Subliminal Talk
Iphone Ipad without headphones - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Iphone Ipad without headphones (/Thread-Iphone-Ipad-without-headphones)

Iphone Ipad without headphones - aDelfino - 09-23-2012

Hi guys
I usually play during the night the AM ultrasonic (silent) with my iphone o ipda using headphones, but is slightly uncomfortable all night.

Do you know if the Iphone and Ipad's speakers are good enough to play the silent version?

thanks

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Yuri - 09-23-2012

it works on my iphone without statick but on a low volume otherwise its too staticky from the speakers and u shouldnt play ultrasonics on headphones it might damage your hearing, as long as u didnt have any data loss during the transfer to the iphone it should be fine, but to be more on the safeside u should play the masked instead of ultrasonics on an iphone speaker.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Sean - 09-23-2012

I've played AM5 on a stereo, and on headphones. My experience supports Shannon's statements that using headphones has a much greater effect than an external source for the sound. My solution to this has been to order Shure SE215 earbuds which are recommended as being comfortable to wear while sleeping. Seriously, it's MUCH more effective to wear headphones. I'm using a masked track, so there's little danger to my hearing.

When they arrive, I'll give a report on their comfort after using them overnight. I'm sure they'll be better than the Skullcandy el-cheapo headphones I'm using now.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Tiesto - 09-23-2012

(09-23-2012, 08:15 AM)aDelfino Wrote: Hi guys
I usually play during the night the AM ultrasonic (silent) with my iphone o ipda using headphones, but is slightly uncomfortable all night.

Do you know if the Iphone and Ipad's speakers are good enough to play the silent version?

thanks

The built-in speakers inside an Iphone is a mono speaker, and I believe that AM 5.0 incorporate the Spatial-Stereo-Effect which requires a stereo speaker in order to get optimum result, so using the built-in Iphone speakers is not recommended.

I don't know about the built-in Ipad speakers though, you have to check whether they are mono or stereo, and whether they can play the ultrasonic without distortion or not.

I'm using this really cheap Phillips SHE 2660 earbuds, they have good frequency range from 12 - 22000 hertz, and I find them pretty comfortable to sleep with.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - akthus - 10-21-2012

Does anybody know if the new Iphone 5 has stereo speakers ?

I want to use the Iphone for the silent version if I can.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Shannon - 10-24-2012

It is rare to find any phone with other than mono speakers. I would be very surprised if you even could.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Sean - 12-07-2012

If anyone is looking to purchase earphones, http://www.earphonesolutions.com is having a flash sale until 9PM. Coupon code is FLASH25 to save 25%.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Laura - 01-25-2013

I've ordered sleepphones and they've arrived today. I toss and turn too many times for normal earphones to stay in my ears while I sleep. I'm going to use them tonight for the first time.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Laura - 01-25-2013

(01-25-2013, 06:19 AM)Laura Wrote: I've ordered sleepphones and they've arrived today. I toss and turn too many times for normal earphones to stay in my ears while I sleep. I'm going to use them tonight for the first time.

Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE the sleephones (connected to my iPhone) I bought. Listened to a sub (Write a Chapter a Day) all night long. I'm glad I bought 2 pairs of sleepphones - one for my place and one for BF's place. The sleepphones I have are from sleepphones.com.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Strawberry Blonde - 02-17-2013

Would an iPad without headphones be good enough for playing the sub Absolute Self Confidence on silence during the night.
Would it be effective at all or just a waste of time.

RE: Iphone Ipad without headphones - Subeternal - 02-17-2013

(02-17-2013, 10:03 AM)Strawberry Blonde Wrote: Would an iPad without headphones be good enough for playing the sub Absolute Self Confidence on silence during the night.
Would it be effective at all or just a waste of time.

You can use the ipad speakers but using mono speakers will diminish the effects/results greatly. It will still work though if you decide to play it that way.

Your best bet if your keen on using your ipad is to use it with external speakers with stereo. Only the Ipad mini has stereo speakers currently of any model. If you dont like all the separate pieces buy one of the small bar types.