On top of that, I don't think it's exceptionally hard and can be taught with the right words. For a starting run, I'm looking for people familiar from patient or practitioner side of hypnosis (anyone who has gone through and reached hypnotic states).

RE: Meditation Discovery - Spiral - 10-03-2012

I'm interested but have never had any experience with hypnosis or have been hypnotized. I have experienced some interesting things while meditating like just uncontrollably falling into an intense trance for a few moments and visualizing odd things. This is something that interests me.

RE: Meditation Discovery - ssh - 10-03-2012

I'm too interested and in the past I had been hypnotized by professional practitioners. But I will tell you this, the intensity of the hypnotic sessions and the "depth" in particular was a normal thing for me, there was nothing new to me. This may be due to the fact that I meditate occasionally and I feel there are similarities between meditation and hypnosis. But I enjoy meditation more than hypnosis.

And about your experience, I could only guess you had a high level of consciousness then, when you experienced this. Regarding the pain control and the transformation - well, I have read and listened about it and how great people who were subjected to extreme pain were able to tolerate and win over it. It could be that you might have been able to 'detach' yourself in some degree from your body and senses for some time which could have resulted in this special experience that you had. Anyway, It's really special one and hope to hear form you in this direction as I'm interested in using it to reduce and convert pain into pleasure.

RE: Meditation Discovery - Elusive - 10-04-2012

That seams like something I want to learn, tho I do not possess any history with hypnosis and my experience with meditation are very limited, so far. It would be a nice chapter in my quest for self-mastery.

RE: Meditation Discovery - Sean - 10-04-2012

Andrew, I would love to learn this, and have zero experience with hypnosis from either side.

Did you try the Chronic & Useless Pain Relief sub for this?

RE: Meditation Discovery - DrDestiny - 10-05-2012

(10-03-2012, 02:42 PM)Andrew Wrote: Hi everyone!

Recently I discovered something very interesting. I am sure it is not new but I believe my ability to teach/explain it would allow "regular" people to use this discovery as opposed to just life-long monks.

I've had a bout of phantom decentralized pain and insomnia but during this dark time, I made a discovery using self-guided meditation/relaxation technique I had learned while going through my hypnosis accreditation courses (I never finished these as I had to go travel after my best friend ended his life a couple years ago).

So during this time of pain recently, I was on very powerful prescription painkillers that could not rid me of the terrible pain and migraines. The prescription made it semi-bearable, but you can only take these for a limited time before you need to up the dose and I was not willing to do this. So I stopped the painkillers, and started meditating. Something I don't do or need to do often, as lifting weights, making art, playing music rids me off all life stress under normal circumstance so I just never find the need to meditate.

During my hypnosis courses, I had discovered, as most people do how to induce several levels of hypnotic states on myself without a guide, or having to listen to anything. Just self-guided progressive relaxation. But what happened this time was nothing short of astounding. At first, I found I could lessen the pain. Then what happened next I still can't quite explain but I was able to reverse it and turn it into pleasure. For the entire duration of the rest of the meditation I had no pain, and a full body pleasure sensation better than any prescription pain killer I'd ever used. I even had no pain for an hour afterwards, and over the next few days the pain did come back but it was only a fraction of the intensity from before and made it manageable. On top of that, as different aspects of my brain turned off, silenced, others turned on and I found my awareness increasing ten fold. I found I could now communicate with my superconscious freely in open dialogue (and possibly others' as well, but I obviously can't prove that part). I found I could recreate ANY sensation, ANY feeling, ANY emotion. I could recreate inspiration, not only on a local level but on a much broader level to where for the next few days everything I came across was viewed from an entire different perspective of either helping me with my greater life aspirations or not. I became super-inspired and super-focused. Petty things were eliminated completely as my superconscious was now temporarily aligned with my waking conscious. (For the record I don't think we should live from our ideal superconscious all the time, that balance is important-but most people live from their regular conscious just about 100% of the time letting small things run their life...).

Many of you know I'm a very scientific person, and won't make any for-sure claims without a scientific study in my back pocket to back it up. So, I don't. I don't expect anyone to believe a single word of this. I'm not going to reach in my back pocket to throw a dozen studies around prove credibility because there aren't any and it was strictly a personal experience. But, if you are interested out of faith in what I'm saying as true, I am considering trying to teach a few people over text/skype/whatever. If it is something teachable, then I would publish through our store with Shannon or on my own. If it's possible to teach then it would compliment our products well. Let me know your thoughts forum kings. This is an ability I believe many devotees spend a lifetime to achieve, and it just fell into my lap. On top of that, I don't think it's exceptionally hard and can be taught with the right words. For a starting run, I'm looking for people familiar from patient or practitioner side of hypnosis (anyone who has gone through and reached hypnotic states).

Andrew could you share a little more about the experience of communicating with your superconscious? Thanks (by the way thanks for the PM .It was extremely useful .just been too lazy to reply yet .sorry.) I am also interested in learning more - i have been a serious meditator for 21 years.

RE: Meditation Discovery - Patti - 10-05-2012

Andrew, that is fascinating! Although, I’m sorry you had to be so much pain to learn that technique. That story just makes me wonder even more about the power of the subconscious. Did your subconscious in fact bring you extreme pain, knowing you would use your training in hypnosis and make this break through discovery? Are the subs you’ve used helping to open up communication between your conscious and unconscious mind? Would using this hypnosis technique help the future sub programs we use work better or more efficient? Those are the types of questions that I always think of when I hear a story like yours. I’d be very interested in learning how you do what you do. I think you should put in the shop or write it in a thread on here. Has it happened to you after that first time? I hope you’re feeling better!

RE: Meditation Discovery - Andrew - 10-07-2012

Hey everyone,

I thought there'd be a few more people familiar with hypnosis but I guess no. Please google "progressive relaxation" and spend a few days getting familiar with it. If you are familiar and are ready to achieve the same results without the whole flexing/relaxing process, as well as make the process self-guided, that is the next step before what I'm talking about. If you get to that point, or are already familiar with prog. relaxation and can do it with achieving the end results, PM me. p.s. I suggest starting with the toes and always be lying down although it's optional where you want to start.

RE: Meditation Discovery - Andrew - 03-03-2013

I am doing my first write-up on how to do this right now. Should be done within a couple hours. I'm not going to post it here though, I'm going to post it over at (thesoup.org) under the "Advanced Hypnosis-Based Meditation" topic as it really doesn't have any place here.

Sean- I saw you are going to a SDC. You can do this there, in fact, it becomes far easier. The end result is identical except in a SDC you can focus better, since you don't have to go through either self-hypnosis or monk's meditation training to disregard background noises...vibrations...things of that nature.

OK, just got invited to go have food with friends and my writing is getting to be a few pages. I'm going to take a break, I'll finish in the next few hours Smile

Just put it up. Check it out if you are into meditation, hypnosis, or heightened awareness.

RE: Meditation Discovery - Sean - 03-04-2013

Andrew,

Where is it?

RE: Meditation Discovery - Andrew - 03-04-2013

over at thesoup.org