Subliminal Talk
ADD / ADHD / Self Control - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: General Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-General-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: ADD / ADHD / Self Control (/Thread-ADD-ADHD-Self-Control)

ADD / ADHD / Self Control - Sean - 08-26-2012

Shannon,

I'd like to suggest that you do a set for kids and/or adults who are having trouble with ADD or self control specifically related to controlling impulses.

I have a boy with serious ADHD, and the side effects of the drugs are not good. I'd like to help him control himself so that his doctor can wean him off the drugs.

Thanks!

RE: ADD / ADHD / Self Control - RainbowAbyss - 08-26-2012

another great suggestion-I've come off adderall for the first time in a long time, and I'm struggling a bit, in addition to the normal effects that the adderall was helping with being back, less so, but still back, the withdrawl is pretty tricky to navigate emotionally and focus wise.

RE: ADD / ADHD / Self Control - Shannon - 08-30-2012

ADD can be helped by using a program we already have available. The Core States of Awareness program (in the Brainwave Entrainment section of the store) has an example of Gamma, Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta entrainment. ADD is frequently caused by, or at least correlates to, too much Theta while awake in an adult. The solution I have found effective in a lot of cases is to entrain Beta instead. Have not attempted this with ADHD; but I would theorize that depending on your son's age, Theta, Alpha or Beta might help with that. Perhaps have him use each for a half hour once or twice a day for a week each, and see how he responds.

RE: ADD / ADHD / Self Control - Sean - 08-30-2012

Shannon, Thanks for the feedback! I'll take a look into that and see if he and his mother are willing to do that. I'd like to be able to have him listen to waves or a stream all night along with subliminals because that's much easier to do with a hyper 7yo.

RE: ADD / ADHD / Self Control - Shannon - 08-31-2012

BWE is best if it's brainwave audio and pink noise. The whole point is to bore the conscious mind into relaxing and allowing the brainwaves to work. But trickling stream audio is similar, so maybe it's worth making one based on that...

But, you don't want it used at night. It's not subliminal. Beta brainwave entrainment will prevent sleep... it's basically telling the brain to shift into " fully awake". It can't be used on loop, either... prevents natural sleep cycling. And it requires headphones, too.

RE: ADD / ADHD / Self Control - Sean - 08-31-2012

Shannon,

I'm familiar with BWE: I tried using some HemiSync stuff for a while but never got far with it. That's one of the reasons I wanted to find subs for my boy.

RE: ADD / ADHD / Self Control - Shannon - 08-31-2012

Keep in mind that not all producers are using the same technology, even when it comes to something as simple as brainwave entrainment. Standard BWE is based on binaural beats, which require two slightly different tones being fed into each ear, and the frequency difference becomes audible as the binaural beat.

I don't use that technology. I use a different type of BWE technology which is much more effective. I don't know which method they use, but you might give mine a try and see what happens.

Subs for ADD and ADHD would require me to know what was causing them, and to the best of my knowledge, what is causing them is too much exposure to TV, movies, video games and computers, combined with a general fear of disciplining children that is prevalent these days. How would I deal with that using subs?

I could make something that helps calm a child... I could make something to improve focus... but if the brainwave state of the child is out of whack, as I suspect it is, I'm not sure those would help.

RE: ADD / ADHD / Self Control - Sean - 09-01-2012

Shannon, you need to stop making sense. It's very frustrating. ;-)